ITT: armies, kingdoms ect who you develop a soft spot for simply because you think the way they waged war was cool

ITT: armies, kingdoms ect who you develop a soft spot for simply because you think the way they waged war was cool

Hussite war wagons are fuckin sweet

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XAVi99Rwh8g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>general staff
>disciplined and stylish as fuck

Mandatory Prussiaposting

The staff system is a french innovation. The prussians just adopted it.

I always kinda liked the ottomans just because the Janissaries were so fucking cool

the murder holes under castle gates where you'd get boiling sticky tar oil poored all down ur chainmail and shit g_g

>THE SCREAMING

and you just gotta keep throwing men under it until they run out and you can maybe look up into them and fire an arrow... headfirst

13th century biological warfare launching rotting decayed & diseased misc. corpses from trebuchets into castles

balistas are just wicked... stack 5 guys to one munitions stock pile, take out entire columns like used by rome etc

Ž I Ž K A
I
Ž
K
A

I know Prussia fetishism is frowned upon but god damn I can't get enough of their uniforms.

Oprichnik (Russian: oпpи́чник, IPA: [ɐˈprʲitɕnʲJk], man aside; plural Oprichniki) was the term given to a member of the Oprichnina, an organization established by Tsar Ivan the Terrible to govern a division of Russia from 1565 to 1572.

akin to japanese samurai slaughtering unarmed peasents but on horseback with whips & rifles.

>honourary europeans

Is that irish?

Initially led by a man who has never lost a single battle in his entire career.Jan"I don't need eyes for the likes of you" Zizka.

Yes

Their flag was just a severed dogs head and a broom if I remember correctly

Fuckin spooky

Neat.
Where can I learn some?

hire bastardom to kill off bastardom & political disscent? brilliant

>I know Prussia fetishism is frowned upon
Frowned by who? The buttmad poles & french niggers in /int/?

Like what you want to like nigga.

Me too user

Yeah but the Prussians were molded by it.

>Bohemia wasn't a playable faction in AoE, Civ 5 or Medieval: TW

REEEEEEEEEEE

EU4 mate it's on tpb

You son of a bitch

Too bad there's so little flavor to them

The entire South American kingdoms
>hey neighbor let's fight
Ok.
>uses obsidian clubs and makes their warriors their slave bitch.

>just because the Janissaries were so fucking cool
You wouldn't think that if somebody abducted your child and raised him as a brainless killing machine.

#balkanproblems.

>he seriously thinks this wouldn't be the case for the whole of Europe had the Turks won during the siege of Vienna

There's a free course in duolingo.

It wouldn't have really mattered, the Ottomans barely not subjugate even a battered and torn apart Hungarian Kingdom. They had no chance on the long run.

>could not even subjugate
I fucked that one up senpai

What the heck did they use the broom for? Sweeping the streets after every murdering a village, because it's rude to leave a mess after a good party?

Because they are sweeping away the Tsar's enemies.

prussia/wehrabooism isn't exactly frowned upon but making them mad is so fucking easy and hilarious that most people do it these days

That's not what happened buddy.
I'm last to defend Ottoman rule of this region but in reality many people willingly gave kids because it allowed them to advance socially.
Janissaries were powerful force in politics and far from "brainless killing machines".
And just because someone became Muslim didn't mean he forgot his family.

Some of the neighboring Germanic tribes adopted skull deformation for a couple centuries after the Huns mixed in with the local populations of the Carpathian basin.

They were so strong, that some must have reasoned it to their almost alien like appearance.

Fallschirmjagers are pretty fucking bad ass desu senpai

Just like Frederick the Great

Your tears are only fuel to my erec-

never mind.

>The shields
>The armour
>The music

It's the whole package, to be honest OP

>arguing with balkanshit/turkroach
>expecting non emotional, logical arguments

Flamer throwers are cool, at the same time they are terrifying, they where called the best weapon of the entire war by some general, simply because one guy could literally clear out an entire bunker filled with 30 people, In cases where the Japanese were installed in deep caves, the flames often consumed the available oxygen, suffocating the occupants

also worth to note the flamerthrower (M2) only has about 7-8 sec of fuel, and you can only fire it for a maximum of 5 seconds because then you have to restart the ligthing mechanism, think of it as a revolver but with road flares instead of bullets sitting on the front of the gun

Fun fact : the axis made an offical complaint against the use of the Churchill Crocodile cause it was messing up their defensive positions so bad

The Churchill Crocodile could produce a jet of flame exceeding 150 yards. There are documented instances of German units summarily executing any captured British flame-tank crews.

>Fun fact : the axis made an offical complaint against the use of the Churchill Crocodile cause it was messing up their defensive positions so bad
>There are documented instances of German units summarily executing any captured British flame-tank crews.

I find this hard to believe seeing as the germans themselves deployed several models of flame tanks as early as 1940.

Well the germans discontinued their flame tanks and they never actually saw much use because they dident preform very well, mabey it was jealousy

>I am a real american

You Ypurw You're fucking french

And thats why its such a terrifying weapon

vietnam was fucked tho

Maori warriors and Hawai'ian koa warriors.

