/msg/ - Maplestory General

>ARAN AND EVAN REVAMP PROBABLY THIS MONTH OR EARLY NEXT MONTHCurrent Events & News:

maplestory.nexon.net/news/10884/take-a-world-tour-6-2-6-20
maplestory.nexon.net/news/10886/2x-exp-drop-event-6-4-6-5
maplestory.nexon.net/news/10876/cash-shop-specials-6-1-6-7

General Info (Thank you to whoever restored it):
docs.google.com/document/d/1T8cObkaXeOrFRfg_QhxisioyEWdNzGPqe3mUJHEgFF4

Discord: Ask in the thread for an invite link.

>Aries
8x/4x/6x v171+ (Updates alongside GMS).
aries.elluel.net/

>Ellinia
5x/1x/2x v162.4 GMS-like. Dream server.
maple.ellinia.net/
>BUDDY SUZURAN OR LEAVE NAME IN THREAD FOR A GUILD INVITE.Dawnveil
4x/1x/2x v169.1 GMS-like.
dawnveil.net/

>GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIAL SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.
Apply to Waifus/Casuals if you're in Windia, Pay2Win, MotherBase or LOVE in Reboot.
maplestory.nexon.net

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

orangemushroom.net/2016/03/20/maplestory-user-discussion-5th-job-confirmed-for-2016/
maplesimulator.com/bannedstory/program
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for dawnveil never

2nd for ez 4-5b

>2x EXP & Drop this weekend

so i got an anvil and i anviled a ht shirt to my top but if my calculations are correct we're gonna get more anvils
my question is what the fuck do i anvil

Dead game dead thread . I'm guessing it'll hit 140 posters before it does again

khroa

sux

>try out Ursus
>get to the red sky phase
>remaining lives 10
How the fuck can one be so bad and die so many times even before the map is filled with bombs

ursus is shit anyways

>gives Crimson flames and css and boss dmg cash gears and decent titles with wa and pdr
No it's not

ok fellas lets try this once more. we're gonna play a game, i say something good about old maplestory, you say something good about new maplestory. that way i can prove to you fat chinese kids once and for all that old maplestory is better and we can all feel bad that its gone together.

ok ill start. old maplestory's slower game pacing encourages you to socialize and make cool new online friends. your turn. please keep it civil.

"New maple" has content

Ursus is fun shit

New MapleStory actually has something called "progression" at a "reasonable pace" so you can actually do things like "participate in bosses without having to grind for a month straight."

I liked how big the maps were in old maple, and that upgrading was just scrolling, or hoping you got good stuff to merch from gach.

I like new maple's skills and faster pace more.

new maple has more cute hats

old maple had more cute people

>please keep it civil.
>calls us fat Chinese kids
Nice.

>old maplestory's slower game pacing encourages you to socialize and make cool new online friends
No, it didn't. All the social interactions weren't forced or encouraged and they still aren't, yet you'll find yourself constantly talking to people in Henesys, joining a guild, talking about items, etc.

Among the many upgrades that current maplestory has brought, one is that your progression is much more noticeable and you don't have to spam Genesis at skeles or Arrow Rain at wolf spiders for months, just to be able to ATTEMPT zak (which now doesn't require a group of people).
Ever notice how nostalgia servers always have 2x exp or higher? Yeah.

>>ARAN AND EVAN REVAMP PROBABLY THIS MONTH OR EARLY NEXT MONTH

>implying questing isnt worse

>All the social interactions weren't forced or encouraged
Playing with others certainly was forced pretty hard, because elsewise you would have to spend your fucking life savings on MP and HP pots.

>you would have to spend your fucking life savings on MP and HP pots.
But that's what everyone on Broa did.

what a bunch of shitters
but yeah generally maplestory was more social because the bosses were a tad bit more harder to do and the MMO community overall sucked less dick back then

this goes for all MMOs

I heard people talkin shit bout the Reboot server, is it shit? I reinstalled the game and it was all fancy and up top so I went, did I make a mistake?

When will partying ever be good?
Literally the only mmo that punishes you for being a party always getting shittier exp

Everyone here will shittalk maple, but it is not because of hate, it is of undying love.
>Literally the only mmo that punishes you for being a party always getting shittier exp
Literally every MMO.

i disagree! i feel that interaction was encouraged. not necessarily good interaction, though. I played cleric from 2006 and would group with people whenever i wanted to level. made tons of friends, some of them i still know 10 years later. there was a lot more channel stealing bullshit and ks war drama for sure.

i too miss creeping on 13 year old asian girls

yep, the old game's pacing was brutal. new game is certainly a lot faster. i didn't mind the reasonably fast pacing around mechanic's release, it took about a week of no-lifing to hit 120.

