/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

Weakness is our greatest strength edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Unofficial Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/j1xjdv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was thinking of having it as a goal to have as many people as possible living in Paradise Domes.
Like the goal is to terraform everything into Continental-Oceanic-Tropical, and have 1 pop in a paradise dome on each world.

Who /ironic democracy/ here?

What traits would be good for Fremen from Dune? Ethos?

I'm thinking strong, slow breeders, nat engineers (maybe I'm missing a point, don't remember)

As for ethos I'm between spiritualist, collective, and militaristic. Perhaps remove one for the fanatic version of another. Military junta as government perhaps?

How arid are arid worlds?

they are quite arid

lel

this is my blockading fleet

its only purpose is to go to undefended planets and drop a single corvette to block them while my main fleet goes hunting

but then this happened, I accidentally engaged a space station with several corvettes and even a tachyon lance battleship. and guess who won

corvette stronk

Somewhere between a tropical world and a desert world.

This is too delicious.
>play as space slug enslavers
>generally enslave and gene mod species to serve me
>send masses of slave soldiers on hopeless invasions merely to test their strength
>after some time, encounter democratic crusaders near me
>tense status quo for some time that erupts into war
>by the second war I finally manage to outmaneuver them and over one of their moons, a huge battle takes place
>by the end of it, their battleships and cruisers are all floating space junk
>their backs broken, force a humiliating vassalization upon them
>clear to all is their future enslavement and gene modification
>their attempts are fighting back are met with armies of obedient slaves ready to die at the whims of their masters
If you don't rp in this game there's no point in playing desu

But how arid?
Nevada-in-summer arid or your-mother's-cunt arid?

>slug
nasty, definitely fitting

Rate my autism.
They are collectivists because fungoids, they are lasers because they saw the horrors of nuclear war. They are xenophobes because other species. They are Spiritual because the Spiritual state unified them.

>They are collectivists because fungoids
That's not an argument

>to undefended planets and drop a single corvette to block them
Drop a single corvette to block them what. Shouldn't in general anything resembling a fleet be able to kill that?

Also
LOST
Corvette 5/1
Wut

is there any way to terraform a tomb world?

They are collectivists because although what you see appears to be an individual, is in fact better referred to as a colony. Their sentience/sapience is an emergent feature in large colonies, whereas small colonies have no such thing. Cutting it in two would deal heavy damage and would kill of parts of it due to necrosis/trauma, but in general the "collection" survives. The former "individual" no longer is, but two offshoot colonies are now which show resemblance to the former personality but are not the same. (Assuming a 50/50 split instead of cutting off something the size of a fingertip).

It also goes the opposite way, colonies can fuse, though there certainly is an upper limit to the size of colonies (square/cube law). The Divinely Guided First Among Equals is a colony that is regularly "rejuvenated" by splitting off parts and fusing with newer/younger Syldaeans.

All this results in the Syldaeans having a great sense of collectiveness and individualism is seen a disease amongst them, though they understand that the same is not true for all species.

That good enough broski?

That's an argument

Individualist militarist spiritualist

Can I even vassalize anyone at 1.1? War score requirements are too high.

How would Fremen be Individualist? They think in terms of the "Sietch" and have no regard for life, not even their own.

Best ethics for a full-synthetic empire? I guess Fanatic Materialist is a must, but what is better between Xenophobe and Collectivist?
>Xenophobe
>+20% robot yeld edict; +10% happiness monument, robot policies allowed
>Holy shit why are my Synths never happy

>Collectivist
>Can go full-purge instead of Xenos only, ethics divergence and happines aren't issues
>No +20% edict nor good bonuses/buildings

>post-war rebuild period

Boring as fuck famalam

>some time earlier I liberate a random planet on the other side of the galaxy because I don't want to waste any war score and get to a nice 100
>nasty fucker joins the alliance I had war with to liberate them
>my energy supplier and the strongest AI empire in the galaxy attacks them
>I attack them
>now I am waging war against myself
good job paracucks

>Drop a single corvette to block them what
whenever the retarded AI builds a new space station it gets killed by the corvette and you get 1 free war score. also, you can start bombarding any time for 7 war score once you know you can get up to 100 to win the war

>Shouldn't in general anything resembling a fleet be able to kill that?
yeah of course, that's why you pay attention to enemy movement and temporarily retreat single corvettes when necessary

>Corvette 5/1
4 corvettes merged with that fleet during the fight

Go collectivist. I don't know if trying to make synths happy is viable goal.

