/mmg/ Mega Man General

Autistic Masochistic Necrophiles Edition
Thread No.83
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread

>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Comic and Manga links
Archie
en.sonicscanf.org/comics/mega-man/

Mega Man X scanlations
drneko.com/scanlation/rmseries/index.php

Novas Aventuras de Megaman in English
web.archive.org/web/20120601135528/http://opentrain.199xchan.org/?page_id=28

Translated Iwamoto Rockman X3 manga:
mediafire.com/download/izq53cce369o83f/RMX3_manga_part1.rar
mediafire.com/download/7zy077auo502lec/RMX3_manga_part2.rar

Megaman X2,X3,X4 - Iwamoto Manga Raws: digitalmegamanworld.com/Rockman-X-Manga/

Final Chapter of the Iwamoto Rockman X1 manga:
mediafire.com/download/rrs47k206pj6aol/MMX_CH13.rar

pastebin.com/iqg7uBU1
Master Paste of translated fanmade 4Komas and Short Mangas made on Pixiv. Regular updates.

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/7sYzfBS3
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
youtube.com/watch?v=57JXaCsWY4c&list=PLHZZIc85hoGogta1t8aJHDwbgOZ2pnKNb
Ruby Spears Playlist

anime.megamanonline.org/
Contains episodes from Rockman.EXE, Ryuusei No Rockman plus other stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=laiSpoBtruw
Mega Man: Upon a Star English Dub
>We have a booru now! mmg.booru.org/

Extra links! (contains archive, extra booru links,etc. Will be updated as needed or suggested.)
pastebin.com/qu9UQS6h

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom-unity.com/mega_man/go/thread/view/7461/30697603/my-new-found-hatred-for-mighty-no9?pg=1
youtube.com/watch?v=YyAEB8TPs1g
mightyno9.com/en/20160603
youtube.com/watch?v=PL2A_KSdoc4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for best robot

3rd for corned beef

Uncle proton is best. Get that trash out of here.
Kidding but you should seriously tone down the waifu fagging just a little bit.

I suppose by this point im milking the joke a little too hard.

Just posting Day-Chan before going to sleep.

Husbandos are truly the best waifus

Hub, put some clothes on.
Everyone can see your doodle.

Do you think dash shooting was a glitch, or intentional for some reason?

What do you mean?

So this is... the power of four million...

The extra damage lemons get in X and X2 mid-dash, lemme record something to show you.

4.4 million dollarydoos down the fucking drain

I'm pretty sure it was a glitch since it isn't in later X games.

I'd be willing to look past the shitty graphics if the art direction wasn't so dull.

There's a few bosses in X3 that take marginally more damage from it, the intro boss and I think some of Doppler's bosses, but I'm not sure.

All shots did more while dashing, didn't they?
At least in X1.

Only lemons.

Chipping away at chips I guess
Here's a reflector thingy

Is there a visible queue to show that something got reflected?

There is now ;)

Faggot from /v/ here who got linked to this thread by some other faggot.
Just wanted to say it looks great.
God fuckin' speed.

Hey, don't call me a faggot, faggot.

Any hope the new MM mobile game will be good ?

No.

Touch controls right next to motion controls are the bane of my existence.

Are you making this game? Cool. What technology are you using?

It'll cost $1.99 to get every upgrade.

Megaman is dead and buried

What's with the backlash against Mighty no 9?
Is it just the trailer or has something else happened?
I haven't been keeping up with the development of the game but from what iv'e seen so far it looks good.

>Buried

Not anymore. Capcom took him out and is now using his dead body to try and get some nostalgia cash.

Oh boy what a ride are you asking for. Too much has happened it is a bit hard to explain even here. I will try to summarize it's most important aspects tho.

