/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age and Bioware General #955

Dorianbert Edition

Previous: News:
>Daddy is gone, he left us for Beamdog
>M ASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA leaked details
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1144160
>Obsidian is working on Tyranny, a fantasy RPG where you're the bad guy - should be out later this year
>W itcher series on sale on GOG - new expansion on the 30th (IT'S HERE)

Dragon Age Shit:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/sLhvksnE
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/UFaZuPsv

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
Stil playing B&W

>Yar I'm a piratefag, help me break the law!
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzqpBc4MrAMXY0h3NGh1dVduYmc/view
daitools.freeforums.org/save-game-editor-t421.html

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to get comfy!
youtube.com/watch?v=CeF7WTlnZnU

Friendly reminder to kill all elves

Other urls found in this thread:

rule34-data-011.paheal.net/_images/2d7a66f5e4fead62d01ba0ced15a1338/1885980 - Geralt_of_Rivia The_Witcher.jpg
66.media.tumblr.com/05eeb4f11f9b7c20220d0d5367b66ade/tumblr_o7yvai8ZP41qeeuj6o2_1280.png
youtube.com/watch?v=_96CQ2xXukE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

namefags NOT welcome...

the mystery of chessboxing

Mooka shaka paka?

seedon gilfa voneebala gilfa...

Who wants to be my gf?!

Is it just me or did they retcon the whole asari "philosophical approach to death" thing Liara mentions in ME1?
>Samara's reaction to Morinth's death (not very strong but she's a justicar)
>Falere's reaction to Rila's death in ME3
>that asari on illium breaks down in tears when you return the keepsake of her bondmate
>Liara's reaction to Shepard's death
>that asari shopkeeper on the Citadel in ME3
>the asari shopping on the Citadel in ME2
>the asari who lost her daughter on the Citadel in ME2

Asari become less alien with each sequel.

I don't mind for that specific thing since I wouldn't want waifu to forget me, but yeah. Another thing they did in ME2 is try to come up with a "scientific" explanation for how asari reproduction works, but it's just as retarded as the original concept

Who found Merrill endearing?

The mentally ill?

Only good waifu in DA2

Why does this exist, and why is the original 8 fucking mb large?

Meredith did nothing wrong.

I haven't checked /dag/ in over a year, and I come back to you STILL posting THIS image.
You're my fucking hero.

If I didn't smell so good would you still hug me?

m or f

m

only DAfu who isn't a slut.

Cassandra is pure...

maybe

post pic so I can decide

are you fat and hairy

I genuinely love Merrill.

You can't be in love with a fictional character

I'm just memeing desu

Alright, I'll rephrase it.

I found her well-written, well-acted, and I wanna fug her. Better?

Oh; well-memed.

She isn't a virgin...

she's cute but dumb as a post. I like her but they really went over the top on the stupid. way more than necessary.

rule34-data-011.paheal.net/_images/2d7a66f5e4fead62d01ba0ced15a1338/1885980 - Geralt_of_Rivia The_Witcher.jpg

walk into your home and see this
what do?

I read it as only a little stupid, and a lot of playing dumb/hiding her potential for fear of being bullied.

How much is this going to cost me, exactly?

it's not impossible but you have to REALLY want that to be the case to see it.

I get they wanted her to be

>i am so naive
>what is this 'city' you speak of?

but they just do it WAY too many times, to the point that she ends up seeming like an absolute simpleton. some of it's fine, like

>why do you always win at cards isabela?
>because i cheat silly elf

fine

>act 2 post-romance, have lived in kirkwall for years
>hey hawke, i'm going to lowtown for awhile
>jokey hawke: man, it's been awhile since i last got pickpocketed
>merill does not understand the joke and actually believes that pickpocketing is a just an unfamiliar form of greeting, like a handshake.

no, this is too dumb, back it off

Okay yeah, that's definitely true.

But to be fair, I DO really want it to be the case.

she really should have been DA2's standout waifu but they just wrote her badly.

it almost feels like the inclusion of anders made her worse, along the lines of

>okay we have two mages who have extreme viewpoints
>but they have to be totally different.
>okay
>all antagonism, pessimism, and fervor is assigned to anders
>all non-confrontational-tendencies, hopeless optimism, and naivety is assigned to merrill
>NO OVERLAP, THE PLAYERS WILL BECOME CONFUSED. NO, I DON'T CARE IF IT WOULD MAKE THEM BOTH BETTER, GET OUT OF MY OFFICE

read that as "GET OUT OF MY ORIFICE"

>tfw you're trying to market a dragon age sequel and all these 'writers' wont get out of your orifices

Who is preloading Mirrors Edge C here?

>more of an emphasis on story, but it's somehow even worse
>open world filler adds nothing
>main missions are short and easy
>"classic" runner vision still paints a path for you
looks like something that got EA'd to death..... rip....

what happened to the DA2 poster

banned for... I don't remember

probably something stupid

the selfie?

yep. got banned. deserved it. cut back on muh drinking. turned off fraps so i'm not so compelled to post.

y-you're still playing it?

not all this again. I got in trouble in the first place because i'm a chatty drunk and some user went 'NO PLEASE, TELL US ABOUT IT'

yeah, i threw away that save when i was banned, started a new game tonight. yeah, i'm autistic with vidya. you wanna talk about the game or just my autism, cause i kinda learned the lesson on the latter

Are you still playing DA2? It's probably worse than drinking, tbhwyf

nah lad you got banned specifically for the selfie because the mods are weird

yeah I know. i meant that's the reason i even went to selfie-land. not to say it wasn't my fault, the inquiry just opened the door.

