Give me a reason not to buy one share on BRK-A?

Give me a reason not to buy one share on BRK-A?

Buttcoin is not a reason.

No dividends

Dividends are not tax efficient especially here in Europe.

Warren Buffet will croak at any minute and so with Berkshires' stock price.

moment*
will*

Buffet's responsibility of the company is very small. His employees' funds already do better profit than himself.

>Give me a reason not to buy one share on BRK-A?
Because BRK-B has the same performance, but the lower per/share price promotes greater liquidity and transactional efficiency.

/thread

>inb4 you can't /thread your own reply
>read that mother-fucking intelligent reply
>/thread

If you are so intelligent, give me one reason not to buy BRK-B then?

That won't stop the current shareholders from panic selling. Once that happens that is when you buy.

That literally does not matter because the stock market is not objective, and you're stupid if you think his death won't make the price tank.

What's a good reason to buy BRK-A? Surely there are other safe blue chips with comparable returns but much higher liquidity?

b b b ut markets are effective? r r ight college teacher?

>If you are so intelligent, give me one reason not to buy BRK-B then?
If, like me, you already own enough of it to meet your diversification goals.

How do I get started with blue chip investing? I have a copy of Security Analysis and The Zulu Principle which I'm slowly reading

You open a broker and buy a fund that owns household name brands.

Berkshire is good, but basically a stock version of the S&P500. Just buy the index instead, or better yet, don't fucking buy it now because it's been loitering around the maximum it'll reach for over a year. You'll thank me when it fucks off back down all the way to 1100. THEN you can buy Berkshire again, although I'd still advise just buying the index it more or less tracks in the first place.

>it's been loitering around the maximum it'll reach
Holy shit, are you a wizard? What are tomorrow's winning lotto numbers?

It's a good value investment but the growth prospects look questionable

1) What happens when their #1 marketing asset - Warren Buffett dies?

I know the employees make money, but WB is their rock star.

2) How is this different from index funds?

3) What happens if there is a scandal in the company with one of its employees that affects the stock price?

I don't see why I should buy the Berkshire stock over index funds.

You have been telling about a new crisis for three years in a row. Probably you will be right in a few years.

BRK has better track record than index funds and has the portfolio has more big brands.

But Bitcoin is.

Buffet is just a figurehead. He has little to no involvement with the company anymore.

BRK has a pretty good track record. The price is the only thing that's ever stopped me from buying in. I'm happy with index funds. If price isn't an issue, go for it though.

>the price
>148USD/share
>choose one

Berkshire had doubled the performance of the S&P 500 since the index was created, you stupid cow.

I meant directly owning shares, not investing in funds. I already invest in a number of vanguard funds, diversified well, and legal & general bonds