/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink
- lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

>News
- Would you rather Travel the Globe or Go into Space? The next EU Splatfest has been announced!
- Another update has been announced for Splatoon, a balance patch to be released alongside the new weapons on July 7th. Patch notes:
nintendo.com.au/support/index.php?action=help&helpcatID=353#Q0
nintendo.com.au/software-update-details-for-splatoon-ver280
- Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 is coming June 7. twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/736467166631858176
- New Amiibo have been announced for the Squid Sisters, as well as recolored versions of the previous Amiibo lineup, coming in July! The Squid Sisters amiibos are to let you watch them dance and perform music.

> FAQ
-pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
-pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr :
-splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki:
-splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats:
-splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10401125
youtube.com/watch?v=qMYPgPQkuQw
youtube.com/watch?v=s7nC_4ailwI
youtube.com/watch?v=B2jVbSI9H4o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So what killed /ink/, /ink/?

strawpoll.me/10401125

Friends with your cousins!

you

You did.

I will never feel this

The only thing that will kill /ink/ is the Wii U servers being switched off, and a new game still having not being announced by then.

But /ink/ is alive

This too.

I tryed drawing today... What does /ink/ think?

It's somewhat accurate I guess

I like it. Even better than anything I could make.
Too bad it's impossible to put a characters hands in their pockets and avoid Undertale overtones.

Since when does putting hands in pockets mean Undertale now?

>Too bad it's impossible to put a characters hands in their pockets and avoid Undertale overtones

>mfw I'm listening to Megalovania while reading this

That short skeleton character, with the hoodie.

That's literally one character, user.

>things ignorant fanbases say and think

A character from Undertale, the one that people post everywhere.
Holy shit it's still a good drawing.

That's mad cute

Why did the majority of the vidya community suddenly forget about Splatoon as soon as Undertale became a meme?

Would Splatoon have a better chance at getting more GOTY 2015 if Undertale never existed?

Splatoon was only a meme on /v/, thanks to divine gets.

Even with a very powerful GET, Splatoon still couldn't outmeme Undertale ;_;

I remember when Splatoon was supposed to be the MLP of vidya. G-good times...

Would've been both a curse and a blessing

It's actually way bigger in Japan than MLP ever was in the west though

Elevens are starting to like Undertale also though, so soon Splatoon will be forgotten there also.

youtube.com/watch?v=qMYPgPQkuQw

/ink/ is a beautiful place (sometimes)

That's wrong though, even MLP had a following there
Splatoon is a borderline cultural phenomenon at this point

I'm surprised no one voted Undertale, since it clearly fucked over Splatoon's chances of being remembered in 2015.

Tell that to sales in Japan.

Why would Japs give a fuck about MLP when Pretty Cure exists there? It's essentially the same thing but with actual humans instead of horses.

Just as much as Overwatch would for this year.
Undertale is already on the Five Nights at Freddies decline anyway.

>implying sales in Japan mean jack shit to the rest of the world
Hello Kitty still has high sales in Japan also.

Anyone that uses sales in specific countries as an argument is showing desperation. Sorry, just being real here.

Same reason anyone would give a fuck about Dragonball here when we had Legend of Avatar.
It's just different tastes and different followings.

Hello kitty is a goddamn Japanese icon, no shit it sells.
Do you really know what you're talking about?

The point is that no one in the rest of the world cares, and it's not a good indicator that it'll still be remembered where it matters.

>No glasses
RUINED

so how does it feel that the game is over guys?
community is shit, editing the game exists pubicly in almost every form (rank hacking, gear editing, level hacking, money and snails).

Meanwhile nintendo is trying to squeeze every last bit out of the game with these shitty reskinned weapons. Time to put out spla2n.

>where it matters
Okay, opinion discarded.

There most likely won't be a Spla2n at this point, for the same reasons you just mentioned.

youtube.com/watch?v=s7nC_4ailwI
Splatoon OST music
>highest viewed track couldn't even break half a million views

youtube.com/watch?v=B2jVbSI9H4o
Undertale OST music
>has over 32 times the amount of views that the highest viewed OST Splatoon track got

Why did this happen, /ink/?

