/hbg/

CAN I DOWNGRADE USING FREAKYHAX? edition
Last thread boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/thread/144376519/hbg-general-generalization-generation#top
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Plutoo Released Freakyhax more info on his twitter.
mobile.twitter.com/qlutoo?lang=en
Get FreakyForms before it gets Cubic Ninja'd
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-New Luma update lads. Get it here: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v5.5
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for original 3DS only. For details see Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

>Vita
Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60.

I bricked my emunand.

Can I back it up and inject it again or do I need to start over with a fresh emunand?

>Not on A9LH

3rd for no bulling retards

bruh the other thread wasn't even at post limit yet

>Can't even link threads properly
hownew.ru

did you really post the fucking URL of the last thread?

what the fuck?

Here's a useful tip for the idiots on the 3ds scene:

>In the past, hackers have found out that the best way to announce such an exploit for the PS Vita was to announce it on a Friday evening: we found out that the people in charge of updating the games availability on the Sony PSN do not work on weekends, and we also saw with experiments that each PSN store is managed locally (in other words, if you’re releasing an exploit in a game on the JP store, announcing it on Friday evening Japanese time would make sense). 3DS hackers might want to use that kind trick moving forward, to buy their audience a bit more time…

I bought a 64GB SD card but windows wont allow me to create a fat32 format by default. What 3rd party tool do you guys use?
>in b4 linux or gparted

this would only really matter if the digital version of freakyforms didn't require you to update to 11.0, in which case it becomes virtually useless

Should I switch from RXtools to Luma + a9lh?

linux
use emunand9

I used EaseUSPartitionMaster

The point is that it's already too late anyway but at least in the future if they release an important exploit, they can give people more time.

So I just bought an r4i-sdhc and downloaded the kernal from their website, what in here is actually necessary? The moonmemo folder just has 6 readme files in different languages (no english even though I downloaded the english pack), so I'm assuming that's unnecessary, not sure about the other folders. Also is there any specific format for folder structure to make it work? Thanks

do you like gba games or software that gets maintained?

>get brand new N3DS XL
>firmware is 9.6

beautiful

Rufus

>kernal

I don't know, do I?

Oh shit I forgot about Rufus thanks dudes.
Ended up downloading EaseUS forgetting I already had Rufus haha...

i just stuffed all of that to the root of the sd. you can have a folder for your roms there and as far as i can tell you can name it whatever you want

Alright, thanks

I'm not him, but I'm pretty sure Veeky Forums usually changes any url to a thread/post to the usual format (>>postnumber)
I'm not sure what happened with that link.

ITS SATURDAY NIGHT
WHAT ARE Y'ALL PLAYING?

all brand new ones are downgradable without a game

I routinely buy consoles from random retailers, upgrade them to 11.0, and return them, just to make you pirates' lifes harder

gonna beat up two bitches at the top of nodens tower toniIIGHT

doesn't change anything as it would be used and only brand new ones are 10.3 and under obviously

>return them
>return them
>return them
do you really think they don't just restock them? really?

Likewise, I buy boxed N3DSes every day of my life

Some people are telling me Nintendo could either ban me or brick my 3DS downloading straight from their eshop. This is bullshit right?

lol

It's Sunday morning here and ACNL comfy in bed

nope nintendo tracking everyone down gotta hide

>being this salty

Just got my 3ds back from my brother and its on 10.7.0-32E, am I fucked if I dont have any games?

They can also break into your housesteal, your food, key your car and poison your pets

>salty
I have two systems on cfw'd 11.0, stay mad

that's what the op says

>avatarfagging
Stop shitposting

well back to not using it I guess

>buys consoles and updates them to thwart piracy
>piracy still rampant in 3DS scene
>calling anyone else mad

uh huh.

Happens all the time.. my mums 3ds got bricked the other night, she's not exactly a pirate but does wear an eye patch bc I came in her eye

I'm not avatarfagging, I'm just going through my smug anime girls folder
>thwart
I'm just doing it to make you nerds mad

This is why I'm asking if its bullshit. I don't believe it but I also want to cover my bases. Straight answer then: its bullshit, right?

>people actually go to random retailers to buy a 3DS for $200+
>not just buying a brand new JP n3DS from Amazon for $160

yes

Nintendo CAN ban anyone playing .cia titles online: .cias use system headers instead of cart headers like .3ds/.3dz. They know which games you've purchased from eShop and which ones you're using your system header with.

That said, they have not done anything about this yet. They very well can, but nobody gives a shit anyway.

no

No, it's true. Nintendo ninjas are in this thread right now trying to make you feel safe

>They know which games you've purchased from eShop
except they don't

>implying they can't just look at your purchase history/logs from their own server
pretty sure they're just lazy/don't want to cause a mass scare over something that isn't giving them that much damage. maybe they'll care more if people keep downloading directly off their servers

>still no way to pirate DSi titles
The worst part is I bought Shantae Risky Revenge and never got to play it, then lost the ability to play it when I got emunand and can't even pirate it now

they can't, if they could they wouldn't allow you to redownload titles you haven't purchased.

