/twg/ - Total War General

WE WILL BE AS KINGS Edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L5CLIfQv4hI
youtube.com/watch?v=hnpQrZARMwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A few threads ago was "Q&A on Friday edition"

Well its Friday. Where's my Q&A

Sigmar is weak.

>tfw no khrone berzerkers in fantasy

GRIMGOR A SHIT

I AM A LORD OF BRETONNIA

If I started an overhead vs. underhand hoplite spear debate right now, would anyone even give a shit?

I have to admit while I hate Chaos playstyle, Archaeon does look pretty awesome.

THE ELECTROCUNTS

Q&A when?
Results of Easter Egg finder when?

It's weird

Chaos are my favourite tabletop playstyle and yet I don't like them in tw

Interested to see how the fuck they do skaven on the campaign map given all the cowardice and backstabbing

Has anybody cataloged the various magic item drops in the game so far? I've been curious to see what CA added ever since I got Skabscrath of all things as a random drop during my VC playthrough.

What's wrong with chaos? The horde mechanics?

Rollan!

>beat chaos
>lose the will to continue playing more on that campaign

>UNTAINTED SHITS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What is even this funny bird's problem?

i like empi re do you like
empi re

Did the game leak yet?

I'm guessing you either don't like the Horde mechanics, or you just don't like how you need to constantly be sacking or you'll go bankrupt? Or perhaps the "horde infighting" thing?

Still the strongest 1vs1 lord there is.

Problably some combination of the fightiness mechanic from orcs with the offices from empire. Like generals want to be rewarded, but if you don't reward them enough they will betray you instead.

Horde mechanics aren't bad, but the campaign itself turns into a clusterfuck. The AI start sending ganksquads after you, and because of march stance they will basically never ever get caught.

For me, the chaos campaign highlights all the annoying things in TWWH.

Dem thighs tho

Leak? It has been officially released for more than a weak, user.

WEAK NORSCA SCUM, GET RUN DOWN

Hordes kinda lame but honestly they don't feel like chaos

The army is all about powerful but relatively low numbers infantry and it's not the case in the game, and because of the direct upgrades you don't really spend long with chaos warriors themselves who are the iconic unit of the army

Hell I don't think you could make them work in total war as larger infantry groups will always be at an advantage for being able to wrap around smaller units

>Still the strongest 1vs1 lord there is.
>he says while Soul Leech exists

>try Empire VH
>everybody automatically hates you regardless of how much you gimp your economy through gifts, helping them in wars or otherwise being a good guy trying to use diplomacy
>have to forge a Defensive alliance with Nordland for Karl's quest
>helped them in wars
>given them multiple gifts
>used agents against their enemies
>manage to get a 96 gold/turn trade treaty by giving them 6.000 gold just to improve relations
>-46 (Detereorating)
>-60 Great Power
>all I have is Reikland and that port castle to the west of Altdorf
>Vampires fuck me from the east
>Skaelings fuck me from the north
>Ostland fuck me from the northeast
>two shitty standing armies
>600 gold in the bank
>55 gold income/turn

>fuck this fucking goddamn Great Power bullshit
>download my first cheat mod (no great power penalty)
>Game turns fucking easy, everybody wants to sit on my dick
>confederate everybody
>hold the entire Empire of Man by turn 90
>500k in the bank, 50k income/turn with ten standing armies

Well that wasn't fun either. How do you balance your perfect challenge/fun, /twg/?

It's using Denuvo.
So no.

Oh shit.

Horde mechanics are annoying and mean you pretty much have to sink all your skill points into Chaos Tribes right off the bat, but at least Archaon gets a bonus to sacking. Infighting is the worst though.

It's turn 108... Archaon's here any minute now.

The whole world hates me, but the Empire was weak, feeble. If the living don't have the nerve or strength to push the forces of Chaos back, then by damn it'll have to be the forces of the dead.

I seriously hope they won't just do something boring like giving them massive public order problems.

