/hbg/ general generalization generation

I didn't forget /hbg/ on the subject edition
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Plutoo Released Freakyhax more info on his twitter.
mobile.twitter.com/qlutoo?lang=en
Get FreakyForms before it gets Cubic Ninja'd
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-New Luma update lads. Get it here: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v5.5
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for original 3DS only. For details see Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

>Vita
Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60.

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/qlutoo?lang=en
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mobile.twitter.com/qlutoo?lang=en

2nd for no bullying retards

3rd for bullying retards

titlekey when?

black and red means you don't have the boot file from the starter kit on the root of your sd card

you're gonna have to be more specific

>mfw I snagged the last two copies of Freakyforms Deluxe at my store

I need help. I've been using Gaateway on my 3ds but recently I fucked up and tried to change language in my emuNAND. Turns out it fucks up the gateway hack and I need to re-set everything, But I don't have a blue card left from gateway, god knows where I put it.

So, could someone suggest me which CFW to use? And explain how they work? Do CFWs have emunand as well? Will I be able to keep games that I installed in my gateway emuNAND before? Or at least keep my saves/import my saves from old emuNAND into CFW? If someone could kindly explain this I would be so grateful!

I already ask this question in last thread but I just want to confirm it. Is it safe to do a system update after install arm9loader?

Repostan

Anyone that has done a region swap with an O3DS can help me out? I want to get into the Japanese eShop to buy somethings that haven't been dumped yet. I followed all the steps correctly. I deleted the eShop account before starting and formatted the system after swapping and updated like it said but no matter what I do it doesn't let me get into the eShop. I get and error code and it tells me to quit the eShop.

Fuck off already, christ.

What firmware are you on currently?

Only once you've completed the guide, in which case, yes.

See I was gonna tell you to read the fucking OP, but since you probably already realize that you sound like a retard I'm gonna be nice:
>which cfw?
Luma or SaltFW, Luma if you like customizability, Salt if you're into memes or afraid of breaking shit by using a wrong config
>how they work
They patch specific parts of the system in memory to allow third party and pirated apps to run
>emunand
Optional, though SaltFW can't be used with an emuNAND. Due to the current state of a9lh hackerino it's save to run cfw on sysnand because homebrew runs before the firmware runs, which allows you to restore a working backup even if you break your system
>keep games
yes
>keep saves
yes
Best way to start is at part 3 in Plailect's guide: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
just skip the part about creating a new redNAND, you should be able to use your emuNAND.

What's this supposed to be?

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Availability of FreakyForms

my local gamestop had some in stock but i didn;t feel like going in person so i ordered online now hhopefully they dont cancel my order

I'm not sure if they're buying the games just to use as entry points.

person who owns freakyforms here, I can't see any other reason they'd buy it.

I upgraded to 11.00 to get Freakyforms off the E-shop, but I can't get PlaiSysUpdater to go beyond HAX INIT? Do I keep trying, or did I make a mistake by upgrading and now cannot downgrade?

Must be a pretty fun game dawg.

LMAO

There's no dowgrade for 11.0, only KICKASS homebrew.

>buy new 3ds today
>want to update to 9.0, start the guide
>start up, go into settings
>9.0E

goodshit.jpg

>the release of this exploit, ironically, is gonna lock out so many people from downgrading

In case you're actually serious, 11.0 has a hardcoded downgrade fix which can't be fixed without ARM9 kernel access, which we don't have atm.

>upgrading
hope you can solder

>-SAFE FIRMWARES-
>3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)

> Safe
> 10.7 downgrade

I refuse to believe this is a real post

your face when you're not a late/wait fag

At least I have my original 3DS with 9.6 to downgrade

You got 2 options, get A9LH+CFW
Or
Update for ultra stability

I recommend SUPERSTABILITY

wait, did nintendo take down freakyforms from the eshop?

yep

yes now go to your local gamestop and hope they have a copy

>Remember I'm on 10.7
>Feel bad
>Remember I could be on 11.0

Apparently, they took it down within less than 4 hours of the guy's video.
Which strikes me as being faster than Nintendo usually reacts to shit.

>always had 9.2 o3ds
>downgraded 9.9 n3DS at start of year

lmao, the absolute madmen, they probably had their social media team waiting for it

does this affect me in anyway if i plan to buy a n3ds in a month? i mean, they're all in 9.5 or less, right?

10.3 and under

nice quads

that's safe as fuck. either way, i'll ask again before i buy it in case nintendo started sending out upgraded batches

thanks

nope and if you somehow fuck up you can return that n3ds and get another one

It already got taken down though.

>I didn't forget /hbg/ on the subject edition
>forgot to link to the previous thread

Is it possible to adjust a .cia's aspect ratio? I DL'd a file for an NES game off 3DSISO and it's fullscreened and stretched to shit. I want to play it in 4:3. Is there anything I can do fix this?

Why is OP such a flying faggot?

Aight guys i'm trying to use dirtyhaxx.

I'm using the homebrew app on my a9lh 3ds in preparation for installing homebrew/downgrading another 3ds i have

The one running homebrew is o3DSxl 11.0JPN, while the one i wanna hack is o3DS 10.7U.