I know I'm being a peasant but I gotta say the Roman Legions

I've watched like 3 doccos about Watling Street and it just blows my fucking mind.

I think the Confederacy was one of the worst political and social entities to ever exist and i'm glad the North won, but the Army of Northern Virginia has always held a soft spot in my heart.

Scottish war of Independence

>contemporary Europeans describing Janissaries moving twice as fast and half as noisy as a European army of equal size

Shit's crazy yo.

"Halt! Mark time!"
>It is the preliminary to the charge.
"Charge! 52nd, Charge!" cried Sir John Colborne, and with three ringing cheers which drown the "Vivas!" of the Old Guard, the 52nd charge.

Down the slope they go, gripping their muskets, leveling their bayonets, eager to meet the foe. They met them—met them in the good old British style—met them with steel and hearts that failed not, met them with arms that knew well how to wield the weapon that had carried Britain to glory many a time before.
They failed not this time. Through and through the ranks of the Old Guard they went.

>Never going to be a mongol heavy lancer.

>Never going to be covered in precious metals, silk and steel.

>Never going to charge into a breach made by the light horse.

>Never going to experience the comfy of a Mongolian winter.

>Never going to lasso a Knight Hospitaller and take his warhorse.

>Never going to spread Tengri's will from Japan to Austria.

Life's not fair

Ayyeee

retarded movie

man is brit - see hat

I was making a reference
youtu.be/XAVi99Rwh8g

How so?

Why's that???

considering janissaries didnt wear heavy armor like european knights it makes sense

The esprit de corps, their aggressive tactics, the personalities of the commanders, the rebel yell, their humor and humanity, Stonewall Jackson, Longstreet, Jeb Stuart, and the man himself, Robert E. Lee, the whole package really.

But most of all, they are the plucky underdog who keeps winning despite 3-1 odds. There is something endlessly romantic about an army of underequiped, rough shod rebels beating the better trained and equipped Federal army against all odds.

My loyalty is with the North, but my heart is definitely with the Army of Northern Virginia and the South.

How could they fight atthe frontline without armor ?

Thank you for the legitimate response. I was just curious what is appealing towards somebody who isn't pro-confederacy. Good to see it's all the same things. Post anymore paintings you have. I'm a Virginian who named my son after Stonewall Jackson.

I get kinda stupidly emotional over these old civil war paintings...i feel like a (i hate this term) "neckbeard"

>Jackson is With You! depicts a critical moment during the Battle of Cedar Mountain when Stonewall was taken by surprise and had to rally his men who had broken under a sudden unexpected and uncharacteristic thrust by Union troops under Nathaniel Banks. Jackson, unable to draw his sword from its scabbard, unfastened it from its straps and waved it about while shouting the print's title. Fortunately his men rallied, and supported by A. P. Hill's Division were able to counterattack and drive Banks from the field.

Don Troiani is GOAT

Cool but Old Guard wasn't atacking british center at Waterloo. It was the middle guard. Young Guard and Old Guard except for 1 batalion which remained at Napoleon's side were fully commited against prussians for a quite long time at that point along with another 20k french troops.

Fucking coneheads

same here

I have an empathy with US grunts in Vietnam

>Look what she was hiding. See what she was running for.: A fucking puppy

Game over, man.

>Y will NEVER EVER raise in arms with your bros and neighbors to fight for the true king, God and the old law.

>You wont slay treacherous cunts from the tableland using gramps trusty ole sabre

Feels very bad

This

I love thinking about Bronze Age warfare and how, I'm the middle of a battle, you'd have to grab a rock and use it to bend your sword/spearheadinto a straight point again so you could continue slaughtering people.

Is there only one artist who does 17th century soldiery?

Where did you get the impression bronze bends easily? It's harder than iron.

>brainless killing machine
>mostly getting the highes duties in bureaucracy

That's an absurd lie. The Janissaries were front line troops for centuries.

>Ottoman society
>Not a brainless killing machine

Best way to become Sultan was to murder every male remotely related to you.

The Caroleans, they're basically everything I like about line battles taken to 11.

It is almost a statistically insignificant number who achieved so much power. The vast majority were grunts and guards.

Idk but the autor of these Only makes paints about the spanish history I think

Fun fact: They made a law forbidding the sultans from spilling their brothers' blood so it became a tradition of strangulating them upon your ascension.

Sounds baller tbqh

Slavs are subhuman anyway

>peasants, rednecks and lowly lordships
>practically never lost the war
>fought off whole central europe for decades
>beat off four crusades, mostly in outnumbered battles
>one of those shat itself and started running just after hearing them sing
>had to be beaten by their own kind since nobody else was able to
No army was more badass than them

Hardly subhumans if they made it from a bunch of nameless slaves to literally ruling the Ottoman empire and even imprisoning the Sultan at one point.

They're basically a Christian version of ISIS, if ISIS wasn't shit at fighting.