Thank fuck it's done, starting with Sigvald was pure torture
he's still a cool guy though

its coming along quite nicely

HOWEVER, cant seem to edit banshees at all which is a shame as I was hoping to blend them with maidens.

other hiccups include similiar things with vampire girls and ghostly units in general do not enjoy unghostly things on them.

that said and done, its almost finito just gotta make the wight king the most baller then i'll upload it.

I remove all penalties from difficulty, like public order penalties and the bunch. I also got rid of great power because fuck that. You still have aversion penalty from different races.
All in all it makes the game much more fun.

The elector count of Nordland considers Marienburg to be his property, even though the people of that city have promised to put him to death if he ever enters the walls. His ass will always be pained while you hold it.

This.
We the elected cunts demands answers.

Send Grimgor versus Kholek 1 on 1 and see what happens.

I don't really like Horde mechanics. I like having settlements and building them up. Just miss having a 'normal' economy and having to, yeah, rely entirely on sacking for it.

Just something I've always enjoyed. Heck, I do kinda miss roads but that's just because I really like the whole building/upgrading thing.

But I get roads are kind of not a thing to consider in this game.

Yeah, you already get lots of public order issues on goblins if you keep expanding with waaghs

But that makes sense because greenskins are all about the strongest ruling so I just see them as challenges to my rule

You're doing god's work, user.

That looks fucking sexual, user

I hope you don't burn out making a complete faction roster

Also, can you edit the Bretonnian trebuchets to fire the Hellcannon's projectile? Like, fluff it to shooting the literal skulls of the damned at the enemy, Mordor-style. I don't know, but it feels like that'd be how the Vampire Counts would ever do artillery.

I really hope that generals often betray you and that playing Skaven means fighting Skaven 90% of the time

>fluff it to shooting the literal skulls of the damned at the enemy

Tomb Kangz already do that.

do you know somwhere i could read up on how to mod? it seems pretty cool and i have some ideas i would like to implement in the game.

I feel like infighting shouldn't be a problem. Each lord is on their own quest for the gods, with their own chosen warband, and they should have little to do with each other except in super climactic crescendos of ultraviolence.

But it doesn't really pan out like it really should because the inch-thick plate armor of chaos warriors is no harder in game than the millimeter and a half thick plate of greatswords, or the tit dress a vampire wears. If chaos really was as overpowered as it should be, they'd operate better in those outnumbered situations.

Biggest problem I see right now with Skaven, Wood elves etc. is that the map is too small right now. I really hope they will do map rework when expansion comes out but seeing some kind of underworld map for Skaven would be cool too, kinda like Age of Wonders style.

>The elector count of Nordland considers Marienburg to be his property, even though the people of that city have promised to put him to death if he ever enters the walls

How is it his property then?

It's a mechanic to make sure you don't double-tag every city and autoresolve.

And it works out in terms of lore too. Just look at Veeky Forums, we all have our own lives and goals, and we shitpost all day erry day.

Hey that's an idea. Bring back the loyalty rating for generals.

Mannfred's family isn't doing so well.

It would be extremely autistic

Why the fuck can't I trade with anyone as dwarves. It's not that they won't accept, it's not even an option. I have gems, iron, and gold , along with six settlements (two major), and I can only trade with the dwarves I've started off with.

>wonder where the bird faggot has gone
>look at the backline
>he's getting decimated by chosen great weapons
>send Kholek in there
>fucker stampedes in and sends him flying
>bird is ded

And here I thought he was going to be this big problem.

No direct land or sea trade route.

the damned have got to rise again sometime.

I might burn out but it will be the brightest flame.
as for modifying projectiles I really have no idea, I'll have a quick look though as thats a real neat idea

well I taught myself in like 3 hours BUT.

youtube.com/watch?v=L5CLIfQv4hI
thats closer to actual modding

youtube.com/watch?v=hnpQrZARMwM

thats closer to what I'm doing

and pic related is what happens when science goes too far.

You need a land or sea connection to these other people.

