/wpsg/ - WoW Private Server General

/wpsg/ guilds:

WotLK
- Theatre of Dreams, Horde 2x

>Where can I get game clients?
pastebin.com/mxjmsr3t

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.
5. Launch the game from wow.exe and enter your account info.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
You will need a clean wow.exe and dll files if you downloaded your WoW client from XYZ server. Check the clients section above.

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DnfSoaJxe3Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Ava9 is shit compared to Fku

Don't roll on ToD.

lost over half of its core over the past few weeks and will disband shortly.

You will be abandoned and left to play on a dead Polish server alone.

>Don't roll on ToD because of x
This has been posted atleast once every thread since ToD opened.

>subu and aerobatics
>core
now this is a dank meme

xth for fku is a beta carebear faggot that cant handle people being called out for their mistakes like they should be

>constantly criticize people
>get a taste of your own medicine
>can't handle it and sperg out

get help

who exactly do you think i am? grow some balls faggot lmao

dead everything even yogg

Still laughin'

It'll be a pretty easy fight once they fix the Scorch bug.

Fucking of all the bosses in ulduar we can't do ignis
Some of those attempts tonight we're really good tho, even with the scorch debuff acting funny

the guild might be alive, but the server is dead

D thred
E
D

what a fucking surprise, there's no thread activity when you spend months aggressively shillling a 500 pop polish server with nothing to do on it but raidlog and bully avanine o_o

>implying the thread was ever alive
you're mad as h*ck

wpsg literally always dies at night
the only thing that has ever kept them alive has been shitposting

some of you melee really stepped it up tonight, you're alright

don't come to the ranged dps ulduar next week :gun:

>when more ppl leave but the ones you tagged were core anyway

just so everyone knows, feenix's new vanilla launched successfully yesterday and we're playing on it.

feel free to message anyone online for an invite to the guild !

and we are growing!

>Horde

>horde
Damn
How's the server look so far? Kronos has kind of shit the bed

Honestly, its pretty good.

>Marna
TRAITOR

Requesting Ulduar never be added to OPs.

The server is moving onto the SoO / Timeless Isle phase soon, so if you want to raid level up and you can gear up on the Timeless Isle.

We're Alliance side, patch 5.4.8.
Current raid times will be aiming for PST 2-5pm Thursdays. This is Midnight Thursday to 3am Friday Server time.

Remember you can transfer using maxed level characters for up to two free 85s with good starting gear and a profession each. (The account used is not compromised in the process, they just need screen shots).

PM Thrang on Discord with what you plan on playing / role etc. I'll be organizing better what we need tomorrow for those that would like a good idea on what to roll.
Aiming for raids in 1-2 weeks.

Sorry for the noob question, but how do I know which server I should play? I downloaded the WotLK from the pastebin, but there seems to be multiple servers for this? which one does /wpsg/ play on?
also this is my first time playing wow, should I maybe start with vanilla instead? I just dont want to play on a dead server I guess.

thanks for any help.

Theatre of memes

Vanilla is a little rough for a first timer desu.

Currently a large portion of wpsg is playing Horde side on Theatre of Dreams' Lightbringer server. We have some empty spots in our raids, and plenty of people who can help you.

WotLK is honestly more beginner friendly.
HOWEVER - some of us will also be moving to wowfreakz, a Mists of Pandaria server thats about to be kicking into a good patch for getting up and going. MoP is even more beginner friendly, but the end game is mechanically more difficult and several classes have decent depth to them.

You can PM me on either server, or discord, and I can help you out.
Alliance side on 5.4.8 Mists of Pandaria wowfreakz
Horde side on 3.3.5a Wrath of the Lich King Theatre of Dreams
Thrang on both.

Really don't roll ToD, it will feel like a single player game while you're leveling because literally everyone is already 80, and leveling is 50% of the WoW experience.

Don't roll WoW Freakz either or risk being forever turned off of private servers seeing as non of the content before level 85 even works and you'll just be left wondering what the fuck is happening as you hit the barrens and are suddenly level 40 because the server has a 50x exp multiplier.

Try this server instead www.dalaran-wow.com
Its 1x exp so you will find many friends to level with and also is running the Wrath of the Lich King expansion pack making it beginner friendly as the other poster stated.

>Wowfreakz
This has got to be a meme

>literally everyone is already 80
>leveling is 50% of the experience

You have got to be memeing me. For real what server do I play on

Thanks snack

>i just don't want to play on a dead server
Warmane is probably your only option if you don't want a dead server.
It lies about its population, but despite that, it's still the most populated wrath server(s).
Have fun with those queues.

If you roll ToD, it will fell dead about 60-70% of the time.
But if you want to raid with /wpsg/ then roll on ToD.
Unless you're decent enough, no more tanks or melee dps.

Theatre of Dreams for WotLK.
Whisper anyone from the guild for an invite, we can help you out if you're new.
Roll Horde, play whatever looks appealing.

Open up the Who list by pressing "o" and selecting the Who Tab and search You to find guildies, or type /who You in chat

how many of you play on atlantiss?

Roll dalaran you fuckin faggot I spent precious minutes typing up that post for you dont make me regret it

Hey WoWFreakz fags, does Timeless Isle finally work? I have a 480 or so druid but the gearing up was just too painful so I stopped

Its coming out Monday.

Thank you all for your help, I don't know who this rude fag is But that's not me.

