/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

s1.webmshare.com/wwO1J.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how much use can i get out of the whistle with 50 bt in both pvp and pvp? seems like your opponent would have to be pretty dumb to get caught by it, but does it do pretty good damage?

What was his problem?

It's actually pretty useful. Most of the time you catch them with it, it is because they are already in an animation that they can't cancel.

He was actually smart and didn't go crazy over muh sekrets like everyone else (including the player apparently) did

It's good for pvp, you basically walk slowly on the opposite direction of your opponent and use the whistle.
In most cases the guy you're fighting will hit you, push you forward and take your place, just in time to get the succ from the snake head.

>Fighting Chikage Hunter
>Waste all my poison knives before he uses his vial
>He runs at me, snap off a panic shot with Hunters Pistol
>actually staggers him
>Accidentally fire again
>un-staggers him as I run in for visceral
>he shoots me and staggers me
>kills me in one shot
>mfw

Would anyone like to help me with FRC Keeper? BL 58, pass is cumslut

Any idea of approximately how much damage it does on a player with 50 tinge?

How to win easily:
>Circle strafe at mid-range
^all of his shots will miss
>wait until he sprints in to do his running poke attack
>parry
>visceral
Just repeat until he is dead.

Strong

I'm trying to plat the game but I am stuck at the chalice dungeon. Can someone solo all the boss for me? Would I still get the trophy this way?

No you would be homosexual.

Hey guys, should I spare Patches?

Yes, always.

But he's so creepy.
And he pushed me into a swamp.
And I didn't become a god at all.

Let's put the past behind us.
What is a friend, but a chance encounter?

Just do it dude, none of the chalice bosses are really that bad, and the ones people complain about get even worse with multiple peoples. If you really need a crutch just throw levels into your vitality.

What's the benefit to sparing him anyways?

Last thread died before I could say thanks to the two guys who helped me with logarius, sorry and thanks a ton.

I'm doing defile pthemru now and facing watchdog. I don't have the patience and for some reason I think this boss it the first one I notice a FPS drop when I"m under him

He becomes a merchant in root chalice dungeons.
He's pretty rare though.

I'm fucking killing him then.

And does he sell anything the messengers don't?

I imagine his prices are exorbitant as well.

NO LEAVE HIM ALONE

HE'S FUCKING DEAD

It's you... You're the beast... Can't you see what you're doing? It's madness...

HE PUSHED ME INTO A SWAMP
I KILLED DJURA FOR LESS
I didn't want to, but my game bugged and no matter how hard I tried he wouldn't become friendly

>Searching for the chime of a Sinister Bell

s1.webmshare.com/wwO1J.webm

Why are audio webms disabled outside of /gif/, anyways?

Yes, he sells the same stuff but more expensive.

>mfw Nightmare of Mensis
Jesus christ, does that fucking Frenzy light ever go away?

>get sick of DS3 after the platinum
>come back to BB, start a new character
>suddenly appreciate Amelia, Shadows and BSB way more having sat through Bort, Crystal Sages and Congregation 5 fucking times

not unless you get rid of it yourself

Is it possible to just run through this starting area then?
Because they light keeps killing the Silverbeasts, and then they spit out worms.

yeah, you run through most of that section. Though you should actually run TOWARDS the light and get the lantern on the side of that cliff past the guys throwing rocks, and make sure you remember the elevator nearby for later

You can run through every area of every Souls game ever.

Right, think I went the wrong way. I went off to the left and killed a bunch of giants, not there's a big door.

That's the correct way. His advice is terrible; you'll reach the lantern he's talking about later, and it won't help you for this section.

Alright, now I'm in a castle full of giant spiders.
I'm failing to see how this is an improvement.

That's where you're actually supposed to go, you can head straight through all of that without much issue, just keep running and don't stop.

The lantern I'm talking about isn't useful until shortly after that, it's important to know that the lantern and the elevator are there

I actually like Shadows of Yharnam more than Abyss Watchers now. The latter being easy to cheese and taking place in a boring brown building definitely contributes to that.