How do you edit levels? Isn't savescumming levels having the complete opposite effect?

>Spla2n
pls

Undertale just has better music

>thread alive for 1 hour
>only 10 unique posters
>not a single squad mentioned
Ded gam ded thred

literally

make a squad then faggot

How can someone be this mad at Luna Blasters? It's no different than other meme weapons, except being easier to kill.

Make a Squad dicknut
Or go to the Discord

I hate this game. I wish it would die. I've been playing this game for a year and want something new. Kill me.

>almost caused the start of /ink/ to change topic

Oh shit...

Undertale is new.

Don't question Rainys salt

But Discord killed /ink/ according to the poll, why should I let it kill /ink/ even more?

stop

You can hack level to 50. simple as that.

Well, lucky for you that Undertale killed Splatoon last year, so you can start with that.

i probably should...

What fucking poll

Are you fucking blind, it's literally the first response of this thread

You're killing /ink/.
Go to the discord.

>Implying strawpolls mean anything
How new are u

What, how?

Why would you want to do that though? Is playing a video game just a chore these days?

Discordfag detected, fuck off back to sucking off Tia's cock in your circlejerk shithole.

Start a Squad here then you colossal retard.

>tumblr meme
fuck off

>>Implying strawpolls mean anything
>goes on to vote in the strawpoll
Don't think I didn't see that, tripfag.

That's the kicker. Squads are for faggots in the eyes of the puritans. Just stop because there will never be squads here.

>tripfag
Is this seriously your first day on Veeky Forums?

>Discordfags show up
>suddenly thread goes to shit
This is proof that Discord ruined /ink/, the Strawpoll was right.

Eat shit. Either make a Squad, stop bitching about the lack of Squads, or fuck off to the Discord.

/ink/ killed itself by inventing the Discord as its personal boogeyman to blame whenever something goes wrong.

You might as well be a tripfag since you hug discord all day, why not get a trip while you're at it?

>waaahh no squads
>squads r gey
smhing

Splatoon should've had plays of the game.

I've never been to the discord, but I'm still convinced it's better than whatever you're shaping it up as.

Give me a link and I'll be out of your hair.

Splatoon should've been in first person.

who

Marie a CUTE

splatoon should have never had an obtuse jump shot meta that allowed the slants to abuse their already shit tier of ping.

check 2-3 threads ago there should be a link

Michelle Keith, duh.

Splatoon should've had abilities

It has nothing to do with ping. If you jump your shots cover more turf. Do you not read Judd's tips?

Nice girl, good taste in Pokemon.

What are gear slots?

a best

I'm talking about heals and buffs

Yeah. good taste...

But Callie has BETTER taste.

Those sort of exist in the form of Haunt and Comeback, and other institutional buffs.
An ability that lets you heal quicker would be interesting though.

Would anyone like to squad? (2/4)

NNID: SketchKitten

is there any actual reasoning behind why the fuck its constantly museum splat zones or is it seriously doing this randomly? i honestly feel like killing myself every time i have to play in that claustrophobic fucking map

>played the game for about 5 months or so
>shops still occasionally showing up with a piece of gear I don't have
>constantly have no fucking clue whether I have everything or not
Holy fuck why couldn't they make it where it always shows you at least one piece of gear you don't own yet? Fuck this RNG bullshit. I shouldn't be forced to wait for months on end for a certain piece of gear to finally show up, especially when it's an obscure piece of gear that nobody uses so I can't order it from random plaza squids.

How much longer do you think you'll be squadding for?

Then lobby with somebody from here that does, and order it from them.

As long as it takes.

My Internet is slow as shit right now, probably shouldn;t join you

What's up squidfuckers? I haven't been here since the August update. I'm not reading the thread but it looks like you guys failed to stop namefagging seeing as the only squad listed here isn't under a spoiler.

Anyway, what's good? I heard new weapons got released recently and like a New balance change. So what's the current meta right now? Triple DMG ELiter still the best? Japan players still laggy or did they actually improve the net code?

Fuck off spoilerfag

Triggered already? Did this place turn into tumblr?