/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 3rd:
1839 – In Humen, China, Lin Tse-hsü destroys 1.2 million kg of opium confiscated from British merchants, providing Britain with a casus belli to open hostilities, resulting in the First Opium War.
1861 – American Civil War: Battle of Philippi (also called the Philippi Races) – Union forces rout Confederate troops in Barbour County, Virginia, now West Virginia, in first land battle of the War.
1940 – World War II: The Luftwaffe bombs Paris.
1940 – World War II: The Battle of Dunkirk ends with a German victory and with Allied forces in full retreat.

>News
EU4 DD02/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-2nd-of-june-2016.940420/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
pastebin.com/tsPsr70u
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t
pastebin.com/33A7wX
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
youtube.com/watch?v=JRkkqv6B7I8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

>le speedy poster

fuck you

hi, how are you doing?

New ck2 dlc when

white genocide when

Reminder that Daniel is the Official and cutest streamer of /gsg/

t. Alexandra Grandini

reminder that HoI4 is better than 3 in all aspects

This

It's missing a reminder about the 6 gazillion

>This is a picture of a Haitian man
>this is the flag of Haiti

"Make Donald Drumpf Again"

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on HoI IV judging from the gameplay videos and stuff. I really liked Darkest Hour but hated HoI3

Nock

Is that guy doing pushups?

It's not a Haitian man, that guy rules over literally every American country down of Mexico

What's the flag above USA's?

This is my favorite /gsg/ poster.

what?

>>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>>[V2] - unHPM v1.3.1
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - 7 Years v0.3
pastebin.com/tsPsr70u

>>[V2] - Robmod v2.5
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - Visegradmod v3.2
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t

>> Updated Waggler Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wX

the waggle pastebin link is wrong my friend

see for yourself

Thanks Cobra

Thanks Cobra.

Tell us, what is the official position of the steamgrouppe on the HoI4 issue?

thanks rob

>>[V2] - 7 Years v0.4*
pastebin.com/tsPsr70u

Thanks lad.

>> Updated Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

6th in rank probably means that the heavy lifters of the industrial world: UK, USA, Germany and France are eating the resources. They are also the main produces so.
Do remember that spheres also contribute, not only the GPs. Every country in the UK sphere share the same market as them and consequentially the same "rank" when buying stuff.

Late game when China and the chinese minors come into play it gets worse. Don't worry though,a few places are turning in iron and coal for late game in the next update, so that might do it.
There's no guarantee though. These GPs and their spheres can still dry the resources before the quantity you need reaches you.

Yeah, that was a problem in Southern Italy too. The Italians don't keep numbers and data as well as the British though, so it might be harder to do that.

Still need to finish V2, it's not even out yet and considering they will change a lot between release and the DLCs I will probably not touch it in a long while.

>v0.4*
Fuck off.

HOI4 literally declared total shit by the god emperor of /gsg/, HPM

That pretty much ensures that HOI 4 WILL NOT BE ALLOWED HERE

pic related is actually what he looks like
this is just paracucks being lazy bastards desu, literally every south american country has that picture as their leader
atleast in HOI3 they had an actual picture of them or a question mark instead of some generic shit

make strategy grand again

el salvador

>democratic
>no elections

Britain looks a little dull, how about draw a guy waving

Not Cobra, but a close confident. I can say that he has stated numerous times that Hearts of Iron IV will be shit, and he plans on making it a day one pirate.

so is HPM going to change the requirement to build and upgrade factories from iron to steel or just fuck around with RGOs?

hoi4 leak when

yes

has hearts of iron 4 been leaked yet with a torrent? I want to play

why is the tsar infront of a soviet flag

2 days 21 hours

Post /gsg/ related events that make you cry

Some factories already use steel to be built but considering even railroads use steel it kinda makes sense that most factories should too.

Currently I'm messing only with pop needs and RGOs. Once I get that in good shape I will move on to dealing with factories.

That happens to the sprites in Hoi4?