>Inafune starts kickstarter with a spiritual sucessor of Mega Man: Mighty Number 9. It's protagonist Beck has the gimmick of having full transformations by absorbing the data of even minor enemies.
>People is excited because Capcom has been shit to Mega Man lately (with the cancellation of Legends 3 and other stuff), and the kickstarter surpasses every expectation by reaching more than 4 million dollars
>So work starts!
>Community management of the forums for the backers gets a girl who is not familiar even with games in general, plus seems to be a sort of radical feminist
>Thing on the forums start to get out of hand and even people who weren't hostile start to get banned, losing any reward they would get from the kickstarter (this includes people who donated enough to get physical rewards)
>She finally gets kicked out eventually but the damage persists
>Polls for stuff like the design for Beck's companion and Call end not only with extremely nostalgic designs, but seem suspicious because they never showed the totals.
>Rewards get delayed
>Game progresses like a turtle and when we see some footage of the almost final graphics, it not only looks like an old PS2 game, but also looks worse than what the Alpha (footage made like a week after the kickstarter ended) looked like.
>At some point a second kickstarter was made for Mighty Number 9 to add english voices. After some backslash it is revealed it is for a cartoon. The game is not even finished yet.
>At some other point a second kickstarter starts, Inafune wants the people's money to do a Legends' sucessor called Red Ash. MN9 is not even finished yet and already has had a delay iirc, so people is not pleased with this move (1/2)

Yes.

(2/2)
>After the kickstarter seems to be a failure, Red Ash gets funded by a suspicious Chinese company, and then the kickstarter get changed to be about extra stuff. It still fails.
>On the other hand, another kickstarter was made for a short animation of Red Ash. That one was succesful. Red Ash has it's own issues so I will just stick with MN9 for now.
>At some point before that though, it's revealed some DLC for MN9. People are not really amused neither.
>More delays on the rewards.
>More delays on the game.
>Turns out the gimmick Beck was supposed to have was only reduced to be for bosses instead of all enemies because of "tight budget"
>"The game is finished already yet it isn't even map bumped"
>After almost two years finally just some rewards start to get sent to backers.
>Delays. Inafune promises there won't be more delays after this one.
>And yet another delay.

I think that covers most of it but if anybody wants to do a better explanation than myself please do.

it still has the potential to be good right?

The question is why would anyone even consider buying that game

They should have tried with something better. Something like a good version of Megaman ZX.

The general consensus from the leaked build is that it's okay, but not amazing.

Some guy named Protofaggot leaked a although BETA build from 2015 and people played it.

It sucks.

How's that azure striker gunvolt game?

It's good, has some fun gameplay although his own gimmick (tag) is a bit subjective, some people enjoy it and others think it should have been done differently. The translation of the 3DS version has some issues with liberties and cut dialogue, but the Steam version got a better deal.

Also the secondary characters and villains are way too popular, I guess that must speak for itself of how well done they were in general.

I just got the Mega Man Legacy Collection (has the first 6 MM games for NES)

What am i in for?
I have never played a MM game before.

How good are you at other platformers?
You can start with the first game, though 2 is probably a better starting place.
The games can be fairly difficult, so keep that in mind.

Your experience will roughly correspond to your familiarity with the more challenging NES games.
Play them a lot? You should be able to breeze right through those games no sweat. If not, you're in for a lot of frustration.

Hey everyone! i found a review of the final mn9 game!

Since there's a lot of mention of..that certain manager in the thread ill post the reviews here

I just beat MN9 and thought it was a fun game. Wait till you play it.

It's a fun game, just nothing special, and I do mean it. It's literally nothing special, just 'nice'.

Seismic's stage is actually pretty fun.

Prison stage has a fun concept

Robot Factory stage has one hell of a challenging end boss and good and fun level design, since it's very involved with your wepaons and your skills learned as a player.

Some of the cooler level design can be found in the challenges.

Boss Rush before final boss concept was thrown out the window.

Story, unfortunately remains a big Meh, nobody is a Dr.Wily in this, even when Mr.Blackwell is mentioned, he is NOT what you would originally anticipate him to be...

Ray DLC character's moments are worth it.

Uh... what else, some **** level design, Avi's stage had one cheap moment that pissed me off.

Game flows well.

Only 12 stages, 8 main mavericks and 4 final stages.

Ending is anti-climactic as hell, very disappointing.

There's no 'end' atmopshere to it and it feels rushed.

The experience is all about gameplay.

Story is ****, ending of the game is lame and rushed, at least it opened a universe that can be added upon.