In running the app, its asking me for my firmware, do i give it the firmware of the system im using right now? or the system i plan on using the hax on?

supposed to buy a retail copy like a smart person, digital is only for normies already on 11.0 who just want emulators and hans

at least

Firmware of the console you're using the hax on, obviously. C'mon user.

Have you achieved 3DS nirvana, /hbg/?
>Limited Edition N3DS
>A9LH
>Luma CFW
>2.2.6 FBI
>freeShop
>NTR Video Streaming
>128gb MicroSD

Post >yfw nirvana

>128gb msd
why? You'll hit the 300 limit first.
>NTR video streaming
I could but I have no reason to
>freeshop
Errors constantly. Great when it works, but terrible when you sit for an hour waiting for bravely default to install to get an error
>2.2.6 fbi
what else is there
>Luma a9lh
Yes
>Limited n3ds
Bought it when there were no limited's, but i do got one of the blue jap ones.

>why? You'll hit the 300 limit first.
What are emulators.

What does freeshop have over the titlekeys site?

why's everyone treating freeShop like it's some kinda revolution in CIA downloading? i've used FunKey since its release and the faster downloads really makes me wonder why people bother with other methods

Did anyone here already do the New 3DS psp nub upgrade?

I'm curious since it's been a few weeks since this was a thing and wanted to know if it held up well in that time.

What firmware is being shipped out currently on N3DS?

10.3 and under

Because having a nice searchable GOOEY is easier to use.

Too bad it's not iPS
>so close, user.

Absolute shit half the time?

>change from rxtools to luma
I fell into the 95% bootrate meme

And, when I launch using MSET I still boot into rxtools kek. Guess you need to install certain payload for luma. Does that even support the MSET thing?

I'm pretty sure it is, how can I check besides tilting, because I swear my o3ds washes out this one doesnt

Yes, except

>freeShop

I'm not gay.

Well it's one thing if you're on >O3DS. If you transfer your CIA files by ftp, that's pretty retarded compared to just making CIAs in CIAngel or using QR codes

You asked why, I told you why, you're implying they are not working on making the emulators better.
>moving goalposts

CTRAging app, someone here can tell you how it works (i don't, i only heard about it)

Pretty sure this is an IPS screen

i'm on n3DS, and the only reason i wouldn't use ftp is if the file is ~1gb or higher. i'm more comfortable with using FunKey since the titlekey database updates pretty much when there's a new key, in comparison to having to wait for someone to update the titlekeys file for you

finish your geology homework

So I have a Japanese SecureInfo_A. Can someone tell me how to make a USA system's emunand take advantage of that JP SecureInfo_A to make a JP EmuNand that runs off the USA system?

If it helps to know, they're both N3DSes with A9LH installed

>tfw sandy-loam
when does the pain end?

>tfw no muhammad ali theme

Hey guys, just finished the Plailect guide, man I did not expect it to be that long. Anyway, cleaning the house right now and there's some homebrew apps like hans, prboom 3ds, and even some brony shit that came in the starter homebrew pack.
The question is, is there any app that must be kept? And also, is this homebrew like the wii one were you just put apps in the 3ds folder and that's it?

yes but most of the homebrew apps you're going to actually use you can install as cias

hey how does the luma3ds updater work?

choose action:
install normal version
install developer version
install latest hourly (ae1033d9)
restore backup

do i just select the normal version option? can someone clear this up for me? what does hourly build mean?

Sorry I was away. I am on 4.5
What does into memes mean? Thanks a lot for the help!

just install the normal version

I'm trying the new basehaxx exploit.

It's failed on me exery single time, just simple blackscreen and kicks me out and reboots.

I thought maybe i had some missing files or something so i kept repasting all the homebrew starter kit into the root of the sd, the boot.3dsx. Everything

All i can think of is that the game version is Alpha Sapphire 1.4 but that's the chip version so i can't uninstall updates.

Anyone got any ideas?

So do SNES CIAs from 3dsiso work on O3DS?

What are y'all playing?

Are you not buying your $5 exploit game from a gamestop? They have shitloads of these in stock.

I just dug through my PSP parts and gave it a shot. Makes a huge difference. Especially if yours is worn down/smooth from MH4U like mine was.

>Section IV - Copying RedNAND data to SysNAND

> 4.Confirm and restore from emuNAND_original.bin

Is it at this point in which I restore from my GW emunand I made before starting the whole phailect guide? its a 10.3 emunand. If the answer is yes since I finished the whole guide does it mean I can update sysnand 10.3 to sysnand 11 and never even need emunand again corret?

no, they're most likely injected vc titles. if you want to play snes games on o3ds, install a homebrew snes emulator, download the roms, and smoke some weed so that it seems less extremely slow.

correct

Really the 3DS SNES emu's are that bad?

I remember having good luck back in the Nintendo DS Emu days.

Can someone please remind me, when you select BACK UP NAND in the gateway L menu does it back up the emunand or the sysnand?

the homebrew ones are alright, the injected ones are terrible.

bump ;_;