Homebrew General

What the fuck happened, no one made a new thread edition.
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-New Luma update lads. Get it here: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v5.5
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for original 3DS only. For details see Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

>Vita
Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
twitter.com/qlutoo/status/737321651361173504
pastebin.com/R8qC4Z8W
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
twitter.com/qlutoo/status/738788548149706753
youtube.com/watch?v=NOAZPj10DtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uMFpTclC82g
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
twitter.com/qlutoo/status/738794770210947072
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=freaky forms deluxe&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=videogames&field-keywords=freaky forms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no /hbg/ in the title
One job, OP

Got my R4i SDHC RTS card today. Works like a charm with CIA forwarders. Thank you famicom who helped me here earlier this week!

IOSU when

So my 3ds is on 10.7. I know i need to downgrade and i have smashbrahs but is there any alternative to installing linux?

Install Gentoo.

Or buy Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time.

Sumimaseeeen

first for 11.0 primary exploit in 10 mins.

>no /hbg/
>no last thread
baka

My 2ds is on version 8.1.0
How do i get to version 9.2 ?

If only we had a step by step guide somewhere above us, watching Over People

11.0fags looking forward to some Kickass Homebrew momentarily?

I really want to play 999. Is there a way to play ds games without buying the actual games or using flashcart?

I've got a N3DS running 9.2.0-20U, I've downgraded it a few months ago, but was spooked about risking bricking it since i had no idea of where to go any further with CFW so it laid dormant. I'm looking to take another look at it now so I can pick a CFW for running 3DS romz and load homebrew like RetroArch. Where should I go from here?

Also, I'm looking to format my 3DS's SD card and load it with all the necessary files to get started but am not sure of what to delete. Here's the contents of it.

Just hacked it what games are worth my time?
Any battlenetwork like games?

I just installed a9lh. Do i need to do anything else to download games via QR codes?

Either, play it in the WiiU or using an emulator.

Youtube.

follow the guide from part 3: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)

unless you already set up an emunand+cfw, then follow the guide from part 4 (seeing your drive still says "Removable Disk G", i doubt you have an emunand, so start from part 3

don't skip a single step. it'll take about 2-3 hours so get ready, but it'll all be worth it

If I have Citizens of earth on 11.0 can I still use the exploit or had tendo forced a patch?

If you already installed the exploit, then sure.

citizens of earth's exploit is secondary, not primary: you'll need homebrew to install the hax if you haven't already installed it prior to updating. even if you got homebrew on 11.0, you can't actually downgrade without a hardmod.

consider getting a hax cart like cubic ninja, back up your saves, sell your 3ds, and hack a different one that isn't on 11.0

note that you might not actually be able to back up all your games (some shit about 9.5+ save crypto or whatever, i think) and you will most likely not be able to keep your friend code, either. after you've backed up all your saves, you should format the system before selling it so it logs you out of your NNID so you can use it on a different 3ds (attempting a system transfer would update the other 3ds...)

oh wait a second, no. back up your saves, hack another 3ds, do a system transfer from 11.0 OFW to hacked 11.0 CFW, then move your saves over and sell your former 3ds. again, though, you won't be able to back up all your saves nor friend code

So I have freeshop and I put the encTitleKeys.bin
into the freeshop folder but It still doesn't show anything.

A System Transfer sends over everything anyway, including NNID/Friend Codes. Back up your saves to be safe if you want, but a PC transfer should keep all your hacked games/saves regardless.

Is this real?
twitter.com/qlutoo/status/737321651361173504

Planning on buying a 2ds/3ds for this stuff. is there a list of what systems are on which patch out of the box?

>freeshop
found your problem

dang, thanks for the correction. yeah just hack another 3ds that isn't on 11.0, system transfer official firmware -> custom firmware and you should be able to copy your SD files over, sell your former 3ds and continue to use everything on the newly-purchased 3ds (i hate not being able to say o3ds/n3ds, lol)

What are the odds the cool new Monster Hunter 3DS isn't on 11.0 with no downgrades ever?

It's plutoo, so it should be. It could be any game with QR code though, but at least anything is better than CN.

Do note that this is just gonna make 10.6/10.7 easier to hack, and just give easier kickass to 11.0, so it's not THAT big of a deal.

Why would you not trust Plutoo?

Systems aren't being shipped with firmware higher than 10.3, so you should definitely get one at 10.5 or below, which you can hack for free. I got a new N3DS from amazon two weeks ago which came with 9.9

Yeah, you already tried to force this meme of yours last thread, if he decided to try it out there's nothing wrong with it

Anybody else have issues with theme shuffle on CHHM2 making the bgm not loop? I have the issue on two 3ds', both through the 2 .6 version installed as a cia and the 2.1 beta in homebrew launcher

Alright, i'm at step 1
>Copy both slot0x11key96.bin and slot0x25keyX.bin to the root of your SD card
But i don't see it in the files i'm supposed to download

Yes. If it's a free or widely available game then latefags will have hit the jackpot.

super n00b question here.

if i dump my cart, and then unpack that cia
and then download some dlc cias
could i unpack the dlc cias the same way and just like, merge the files and then pack it back into a single installable cia? or would that not work?

he already had problems with it last thread, and he is still having problems with it now. either he or freeshop is retarded.

no

We don't know but it's likely. It can be LITERALLY ANYTHING that uses QR codes. Place your bets.

Installing the game cia then the DLC cia would be easier.

to do a CFW on a n3ds, I only need a physical Ocarina of Time and read the guide?