Dash in itself is pretty fluid, quality of Mega Man X8 fluid. It's true that you can't shoot while dashing (why!?).

The powers are really, really fun. They're probably the best thing out of the whole experience. The level design REALLY encourages you to use them and some are just amazing. Seismic's weapon is literally a ride of happiness. Brandish's is changing everything by offering a hack n slash gameplay. Battalion's wepaon is the 'Metal Blades' of Mighty Number 9, the OP weapon every speed runner will spam.

Avi's weapon is pretty much useless and pretty much only have one real use in the game...

and lastly from the same guy:

- Call's development is nice and all...but the cutscenes are a waste of time, money / budget etc. They are useless, meaningless, purposeless and really disappointing. They're lame and don't really add anything important to the story most of the time. Specially near the end it feels so rushed it's extremely uncomfortable. You can tell it was quickly wrapped up and it's extremely unfortunate.

In the prison stage Call's development begins as she is shown to be very analytic with her surroundings, either it be environmental or companions. She questions things, which robots like Beck don't really seem to do.

Speaking of Beck, what a lame ****. All he does is take orders, he doesn't have the depth of questioning or regret, culpability or second thoughts the classic Mega Man did, or even X, Beck just doesn't seem to give a damn and does mission after mission after mission.

Sure there are a few 'I DON'T WANT TO HURT YOU' or 'I'M HERE BECAUSE I WANT TO HELP YOU' but argh... they could've given the character depth instead of wasting budget on those stupid, useless cutscenes with unanimated mouths.

Yes, the dialogue cutscenes are cheap as all bloody heck. They're barely animated and the mouths don't move most of the time. All you do is listen to dialogues while 3D animated characters breathe.

Playing it with no expectations really makes you realize how cheap the game is.

Honestly though, the gameplay is nice, even if it's nothing stellar, and it's still leagues above Capcom's legions of cancellations and nothings.

Anyone know where to find the brazilian Mega Man comics in English? I know Mega Man News Network had a link to them years ago that doesn't work anymore. I read them and want to enjoy the wild ride again. It's such a strange adaption and probably the most outlandish ever that I couldn't help but enjoy it.

They are entreteaning. Bad by pretty much all of the quality standards, but entreteaning nevertheless.

I've been following the 2 people posting their experience with the game on here too, user

capcom-unity.com/mega_man/go/thread/view/7461/30697603/my-new-found-hatred-for-mighty-no9?pg=1

No

If it is good I hope it doesn't take over this general. Mobile trash has killed some generals in the discussion department. Look at /ffg/ it's all they want to talk about.

You did forget a couple of things.
>They actually did show the numbers for the Call poll. Call E lost by a mere 2%
>The apology demo got delayed.
>Claimed it was to make the Demo DRM free.
>Demo still has DRM when they release it.

I have a feeling either the mobile game or the cartoon will have a significant effect on the general, even if one or both of them are crap.

At the very least, we can survive on dank memes.

I can attest to this being a former member of the now dead /dbg/ - dragon ball games general.

Once Dokkan battle came out it's basically what everyone talked about. Not that I blamed them though Xenoverse wasn't anything special either. It's still fun in small doses though.

>being a former member of the now dead /dbg/
Oh wow really? That was my first general on Veeky Forums I was so sad to see it go and never come back. I don't recall Dokkan Battle ruining the general, it wasn't talked about that much was it?
I was actually hoping that /dbg/ would return with Xenoverse 2 coming soon.

what did people talk about in ffg before? Seems to right now to be just
>mobiles
>waifus
>playthroughs

How do generals die anyway?
Do they just pass page 10 and never get brought back? Or does everyone in the community mutually agree to leave?

It didn't ruin it particularly that was due to mostly xenoverse's problems, and the waifu fags who didn't discuss jack shit didn't help either.

But alot of people did start talking about dokkan battle once xenoverse lost it's appeal.

For the record, you may be able to reconize me with this youtube.com/watch?v=YyAEB8TPs1g

But yeah it did happen though.

Either one actually.

I don't remember how /dbg/ died. But I do remember a large majority agreeing to leave, but it kept going despite that until eventually I think it straight up just reached page 10 and nobody ever bothered to resurrect it.

