Cryptocurrency

Are cryptocurrencies worth investing in? Is there something to look forward to in these business?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B4YGpWxyn6Y
video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000539966
youtube.com/watch?v=oDD1tW59Mjg#t=1m14s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, but only if you have enough time to sit online for a couple of hours a day trying to figure out which ones are worth buying into.

No there is nothing to look forward to. If you enjoy trying to play the game with a bunch of con artist pump and dumpers, then go for it.

not really, no

make real investments

long term id recommend siacoin

youtube.com/watch?v=B4YGpWxyn6Y

>something to look forward to
The time when Banks, Investment funds and other financial institutions start to buy into cryptocurrencies.

All they ever did until now was investing in some inhouse blockchain research and some VC's pumped money in a few crypto payment providers, but no institution got strategic investments in Bitcoin or any other crypto currency. This is why Bitcoin jerks around 9 billion market cap and even many promising Altcoins are sub 100 million market cap. Few people with actual money buy into it and college students, NEETs and freelance neckbeard programmers usually don't have much money to invest.
However, this will change as Cryptocoinfolks grow older and start making money. Also many financial institutions soon will put the infrastructur and legal framework for institutional cryptoinvesting into place:
Video related -> video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000539966 (Interesting comment from Fund manager starts at 1:00 )

And since there is almost no institutional money involved I think bitcoin and all other cryptocurrencies trade at a huge discount. This is like the asian tiger states in the early 60's, or internet in the very early 90's.

It's there, it's good, but many people and the banks still think it's mostly bullshit and fun and games and not a serious investment for millions and billions of dollars..

they are worth investing.. but its a gamble. dont put all your money on crypto. everything is a PnD.. If you enjoy that sort of stuff, like I do. Then you're in for a treat.

Once the people that control wealth and investments for wealthy people start realizing how significant Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are, there will be huge inflows of money into the market. Comperatively few of the top 10-20% of richest people that control 80-90% of all wealth are invested. These people are at least in their 40s and 50s on average and many are way older. This is why they have almost no knowledge of cryptocurrencies and hence there is still gigantic potential in Bitcoin and all other crypto currencies since both have mostly been a youth/student/programmer phenomenon.

Magic will happen. Faster than ever before.
youtube.com/watch?v=oDD1tW59Mjg#t=1m14s

>However, this will change as Cryptocoinfolks grow older and start making money.
grow older yes, start making money no

>grow older yes, start making money no
Maybe you.
Most students and lurkers that discovered Bitcoin in it's early days will soon be able to save and invest money for their retirement and I bet many will not want to invest In a skewed and fucked with stock market but rather in Bitcoin.

and what of those who tried to sell their bitcoins but received death threats not to do so?

Sia and Storjcoin are both very far in developement and also up and running right now, but I think in the long therm Maidsafe will be more dominant since it offers more functionality. That said it's also thinkable that a co-existence happens as with the various contemporary centralized cloud-storage providers.

In the very long term I think Agoras and it's Tau-Network couldl probably be superior to them all but Tau's devs are still laying the theoretical foundation, so any release at all (if it ever gets released ;)) ) it probably like 3 years into the future.

>Tau-Network
I meant Tau-Chain

nimirum.org is a good one with a future

[spoiler alert]

The REAL question is:

Which exchange and which wallet?

I know that the smartest decision is download the official wallet for each currency you have holdings in and regularly paper-backup, but come on... I'm not going to wait hours to download a fucking 8GB blockchain. Plus if I want to actually SPEND the money I need to have it on a mobile device.

But then, which exchange do you recommend? Who's used LocalBitcoin for example?

I fucking hate trumpcoin but lold at that pic

Buying on LocalBitcoins is for complete dumbasses. You just can get the same exchange rate you can get through major exchanges. Expect to pay - at least- 5% over market price, sometimes much more. The smart move would be to buy through an exchange and sell on LocalBitcoins. It needs much much more competition on there before the rates become competitive. Nobody with half a brain buys any bitcoin through there.

>You just can
You just can't*

buy btc on coinbase
put the btc on polo
keep all your altcoins on polo too

its not fugging hard

>inb4 omg so risky to keep btc on an exchange

fugg off retards exchanges are safe as fugg

Not sure if troll or PoloShill transitioning from Mt.gox/Bitfinex...

You should watch Tai Zen on Youtube if you are new to crypto.

Yes, but only Eth, TrumpCoin and maybe nxt

CV2 coin on yobit at 1 satoshi ready for a major pump if you can get in now