Also noticed that DS3 relies on cathedrals in its level design way more than BB does. Kind of a weird fucking thing to be saying but it sure seems that way.

What Runes to run in a pure arc build?

anything that increases your bullet count.

I am at NG+ if I buy and do the DLC now, would the boss be at NG+ level (harder) or does it treat it as if it's NG?

NG+
definitely do not do that to yourself unless you're heavily invested in the chalices

>there will never be a Cainhurst DLC
>meanwhile DS3 will get two DLCs that are going to be completing the game rather than adding onto it

Namco was a mistake

Good thing is From is working with a new publisher

Is it true that Miyazaki is talking about their next game being futuristic?
Man, that reminds me of a Veeky Forums souls thread where some guy ran a pretty cool Cyber Souls campaign.

old hunters was blatantly in part content that was meant to be in the main game

the monumentous importance of maria/laurence/ludwig in relation to the game, the absolutely massive presence of the clocktower in pre-release bloodborne marketing material

To claim it didn't heavily "complete" bloodborne is laughable

The only part that didn't complete it is probably fishing hamlet, which in essence felt like the probable "second" dlc that was originally planned, whereas the hunters nightmare and research hall were very likely originally meant to be in the actual progression of the game at release, the living failures music being used in an early game trailer is even more indicative of this.

It was actually a bit of a slap in the face when the clocktower ended up being such a large piece of visual and area-based importance in the dlc, soulsborne as a series has always maintained a level of "if you can see it, and it looks important, you're probably going to be able to go there".

4answersoulvourneabyss

>the living failures music being used in an early game trailer

the fuck are you on about

meant for this user, obviously

I would kill to see that.

What's the best track in the game?
Hard Mode: No Ludwig the Holy Blade
I think Gascoigne's Theme was pretty damn cool, Queen of the Vilebloods is pretty great too.

Too many good tracks to pick, really. I'd personally narrow it down to Living Failures, Gehrman, Gascoigne, and Orphan.

In DS3 it's easy, Dragonslayer is the best. Though if I gave a shit about Gwyn and was an emotional wreck I might like Soul of Cinder more.

Mars, Bringer of the Living Failures.

My favourite DaS track is The Old Dragonslayer from DS2

Or if you're really feeling lazy. You can actaully bait him to the top of the stairs and then run to the end of the cathedral and hide behind a pillar. It will always break line of sight and aggro and he will just go back to standing there and then you can just back stab him. Then repeat until he's dead.

Watchdog is pretty easy in his first and second phase. Prioritize a leg or paw whatever and hit it until he staggers. After that, target another one and so on. Once phase 3 starts he'll regenerate all the broken limbs and then you can just do it again and of course he'll be more aggressive but the only thing you need to watch out for is his charge.

Attacking it's nose is the best option if you want a safe and easy win.

Blood rapture + Oedin writhe + whatever you want

You can take the extra bullet rune if you want but with the other two you'll get tons of spells so long as you can find parriable enemies

Gascoigne's my favorite but Amygdala is a close second. Unfortunately they're both bosses that die to quickly to fully experience the music

Amygdala yes, but since Gascoigne is the first boss and I had no idea what I was doing I got to experience it pretty fully.

I should probably try fighting him without parrying, I think I would enjoy the fight a lot more that way. Hell last time I fought him he was probably only a beast for 20 seconds because two riposites was all it took to finish him off.

First time I killed him I barely let him become a Beast. Right after he turned I got him with the Music Box, back-stabbed him for the Visceral, and caught him in the face with a molotov.
I'd had him kick me to death too many times to take any chances.

>people already trying to stir up shit with 'rumors' about the next Sony exclusive FS title
then again e3 is like 8 days away isn't it

t.Patches

I don't want to Dream anymore, hunters.

What if Mergo isn't in the Nightmare of Mensis at all? What if only Mergo's Wet Nurse is there, and that's why Mergo is crying so loudly out in whatever formless plane it exists on, and killing the Wet Nurse in the Nightmare sends it back to Mergo hence he stops crying?

>sends it back to Mergo
Wut?

How am I supposed farm Watchers by myself?

