/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

ZAP Edition

Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we wizards now

we majik n buffs

I've been playing since the original game released and only JUST realized how effective Ecliptic Slash is for staggering the shit out of dragons. I cleared the fight in half the time it took last time, no casualties. How did I never realize this?

Also, she seems to be making pretty good use of the bow. I at least haven't noticed any tard behavior or anything.

Kept you waiting huh?

>only four tries
I have a reliable method for dealing with Death now, he just gets me by surprise sometimes. Took me forever to figure out how to do it though.

we wuz wizards an sheeeit

I wonder how was the fight before this because skills being canceled and pawns cancelling is pure hell

Judging by the self holy buff, I'm guessing it was a pretty easy fight. Holy focused bolt is the top meta for casters VS Daimon.

>Ecliptic Slash
Dragons maw was my only tool against dragons in my past Arisen, now i have to try Warrior

It's pretty tough at first but it becomes doable once you know all the tricks. When a dragon flies, jumping light attacks can hit the tip of their tails and a single hit to it usually has enough impact to knock them down. That alone solves half the problem since you're lacking ranged attacks.

1v1 strategy:
>fight Dragon normally until it gets knocked down
>immediately charge Arc when the falling animation starts
>as soon as Dragon stands up, your Arc will be fully charged if you synched the animation and charge time properly
>Dragon is knocked over by the Arc
>immediately begin charging another Arc and repeat until Dragon is dead

Multiple dragons is a lot harder. Basically you want to use your non-Arc attacks to knock one dragon down, then rush the second one and knock it down next. If you're fast enough, the first dragon will be getting up as the second one falls down, so you then go back to him and knock him back down and just keep alternating to keep them both stunlocked as much as possible. You need pawns (Sorcs work best for me) to actually deal the damage in this scenario but it's a workable strategy, especially now that I realized how effective Ecliptic Slash is for it. It has such huge range that you can normally inflict some stagger on both dragons at once if they're both in melee range.

Exodus Slash is mandatory (especially Exodus cancelling) though. You can't survive dragons (or any high level enemies really) without its i-frames.

noice, i'll start to try with one dragon, and i'm glad to see Catalina using her bow

She's been pretty good so far. Haven't had to revive her very often either. Uses the bow quite a bit too. I'm about to fight Daimon, so we'll see how she does there.

You need any pawns by the way? I got a few (200 Sorc, 180~ Warrior, 122 Strider).

Nice, i hope she does a god job there, and i've already increased her level if you want to update her.
And yes, pls i'll need your Strider

Strider's GT is "Sunlite Third"

Don't send me any valuable gifts, I got everything I need. Actually I still need level 3 armors on that account but I can farm them myself on my main.

Thanks mang
don't worry about youre gif

Just had one of my easiest Daimon runs with Catalina. We managed to stunlock his second form to death after his first vortex. He didn't even get to go into his huddled up glowing animation with how bad he was stunlocked. Catalina is confirmed for based.

Also, messed with her outfit a little. I always liked the corsets more than the whatchacallit piece. Also scarfs > capes.

Gonna send her back in a sec, I'm done for the night.

Thanks m8! That's good to know about how she stands in combat.
That corset on her looks bretty gud, more red is always good

Also thanks for the BB3 weapon and the RC, i really really needed that

I'm gonna wait for the summer sale and get this game on PC, i'm gonna have so much fun with more stable FPS

Don't fool yourself, more FPS does not equal a brand new game.

I dunno m8, when I played this on PS3 I never ever used High Maelstrom or did anything Mystic Knight or Magick Archer related because it killed my framerate.
The PC version really did give me new content, in a way.

That was you being weird.

it's more like wanting a better experience, i haven't tried MK because it drops FPS at hihg speed, the same with other games i'm planning to get this sale

Ah, I see. MK is good to play on PC, it's true.

>other games

What are you planning on getting?

The new Dirt Rally game, payday 2 or a game with an nice discount

Did stuff earlier

ye, some of these are dark

cooking after hours

time to sleep

cozy dates

scenic qt

g'night ser

golem battles too

close calls

>oneechan bara surprise release on Steam
>don't want to pay full price

muh

added explosives

unnoticed golem faces

accidental chain butts

stoic finishes

repeating water textures

cloudy dawns

and the final shot

>all these comfy, foggy screenshots

the best, love it

>elf comrades of the white wolf coat

Can my elf join the white wolf club too guys?

