/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

Can't land on the Sol IIIa, just like in real life edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Unofficial Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

>Can't land on the Sol IIIa, just like in real life edition
FUCKING RUSSIANS LEAVE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

should i buy stellaris? i moderately enjoyed civ 5.

Pirate it, play a bit and make the decision then.

You should pirate it.
And then if you like it/think they should have money so they keep making stuff you should buy it.
It's the moral thing to do.

Dont listen to the shill here
Just pirate it because there's an infinite supply of an electronic good, so any price is unjustifiable due to the laws of economics
all the money goes to the publisher too because the developers are wage slaves that earn a salary no matter what

Pirate it.
Its immoral to Support Swedes.

Crow crow, flight the shower

Fuck off gommie

>I support the enslavement of the proletariat and lie to them about achievements that never happened

topkek

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
THE PLEBES DESERVE TO BE LIED TO
THAT'S WHY THEY'RE PLEBES
FUCKING COMMIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Stellaris is so fucking boring.
Every other strategy game was funnier, except latest C&C.

Keep the good fight comrade.

STOP
USING
JUMPDRIVES

What do you guys think of Civilization 6? Should I preorder it?

I moderately enjoyed Civ 5 but the next one looks promising. The map is way cleaner, easier to read and a lot less "windowish" if you know what I mean. I think it will look great on my new Mac.

isnt there an anomaly which gives empire ship speed bonus?

this time I haven't found it yet... can anyone give me info where I could find that anomaly?

the look of it triggered me. dont preorder any game, just wait for its release. why gamble your money on a possible shit game.

You forgot to tip your fedora, my euphoric friend.

Is there any way to stop space niggers to spawn at the edges of a system? getting realy fucking tired of losing ships early to bullshit rng

"early exploration" MY ASS

Will you not let the scourge settle in your galaxy?

Why are you so full of hate? Embrace our bug brethren.
#PrethorynLivesMatter

Early Access/Beta Releases mean you should only preorder a game you know you'll get your money's worth from even in its current state
Always inform yourself and don't just regurgitate the opinion of a person on the fucking internet

What are you even complaining about

>Civ 6
>Preorder
>Mac

You're a lost cause

im your opinion whats going to be the most game changing DLC Paracucks release?

Space Mongols.

>buying games

>being poor

Why is Venerable the best trait?

>being a para-cuck
Everyone knows you dont buy dlc.

that every 2nd sector has space crytals or mining shit right where my ships are jumping in, so they instaly attak and destroy it.

>being a wageslave fiscally irresponsible cucklord

I honestly prefer Enduring+Quick Learner over Venerable.

You just buy it at one of the many 75% off sales every year.

suggestions? the taiidan pale in comparison to the kushan backstory so i'm shooting from the hip here.

Git gud

working sector AI

>Should I preorder it?
Why would you even ask such a question?
No never preorder anything.
It is the dumbest thing you could possibly do.

Preferably you should pirate it before you decide if you should send money their way.
If not that look up reviews and listen to what people say about the game.
AFTER THE GAME IS OUT.

B-but gene modding

>poor
>implying I'm not retired on your dollar
Enjoy your weekend, wageslave.

>Implying the Taiidan aren't the exiles and the Kushan aren't the evil empire.

Either way, neither of them have much of a backstory.

>suggestions?
port the ships

Which one should i choose then guys?

If I leave him alone he might at least save lives in the long run by stopping them from killing each other. But could do anything else on the crazy scale.

If I take him, they might just go crazy without him, abandoned by god.

>unbidden appear
>get their ass wrecked by the AI
>YAK YAK YAK appear
>machine rebellion start
Is there a mod to make crisis more dangerous ?

wheres a good guide or introduction to Stellaris? thinking aboue buying it now. Normal edition or the 50$ one with the additional race?

I would her liberate me, if you know what I mean.

What do you think of autodesign ships? I gave up on updating manually all the models, but it seems to make weird choices if left to its own devices.

>implying i didnt pirate stellaris myself
>implying i didnt say that to get a reaction out of a ded thread

Sadly not.
>slowed pop growth so planet will hardly get full in 100 years
>slashed amount of habitable planets by 5
times
>still when Scourge arrive just wipe them few battleships and dozens of cruisers.

im picking up what youre putting down.

Ok what the fuck every Prethoryn fleet is just hanging around at the edge of their border systems not responding to anything. I wanted them to purge the galaxy for me and they can't even go after fleets that are fucking their syste,s

Well played, user.

Don't bother, just put point defense on corvettes and a lance on everything that can use one.
Also if you get the technology dump shields/armor and stack up hull.

One day we'll finally create the utopia where taxes keep the money flowing via autismbucks and no one works
Its within our grasp but cuckwagecuckslavecucks just dont understand no one hasto work anymore

>stop jump
>no hightech
>muh spess pullution
smelly spess leftist detected

I AM GOING TO BUILD A GREAT SHEILD, AND MAKE THE UNBIDDEN PAY FOR IT

rebels get void clouds?