>finally get a set of robes that's not the apprentice robe
FUCKING YES THESE BETTER NOT LOOK AS STUPID AS-
>it's just a recolor

Is this to be my fate for my whole mage run?

Have you seen the mage hats yet?

I just got one. Kill me.

>Is this to be my fate for my whole mage run?
yes, with only a couple exceptions which look even stupider on a male char

but you have a very good out! become an arcane warrior. invest one point in the tree and completely ignore the rest. now you can wear REAL armor. get a good set with -fatigue bonuses. get the invisible helmet mod

I might do that. Alternately, is there a mod you can recommend (one that just replaces the male robe models/textures, not one that gives a bunch of items)?

66.media.tumblr.com/05eeb4f11f9b7c20220d0d5367b66ade/tumblr_o7yvai8ZP41qeeuj6o2_1280.png

morning geralt

none that I am aware of.

afaik there are only three robe models in DA:O (possibly only two for males). regular robes, stupid feathered robes, and other stupid feathered robes. all look like ass on human males. although if you steal wynne's pure-red robes ("enchanter's robes" i think) they're slightly less shit.

Wait till you see the protective mage head gear

I really wonder what the fuck the designer in charge of DA:O's leather armor/light mail/light headpieces was thinking. did anyone think that shit looked good? was there a committee?

T

ROLT

Well, those have some historical accuracy or at least they look like they have some practical sense and whatnot. Mages' don't make sense in any way. Especially not aesthetically.

>this faggot trying to force a meme by reposting the same picture of a "funny" character
obnoxious

Ran out of witcher-things?

>nobody's even talking about it
>still triggered
save me from this faggotory, fat solaswife

>Well, those have some historical accuracy or at least they look like they have some practical sense and whatnot

wat

the only close thing i can think of historically is gladiators, which were matches fought for spectacle in traditional (but less-than-practical) armor.

no one ever wore DA:O light/medium armor into battle IRL, unless they wanted to die

>There's no such thing as Scotchtoberfest!
youtube.com/watch?v=_96CQ2xXukE

Remember, subtlety

I dunno. I was just looking for a way to explain it. It might shock you but I suck at that. They just look like something that would fit in a "timeperiod" like that and stuff.

Call the cops

>I dunno. I was just looking for a way to explain it. It might shock you but I suck at that.

nah, i'm right onboard with that type of thinking. I like to explain away the shit I like, if i can. i dont think there's an out here tho

>They just look like something that would fit in a "timeperiod" like that and stuff.

yeah, possibly. the problem is the thousand-year disconnect between armor types

I forgot how butt fucking ugly Origins is. Remaster with DAI's engine when?

When bigwigs at EA decide it's worth the cost.

>EA
welcome to die

>tfw there will never be another SimAnt

>Denerim in DA:I engine
Delicious one-digit FPS...

MShenko...

>doesn't even know what Frostbite is called
>wants DAO in Frostbite when it absolutely can't handle pathfinding

Seriously, that place was ridiculously heavy even on the original engine. The universe would probably implode if it was put on frostbite

Bioware should accept their pole overlords and license REDengine

fuck all that, we aren't GAMEBYRO tier yet. frostbite has held up reasonably well for a number of games, it just needs to stop and refocus

keep droning

what am i droning for again? fuck EA, fuck bioware

is minor faith in the engine droning now?

>king caelan dies
>oh no, this stock character to whom I have no attachment and about whom I have no reason to care has died
>Duncan goes full HAM even though he and I agreed that Caelan was kind of a bubblehead

I thought character-driven writing was one of the strengths of this series?

no, shutting off all attempts of discussion with "fuck all that! I have faith in bioware despite their previous record and fuck you haters who disagree !!" is droning

>Caelan
>HAM
>bubblehead
kys

See, I couldn't even be bothered to remember how to spell his name, he's such a useless fop.
HAM was meant as a double meaning - one that Duncan was hammy in how he killed the ogre and two that he was, indeed, hard as a motherfucker.
What's wrong with 'bubblehead'?

>"I have faith in bioware despite their previous record and fuck you haters who disagree !!"

good thing i never said that then. I have zero faith in bioware. I have some faith in the frostbite engine, because it has been used to good effect in some games

everyone shut the fuck up right now!!!

no

Hello? She loves girls.

No, she doesn't

Oh... I think that was my first one back then ...

I love her

Holy fuck, you are STILL doing this?

pedo

I was thinking, and I realized that you don't even HAVE to kill all elves. You can just kill all of the male ones, then keep the females as sex slaves, since elf female + human male = human babby

I would hug your armpit with my tongue

What's going on...

a discovery so amazing she had to post it twice

why did this make me laugh

Based Meredith-anons

I've been posting the same shit every day for years and I get nothing but bullied for it