---------------

I want to play a spiritualist empire. Any tips? Will try keep pops happy and I want aggresive expansion.

But why collectivist, if making happy synths is impossible? If they are gonna be unhappy anyway, wouldn't be better to have the 20% increase in yelds edict (which is kinda like max happiness status)?

>good job paracucks
I had -200 with every other empire in the galaxy but received federation invitations constantly
once I hit the -1000 mark or so it finally stopped, pretty retarded

why would anyone program a robot to have emotions in the first place? Emotions are just our evolved tricks to reward us for doing things that help us stay alive, which is why eating and sex feels good and being moral feels good. robots don't need those, they can just have directives.

Well, it is nice to keep fanatic materialist bonus on top of synth bonus for research. However I forgot that you cannot use share the burden edict although you stated it as a pro and con.

Yeap. It looks like xenophobe looks better for just because share the burden.

Camt yo7 just enslave synths?

poal.me/j1xjdv

What ethos would the SCP Foundation have? I am thinking xenophobe/militarist/materialist

I'd replace materialist with collectivist. They clearly acknowledge that supernatural mechanisms exist, and they also put humanity's survival above all.

so you guys told me it is dangerous to research both jumps at the same time

I waited and waited and its already the year 2318 - is it finally happening? I am excited, I wonder what will happen

extreme spiritualist

that's all

looks like someone else triggered it, probably on the far side of a lot of jerk nations who won't give you military access to stop it in time.

Like Dwarf Fortress, Stellaris only ends when you get overrun by demons or the frame rate becomes unplayable.

They only appear to be collective because it hard to survive in the desert by yourself. However indivdual rights and honor are upheld very strictly.
Maybe they arent collectivist nor individualist in the game sense. Maybe fanatic militarist/spiritual

lol it appeared in the middle of the strongest AI empire, the only one willing to trade with me and soon to be neighbor if we keep conquering at that pace

First for Civ VI looks like mobile game trash.

I was thinking spiritualist at first, but while they acknowledge that the supernatural exists, they generally refuse to utilize the objects they have contained under all but the most extreme circumstances, and instead rely on traditional science when they can. Spiritualist seems kinda wrong.

I said replace materialist with collectivist, not spiritualist.

I can handle the artstyle if it doesn't take multiple expansions to make the game not shit.

okay there is no way these demons can win

just check the number of pops my buddy has

Oh, meant to reply to Collectivist makes sense.

Post map of the galaxy nigger I'm curious

dear lord

see

Don't trust the AI. In one of my games an empire with Overwhelming fleet power (I had like 50k fleet power) got wrecked by the Prethoryn

so i got big as fuck empire buy my research is so slow cause of my pop size should i put all my planet into Research ?

>have two research dedicated planets
>one is freshly colonized and has atmospheric aphr- shit that makes you want to fuck modifier
>fresh planet finally finishes upgrading from converted colony ship to planetary administration
>all the motherfuckers that were studying stone age niggers in the science labs on the older colony start migrating to the new science-but-also-sex colony
Can't say I'm surprised. To top it off some of the stone age niggers broke out of their reservation and killed one of the pops that didn't migrate. Honestly with I had an option to publicly execute the retard in charge of security because who the fuck gets their shit stomped in by stone age primitives while in charge of several space age arm- oh wait

impressive, I havent managed to get below -2k yet

desu, I think their border friction hatred is kind of justified.

Yeah I just prohibited migration because I feared something like that would happen.
Some of my planets have like -0.8 food so they can't replace the pops that migrate away I think.
Individualist so my pops(that haven't diverged, still on preclark) get -% happiness because of that.

are carriers worth it now that bombers leave the ship?