Unbidden vs Machine Consciousness
who wins
Prethoryn would lose to both to there's no need to discuss them

I'm actually a capitalist, exploiting the flawed welfare model is simply the best method I can think of for both securing my own comfortable livelihood while also incentivizing its correction.

Why pay money into a broken system when I can join the party that gains money from it?

known bug

The best intro is ;pirating it and playing for a few hours to make sure you like it. It's almost deliberately designed to be fun for exactly one hour longer than the steam return policy, then you hit the soft, slow middle game.
It's most like Distant Worlds of any other games , with bits borrowed from GalCiv and Moo, if you ever played any of those.

Too bad I don't actually have PD tech now.

After recent patch it still works?

We would already be a post-scarcity society if NEETfags didn't keep leaching off the economy.

Do not fear the FBI warning friendo.
t. man in a van outside your house

The ones who keep us from reaching post-scarcity are not the NEETs, user.

Quite the opposite.

I have no issue with that, it's better, too because the more people abuse it, the more likely the bug is to get patched

This is why West will fall.
The current system of welfare works only if minuscule population abuse and there is actual chance to betterment your position if you work.
Guess what.
Too much abuse and low paying jobs are shitty and offer no betterment over welfare.
Why work for x 40 hours a week when you get x for free and can spend all this time shitposting or playing games?

>dae le Jews XD
The Jews would be the first on the boat to manufacture infinite shekels and precious metals out of nothing, user.

I removed him for interfering.

He now lives out the rest of his existence in a Cuck Sphere.

Is it just me or is the trait weak really good?

Army damage doesn't matter for shit when you can produce armies from other species. Even before conquering anyone you can make robot armies

Its not exactly about shekels but control and power.

Yeah it's a really good negative trait.
I mean even if you have it yourself and no aliens.
You can just mod Strong on 1 planet and then train your armies there.
Maybe a mining planet even and it's less of a waste.

I think robot armies take your weak trait into account though.

>Is it just me
no
>is the trait weak really good?
yes

>t. infoil
Relative control and power is surpassed by infinite prosperity.

The arms dealers win, as always.

>not letting him play god to primitive xenos
wew lad.

Friendly reminder that armies still don't take any penalties in not-native terrain.

I checked on my other game and found that it is called "Enhanced Ship Speed"

how do I get it?

Would be nice.

Also if modifiers mattered in the same way.

So fighting on a Bleak world you get a morale penalty for troops who aren't used to it or something.

I want to train my troops on death worlds.

because this

Help, I'm bored with my galactic republic playthrough, I want to try playing a dictatorship type empire that purges xeno filth (except for a few chosen vassal races)

What do

(ethics, gov type, traits etc)

FUCKING
RED
DOTTED
M8

That is not how it work.
If everyone is wealthy and pretty nobody is.Also
>infinite prosperity
>plus control and power over others
beat only
>infinite prosperity

Fuck off you cheeki breeki CUNT

>If everyone is wealthy and pretty nobody is
>this meme again

>infinite prosperity
>plus control and power over others
There's literally no reason to care about controlling the plebes when you have the universe at your fingertips, you absolute retard.

Ground combat is generally underwhelming.
An arid fortress world with unstable weather modifier, clone vats, shield generators and fuck knows what else inhabited by a bunch of fanatically militarist space Texans should take literally decades for an ocean species to subjugate and claim tens or hundreds of millions of casualties in the process. And that's after shooting down the initial three invasion waves with hidden anti-orbital weapons.

>giving shekels to the eternal swede

Sardaukar legions ready to strike.

>Not Extremely Adaptive to colonize every single world

>If everyone is wealthy and pretty nobody is.
fookin leftists can you people understand anything outside of envy and greed?

>Atomic civ bombs themselves back into late medieval and into a tomb world
>Remaining population doesn't get tomb world preference

Wot?

I would make you the leader of a gulag desu keep up the good fight mate.

Anyone?

You thing you'll get superpowers when the nukes hit, m8?

I already did that aside from that the shield was a cluster of fortresses with tachyon lances and the fucking unbidden didn't pay for it, the hardworking citizens of my empire payed for it.

Whatever happened to the white mod? Did they ever put it back up?

>allowing cultural contamination

Yeah its back up.

You are really angry for no reason. Why do you calling me names?
Human is a social animal and everything is relative. Even if you give everyone the same and infinite amount of wealth people would not change that much. If material goods will not matter people will find something else do want. There still be popular ones and outcasts. Unless you suggest that everyone will shut himself from the world and other people.
I could tell you that you are wrong and power over people plus material wealth beat petty much material richness. Many soviets Elites who switch to west at first where delighted when they get what they dream off. their own big luxury house, car, access to luxury goods and food. Then they find that everyone get it too and they are nothing special.
And people want to be special. Sure wealth that let you have easy life is nice but how people who will born into wealth even understood how good they have?
For them infinity prosperity will be normal and boring. How can you be special one if everyone have infinite prosperity, there is no poor, ugly or stupid ones?

>not weak