/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Junethack is ongoing for the rest of June: junethack.net/
/rlg/ clan:

Poschengband 4.0.2 released: angband.oook.cz/forum/showpost.php?p=111187&postcount=195

DCSS Trunk Updates: crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-25-may-2016

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/pkf1qnuZ

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ix7srBKuXd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for disintegration.

my android mauler's strength is actually so shit that I can outdamage my melee with the beam cannon power

Man do I want to kill Granade

Why is that my man?

what did he do this time

who

Cata sucks

Alright m80s, i got two aquirements to burn
I got all the good wands so i'm not gambling that, already set with an exec axe once i deem the not!Arga not powerful enough so weapons is off too
I wish i could wish for SOME FUCKING CURE MUT THOUGH

Was it ever not bad?

It was better when it was whales' baby

jewelry maybe

How? I agree it feels like a good game that was ruined but I never played whales' version. So much pointless fluff and the mechanics suck. Cars are kind of cool though, but also pretty shit.

Well would you look at that.

>Ring of sInv
What next

Do you have the necronomicon? Lich forming through endgame is good times

how are your spell skills?

if they're low acq staves will probably give a rod and acq books will probably give a manual

if you have good evo just acq misc tho

>dungeon level 46
>not spamming rods of detection yet

Wow Incursion is fucking autistic

Already have statue form and lich form memorized, i just need to get them online instead from 100% failrate
Already have a rods of inacc/shotgun/lightning, plus i have four BOBs stashed away for extended, but since i have some shitty spell skills i'm bound to get a regular book

Good ring to get on a character dual-wielding shields.

you sure it doesn't work?

Check the ~W screen

I don't remember whether shield damage is 3d(AC) or (AC)d3, but if it's the first one then that ring's a pretty big boost

Welcome to roguelikes.

Can Human actually be good at anything in DCSS?

Yep. "You have no melee attacks" is the message I get.

They're good at removing features.

oh wait you're not actually a shieldmaster bashing things with the shields, you're just an archer

youtube.com/watch?v=ix7srBKuXd0

Which one of you is this?

I was analyzing the posibilities to one-stab Anyaeus, and I digged an interesting screenshot from some time ago.

Looks like not even with a +6 Holy branded sabre with 27 Stealth/Short Blades and Might and Agi added I could bring it down in one attack.
Maybe it was the low Strenght, so I'm gonna try with a Human this time. And to add more damage to the formula, I might add a Harm amulet.

Sounds pretty suicidal if I fail, but it is the whole purpose of the run, so I might as well die in there if I fail.

I never understood how pure stealth is a viable way to play the game

you still need at least 25 dex to get the max damage bonus for stabbing

make sure to have 27 fighting as well, and remember that even with all this shit you might roll low damage randomly

pure stealth isn't viable

spen is viable

Oh my, if I'm reading this right you can crit on thrown monsters.

>when you have a 98% chance to fail at removing a faulty bionic and you tear it out without fail

"Pure stealth" isn't a thing in crawl, since you only gain exp on kills. But an enchanter that stabs shit is viable as fuck

I had 27 Fighting at that moment, and 30 DEX, as the image indicates. I believe I rolled a high number, but I might be wrong; never did the calculations.

In any case, I can only hope I reach 2 breaks for STR this time. I could probably get up to 30 with Might. I hope that gives me the impulse needed to kill him in one hit.

Arena has proven to be a cakewalk. Is there anything I need to know about the metal babble?

i'm saying on your next character maxing strength is ok but make sure to have at least 25 dex first, since it's more important for stabbing

Your stab was at least 288 damage but the holy wrath proc was shitty at less than half of that (it can be up to +150% damage)

also Antaeus's hp is randomized so it might be as low as 400 or as high as 900ish

yeah: don't fight it, don't let your recall point save to its floor, and don't fight it

it's immune to magic, has 2000 AC, speed 80, and casts psycho spear

don't fight the babble

Isn't the metal babble just that lame thing from dragon quest that is worth a ton of exp if you manage to kill it? What makes it so strong in this game?

it also has no movement ability, so every turn it either casts something awful or blinks

>also Antaeus's hp is randomized so it might be as low as 400 or as high as 900ish

I didn't knew that. Might be more complicated than I thought.

Holy shit why.

Crawlbabby here.

Do I still pump dex as MiFi on every levelup?

>tfw you take multiple hits of Addy, meth, coke, and caffeine pills chased with Red Bull to get your INT into the low 40s

the hivemind consensus seems to agree on getting dex to around 20

dex maxes you live more by giving dodging

mi already has enough str to use pretty much any armor

It has capped speed. Takes no damage from any source except source of the poison needle effect, has a 100% cast rate and has an irresistible, invulnerability-piercing attack.