>now that bombers leave the ship?
That made me laugh heartily.
I don't know if they're worth it now, but the idea that bombers refused to leave the ship is just very amusing to me.

Best Lab upgrade? Society, Engineering or Physics?

where should my research be at 100/200/x years into the game?

LEL

>2 wars running but I have all planets in reach blocked and see that I have to play the waiting game
>start an other war against the closest empire I am not at war with
>they supposedly have an overwhelming fleet
>start war
>check their FTL
>it's fucking WARP KEK
>station my main fleet in a way they will all warp exactly into it and unable to attack during the warp wind down
>pic related happens ... TWICE
>with my one small fleet I kill about 80k fleet value minutes after the war started with 0 losses

yeah just wanna add, this is exactly why warp is complete shit

I never used anything else but wormhole (and jump) first because the game claimed that wormhole is difficult but then because I realized how terrible the others are

so famlads dont go warp except if you are a masochist

physics because lances are energy

Physics because lances are energy, or physics because torpedoes are energy.
Physics is also a contender because plasma cannons are physics and you may want them for corvettes.

Why does it make not only the scientist in the ship but also a researcher busy when I'm sorting debris? Why is it not enough to use one?

Physics unless you're autistic and try to keep all research levels equal.

Also early game (first 20 years) society is by far the most important.

what kinda archetype for a race I should go for ladeas

Burd.

solid

what do burd do

burd things mostly

I keep seeing complaining about death stacks when a simple solution would be just to increase the maintenance cost of ships the further away from your territory they are. Big battles would be more likely to take place along the border systems of an empire you're at war with until one side gains an advantage and decides the extra cost is worth pushing farther into the enemy empire.

Burd be comfy.
Also peck at things.

It's great idea and make sense but AI would shit itself.

As opposed to?

>it's a great idea and makes sense but AI would shit itself
unfortunately that seems to apply to 99% of all the improvements to Stellaris.

burd make room for more burds and take room away from non burds

Burd yell at the top of its lungs to make other burd fuck off.
t. burd watcher

Scourge spawned on the other side of the galaxy, space turtle empire and cat fascists wont give me military access to help despite the fact that theyre getting rekt.

Looks like im declaring war on both sides in order to help them, being space cop is hard.

What ethos and government should i pick for a space crusading order?

Thinking about f. spiritualist and militarist with military dictatorship

t. space teutonic order

>It became necessary to conquer the galaxy in order to save it

rate pls

cookie cutter ebin groBhumanium
grow an imagination/10

>he hasn't watched star trek

why even bother, there's no religions

>first paragraph from memory-alpha/10

Come on user, at least TRY with your empire description.

Decadent isn't all that fitting, I think.

But I'm not really some sort of Star Trek nerd, so Idon't know if tehy used slavery in their background or something.

In a Mirror, Darkly are still fond in my heart.

>not an argument
Star Trek is unimaginative, campy drivel so you're not helping your case any.

Sorry I'm not autistic enough to write a biography.

So

What the fuck do I put on my ships? Can someone just make a guide for what to aim for. I feel lost. And I'm tired of getting rekt by the ai fleets.

I just got these storm autocannons. Do I put them on my battleships? or should I get a better laser? I got uv laser, armored torps and cloud lightning.

i'm a normalfag so it makes it okay

>Islamic union
>African Union
>United hegemony of Asia

i dont remember these, are these made by paradox?

pretty straight forward

so you already have battleships? then go for tachyon lances

otherwise armored torps arent bad against dumb AI

was stellaris a mistake?

>(((Johan Andersson)))

Nothing wrong with star trek, you just have to take it in context.

so wheres my slavic union proklete kurbe švedske

the context of "Everyone is a self-righteous jerk and the captain needs a therapist by his side at all times"?

or is that just TNG?

Haven't had internet for over 4 months, just found about stellaris. How is it compared to goats like MoO2 or GalCiv 2?