If Nintendo had a way of tracking purchases something like Freeshop would never exist in the first place. The worst thing that can happen is getting banned from online games using pirated games (but then going online with pirated games isn't exactly the smartest thing to do anyway).

The thing about bricking consoles, Nintendo can't do that intentionally at the risk of damaging legitimate consumers. It's possible that a fw update might brick someone using cfw due to imcompatibility but at that point everyone's either on A9lh or emunand so it makes 0 difference.

>Making late/waitfags mad
I see nothing wrong with this

At risk of looking like an ignorant retard, can I? Am I able to downgrade from 11 using freaky forms?

I'm sure it's been asked, I just can't find conclusive answers. Again, sorry if I piss anyone off, I just want free games

no

those are only download tickets, and have nothing to do with your actual purchase history. they likely have transaction logs they can check, too. but again, it'd be a lot of work just to check the validity of a single person's purchases

No. You can kickass homebrew but you need

you can play dsiware just fine

>11
If you're on 11 before a9lh, you can't be part of the cool kids club

How so?

>yfw i updated my hardmodded console just to experiment with freakyhax
>yfw meta cool kids club

And if I understand correctly, out of the box 3ds and n3ds are at or below 10.7 yes?

If I bought a new one, what would I need to hack/pirate? Apologies for the spoonfeeding, I'm just seeing mixed answers everywhere

same way you would get gba games to work

The last time I checked, eshop didn't actually force you to get a NNID, so no, they're not really tracking every purchase out there.

How is that?

all brand new ones are 10.3 and below so you don't need a game, just follow the wiki guide in the op
in the pastebin in the OP

>it'd be a lot of work
no
no it wouldn't, not at all and not in the slightest
they just designed their system in a way that is so insanely retarded that it wouldn't even surprise me if they couldn't even properly ban people from the eshop.

Back in January of this year I installed CFW onto my 3ds and used rxtools to play a few games I wanted to at the time. I haven't touched my 3ds much since then, but I will when Monster Hunter Generations releases in the US to play with some friends.

My question is that now that time has passed should I change my CFW from rxtools to something else? Will I need to redo the entire process to do it? Can I even play online with CFW with a pirated copy of MHG to play with my friends when it comes out?

yes no yes

Thank you for the assistance. Here's hoping I can join you dirty pirates soon

>all brand new ones are 10.3 and below so you don't need a game, just follow the wiki guide in the op
but what if they don't have the web browser? they'd definitely need a hax cart or a game cart that doesn't have a 9.9 update

i hope you are right, but that would also be very sad. (do you not need an NNID for non-free downloads?)

you need an NNID for any kind of download, unless you've already "downloaded" the games before. if you log into an NNID on a cfw'd system you're a retard anyway, because only the eshop and miiverse use it.

The only ones that don't have a web browser are release-day 1.0 O3DS systems and 8.1J Japanese launch N3DS. New systems ship with the full browser installed.

You'd think Nintendo would've installed the dummy one, but they didn't.

>thought after a while doing this would be less headache inducing
>it isn't

If I leave my 3DS downgraded to 9.2, could I come back to it later when there's a simple retard-mode installer?

sure but it doesn't get any more simpler than it is now

That's just your opinion ;)

arguable. someone (who isn't gateway) needs to merge all the steps of plailect's guide into a single app that does all of it. that would make it much faster/easier to get shit done.

What is the technical explanation for still needing a flash cart for DS games?

has anyone tried testing more N64 rom injections, or do we still only have the games in that VOL1.rar and VOL2.rar pack i downloaded a while ago?

Must have ds games, go
-Pokemon
-Final Fantasy
-Dragon Quest
-TWEWY

i think it was basically "not enough memory to store the entire rom in 3ds memory while it emulates NDS mode", but i'm not sure

wrong general

M&L BiS

elite beat agents

can someone give me the title key to conveni dream?

DS mode cuts access to the SD card.

>buying a N3DS from a place where you can't easily return it if you get stuck with shitty TN screens

heh

>implying you can actually notice a difference between IPS and TN in any real world usage

Question, is it possible to play online games with a modded n3ds?

Essentially my hope is to buy a n3ds, mod it, pirate MHG when it's released, then play it online as intended

ghost trick

ouendan 1 & 2 as well. you don't need to know japanese to enjoy them.

yes

Neither of those, and DS mode isn't emulation.

It's just that nobody bothered with it because flashcards are easy to get.

yes

>he has shit eyes

I hope for your sake you're just a nintendo shill, user.

lol

Excellent, this was one of my primary concerns. Thank you