Magyar shits btfo

youtube.com/watch?v=JRkkqv6B7I8

what is the problem with this again?

this looks like a much better alternative to HQ painting and pressing AI button

they are not lazy. they have already told that they will release dlcs focusing on improving and giving flavor to smaller countries.

they are just being jews, because they have the monopoly and know they can get away with it.

>HoI4 has no espionnage
They're not even hiding it anymore.

yes when they train

the most commonly build factories (liquor, textile, furniture, clothing, etc) require raw iron to build, which doesn't make any sense

yes pls buy

>buhuhu why didn't hungary keep lands that were 99% non-hungarian

fuck off horsefucker

what's wrong with this
why does it say Vladivostok in the map, but if I click on it it's name is different?

It's not like they own all the grand strategy reserves in the world though. Any other company is free to come along and release a better grand strategy game, with no jewry.

Based Daniel erradicating half of his army for a bullshit reason

drawing a line gives you a 50% bonus that the ai does not have. you can win every single war in the game as long as you do not do blatantly stupid stuff.

this looks interesting

where can i get this in english

well if they only required concrete and machine parts that would be realistic and that's not the goal of his mod retard

Distant worlds is a better game than pmuch every paracucks game except for MODDED victoria 2, and MODDED hearts of iron 2.

>raw iron
>realistic
wew

This

yes but no one has released one yet

fair enough
first thing to be modded

What would the world look like if willy didn't abdicate?

not even German

and they will end up like the creators of distant worlds, creating a very expensive game with a small fanbase, getting small to no profit at all and having a popular company like paradox copy their game (stellaris), dumb it down, release it and becoming millionaires.

who cares?
espionnage has always been shit in hoi

Where can I get EU4 mods for 1.7 if I can't be arsed to buy the game?

pirate the latest version

What?
I already own Distant worlds.

i just got here from /v/ how do i install hoi4?

please no ignore

wrong person

ur mum desu

>what's Veeky Forums's opinion
>Veeky Forums

You have to go back.

ask for the torrent

>buying games instead of torrenting

The AI is a horrible mess and border gore is rampant every game, don't buy.

t.guy who has never done coups or stolen technology.

it doesn't matter how good distant worlds is, game looks like ass. So any random purchaser looks at it, thinks it looks like ass, and moves on.

liquor ----- stills (iron, steel or copper)
textile ---- textile machines ( Should this be machine parts?)
furniture ------ tools( but shouldn't this be machine parts)
clothing ----- ?????? You got me
Remember in Vicky terms iron doesn't only mean iron. Its a catch all for metal ores.
Sulphur, for example, is a catch all for chemicals as well.

t. /r/the_donald pro

Wasn't even aware that this is a trump quote, to be honest.

fuck off trump chump

What does training do?

>caring about graphics in a strategy game

Who cares Veeky Forums, /gsg/, anyone in this thread

>Daniel's blobbing as the """""""""""""""Neo-Ottoman Empire"""""""""""""""""""""
>isn't even blobbing into historical borders. Decided to skip saudi arabia and go to Persia, Afghanistan and even further into Asia afterwards

This game triggers my historical autism so fucking much guys. Modders need to fix the Fascist CB so you can't declare war every fucking month.

>caring about other people's opinion
respectfully disagree.

FUCK OFF TRUMP CHUMP

GO THE FUCK BACK TO /POL/ YOU FUCKING BIGOTED PIECE OF SHIT GARBAGE LIKE YOU DOESN'T BELONG HERE

>Slovakia and Transylvania were 1/3 Hungarian
>hehe le pure ethnic slav and gypsy areas am i rite xD
Go back shitting on the street Radu

The only thing that makes sense in there is the stills for liquor, which should require steel or some other processed metal (which is what steel represents). Iron, however, in this context, is used for some reason as the building material for the structure of the factory, which is why it's the same amount required as cement. Why Paradox decided to make some factories require raw minerals mined out of the ground for their building structure rather than actual processed metals used for construction I'll never know.

>implying he's not going for turan
its more historically accurate, turanism was more popular among turks after WW1 than reclaiming the ottoman empire

hoi4 torrent please

and you have to spend a lot of resorses to be able to steal a technology with negligible probability