Hopefully this won't happen to /mmg/. But it can...

It was very slow but people talked about other FF games I don't mind Record Keeper but the obsession the general has is bizarre, it's either Record Keeper or the constant dumb ass argument over what FF games are allowed to be discussed for example
>we all hate FFXIV
>But we'll put it in the OP anyway
as a way to false flag people and get bumps but I digress

Even with Re-releases of games they still go on about Record Keeper and if anyone brings it up why no one is talking about it it's
>We've already discussed these games to death :^)
Which is ironic cause Record Keeper discussion is always the same.

That's just from my perspective. I don't frequent it as much, Kingdom Hearts Generals talks about a mobile game and nothing else too.

Well if I had to pick between talking about a mobile and fancrafting OC stuff, I'd pick the OC stuff.

We just don't have very much of THAT, either.

>Tfw I like dragon ball

No prom night for me.

We can keep living! Even if we have to rely on fan content like we have for months now.

If we make it to 2017, we'd at least have the cartoon. We can enjoy it or rip into it. It doesn't really matter.

Did anyone save that picture of digorino fucking destroying mighty number nine?

Here you go.

>When you make a game so awful a frozen pizza company mocks you.

I miss you guys, /dbg/ was always the neatest, even when we were dead and running off the fumes of Super and Hungergames

I miss to too.

>Tfw my days as ginyu user are over.

It's kinda weird seeing a general die. It's hard to explain the feeling, even if you never really KNEW the people there it still doesn't feel good.

So the team is praying.
mightyno9.com/en/20160603

>Until next time Mighties! (`_´)ゞ

I can see why.

>mightyno9.com/en/20160603
Inafune is cringing so hard, too Japanese for his westaboo mind.

Why is he always drawn to be so smug but his personality in the game never reflects that? Even Mega Man's poses match his personality.

I remember that video being posted quite frequently, but if you were a namefag I don't recall
Ah
Both I guess, I know a lot of the well known posters in /dbg/ left and eventually it hit page 10 and no one ever reposted the general

For the record I don't recall ever namefagging as ginyu user.

I think I may have like one thread but otherwise I just identified myself by posting that video every thread.

Yes, we memed about the horrible animation, but I think we died before it got done with KtK

I more remember the sprite mugshot Ginyu
Oh yeah I do remember that now, it was really early into the series.
Oh geez. They're praying for people to like the game because they know that divine intervention is the only way people won't be pissed about the shit they pulled.

youtube.com/watch?v=PL2A_KSdoc4
Hopefully we get something as legendary as this.

They showed the PERCENTS for the Call pole, not the actual numbers.

So legit here: how do you thik this will sell? and wht will the metacritic and critic scores?

It'll be meh out of bleh. The physical copies will be in the bargain bin in under a month.

>Implying Inafune won't go the extra mile to pay everyone who reviews it to say

>LOL IT'S GREAT GUIZ, EASILY GOTY 2016
>IT WILL CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK ABOUT THE UNIVERSE WE LIVE IN - 9/11 IGN
>EVEN BETTER THAN MEGA MAN, MAN I'M SURE CAPCOM REGRET LETTING INAFUNE LEAVE LIKE THAT NOW HUH?!
>It's okay.

I expect it to score a solid 4.5 or 5 out of 10. Nothing lower, but certainly nothing higher.

I think we mostly just jumped on it.
Neither Rock nor Beck have animations with a lot of personality. Beck just doesn't have a personality. Rock doesn't get a lot of spots for it, but he's in enough games that we get the idea.
That's probably what Inafune was trying for, especially with Call.

In MN9 you'll be seeing a lot of stumbling, so you'll feel that more than any smug.

>Stumbling
Dear god why the fuck did they put that in?

Call is fine for me she acts how I thought she would judging from her facial expressions in art work, she does look very stoic. Beck reminds me too much of MMPU Rock saying repetitive things before some boss fights, it's pretty annoying.

Hah hah hah! bring it on! bring it on! that's more like it! That's more like it!

voices during gameplay are never a good idea in any platforming game, no matter the language either.
>Call
>JUMPING, GRABBING!
I used to really hate X for shouting his weapon abilities in Maverick Hunter