i don't know if i'd call current ms's progress a reasonable pace, mainly because you can pay to skip all of it

Explain why it's a failure in KMS then. Even the developers said it sucked.

orangemushroom.net/2016/03/20/maplestory-user-discussion-5th-job-confirmed-for-2016/

wow and ffxiv don't do that

>Users asked if there were any thoughts to improve party play since many high level players simply have users afk on ropes while they train.
GOD BLESS KOREANS
FINALLY WANTING TO ACTUALLY PLAY WITH OTHER PEOPLE HOLY SHIT
>DEVELOPERS ARE AFARID OF IT SPOOKING AWAY NEW PLAYERS
FUCK YOU

LF > strong warrior to decimate my boipussy x3c ~

sup

>HUHEHUEHUEHUE I REPORT YOU
The hacking/cheating community was tons better than the regular players back when I played. They were really chill.

>the bosses were a tad bit more harder to do and the MMO community overall sucked less dick back then

every community was better back then because there were less people on the internet in general
the bigger a community the shittier it is

classic shag

>2006
>game poorly optimized
>zakum cause massive 20 sec lag spike to average pc
>random dc or game close extremely common
>most people are schoolchildren who get kicked off by parents at 8pm
>need to recruit tons of obese, greasy dejected children who bothered to reach a high level on anime mmo
>they need to be online at the same time (gms was not region locked)
>they need to still be willing to help boss after they've looted their helm / pendant / book
>they need to not get tired and quit the game, when all they do is press 1 button for 45 minutes
the actual killing has always been trivial but dog damn

sorry user I think you missed your reply there :))

>party play alienating new players
It makes it so people play together and get new friends. Reeee that's dumb

When do i get my goden egg totem?
How can i get fusion anvil coupons? Can I get more than 1?

Do hero event. And yes you do it for 2days on any character and put it in cash shop. All explorers share cash and you can just make a level 33 mule for other classes.

5th job when

So I could theorically make a lot of explorer mules and anvil my entire set? That'd be amazing.

is this clover event good?
i dont think so

What, these? They don't answer shit.

/!\ BANNEDSTORY UPDATED /!\
maplesimulator.com/bannedstory/program

laggy af shit app do not use

Does he have 5 fingers and a thumb or 4 fingers and a huge ass thumb?

Anyone can give more info?

Anyone else too primitive to appreciate change and innovation and play old servers?

Where my royals @

cool pokemon

Is Jett good yet?

>get anvil
>think i can finally use it to get rid of these shit trixter equips
>can't use them because they both gotta be the same gender

Fuuuuuuck

>not 104 att
Disgusting

>spanish bull minigame
>dark sight and afk

:^)

>spanish bull minigame
>kill the bulls because you've got to be retarded to be weak enough to not be able to kill them

how shitty are you exactly? damn.

>being retarded enough to spend time killing bulls instead of idling while doing some productive stuff

>playing a thief
you tell me XxSasukeXxXxXUchihaxX

>stop liking what i don't like!

That name is already in use.

>nexon_NA_activating_2x_event.jpg

Does the Reboot server also get 2x exp and drop?

Bump

Last time I'll bump this question and thread out of page 10. If it's still unanswered then I'll just ask reddit. At least they're not dead as fuck in here.

memes

does it still?
I thought when they demolished the party play zone, it was in order to give party play rates all the time.

new maplers be like

know dad

korean devs are the cancer killing korean games

cc pls

Where was that posted? Cause that's not an issue in KMS, you know, where the actual developers are, because they have people who do their job and police the game to get rid of those faggots, and botters. Maybe if GMS admins weren't so lazy, it might not be such a big issue.

>try out new map in black heaven with my best buds in game
>kanna and hs all ready,killing tons of mob and having great fun Wih party
>secretly left party to see how much being a party would beat solo in exp
>battle statistics showed I'm getting twice the exp solo in a course of 5 minutes
Why?
So I'm expected to bring my own kanna and hs mule then grind alone?

what

royalsfag again I guess

Royals likes new maple though

that's from an user discussion hold at Nexon Korea’s office in Pangyo

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS

the football is simply being juggled between either of the smiley face's feet, an age-old trick, yet the smiley is beyond elated over these goings on. therefore the picture represents being easily entertained.

Hey guys. Can someone add Shotacon to the guild? Thanks.

specify

Sorry, ElliniaMS.

Yeah dude it was totally me. Didn't you know that 90% of these generals are me samefagging?

Can you add me as well: czarnicky

floating shag

what happened to oakfables?

They added more?
That's rad.

I think i'm gonna get around to doing this too

So what happend to mapple story 2

Yeah, I think I'm going to make every paladin skill and put them on my wall, would be a nice thing.

ded
as
fuck