/kspg/ - Krunk Sagan Posturing General

/agdg/ devs post progress here edition

>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, KSP should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (career mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and memory leaks that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in thread for details.

>What are the devs doing?
Modified versions of popular mods are being included in the stock game while the game engine is being upgraded to its latest version. The most recent update (1.1) was supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, be 64bit friendly, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. While achieving some of these goals, the game is now more unstable than ever, with many users being unable to use the game at all. An external team with heavily questionable experience (Flying Tiger Entertainment) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U, with a release deadline that seems to keep slipping.

>Should I buy the game?
KSP is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Oops!". The Developers, Squad, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial PR tactics. The general consensus at /kspg/ is that you should torrent the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Squad does not deserve your money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CEokST_Ezpk
youtube.com/watch?v=jUAr2lWXen4
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/
spacedock.info/
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg
alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/
ksp.olex.biz/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-105-swashs-delta-v-map
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/
raceintospace.org
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html
pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-devs-hope-to-add-budgets-reputation-in-2014
imgur.com/a/XZsT3
polygon.com/features/2014/1/27/5338438/kerbal-space-program
plausiblydeniable.com/opinion/gsf.html
github.com/ferram4/Ferram-Aerospace-Research/wiki/Notes-on-stability-derivatives
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Previous Thread: >Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=CEokST_Ezpk (unembed)
>Dev Stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=jUAr2lWXen4 (unembed)
>FAQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE (unembed)
>Game site
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/

>KSP mods
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0 (RLA probe parts, /kspg/ exclusive)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c (forum mod list)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/ (mod subforums)
spacedock.info/ (community mod repository)

>Flags
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0

>Party-approved rendezvous and cat dicking tutorials
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg (unembed)
>Some useful calculators
alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/ (doesn't work w/ new aero)
ksp.olex.biz/ (phase angle calculator, for planning trips to other planets)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-105-swashs-delta-v-map (deltaV map)

>Official forum
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

>Hotkeys for operating your craft that are never mentioned anywhere else.
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY (unembed)

i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png (unembed)
>Official /kspg/ fan fiction
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if (unembed)
>List of IRL launches.
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

>View from the ISS:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

>Race Into Space
raceintospace.org

>Original BARIS for DOSBox scaling and filters and shit
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html

snek, BARIS, Orbiter, Space Engine, OpenTTD, Take On Mars, Project CARS, ULA posting, Aurora, TRUMP 2016, abu ali al-scatterer-khan, yuri, /agdg/, and planes are also welcome ITT. Turning the thread to shit and ruining the thread's comfiness is not.

>dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/
Aw fuck, now I have to go get the server back up and set up. Sit tight. How long has this been there?

TRUMP 2016

GAS THE SCHIZOS

pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-devs-hope-to-add-budgets-reputation-in-2014

In 2013, Maxmaps took the wheel, pretending to be a marketer / CM / dev to the fanbase, when in reality he was placed in charge of making sure the final product did not scale beyond the $5mil of our money Adrian and Ezequiel were actually allowing to be spent on the development of KSP.

So, with the cancelling of resources and DLCgate, we saw the future drastically narrow down to a point. This shift was embodied by Maxmaps' continually repeated statement that "sandbox is scope complete" -- we must deconstruct this statement to fully understand the multifaceted meanings. This will take time.

What is important is that in this moment a paradigm was created. A paradigm that suggested "sandbox" was a complete iteration of the game and therefore a major milestone. When in fact it was an arbitrary and artificial line in the sand designed to limit expenditure so that the majority of the invested money could be fraudulently embezzled.

By "moving on" to career mode, they created a false equivalency suggesting career and sandbox were two facets of an overall thing. When they failed to deliver career in a timely manner, science mode was added. Another one of Max's failed promises leading to a compromised feature in the game.

After resourcegate and the declaration that Sandbox was "scope complete," we saw all development begin to pace itself based on business deals rather than development capacity. Every update after this took 6 months, and failures to move the NASA deal along quickly enough led to completely mutilating .23 through .24, which would have been fantastic updates chock full of content if half the content didn’t need to be removed to satisfy an NDA.

And then of course, begins the true Max regime of .25 on.

Ending the false paradigm means returning to the mindset of 2013, reopening Sandbox’s scope, and, if the fanbase cares enough, scrapping and redoing career.

>being this mad about replying to old posts

BIG

LONG

EMBEZZLEMENT

BUTTHURT

EUROSLIME

you let the thread die. apologize.

This thread, and the white race in general, deserves it.

Server is online and I'm restoring from a backup I made. Once the files finish transferring and DNS propogates we should be back to normal.

>the thread deserves it
Remind us why you're here again?

To demonize MAN and drive all his friends away from him.

>he supports the false paradigm

Jesus we get ded on the weekend.