>>Veeky Forumsemugen

i was hoping to do that just to make it a lot easier on my friend, because he's so new to the scene that he doesn't even know what a cia is. i don't have the patience for showing him a thousand guides, and since i can't actually show him in person how to do everything, it seemed like it'd be easier to just pack it all up.

shit, too bad. thanks.

oh, here: pastebin.com/R8qC4Z8W

(i guess that's not a very good first impression for the guide. i'll let plailect know)

thx senpai

Part 5, Section 1, step 20

Is it safe to go ahead and delete my emuNAND_formatted that the guide didn't tell me to delete yet, to put the emuNAND_original? My SD card can't fit everything as is. Guide doesn't mention it being used, but doesn't mention if anything uses it either

is your firmware on 10.5 or before? If so it can be done for free with browserhax

if you're on 10.6 or 10.7 you can use OoT, but you need some way of editing save games. You need either a 3ds which is already hacked or powersaves

you only need oot if you are on 10.6 or 10.7, and you will need a way to flash the hacked save onto it, either via an already-hacked 3ds or an action replay powersaves. 11.0 will require both OoT and a hardmod

anything below 10.6 you can attempt a downgrade using menuhax through the web browser. anything below 9.2 should do this github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

I had to do the same thing senpai. Just keep it saved on your computer in case.

wait a second. there could be a primary exploit released today. maybe ORAS? ask again in like a day, because you might be lucky

twitter.com/qlutoo/status/738788548149706753

fucking ninja'd, lol. can't wait to see what it is

So i can downgrade a 3Ds higher than 10.7?

(I have done that with 3 so far, one of them a 10.7, 10.6 and a 9.3 so what about higher? OoT still works?)

the only firmware higher than 10.7 is 11.0, and that requires a hardmod AND a hax cart.

OoThax still works on 11.0, but you can't downgrade without patching your NAND via hardmod

> Primary exploit
> Capable of running on 11.0
> Utilizes the Mii Maker's QR feature

>tfw cant do most of the exploits because i dont have oot, cubic ninja, smash and shit.

probably cant do this too because i only have mh4u and pokemon x.

pretty cool except remember that you can't downgrade 11.0 without a hardmod or a new kernel exploit

i can only really see this being useful to hardmodders or 10.6/7 users (who still
O N E S H OT
N
E
S
H
O
T

>wake up
>see smea beside you bricking your wii u

wat do?

Wait a few hours. Pluto's releasing a new form of Hax that works on 11.0

suck his dick and ask for public iosuhax

see

WHAT IS FREESHOP? IS IT LIKE FBI THAT can USE QR CODES TO INSTALL GAMES? OR WHAT

youtube.com/watch?v=NOAZPj10DtQ

God we're gonna be here all day linking that post for all the kinds of shitters who would update in the first place.

I installed RxTools like 3 months ago, and my emunand is on 10.5. should I be switching to Luma? What is the advantage?

please look forward to it in 5 hours

NEAT. I GOT SO EXCITED THAT I NEED TO SHIT REALLY BAD. THANKS

yes, less bulk, consider updating menuhax to a9lh too: youtube.com/watch?v=uMFpTclC82g

follow the guide from part 4: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

How do I update FBI? I'm on 2.2.1.

What's faster, cakes of Luma?

So why is a9lh+Sysnand CFW so safe? Can someone explain the whole Firm0/Firm1 protection shit?

u delete that shit and download a new one.

install devmenu.cia to be safe

then use devmenu to install the newer fbi.cia

faster in terms of booting? i don't really think it matters. luma's more noob-friendly though, and is highly recommended for non-developer users

cfws block all access to firm0/firm1 which is where a9lh resides. cfws like luma also generate their own firm0/firm1 so they don't need to rely on said nand partition. you can unbrick using the a9lh version of decrypt9, making it as useful as emunand

twitter.com/qlutoo/status/738794770210947072 freakyhax

Freakyforms is the new hax game, yo.

>follow the guide exactly
>downgrade emunand
>go to OTPhelper
>click one step
>step 1 + 2 FAILED - Missing TMD (1)
Kill me

Is it in the eshop??

thanks, I thought I needed ocarina of time or cubic ninja to do a CFW on any n3ds, but it's only for the newest fw

>fucking freaky forms
JUST

Freakyforms Delux is like $7 on Amazon. Cheaphax.

3/10

Should I use hourly luma builds or latest stable?

>Obscure game no one heard of that was shit

Every fucking time.

bought like 7 copies just now because i'm a total faggot

because usually the developers of those games are long gone and the company is dead so they can't attempt to put out a patch

also CHEAP

But I know that game

I'm pretty sure Nintendo insisted on selling it on the eShop when it was new, like having it being the first thing popping up when entering the eShop or something. And sending notifications about it.

fucking hell, there's no japanese version

oh well, cool anyway

get it while it's hot: ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=freaky forms deluxe&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=videogames&field-keywords=freaky forms

Also because shovelware companies aren't known for having good programmers. Or good anything, for that matter.

not even 10 minutes and all the cheap ones are gone

lol

> mfw JAP freakyhax is either untested or not working
> mfw it's 1,091¥

Where's the QR code? He didn't upload it, did he? Or am I just retarded?

I'm using reinand on my n3ds, firmware 10.7

How can I switch to a9lh?

>19$ eshop balance
JUST

>1. Get the latest version of freakyhax, and extract it to the root of your sdcard.

THE DOWNLOAD LINK DOESN'T EVEN GO ANYWHERE

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

If you're using a CFW on 10.7 you already have a9lh.

There'll be a port within days or even hours if you want to take the risk.

>then use devmenu to install the newer fbi.cia
Do I need to uninstall the old FBI first? As per plailect's guide, I got it on Health & Safety; can't seem to find it on DevMenu.

>Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, then get into the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of your choice
Shit...I recall using the web browser exploit for the homebrew channel, but I don't remember how to get back in.