Just rush to them, kill them, remake the chalice, and repeat.

None of the +27.2% Isz glyphs work.

Which one are you using? 5pwujscd works just fine. Always has

I did try that and the other Iszs' but I'll try that one again.

But really any tips for the three?

One more question, sorry what are chances of a 27.1% being dropped?

Parries are your best bet, I can give you in depth tactics if you want them.

That would be great, please do Luci.

Well that depends on which build you have. Parries work fairly well in general. Skill get stupidly strong viscerals. Blt gets the bonus of shooting them to death. Strength can use whirlmeme or charged r2's for solid damage, and arc can just throw whatever it has at them. The gems range a bit in percentages with the lowest being around 22% or something and the highest being 27.2%. They're all pretty common but don't bother using it if its -atk down or -hp at all.

Take that gay shit and get out of my workshop.

How to solo the Watchers without getting touched in a room with the twin stair cases:

When you first enter the fog run to the left side of the room and stand at the top of the stairs. Don't go down them. This should draw a couple of the watchers to you. The club watcher should usually be at the front of the pack. This is what you want. He is the easiest to parry in while in a group.

When he reaches the little walk way half way up the stairs, back up into the open area at the top of the stairs. You don't want to give him a Straight shot at you. NEVER parry his sprinting attack. It comes out too fast, and if you trade with it, you'll take a ton of damage.

Now just wait for him to swing. Parry it. It is ridiculously easy to parry. Just be on the look out for the other two. When they reach the top area, head to the other stair well and head about half way down. Don't do all the way down. The goal here is to lead them to the top of the stair well you are on; you don't want them coming down behind you.

When they get there, back up on to the path way. They usually can't get around one another here so just keep going for parries.

WHEN THE GUNNER gets on the mid level head back up the stairs that are now behind you and bait them up those stairs. Don't get greedy. The gun watcher can shoot through the others, staggering you long enough for them to hit you, and result with you going from 100% to dead before you can react.

If they happen to come down behind you, pincering you, just drop to the lower floor, kite them down there, the run back to the very top floor.

{cont.}

{cont.}

The club guy should be dead after that. Now you want to focus on the cleaver guy. You want to keep doing the kiting strategy, making sure the gunner never has a clean shot at you.

The cleaver fuck's attacks are much more annoying to parry without getting a trade. The move you want to watch out for is the one where he lifts the cleaver above his head and holds it there. That is the one you want to parry. As he is holding it above his head and just before he slams it down you will see him raise it slightly. That is your key to shoot. You probably want to avoid parrying it if you are point blank though. That will usually end in a trade.

Just repeat that until he is dead.

When you have the gun guy alone you have basically already won. He can't hit you with his gunshots at point blank range so dodge through a shot, get close, slap the shit out of him, then dodge back before he slaps you with the lantern.

Repeat that until he is almost dead, then he will pull out a club and be the same as the first guy you killed. Just parry him to finish him off.

This will work with any build. I did it on a Str build in a FRC chalice where getting nicked even slightly would instantly kill me. It sounds like it would take forever, but once you get it down, it only takes a few minutes each time, while being extremely safe.

/strategy guide

Awesome, thanks a lot. I might be studying you post for awhile, I got on group but this really help

ty bb

Anyone know what the hell the Cleric Beast is doing when it sprays blood out around itself? Doesn't seem to do anything.

Healing broken limbs.

It's healing a broken part. Whatever part is glowing. If it heals it's heal for example, you can shoot it in the face again, to break it, and when his head breaks again, you can riposte him.

>If it heals its head for example*

How the fuck does the Whirligig Saw fill up your beasthood gauge in just two hits

Magic, ain't gotta explain shit.

Also, sounds like you have too much insight.

"Too much" insight? Is there such a thing?

Only if you want to be a filthy beast.

They are inversely related.

BLOOD NOW

Which covenant is the best and why is it Based Confederates

Confeds for co-op. Hunters for everything else.

>Not finding blood sperm for your queen

Wake up, good hunter

No. We shall not abandon the dream.

I SAID WAKE THE FUCK UP

This nightmare will never end

>Refuse