/acg/-Armored Core General

No one even bothered Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/dual-gear-mecha-turn-based-x-action-game#/
thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2016/06/02/waves-of-mysterious-sonic-booms-shake-ground-shatter-windows-in-iasi-romania/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump.

5th Gen part designs are completely superior to older gens, their only ingame caveat being the fact that ACs have to be built for defense thus allowing you little freedom in part choice.
Discuss

>5th Gen part designs are completely superior to older gens
Opinion
>ACs have to be built for defense thus allowing you little freedom in part choice
Truth, and that's what makes gen 5 less fun.

How are my favorite clients doing today?
Hope you're having a nice summer.

So you're saying you like the uninspired bland look that everything until Gen 4 had? Despite having played the series since AC2 I can barely remember any non-weapon parts from the older games. 4 finally introduced unique designs, but was held back by quite a lot of simply ugly frames (looking at you, Rosenthal and Interior). In 5 there's no real premade ACs, and while I miss some of the unique designs FA had (Fragile, Linstant) it also introduced that nice industrial look. And there's things such as the MALICIOUS core or the NOWAKI legs that look really fuckin cool.
There's also the fact that wepons finally look proportionate to the frame itself. In older games hand weaponry often looked pretty stupid because of how they were just "tacked on" with a weird small handle, and the ACs hands in general being really small. It looked like they should snap at the wrists.

>5th Gen part designs are completely superior to older gens

No they're gross

I thought 4th gen had the most boring designs.

>pic

For a moment I thought those were hover legs.

Bump.

Did you know japs had access to full 720p screenshots from the VD official page, while we were stuck and just for a little while with shitty 320p upscales?

of course, nips never share the good stuff. We will never get those AC books translated.

In my opinion the older designs looked much sleeker and more recognizable when put side by side, unlike VD which has many parts that are exactly the same with a slight difference aesthetically to tell them apart. Certain parts in VD simply don't look good paired with each other, mainly certain TE heads on smaller cores or legs, or probably most TE parts since they have a slightly curvy and glossy look, while everything else is blocky and grimy from wear, though you can mix and match more than in FA but the limiting defense mechanics are a deal breaker for me. Also personally, I feel like parts in older games had better paint layouts than in gen 5.

bump

It doesn't help VD that the name of parts are so ridiculous to learn. I don't know what the fuck compelled FROM to change them from V if most of them are the same.

Aren't The VD parts the mass production runs of the V parts?

Bump.

You're gross.
I'm actually just trying to keep the thread from dying again after 10 posts by sparking some discussion but don't tell anyone

Bump.

I dont know, the classics designs are unique in their own way, thing that even 4 and some parts of V era even use today.

Bump.

How does one apply for a /acg/ team in VD? Most of my old team quit.

Bump.

Wait for Ahab, he is reviving his VD team.

Didn't know we could talk about other mecha here, so here goes;

Thoughs on EXVS? Anyone play it?

Thoughts on GB1/2/3? Anyone play it?

Thoughts on turn based Armored Core game coming out on PC? No, the brand isn't Armored Core, it just looks like Armored Core. I might post so WebM if I'm not lazy.

Okay then. Dear Ahab, I wanna get into dat dere team of yours. I mainly play tanks with bigass guns (Howitzers, SCs, sometimes Autocannons or Cannons), and some other stuff on the side. I'm on INT PS3 and my playtimes vary wildly, usually only on for long on the weekends.

That's the lore explanation

DEEPEST LORE

Keep doing gods work user

I play EXVS FB now and then. I main these badass. Gundam Breaker seems dull in comparison, but I guess it's a different game with a different pace.

doesnt the big clock get in the way?

how is the status for SNFA this time? Penny will you show up?

No, That's the coolest part. It's actually a laser coating that can save your ass if someone connects a laser shot. You can purge it to gain speed too, and wear it again whenever you want.

wew

The older GVG games were better, especially the Zeta game.

We need to fight Vass, I main the X1.

HAHAHAHAHA KINKEIDO

Just a reminder guys: try to make /acg/ your homepage, so it's easier to remember when it needs bumping.

ZAAAAABINNNNNEEE!!!

>dat static airplane
>dat landing with no damping

Otherwise looks good. A bit too "clean", but guess that's the aesthetic.

Message me on PSN.
I just restore previous session every time,

Are you going to interrogate him about his waifu tastes? That's the procedure you know

hump.

>tfw computer crashes every time I try to run this

Too much grafix Pen-Pen?

I can't even run it on low. My stupid toaster overheats just playing Terraria.

Wuts that

Asking if Penny will show up is like asking when AC6 will come.

Just let the topic rest, he's not obligated to join anything we do.

Bump guys

bump

Dual Gear. New indie game with Front Mission influences.

indiegogo.com/projects/dual-gear-mecha-turn-based-x-action-game#/

pity bump

t.gerg

hump.

thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2016/06/02/waves-of-mysterious-sonic-booms-shake-ground-shatter-windows-in-iasi-romania/

This is how Armored Core 1 started. Be wary.

Which is the same as your name I presume?

>japanese mecha
Oh those crazy seasians.