Keep this up, and I'm going to start to believe that we're all paid shills that get the weekend off, or something.

Why did Harv quit?

Probably because he's not allowed to work on his own game because that'd mean they'd have to pay him, and what little coding skill he has still manages to make their locally hired """talent""" look bad

I wonder when he started separating from the group. Pre-or-post-Maxmaps getting fired

Probably either DLC-gate or when Max was hired

No no, I mean like when he stopped participating in the weekly devnotes

can you imagine reading this from the guy you trusted?

imgur.com/a/XZsT3

Hullo everyone.

Oh fuck off

butthurt

Yes I fucking am

it's okay Max, maybe you'll reincarnate as something more sophisticated and useful, like a grasshopper.

It's like everything I've told you just went in one ear and out the other

/kspg/ no bully.

/kspg/ love each other.

Reeeeeee

Ok guys, any tutorials to FAR and its gibberish built-in analysis ?

I just want to talk about Harv. He is the life force of KSP, its soul, its animating spirit.

And now he's gone. Just after Squad's veil fell and we all saw them for the cheating hucksters they are.

It's just so interesting. How much do you think Harv made off ksp? I'm guessing just his salary.

And the rest is Adrian's and Ezequiels to use on whatever they want! Record Labels, Movie Studios, whatever! And none of it has to be used on KSP. Hilarious!

Then go tell the subreddit or the fourms all about it.
No one here cares.

>And the rest is Adrian's and Ezequiels to use on whatever they want! Record Labels, Movie Studios, whatever!
What the hell are you referring to ? I've surely missed something here.

user you and I both know all great KSP revolutions have started here.

Your self admitted purpose for being here is oppositional to your desire to be here.

You are an occupying force. I'm comfy at home. You don't even propose an alternative topic because all you can think to do is clumsily isolate me.

So let's talk about Harv. I miss him already. ;-;

Me too.

Let's talk about medications and how you should take them.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

/kspg/ must love each other forever no matter what.

Where do you live yuri-chan ?

>user you and I both know all great KSP revolutions have started here
i would pay money to know if you really believe what you're typing here

it's become a philosophical question for me

Is he MAN ?

I live in North Texas. But I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago.

How about you, friend?

Reporting

Hullo

Hullo

Hiya raceanon.

Hey Snek, how are you today?

Just woke up after sleeping in with my qt husband, probably going to watch some animu but not biyori

L E M A N S
E
M
A
N
S

Sounds like a good Saturday to me. :3

I'm still in bed, my qt girlfriend is still sleeping with her arms around me so I don't want to get up and wake her.

This afternoon we've got a date night planned though so I'm looking forward to that.

>but not Biyori
Finish it.

I didn't like it user.

Why

They admitted 3 years ago that they were using the Early Access profits to work on setting up a record label, and producing a film that they had wanted to make.

>sleeping in with my qt husband
Are you a female, snek ? or just homosexual ?

It was slow

Wow. Yeah you need to stop watching it altogether so you don't stain it with your hot opinions. ;^)))))

>polygon.com/features/2014/1/27/5338438/kerbal-space-program

>Squad is not becoming a publisher per se, rather an incubator for the passion projects of its staff. Ayarza has finished the script for his first movie, which will be produced by Squad. Goya is creating a record label and composing, all funded by Squad. And there are other projects in the works from other Squad members. Now that KSP has left orbit, the sky is the limit for the other members of the larger team.

They assumed their followup projects would be successful and they could use the money to keep everything gravy. Or they fully understood they could embezzle the funds by siphoning them off into "destined-to-fail" projects.

They spent our investments before they ever even completed sandbox mode. They committed a crime and they will be held accountable, due to their failure to deliver a complete, stable 1.0 game.

It was boring user. I was not entertained and the story was not very original. :^)

Sounds like you pulled those out of your ass, though. It wasn't up to your alley because it's meant to be "healing" anime, it will obviously be slow as fuck because they didn't want to generate any tension to the viewer.

You're fingers are like fucking sausages. Wtf?

No bullying!

he is teh gay

>not being a literal fat faggot
Come on it's 1437.

I was told it was 'better than nichijou' and it wasn't. That's the only reason I watched it.

Nice meme user!

Well, it is better than Nichijou.

Anything is better than nichijou, including forced self-mutilation.

I'm probably the only french guy on /kspg/. So, yeah, living in Paris.

Nigga why don't you come to le mans?

It sounds like what you need is some 08th MS Team.

Hey, that's pretty cool! I've always wanted to travel the world and Paris is definitely near the top of my list

No bully please

Never been there. Except for the annual racing stuff it's known as boring-as-fuck-town.

I'd like to visit the US someday and Chicago is one of my destination of choice.

