/gerg/ - Giant Extreme Robots General

Will Kong make it out of this one?
Stay tuned for the next episode Edition!

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw

New /gerg/ game, from the makers of Shadowrun Returns
battletechgame.com/

Armored Core:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

Mechwarrior Living Legends:
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Installer + Gamespy fix:
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=19022.0
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20422.0.html

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/index.php/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Get your all seeing eye here:
mwomercs.com/cyclops

Play Snake on your Samsung™ product of choice today:
mwomercs.com/viper

Light up the Night:
mwomercs.com/night-gyr

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/444180/
localditch.com/mechwarrior/mpbt/shot3big.jpg
mwomercs.com/forums/topic/175983-ui-typo-located-master-tier-module-slot/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Will Kong make it out of this one?
Too shit to actually win games
Too busy to keep the thread alive

Have you gotten your 10 kills today?

Jesus christ

UAC10 Kodiak?

Actually 2 ppc and 2 gauss.

Most viable builds for the upcoming NigGyr?

I'm thinking:
>3x UAC5 4x ERML (5x on the NTG-D)
>2x Gauss 3x ERML (4x on the NTG-D)
>2x UAC10 5x ERML (6x on the NTG-D)

Even then, I'm finding out that these builds may not hold a candle to the IS equivalents or the omnipresent laser vomit.

4UAC5
3UAC10

>4x UAC5
Gets 7-8 tons of ammo depending on amount of sacrificed armour. Even less if you stuff in a targeting computer.

>3x UAC10
Gets 7 tons of ammo but deals with ghost heat.

And?

Do you think that's not enough ammo? It is for both of them.

> deals with ghost heat.

Oh no, 2 extra points of heat on my incredibly cool guns

NGR's armament is pretty scary for a heavy.

nth for zerg.

Which timber madman CT is better, the energy one or the JJ one?

And it's still not enough to efficiently punch through IS armour and kill them before they cripple you.

This is how I imagine frumpy dumpy kit

CT you shitlord

PGI have been eerily silent for the past couple weeks. The only thing they've talked about has been something to do with the gigantic flop they call their tournament.

The regular playerbase is losing interest at an exponential rate. 288 people being catered to with their little counter strike experiment while the rest of the couple thousand who fund this process languish and wither away.

Where's the rescale, the new heat system, the weapon reworks, the quirk rebalancing? Where's the future of this game?

Just watched the first day's stream and wanted to say congrats to KongLords on their win.

>new heat system

hopefully never

Rescale is in a couple of weeks for the next patch, along with the requirkening.

>quirk rebalancing
What are they going to do? Tone down IS mechs? Quirk clan mechs/omnipods? Keep buffing IS mechs because clans imba?

There are 1900 people in the tournament and the playerbase is more or less the same as it was a year ago but you go ahead and think whatever you'd like.

It's hand in hand with the rescale, so what we should be seeing is nerfs to mechs that had excessive quirking due to size related performance problems, and perhaps the opposite as well for those mechs that are getting bigger.

But it's PGI, so who knows.

Ones to look out for: Catapults, Novas, Quickdraws, Dragons

So I take it the clan Huelanders and Onions aren't going to get anything?

Clan tech is OP

Russ has said they're also revisiting the IIC's, but might not be in this quirk pass.

>the repainted concept art threat is kill
butwhy?

Surprise tits.

I'm definitely running one with laser vomit. 2x LPLs in the side torsos, one medium in the head, two and two in the arms, fuckloads of heatsinks and a targeting computer.

when

When you let Russ snort coke off your ass as you blow him.

bane?

look guys, it's techwarriors:tactics online
store.steampowered.com/app/444180/

Yo i won again
we /living in another way/
forgot to make another post but yeah up to neck in work somehow i do it. go figure

The quirk plan lists Oxide, Banshee, Battlemaster here, Marauder, Mauler

The first one to talk gets to have quirks

So that's where the MWT code ended up auctioned off to.

Well, Jade Kite might have potential in an advanced Hellbringer build.

Left Arm with 2x UAC5s, Torsos with a large pulse laser each, head and right arm with a total of 3x er medium lasers. 6 tons ammo, targeting computer and 2 extra double heatsinks. It may end up a bit crispy, but it might also end up pretty efficient at pumping pintpoint damage up to 600 meters.

>store.steampowered.com/app/444180/

>;)

Ayy

Anyone here has highlanders/IICs? What kind of builds you put on your shitmechs, members of my family?

4 LPL streak 6 in the torso with 2 streak 4s in the arm. Other varient is Goose with ER Large to fight long distance.. The C variant I think that has the two ballistics is 2 UAC 10 and what ever else you want in it.

fucking whispers and harabec get on

Someone record this

So when is Kong gonna play in the ComStar fan tournaments?

