/acg/ - Armored Core General: It Still Hurts Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

And to who it was that was asking last thread, yes, you presume correctly. I don't think I'll be able to get to my PS3 until tomorrow, though.

Armored Core 6 when?

Please refer to song.

Bottom rank.

Would anyone like to play co-op VD with me? I haven't completed all of the missions and I'm pretty bad in general, I just want all of the parts.

Sure, lemme just get on and you hire me as a merc.

Bump.

If Miki was your favorite idol you'd have your PS3 by tomorrow.

Bump.

Bought 4 today. What am I getting into?

Have played:
AA
All AC3 universe
4a
V
VD

a slower version of FA, but still faster than the classics, of course less parts, more harder than FA but not much.

Better than V and VD by a country mile.

Possibly worse or better than everything preceding it depending on what you want out of Armored Core.

Worse than FA and VD, it's pretty much the fourth worst game in the series next to V, Ninebreaker, and Formula Front. It's too easy, too short, and the English translation is the worst in the series.

Thanks for the sweet Schematics Urist

Thank you for helping me A-rank (most of) the missions we did Roap

Stop dying. Keep that AP up /acg/.

So is VD habbening or no?

never!

bump.

But I wanna play

>wanting to play videogames

Where do you think you are?!

who wanna hump?

No. I only love Au. And the sound of Gatling guns in VD

Guise
How are we an Armored Core general if we never actually play Armored Core together

S'cool.

But we just did.

I'll fight anyone in FA right now.

is nine breaker just training missions?

Are you the guy that wanted the /acg/ rankings?

No, there's also an arena.

No. I just want to play some FA

Wish I could help you. But I'm busy today. Saturday is never a good day.

Is the offer still up?

No. You took forever so I went to Memewatch.

ok.

I'll play you ranker. I just got some nice matches in VD in as a merc, we lost one, and then the faggot leader disconnected.

getting on.

Hey that's not going to work on me

It's alright Penny

Bump.

Ayy cosplay gaems are fun. GGs, even though I got bodied cause I'm terrible at FA

Bump.

Bump.

I WENT TWO WEEKS AGO, STOP TORMENTING ME

REEEEEEE

As much as I cry over From abandoning AC for the cash chute that is Dark Souls, even if they put out a new game I doubt it would sell.

The already small fanbase has been divided for years, and VD didn't seem to make anyone happy.

At most they could put out a semi-okay port of FA on PC to build up more of a fanbase, but From is one of the least PC friendly Japanese companies out there.

What if they reboot the serie to try to show it like a "new" franchise, next title is just Armored Core, no number or subtitle and with the fame of Dark souls, and with some good exposition like in a E3 or TGS with the opening words of "From the maker of Dark Souls" hook up some DSfags from the start.

It would get a horrid response from fans of at least one side.

If they make it like classic AC, or FA then DS fans would hate it for the complexity. AC is an incredibly autistic series which is why the fanbase has always been small.

If they want to make it work for new fans, it will have to be dumbed down to the point most here would scream. If people hated VD, they couldn't handle the pile of shit From would create.

On top of this, the fanbase for mech games is small, and the only game I've seen take off was Hawken which was bare bones. The mech community is a vocal minority in the gaming world, and the only way any of us are going to see spirtual sequels to either side of the AC style is if someone mistakes the cries of a few thousand for the cries of millions and think there is a huge market.

The problem is that the fans are so picky.

>Armored Core isn't gundam enough!
>AC4 comes out
>it's too gundam, slow it down!
>AC5 comes out
>it's too slow, make it slightly faster!

The problem is 90% of the fanbase was with the games before AC4.

4 drove away a lot of that 90%, and created a new fanbase for Gundam. Then 5 came in, and killed the new fanbase.

And speed changes everything in these games. Yeah, people are picky but for a good god damn reason. V and VD are fucking garbage because they took a middle ground that pleased absolutely no one. The company should have realized who their knew fans were and kept up the pace of FA. At least then the games would still be alive.

Armored Core was shit until Nexus

But she's not because I actually have good taste, so that means I'm getting on in the next few minutes.
V is fast, though. The big issue is that lots of people played it for ten minutes and didn't figure that out.

It's not fast enough. Even FA wasn't fast enough.

>V and VD are fucking garbage

I'm finally playing through V's singleplayer. The story makes no sense at all so far but it's a lot funner than I remember it being when I tried to play it at launch. I actually ended up dropping the game for some reason pretty early on, I don't know what I was thinking back then.

Sorties are go. Someone get on so we can bring less UNACs.

>Wolfpack is on the PS3 servers
Well, can't say I was expecting that.

>Sorties are go
>It's literally 6am over here and I haven't slept at all
Even if I were to join now I'd perform terribly. I think I'll just go to sleep

Goddamnit, it's time for the burgers to sleep.

I much preferred the zodiac sub-plot in the sortie missions to the actual story in the game.

>Armored Core
Nineball rules supreme. You tell him to cut it out.

>Project Phantasma
Stinger is a douchebag. You kill him.

>Master of Arena
Nineball MK2. You tell him to cut it out.

>AC2
Everyone moves to Mars. Klein is crazy and the final boss. He's also the protagonist from the last game through whatever. You kill him.

>AC2AA
You come back to Earth and face the protag from AC2 in the final mission. Also, Nineball comes back again.

>AC3
Nineba-er, I mean my original character THE CONTROLLER, rules. You tell it to cut it out.

>ACSL
THE CONTROLLER comes back, in a sissy girly mech with high heels. Proceed to tell them to cut out.

>ACN
Everything goes straight to hell.

>ACNB
It was all a dream

>AC Formula Front
It was all a portable dream.

>AC Last Raven
Everything goes to hell part 2. Nineba-, er, the controlle-, er I mean my NEW original character, The pulverizers, wanna kill everyone. Once again, cut it out, etc.

>AC4
Alternate universe. Metal Gear particles ruin the earth. You stop the bad guys.

>ACFA
Undertale with giant robots.

>ACV
Same universe as 4 and FA. Everything is even more screwed over, you use junk mechs.

>ACVD
Every universe comes clashing together, as you fight a major boss from AC4, another boss from ACFA, and it's implied that the towers are Nineball.

>you fight a major boss from AC4
Who? I don't remember any AC4 references in VD. Unless you mean NGWIX, but that's technically from FA.

Joshua from AC4. J from ACVD.

Ehhh?

Aretha Franklin, who loves singing black-inspired gospel, which is what AC4 and AC5 have for the most part?

Aretha, the big guy 4 u at the end of AC4?

Should have played earlier when you had the chance.

>inb4 I have a life outside of Veeky Forums
>or AC
You shouldn't, you're not nearly dedicated enough to the cause.

I am with you brother.

Survival bump

To quote the guys from the Undertale thread,

"Knowing that this thread is about to 404, fills me with delegation."

Restless bump

One more.