So far I told my gf about getting into this and she got super excited, apperantly she played really hardcore way back in the day. So she kicked me off my computer and made an account on ToD as a Dark Elf hunter. I'm going to bed but she will stay up and play and let me know if it's a good server or if we should switch to Dalaran.

Thanks for all the help!

Also, she called me a little bitch if I go on alliance lol. So which classes are needed most in the guild on Horde?

we need a new female warlock

Its a decently good server.

A good beginners class is Hunter, and we dont have many in the guild.
Warlocks, mages, Balance Druids, Elemental Shamans, and Shadow Priests are all doubly welcome as we need ranged dps, but anything you want to play works.

>mists of pandaria
>siege of orgrimmar

N O P E
O
P
E

I asked this before but didnt get an answer. Why things that worked on sunwell, most notably raids, dont work on sunwell core?

I feel like this whole series of posts was an elaborate ruse to piss off the dalaran shill. If Im correct then hats off to you, user.

>Just realized that they put an extra S in Atlantiss so that it would be easier to google

What the fuck's a Dark Elf

SoO part 2 and 3 heroic are the most fun I've ever had raiding
And I've raided all of BC and Wotlk, skipping Vanilla and Cataclysm

i thought they did it so wpsg can make piss jokes about it

Struggl, whats your problem with mythic content if you're so leet and skilled and draenor is casual and for babies?

wanted classes/specs:

-----TIER 1-----
Hunter
Mage
Holy Priest

-----Tier 2-----
Resto Shaman
Holy Paladin
Ranged DPS of any kind
Consistent tanks

-----Tier 3 aka do not roll-----
Melee DPS

STOP SAYING YOU NEED MAGES THERES LITERALLY 6 PEOPLE LEVELLING ONE

well I hope they transform into something that isn't mega casual shitters when they ding 80 some time next month

Anyone? Please? I really want to know why is that.

this desu

out of 10 people at least one is bound to be ok

not 1(one) of them is going to take arcane barrage, mark my words

who will quit next? let's hear some ideas

datboi

Did avanine really leave? I might come back if he's truly gone :D

Why should they? It decreases dps when you clip missiles with it. It's nice for high movement fights and that's about it.

what goes around
comes around

aka basically any fight in Ulduar

but did he leave or not

You don't clip missiles with it, you use it as a filler whenever you have to move which is literally every fight in ulduar

>normie guild

The problem with modern raiding, hell modern WoW, is a lack of immersion. When I started, you didn't have badge gear to catch up with, you didn't get to skip content or see the final boss of the game after being max level for a few hours and spending some gold that's easy to acquire on the AH.

Everything is handed to everyone now, and as you can see it leads to content drought, subscription loss, and an overall lack of interest in the game. So before you throw Legion sales numbers at me let me stop you and say a fanboy group of "men" around my age, who fall for expansion hype every single go around, preordered a game that they hadn't even seen more than a few screenshots of.

Fuck this four difficulty shit, and fuck mythic raiding. The concept of two separate difficulties and raid sizes was bad enough after BC. It's not that mythic isn't hard, it's that by the time I get there I couldn't give a shit. I've seen it all twice, at least.

@avanine

youtube.com/watch?v=DnfSoaJxe3Y

ded

Haven't been here for like 2-3 years.
Why did wpsg move from GD to ToD?

progression meme

Aerobatics still lurking here? Id like to use green's druid if youre okay with it hop on discord

Progressive raiding. No one wants to hop on a server where they can't pug old content without waiting for hours to get the people.

Reminder

>not showing damage taken

>avanine back in the guild

Yeah, is going down the shitter.

avanine never left

quit fucking crying, about loot or who's in the guild

t. everyone

he didn't leave to begin with though?

>tfw

Can I get a discord link ;^)

sure, join a guild.

Our lady avanine
Is so divine
She helps the scrubs with their loot
But everyone calls her a sloot
I would love to put my gear
Inside her rear

pottery

ded

hello?

>Fuck this four difficulty shit, and fuck mythic raiding. The concept of two separate difficulties and raid sizes was bad enough after BC
this desu senpai

im playing on dalaran and idk why more of wspg are playing there just checked on alliance there are currently 700ppl online

if you chose dalaran over tod you're probably not from this general

and no I don't play on tod, wotlk is the worst iteration of wow

ToD's Ulduar is best Ulduar, by far.

Dalaran feels more dead than it actually is. Dalaran's problem is the extreme amount of stock core class bugs and they've been left for years, sometimes things get fixed and then reverted back to their bugged state etc... Pets are still fucked after like 2 years of bug reports.

>not cata, mop or wod

yea alright

I started on dalaran before browsing wpsg you're right, but Dalaran seems the only wotlk server thats not a bugfest and has a decent population and is progress

Leveling isnt fun. Lvling rested takes less time.

Im not on your server, but I know as soon as I have a max lvl to play, my play time goes up about 5-10x what it is when lvling.

wod is the only one that can give wotlk a run for its money in being pure garbage

>tfw you have no friends that want to go back and try private servers since WoD killed wow for them
>dont want to go in solo on a private server just to have official legacy servers become a thing
this feel sucks

What is this and how many people actually play it? There is a BC server under wow-one/feenix?

Forgot the picture.

dalaran is literally the most buggy wotlk server out.
i bet you've only played there

lmao you clearly didnt play wod or wotlk the major flaw of wotlk is just introducing dk pvp wise it was the 2nd most fun expansion after tbc

Feenix isn't Blizzlike, and I can speak personally towards how fucking terrible their raid scripts are on Warsong.

>Feenix isn't Blizzlike

Well neither is Excal..