/gerg/

Will Kong make it out of this one?
Stay tuned for the next episode Edition!

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=DDWsZh9qXsQ

New /gerg/ game, from the makers of Shadowrun Returns
battletechgame.com/

Armored Core:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW (embed)
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (embed)
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

Mechwarrior Living Legends:
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Installer + Gamespy fix:
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=19022.0
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20422.0.html

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/index.php/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
[YouTube] Beginner's Introduction to youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Get your all seeing eye here:
mwomercs.com/cyclops

Play Snake on your Samsung™ product of choice today:
mwomercs.com/viper

Light up the Night:
mwomercs.com/night-gyr

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwomercs.com/mwowc2016/teams/269-muthr-swkrs
mwomercs.com/mwowc2016/teams/34-thekonglords
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this game sucks and we all hate it

i agree

FIRST FOR OUR TOURNAMENT SHIT

WINS: 2
LOSSES: 2
DQS: 0

NEXT GAME: TUESDAY THE 7TH, AGAINST THE SWORDS OF KENTARES

it may be a tough game. be prepared. We don't actually know, though, since this team has gone through a lot of roster shifts over the years. Their current roster is:

mwomercs.com/mwowc2016/teams/269-muthr-swkrs

who are a bunch of people I've never seen. We almost got our asses blown out by literal whos the other night, though, so we've got to be on guard regardless.

>no discord link

pizzadog pizzadog pizzadog

I'm sick of mumble I want to join discord

Somebody love me

Why are you posting this here when you act like it's a secret club on mumble?

Give me praise and suck my dick, but don't think you'll ever talk to me or my son again.

OK where can I find you?

urmum

pizza you useless fuck.

People are making plans around these games you cant just go shifting shit around because reasons.

PIZZA YOU MOTHER FUCKER

its probably someone from discord trying to get us DQ'd

it's not a secret club you fucktards, we just don't want random memers coming in and polluting comms

you can't watch the matches unless it's being streamed on NGNG, why do you even want to listen to us? do you really want to hear vass mumbling that badly? i promise you it's not very interesting. also not to be paranoid but if we just let any user into the room with us it's possible we could get A MOLE.

tl;dr we aren't keeping it private because we're elitist or whatever it's because we need strict comms control and that's not something kong is known for

hmm nice bait lol no tripcode

You're a piece of shit Pizzadog. I want you gone. Get the fuck out , this tournament was shit already but you have fucked every match set up.

It's not fair. Just give people open reign into the room. We're all Kong we deserve to be in.

could you fuck up the SWK match any fucking harder?

First you don't tell is that you have rescheduled the match, then you give us the wrong date.

Do you want to fucking play or do you just want to get the fuck out and let someone competent take control.

JUST

>Neo Kong
>Competency

Wanna see my peenus weenus?

so uh, does Veeky Forums play MWO together? or is everybody doing their own thing?

everyone does their own thing really. there is a circle jerk of guys trying to play in the mwo tournament though lmao.

too busy shitposting atm

Not like i care. 2 SRM6 3 MPL is best build.

The /vg MWO group is called kong. You can play with them on the mumble.

Alright let me clear some things up.

We do have a match tonight but someone was fucking around with the doc and changed around all the times. With all the scheduling bullshit going on I was confused and I mentioned offhandedly to Whispers that we did not have a game tonight.

The doc was open so that other people could contribute builds and edit their time availability etc but it's private now because of this. I didn't reschedule anything at the last second or make any fucking changes or whatever like you fucks have been memeing about, it's just confusion due to the absurd way this tournament is structured.

>no tripcode

yeah sure

ignore this post. the next game is as per if in doubt, read the doc.

>whatever you have been memeing about
oh so its not your fault you fucked up, its just memes? just hand control over to kakos or whispers you really cant be trusted with this.

hello? i am mole, how do i get into mwo channel?

very carefully

It is my fault for not being clear and for not double checking the schedule as much as I should have. I'm just saying it wasn't due to some last-minute rescheduling or whatever the fuck people are talking about. It won't happen again.

>taking tournament shit this seriously
what the fuck is kong trying to be legit now? alienate anyone who isn't in their secret club.

you didn't even play in the MRBC Tournaments and now you're trying to become legit pro team? why dont you just take your no fun allowed attitude to 228 or lords? or couldn't you make it there because you're insufferable and so you came to kong?

>i-it w-wont happen again i swear

It's like a $130,000 prize pool why the fuck not

Fuck the mrbc.

This tournament is a thousand times better simply because of money.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

because its PGI clowning around with their stupid ideas. if you wanted money MRBC ran for several seasons with a prize pool and would've given you guys alot of practice.

instead youre going to waste everyones time and break their schedules for a tournament we stand no chance of winning.

Exactly. The MRBC had a mech pack and some shirts as a reward. Literally a joke.

>We

Who the fuck is this "we" youre talking about.