Kills Secured

Nice, so how it is now, 2 wins and 2 losses?

whatever

Bantz

Yeah

You won't be able to do that.

kong doesn't do that

you have locked slots in your side torsos
so not enough space to bring lots of heatsinks

They don't

But realtalk the Night Gyr can't do laser vomit or energy-only builds, they are too light for it.

bump

i'm really itching for a mech game. is MWO worth jumping into? it's not pay2win like world of tanks or something, is it?

It's not pay2win. You can buy mechs early but that doesn't really matter.

give it a shot but i wouldn't recommend dropping much/any money on it.

>is MWO worth jumping into?

No.

Don't listen to the give it a shot people. Time is precious and would be wasted on a turd like MWO.

>is MWO worth jumping into?

Yes.

Don't listen to the shitposters. Game is great and only getting better.

Kakos "BlackJackAttack" Kolos credit to team, I see.

MWO is worth it because there literally is nothing better.

Not that it's great, but it'll scratch the itch. About the only thing I'd spend money on is Mechbays, and that simply because it allows you to dodge the horrible void of hatred and suffering that is Faction Warfare.

It's not P2W, if only because virtually all robots end up going in a straightforward process of real money -> MC (game currency, most commonly gotten for money but also for events and FW) -> Cbills (gotten via normal play). And the ones that can't be aren't going to dominate vs. Cbill-buyable robots.

Spend your Cbills carefully, though. Game gets more grindy after your academy + first 25 games with notably lower Cbill gain.

>i'm really itching for a mech game.

Go play something else, there's nothing here but broken dreams and a bunch of shills

who the fuck is FLH?

Follow your dreams user.

it's a time fuck sink.

>thread being kept alive by the power of shilling and shitposting

I love it when people come together

All videogames are. What, you think we get material gains out of most of our entertainment?

Charger when?

:3

>he owns all huelander eye eye cees.

I bought them Ă  la carte along with Hunchie IIC's. Come at me Vasshole.

:))))

I'll show you something golden to milk...
*unzips*

What tier are y'all in?

play now my lord

1, but not like tier matters unless you're so shit you stay in 5 forever

I WISH I was forever stuck in tier 5.

At least then I'd be able to play fucking retarded builds and still have fun, and not be meta compliant to even make a dent.

I could totally get into this game, but their robots are butt ugly. They look so boring and generic.

Guys is MWO p2w?

MWO is guys p2w?

ho man, i expected some crummy cod/arena shooter like hawken but i was pleasantly surprised. it can be pretty intense

That's clearly a ripoff ACH.

no, is original game

where is proofs of ripoff tovarisch??

Well done my klords

>Smoke jags 7% population
>Ghost Bears 9% population
>Jade Falcons 12% population
>Wolves 11% population
>Liao, Marik, Kurita are at 8%, 9% and 9% respectively

Why do we have this many factions if we're going to limit the places that can be defended or attacked, again...?

A better question is why do we have CW in the first place?

localditch.com/mechwarrior/mpbt/shot3big.jpg

a pale imitation

RIP greg

>that bonus mission

Which is better for ebin jaggy; 2xUAC10 4x ERML or 3xUAC5 3xERML?

2LPL 4ML

Also 3UAC5 3SL actually gives you some ammo

>3UAC5 3SL gives you some ammo
But suffers in the firepower department when all three of the UACs inevitably jam.

Also, I've already got like 5 clams with the damned LPL+ERML combinations, I'm getting really fucking tired of using just that and nothing else.

>not even putting a 4th srm6 in the missile variant
Nigga please

Well too bad because everything except 2LPL+MLs is shit, thanks to piggy's ideas of game balance.

>Well too bad because everything except 2LPL+MLs is shit, thanks to piggy's ideas of game balance.

Okay, I guess I can leave this game be. It's like playing a sluggish counterstrike with just AK's and nothing else.

Well, they totally butchered clan heatsinks and pretty much all clan weapons that aren't LPLs, ERMLs and boated streak6s. Also a lot of the clan mechs have bad combinations of available tonnage and hardpoints which even further limits what you're allowed to do.

Actually C-SPLs are among the better weapons in the game, provided you have the capability to use them.

The problem is that you need to have sufficient energy hardpoints and tonnage to take full advantage of them, and the meta isn't exactly favourable to getting in point blank range.

Hence capability to use them

12SPL SCR, 6SPL Jenner, Viper etc are all great at what they do. Doesn't work too well for heavier robots though.

The C-UAC10 is amazing too of course for heavier robots, but the HBK-IIC, Night Gyr, Kodiak, and Dire Wolf are the only mechs that can/will truly use them well enough.

Okay I've been playing for maybe a month so I don't know how things usually work with this game

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/175983-ui-typo-located-master-tier-module-slot/

But why the fuck hasn't this been fixed yet?!