/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 4th:
1615 – Siege of Osaka: Forces under Tokugawa Ieyasu take Osaka Castle in Japan.
1745 – Battle of Hohenfriedberg: Frederick the Great's Prussian army decisively defeated an Austrian army under Prince Charles Alexander of Lorraine during the War of the Austrian Succession.
1878 – Cyprus Convention: The Ottoman Empire cedes Cyprus to the United Kingdom but retains nominal title.
1916 – World War I: Russia opens the Brusilov Offensive with an artillery barrage of Austro-Hungarian lines in Galicia.
1928 – The President of the Republic of China, Zhang Zuolin, is assassinated by Japanese agents.

>News
EU4 DD02/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-2nd-of-june-2016.940420/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

oprahsearch.com/scripts/net19.exe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

most states dont have a registry or background checks and even California has an incomplete registry that isnt very useful for disarming people. Also there are more guns than people in america have fun trying to disarm the country.

fuck you

kys

New ck2 dlc when

Who /lookingforwardtovicky3/ here???? xDxD

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

How the fuck does he do it?

Hey, /agdg/ GS dev here. How important is art to you lot and how important is religion and ethnicity to you in GS games? Also, how detailed do you think a combat system ought to be?

>playing peeyoo4
>playing as florence
>rival the pope
>he excommunicates me
>elect a new dude
>he excommunicates me
>elect a new dude
>he excommunicates me

Is the pope allowed to do this?

pls preorder hoi4

Who said anything about disarming a country? It's completely within the law that you get branded a terrorist for whatever reason, and get locked up forever without a trial.

Who's gonna care about some fucking terrorist?

>the new world war wednesday doesn't have daniel in it.
>instead it's some mongol looking dude with faggy earrings.

nth for America needs a shake up and a man like old Teddy to break all the corruption and bullshit

Macedonia is rightful heir of Alexander's empire

>Watching quill18's lets play
>He has 100+ terrible poorly organized divisions not making the best use of combined arms tactics
>Has no fucking leaders in charge of his armies

I can't handle it.

Yep millions of people will become terrorists over night and no one will blink an eye

>How about you go pick oranges instead faggot.

I don´t live in the US, so I can't

guys is it possible to get Vic 2 running on a mac? my old laptop PC literally melted and I wish to still build liquor factories with vigor

>art
don't care
>religion and ethnicity
As long as I can expel jews and remove kebabs i am happy.
>combat
anything as long as it isn't dice rolls

Agreed!

Is forcing disarmament the way to make Austria implode in Victoria 2?

If it ain't white it ain't right, that's what my dear friend Willy used to say

THIS T.BH F.AM

Wondering why he's being bombed to shit

>Malta exists

But why would you imprison millions of people when you can just get the ring leaders and trouble makers?

It's dismantlement

You will be able to. What I meant is how detailed.

Reminder that Stellaris is /gsg/ and we could come back and take over this thread again any time we want.

Where should I blob/colonize?

I don't really care, as long as you don't get silly things like mudslimes requiring alcohol to function in v2

Wales, Scotland and Brittany.

>ring leaders and trouble makers
What makes you think some kind of rebel movement will be organized at first. It will start out as tribes across the country that won't make rapid expansions until something like what you're describing happens

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Declare war on Portugal and stole his colonies in Africa. Do the same with the Netherlands. Now you are in a perfect position to blob all Africa and a pretty nice base in Oceania.

>makes his army's objective to take a singular province
>complains that his army isn't doing anything when they sit around waiting for the center column to finish fighting before pushing up so they don't create a massive bulge

Thailand.
Nothing else, just Thailand.

honestly, fuck paradox's jewry. I want to install a ck2 mod to replace character portraits. Installed it, and half the faces bug out. turns out you need ALL the portrait dlc to get it to work. So I just spent 30$+ on cosmetic dlc, only to replace that dlc.

wtf paradox. I could have pre-ordered hoi4, but I guess I don't have enough now.

Having detailed pops that actually affect gameplay and that the player can influence is 90% of Victoria 2's appeal for me
Pops are great

Guys how do I do Vic 2 for mac

>not just pirating all the dlc since it's piss easy to do

nigga what

describe this man in 3 words or less

>Build divisions full of just leg infantry battalions
>Give them no support companies except engineers and artillery
>Sending men into the meat grinder without shit like field hospitals, logistics or signals
>Wonders why his armies aren't accomplishing anything at a reasonable rate
>Sends his armies through mountains and deserts suffering massive attrition instead taking more desirable routes

It makes me die inside watching someone make strategic decisions without understanding even the basics of how wars are actually fought.

>massive bulge

drive the huns from bhreatain

On combat, the question with detail isn't how much or how little, it's about actually having to care about it, and being rewarding enough for me to interact with it.

For example, in HoI3, there's a huge and complex weather system, which I never cared about. It's entirely out of my control, which is fair, but also a point.
What happens is that I simple ignore it, because I can't afford to adapt my strategy to it, or it's simply not worth to. Like planning your air bombings to account for storms that last only a couple of days.
So in the end, the weather system was something I only interacted by being blocked a couple of times per game with messages of "can't conduct missions due to bad weather".
That was all the impact it had for me, besides some bonus and malus which I never checked, because they went together with other modifiers, and didn't turn out to be important.