Welcome aboard. I thought she was a giant.

>tfw you're level 19 getting your shit smacked by skelly sorcs and the only pawn in the party that isn't shit is yours

My baby ;_;

>Yfw be this cool.

At least with dragons dogma I canvass magic dildos.

She's a giant elf. Best of both worlds.

He burned good.

I remember to all of you, that today /ddg/ WON'T play. Our match is scheduled tomorrow, same hitbox channel (I can't write it because it's considered spam, thanks Hiro, implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_League_6 here you should find the link of the stream), at 18:30 UTC.

>I remember to
It's "remind to".

That's actually a very nice screenshot. Took me a minute to figure out where it was from.

Thanks

Can't wait for the next match. Last one had me hype, it's getting intense as we progress

>Will never sleep in a cozy tree house with a qt ale brewing witch

Such is life.

Good night guys.

So...

E3, huh?

Sequel possible. Why port a series you plan to abandon? And the game sold well so...maybe.

>DD2 and RE2 Remaster being actually good

Please Capcom, you can do it, it's the only thing I ask from E3.

They ported it for a quick cash grab.
Everything was ready, so...

What would you guys like to see in a sequel. New weapons, classes, playable pawns etc?

Co-op multiplayer

Not this.

Has Capcom ever announced new games at E3?

I have potato computer and a PS3, is the game good on PS3? My friend said "you'd get 15-20 fps at most", is he correct?

It's not that bad but it does get low. I've seen worse running games.

However you might be able to play it on potato.

morning already
time for some virtual soccer

All that you said and
>elf characters and story elements.

I want to see these guys as part of the DD world. Maybe orcs also.

i still want to see it.
some of these teams put on some neat aesthetics and goalhorns

anyone want some rents?

Robin, lvl 200 Sorc

I want to get back into this game, but a man can only run BBI so many times before it gets dull so I plan to start a new file.

If I backup my save, I could theoretically re-upload my pawn later on, right? I think she has only gotten 1 /ddg/ hire in the last month anyway.

I already have an alt account and making a -second- alt account just for Dragon's Dogma sounds like kind of a pain.

yes sir.
Starting anew is a pretty awesome experience.

Use a save manager.

Just start a new game on your alt.

>he doesn't have three alt accounts just for DD

>only three

>more than one

It's four if you include my main account

>only one

Is 'e best. It's cool to slap ur past character if you new game plus, but that's where the advantages stop.

Imma new game in a couple of weeks and join you guys here when the summer heats up. It's gonna be nostalgic as fuck cuz I players my first playtrough on xbox when the summer was it's hottest a lotta years back.

My DD experience shall end the way it started.

>only four

I have nine total. It's safe to say I would enjoy platform crossplay and multiple saves in a future Dogma title.

Is it normal that I barely do any damage unless I get my weapons booned?

Lv 28 Strider

You probably need new weapons.

get new weapons, upgrade them

Welp okay, any tips?
I've only ever seen daggers and bows at the shop in Gran Soren.

That's the only good shop in the beginning. Better stuff unlocks as you advance the main story.
If you can't buy, try enhancing your present weapons.

if you want some cheese
make a dash for the tip of the spear at hillfigure then just ferrystone out. pretty strong for early game.

I was wondering; where does /ddg/ have their portcrystals? Excluding the preset portcrystals, what one do you use most often?

Greatwall, Bluemoon Tower, and most of the resting camps. Also one in front of the quarry.

>The fortress where the griffon flies to
>Shadowfort
>Hillfigure knoll, right on top of the heart of the man in the ground
Then I start placing the rest in areas right in the center of two crystals, excluding the witchwood since its so easy to abuse the ledge near cassardis

I'm so lazy I placed a portcrystal in that ledge

Greatwall Encampment , Shadow Fort, Cursewood (next to the monastery), Bloodwater Beach, Bluemoontower
we can put down eight of them, right?

oh, well that's quite a few of them then