Kong is pretty much the 12 men listed here, mwomercs.com/mwowc2016/teams/34-thekonglords
aside from a few others everyone else can fuck off. nothing but useless shitters and shitposters not worth carrying.

so all this talk of kong being inclusive and not an elitist pack of faggots who think theyre better than everyone is moot?

wow. way to show true colors there.

vass is pretty much ruining kong by letting these people run amok unchecked shitting up the general, the mumble and shitting on anyone who tries to even join the group.

another glorious loss for kong?

No dumbass. KONG is a group for random robot matches. It's very inclusive as long as you're not a shithead. Some players in KONG are playing the tournament because they can. You are not. That's it.

right because we can join and play when you all hide in rooms that are just give us "you were denied entry privileges"

i think ive played with a kong group ONCE when you were not hiding in some locked room (not even talking tourny games)

ive played with 1 or 2 guys from kong on very rare occasions. but never a good sized group.

>Can't even join Maskirovka

The conclusion is foregone, but it means Kong gets to play various teams and have fun. And if I recall, it was a few thousand MC just for getting a team together.

So who's getting butthurt about the tournament matches, during an actual match, sticking together in a private room? Not me. They said "Hey, let's play these games for a few months and see if we have the gitguds.". Let them.

Most of the time, I ended up with 5-6 mans hanging out in Mumble. Which works by me.

i dont mind kong playing in the tournament, best of luck to you guys, i was talking about everyone being in locked rooms whenever i joined to play games.

Is there really any point to pilot skill ratings? As much as I like the game whether you win or lose pub matches is just a roll of the dice of whether you get a shitty team or not
> Playing Mad Dog
> Domination
> Get one kill
> It's the only kill in the entire match
> PILOT RATING DOWN

we keep saying this:
no, unless you are so shit then you belong in tier 5 forever

PSR is basically an exp bar and nothing else. It's not really representative of skill level vs. "You played a lot". Heck, you have a bunch of good games and you can end up starting in T3 without having so much as finished up a single chassis to elites, if your opponents by the luck of the draw were utter idiot target practice.

That being said, you'll go up tiers faster if you actually are good, but sadly everyone but the most dysfunctionally steering-wheel retarded manbabies will end up in T1-level games, whether because they easily make at least T3 or play so much (and have so little life) that they grind out to T1 regardless of actual ability.

You start in tier 5. Your first 10 matches have a huge multiplier to PSR changes which can give you a head start if you're decent.

Otherwise it takes anywhere 500 matches to move up a tier if you're good, or a 1000 if you're just ok. You probably won't move up past tier 3 if you're shit and plenty of people will always stay in the underhive.

Boo

ahhhhhhhhhh

That's exactly right. The important thing to remember is that people who say experience is not skill are being silly. You don't get good magically. It takes time and practice.

This tournament is great, keep doing what you're doing.

I HATE MY TEAM

08SE, ChaoticUrlond's unit

Is that your Penus weenus?

my team is alright

>Banshee has 8 energy hardpoints
>Gets no structure quirks, only weapon quirks which some argued were still too much for it.
>Affirmative Action Knight has 8 energy hardpoints
>Gets +17, +12 and +9 structure quirks in every component, as well as weapon quirks and one variant getting acceleration and deceleration quirks.
>This is balance

What were they thinking when they decided this?

Against /gerg/'s suggestion I went ahead and bought a crab. Seems alright so far. Seems like it can take a fair beating too which is kind of weird considering it's only a med mech. What kind of weapons and shit should I put on it?

Uhh we didn't say it's bad, only average

> 17 damage

How?

LLs for attacking from water. Since the enemy won't be able to see them since they are blue and so is the water.

MLs for when attack from veggie cover.

I can't remember which one, but one of them works great with max engine and all MPLs. Make sure to be at a rave when you use it, since it will be harder from the enemy to see your strobbing beams.

shit happens

Shit player

You must carry har- oh, wait. Never mind. Can't carry much harder than that.

Hello?

*deletes you*

wew

you lad

Anyone still have that link of Rog Rogerson saying "Kong Strong"?

no

>open /gerg/
>50 posts of american shitposting, followed by two people bumping the thread from page 10 once an hour

yes

Good job my team

This must of been after I fell asleep.

/gerg/ digs robots, which are costly, unpractical and most of the time huge superweapons.
So this makes /gerg/ pretty much like Belka, and that's cool in my book.

Here's to a good game. Best regards, /aceg/

aYY

What's the absolute worst variant in the whole game?

this one.

I just cant

What ever happened to the Discord?

Busy playing star citizen

Gonk drops happening now!

Literally who

yes

Why are we so kill? Can we talk about something fun, like builds that include ppcs?

sure

the treb 3C is the worst variant because it ropes you in thinking it will be fun driving a 150kph 50-tonner but then you realize it has shitty hardpoints and no tonnage left for anything useful

incorrect.

so uh, i bought and suited up a King Crab for my first mech and it died in two laser volleys from a kodiak yesterday, is this normal? i have 100 armor on my core, this shouldn't be happening

King Crab has a huge ct which is easy to hit from almost anywhere. That said if you're being hit by clan lasers you should have some chance to spread that damage around unless you messed up and put in a small engine.