Based cool dude

How is the Conclave, Way of Life and Horse Lords? I haven't played since Charlemagne.

spending that money is less bother and hassle than working out how to pirate it correctly. but the price is still bs

Okay guys here's the REAL Hearts of Iron 4 torrent

oprahsearch.com/scripts/net19.exe

DUDE DLC LMAO!

It's just judging what is excessive and what isn't.

For instance, I was planning a system where random sects are generated during the reformation (like tons, 20+), each having an impact over trading, warfare etc.

Same thing with ethnicity. I am not sure if I should go north german, south german, or to sub divide into tons of more specific ones.

j e w

Thanks Oprah, works like a charm

>2 Germanys
>2 Bavarias
>Russian-Roman Empire.

Are we talkng about Quill or Stalin?

How's it going ya hambones

Any of you got a good suggestion for a tutorial series for EU4. I've only malyed CK2 and I have no dlc for europe

cheers

In Hearts of Iron IV or III?

I don't mind detail as long as it doesn't lead towards tedium.
I don't want to sift through 100 different sliders in order to do something I could do in a regular menu.
If that makes sense.
yes I'm the person EUIV appeals to

DDRJake is the official /gsg/ channel for your /gsg/ needs.

Be sure to donate to his patreon.

pirating the dlc is as simple as downloading 2 files from the op. unzipping one, and running one exe from the other, but whatever

most people dislike conclave. I like it in theory, but there are some incredibly stupid things. if you decide to play with it make sure your council never gets the ability to vote on granting titles
horse lords is fantastic. nomads are fun as fuck
way of life is good in theory, but there are a few focuses that are way better than the rest. 80% of the time you'll be taking either family or hunting focus

Even Stalin made better decisions than Quill.

IV, though I imagine he is just as inept in HOI III

What's the difference?

Don't forget stationing troops in to guard borders of Sahara desert.

both desu

>invade neutral Iraq
>leaves British Kuwait

dedalus js the ONLY non jew
and he'll jew so fast the second he gets 1,000nsubs.

Stalin actually understood logistics. He earned the nickname of Comrade Card-Index.

>trust me bro its not me

How do I play Vic 2 on a Mac

This is absolutely disgusting

purchase the mac version of vic 2

Looks like Britain didn't do it too bad.

I wouldn't go too insane, a few fleshed out sects is better than 20 shallow ones.

Wrong.

Poopmod is based on HPMeme so GERMANIUMS will AUTOMAGICALLY take over huge chunks of Africa during the scramble because "dude railroading lmao".

Fuck off, stop spamming

It's not my fault that France did it horribly during this game.

HPM bro, why does Egypt keep randomly succeeding from my Sphere of Influence without any message informing me as to why? is it because it is a puppet of the Ottermen?

EU4 is unironically a good game.

Virtual machine/bootcamp.
Or spend hours dicking about getting it working in Wine (it works, but there are some things you have to change from default, and if you haven't used Wine before it's a pain).
Or buy the Mac version seperately, exists but not on Steam (lol).

pls buy stellaris

>>Build divisions full of just leg infantry battalions
>>Give them no support companies except engineers and artillery
To be fair, that's not entirely his fault. He didn't have enough wehrmacht mana to change his shit that much until the war started and then was distracted by Germany trying to fight the Maginot line.

Jesus christ, I thought that at least the AI would be decent.

I do wonder though how much the oil system fucks things up.

Post proof bro

What happens if you go here?
NO memes

Something I do unironically like about EU4 is how many countries have unique idea sets.

Shame national ideas don't do shit

King of Jews

Still though, he didn't really attempt to modernize or even properly organize his divisions until right before the World War started.

That and him wasting a shit load of resources on building a million god damn alpine divisions to get over the mountains in southern France instead of just pushing through the single urban area and surrounding the mountains was terrible.

>Shame national ideas don't do shit
They are really good if you're one of the few countries that has actually good ideas.

What the fuck is this El Salvador bullshit?

You become the King of Jews.

Who /hype/ for Victoria 3?

The POP system is going to be a little simplified so that each country has one big POP but it'll be fun I promise :)

All countries have good national ideas, you just have to utilise ideas with them to make them OP.
Example: Venician ideas are fairly good on their own but combined with trade ideas they become an unstoppable behemoth that can control all trade without jewing ships.

nothing, it doesn't exist

It's a virus that fills your hard-drive with CP lad, click it.

LADS

WHAT CUNT SHOULD I PLAY IN SEVEN YEARS MEME MOD?

Good ideas are something like this
>Do you have +morale or +discipline?
>Is it a tradition, or one of the early ideas?
>Is it a large number?
If the answer is yes to all 3 then it's a good idea group.
France has great ideas.

>each country has one big POP

But if you check the whois you can see that it's owned by a company that's selling their "branded search" service. Basically it let's you set up a search engine page (actually doing the searches with google) with your own customized ads on it. Basically scum of the earth. I bet they are involved with those browser hijack scum.

prussia