Is the current trunk of DCSS fun or is it just broken?

So what's the problem with using the poison needle?

it's hard to find enough to do throwing, it's hard to stay in melee range to do hitting, and it still casts blink or an awful spell on every turn at +80 speed with absurd AC

that is precisely why

what the fuck
is that even possible? won't you overdose on something?

They should add it to D:1 to replace adders

You climb downwards.
5 death yaks come into view.
_The death yak bellows! x5
Found a spear.
_There is a stone staircase leading up here.
_You climb upwards.

Some guy did it a year ago, and his character kept dying of a heart attack a few days later.

It was pretty funny.

So what when the store runs out of clarity as a meme knight? Diving for a caster to leech SP off?

>they're all next to the staircase

also open the other towns if you haven't yet

android RK? you just teleport between to check all the towns

eventually you can get a rod of clarity

>shops barely stock pots of restore life levels
This sucks.

>level 42
>hasn't saved *any* !restorelife in the house
user this is like the thing with preemptively saving a small stack of Remove Curse (and *Remove Curse*) once you can reasonably afford it, so that you're not fucked when it's unstocked.

same also for !CCW (you can easily go through 40 in a long late fight with phasedoors when trying to save your big healing potions), !Resistance (enables some otherwise risky equipment setups), Phase Door, etc

I used to top off on hounds, but they removed that. Make a macro that'll strip you naked so you can quaff your clarity at level 1. It'll stretch much farther that way.

rest for a day to reset the inventory

Yeah I'm just now realizing my mistake.

Restore life drops relatively frequently once around dlevel 40 or so.

>watching someone play as MiFi using only a bow
Makes me want to play a ranged character for the first time, but then I remember how tedious ranged combat is in crawl.

Cyber-wyrm-demon-lich-tier

Get fucking DUNKED you fucking lich piece of shit

>look at my resistance list to see what gear I can swap
>realize I've been running around without free action for the past couple levels
I'm guessing the antimagic amulet has been saving my life.

High Elf or Human for bows only?

Human for the 30 ability.

I'm not sure if this is shitty or not because I have a rings of speed on.

Is this a meme?

>Abyss 5 for two hours
>Malmutated to hell and still no rune
WAKE ME UP

EVERYTHING DRAINS

>human
WHY NOT PLAY AS A MIGHTY MAN-O-TAUR?

this keeps happening to me. Fuck their removal of rMut.

is the rand rMut removed or just the amulet?

Both, I think. Zin's lajatang is one of the only items that has it now.

>abyss 5
Well there is your first problem. Why the hell did you go to abyss 5?

I thought this was just a meme

Because i was hoping it would take less after spending 5k turns on A3

It's still on the hat of the alchemist and the staff of order. Nowadays I just rush lich form or go Zin until they remove both of those as sources of rMut

Sometimes it's not a choice

Hey uh, if I'm playing a vine stalker, and I go with Pakellas, do I lose my magic draining bite? I understand that Pak gets rid of your innate mp regen, and doesn't want you using channeling, but what about the mp restore vine stalkers get?

What kind of character are you playing? Did you enter voluntarily? Do you have stealth and a source of regen?

He supresses bite MP.

The Ds from a bit earlier, i got so much defense i'm just tabbing all of it but holy fuck it's boring

I heard from ##crawldev that rmut from those items and abilities was an oversight and will be fixed in the next trunk update.

Yeah, tabbing with 0 stealth doesn't do so hot in abyss. You should have stayed in 3 and taken your lumps, as awful as it is.

My dad works at nintendo too.

what's a good stealth skill for the abyss, for a character who would never normally train stealth, senpai?

You don't really want it because you're wearing the heaviest armour you can. In medium armor, you can afford to invest to like 5 pips and do marginally better, but you really want near max. You can probably get some amount if you really want, but I don't know that it'd be worth it over other skills.

wow
good thing you freaking caught that one!

if it's a meme, it's the "anon1 didn't say which game he was playing so anon2 gave advice for a different game"
Humans in poscheng get a special mutation of their choice at level 30 and it's pretty good.

it's the clear weakest of the standart rings, often shows up too late to be useful, but hey maybe, depending on what you've got on now.

Frakir is more flavor than power.

It's mostly helpful for the ring monster race, as it gives them the very useful drain life spell.

Or if you're desperate for poison resistance, I guess.

what a bunch of fags

Blog update, found the fucking rune
Now let's see if i can get outta here

OH SHIT I DIDN'T REALIZE HE WAS AN AMBERITE

Nothing to worry about though.

And done, thank fuck
If pan is even a fraction of this shitshow i dread my extended experience