That's coming up really sweet

cheers buddy, do you know if its possible to create new abilities for units?

>quest battle
>allied reinforcements come
>they bumrush the enemy and prevent them from coming into your death zone
>enemy keeps hammering you with artillery instead of them

fucking humans

this battle now takes three times as long

also, holy fuck I'm just now trying out these trollhammer guys and they absolutely shat on the enemy lord on a wyvern or someshit, one salvo killed him from 75% health

Ay Gregor, I tell ya what. Talk to Tony, he's a guard captain, you can get job with some zambambonies on the wahll.

>Was getting on a boat part of your plan?

im starting to feel like germany in that war they had a while back

>tfw we will actually get to play as Chaos Dwarves since the models are already in the game

What if the types of undead you recruited were based on what province you are in? For example, recruiting skeletons and zombies in Bretonian lands were give Bretonian units like this user is making. Recruiting in Kislev would give undead versions of the eventual Kislev roster, and so on

They could be the same stat-wise, but it would look really cool.

How prominently is Tzeentch depicted?

My first chaos campaign I was struggling a lot because I was missing some of the early nuances of their campaign style, and I happened to be at Reikland when the Lord of Change spawned. So I jumped in the river and left, and the Empire killed him for me.

>those unit sizes

Well of course they did.

He's the only god in the game with a greater daemon right now.

I hate umgi's so god damn much

Halberd demigryphs or lance demigryphs?

>build one battering ram
>drop siege equipment the second deployment phase begins, send four chaos hounds to bite down the gates faster than the ram could batter it
>run everyone the fuck up and toss over a bunch of invisible ladders

Someone's gonna overhaul every siege mechanic, right? right?

DID OUR GUY GET HIS "PRIZE" FROM CA YET FOR THAT PANORAMA AND WHAT WAS IT?

I can't afford to sustain 2 stacks as chaos on v.hard but can't take anything with just 1 past the first 5-6 settlements because lolgiant stacks.

What do you do?

He got a video of Joey saying thanks

>619k gold

Nigga, what?

Imagine being a slayer and fucking dying in a fight against humans.

How is that not a Heroic victory?

From ranged combat, no less.

Whats the best way of farming levels for my generals? I'm considering raiding my own province just to spawn rebel stacks.

Manual battles.

You have the toughest infantry in the game, use them.

THATS NOT THE PRIZE YOU KEK HE WAS TOLD HE WOULD BE CONTACTED THE DAY AFTER SINCE THEIR OFFICE WAS CLOSED AND WHAT WAS HE TOLD THERE?

archaon spanks him all day erryday faget

inb4 storm of chaos

Not really a big deal in end game.

Is Black Coach gud or waste of unit space?

I feel like the latter.

There is no prize.

CA tracked his ip and turned him into a chaos spawn.

Maybe he was told to keep his mouth shut about the prize since he got caught reuploading the video since CA apparently watches these threads

>mfw giving slayers a shitty death.

rull

>the invasion of the Empire has begun
>have to deal with Thomas the Rape Engine every single fucking time

I want this ride to end, right now.

Normal endgame economy

Because the power balance was like 90-10 for me. Most of them died before they even reached my line since I aimed the cannons myself. 169 kills with 11 gyrobombs once the massed at a big blob.

This literally is faster than a battering ram, and less casualties suffered.

I think auto-resolve odds determine that, not numbers. His units are mid and endgame, enemy is mostly starting unit fodder. That's not enough for heroic.

Are there any /twg/ approved unit mods?

Great weapons warriors seemed to die like paper.

Is it just a case of making a big line, wrapping round and hoping they die before their archers ruin your moral?

why does my game look so... unfocused? How do I make it clearer?

>/twg/ is the reason Trish and Will resigned

HOL UP

SO YOU IS SAYIN???

It looks like it's running at lower than native resolution with antialiasing applied.

Have I missed anything?

Also,
>since CA apparently watches these threads
Tell Joey she has nice tits.