Yeah...there is exactly that event in two weeks, you should come

All bully.
Boys should love girls.
Girls should stop being so far up their asses.

Loving one another is a meme.

There are two key philosophies when running a community:
"Everyone's welcome"
and
"FIFO [Fit In or Fuck Off]"

While at first "Everyone's welcome" would appear to be preferable, leading to a less toxic community and less circlejerk-y attitudes, it actually ends up wasting everyone's time. When you make a post the community doesn't like in an EW community, it is simply ignored, but you're left with a question: is it being ignored because it's annoying the community, or because it's just not very interesting? If the latter, you can keep going until you find someone who shares your interest. If the former and you keep going then the EW community will eventually seek to FIFO you while officially maintaining the EW philosophy.

By comparison, a FIFO community like Veeky Forums often ends up tolerating more unusual opinions since the effect of "Kill yourself" posts is very limited anyway, especially when users are anonymous instead of pseudonymous. You can get quick feedback on what the community thinks of your views without worrying that they're just being polite.

EW communities replacement of an overt signal of disapproval seeks to make the community look good to the detriment of those not desired and ultimately to the detriment of the community itself as it becomes an increasingly cliquish circlejerk that chokes out new blood by ignoring their posts and personalities in favour of old established bloodlines. Compliments are nothing without insults to provide contrast. When someone in a FIFO community like Veeky Forums approves of your post, you generally know it's because they approve and not because they're giving the minimum reply necessary to be polite. [Sometimes while not "0 replies" ignored, you end up getting generic replies by those trying to look polite.]

This isn't really related to "loving each other" on KSP at all. It's just the easiest excuse to type this out since I thought of re-purposing the FIFO acronym while lying in bed.

>FIFO
LMAO

/kspg/ is a LEOF [Love Each Other Forever] zone.

Meds are required

this desu desu

You say love each other, but eventually you will find someone unlovable.

And when that day comes, you have to decide: Do you ignore him, or do you tell him the truth?
Either way, he suffers.

I'm not who you think I am.

>You say love each other, but eventually you will find someone unlovable.

>And when that day comes, you have to decide: Do you ignore him, or do you tell him the truth?
>Either way, he suffers.

Truest truth. I can relate to this. I don't want fake words from people I don't know shit about. I just want to have some fun.

plausiblydeniable.com/opinion/gsf.html

Read this shit.

I think there's more to it than that though, that's dated from 2003... Do you really think things haven't changed since then?

i don't know about that, i've read the first 2 points so far and they ring true for me both on Veeky Forums and in irl d&d groups i've dm'd or played in.

i think people assume geek culture has changed because its pop culture presence has skyrocketed and it's become a little political. geek cliques themselves though are the same as they were in 1995 with the exception of more fat girls.

Same here. I'm sharing this shit.

A very long time

>replying to 1 year and 229 day old posts

github.com/ferram4/Ferram-Aerospace-Research/wiki/Notes-on-stability-derivatives

That honestly looks like a 16 years old's diary entry.

2003 was a different time for web design.

i can only assume that's because you disagree with it. it's pretty rambling but that's because it was written by a sperg back in the golden age of shitty blogs, not because the writer was a teenager.

POST BURD OR I WILL SHILLPOST KSP

Well, I tend to disagree with groundless assertions in general. Here the amount of conjectures is off charts. To me it's just some random guy throwing out his feelings about a buzzword based on his personal life.

here you go

You sound triggered.

Das not a burd.
Are you trying to cheat me?

>To me it's just some random guy throwing out his feelings
it's a blog you dense fuck, he's putting his thoughts out there so you can accept or reject them and thus adjust or reaffirm your own beliefs. this is literally how interpersonal communications in subjective areas of knowledge are supposed to work.

i hate how prevalent aspies are on the internet, they're so bad at anything that isn't a hard science.

>tfw suspect I'm a sperg, but absolutely love ambiguity because it lets me hide things while still expressing myself: in one reading the words say exactly what I want, in another they say more vapid or incoherent but socially acceptable things.
not sure i'll ever get a definitive answer to whether i'm a sperg or not though, since i'm pretty sure diagnosis just comes down to how i present myself.

please don't die

>For one thing, it actively hinders the wider acceptance of geek-related activities
Oh god what a tragedy this would be. However would geekdom survive without casual normalfags getting involved?

[Note that I'm well aware this reads as a specific attempt to ostracise normalfags. I very much understand that communities need new blood to survive, what I'm getting at is that while community structures should be flexible they must not be allowed go full September 1993* and get bent out of shape.]

*example chosen purposely because I'm not a wholesale anti-normalfag r9k REEEEEEE type. Taken as a whole group, normalfags are undesirable, but individual normalfags in an otherwise relatively abnormal community generally offer good insight and quality posting so long as they align with the overriding culture instead of trying to convert it into the culture of society at large