/pdg/ - Payday: The Heist, Payday 2 General

Vanilla pic edition

Previous thread: >Skill Tree Beta Calculator (might be out of date)
payday.drakendomain.net/

>Upcoming Payday 2 Tournaments:
overkillsoftware.com/payday2-tournament/

>Extremely In-Depth Guide on the Mechanics of PAYDAY 2 (think Frank found a new maintainer)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=267214370

>Skill/Weapon Stat Calculator (going to be out of date):
pd2skills.com/

>Skilltree Guide (going to be out of date):
i.imgur.com/nUXjB3J.png

>Perk Deck Guide (definitely out of date):
i.imgur.com/E6x18Bt.png

>Stat Ranking and Breakpoints (slightly out of date):
i.imgur.com/TY14uav.png

>Weapon/Armor/Damage/Pickup Spreadsheets (not up to date):
pastebin.com/dSyuTzdt

>(NEW) Weapon Skin Checklist (totally up to date):
pastebin.com/jivyLi3A

>Big Oil Engine Calculators:
payday2skills.ru/bigoil.html
albertkung.com/bigoil/

>PAYDAY Wiki:
payday.wikia.com/wiki/PAYDAY_2

>Latest Updates Here:
steamcommunity.com/app/218620

>Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/itfeelslikesomethingsintheair

>Mods and Lua:
pastebin.com/E3m0uKKn

>Weapon skin previews
pd2stash.com/

>Daily Dose
fuldans.se/?v=bawawkvbhb

people actually still play this shitpile?

>Skilltree Guide (going to be out of date):
ya fucked up, son

Ex pres with suit or lbv 70 armor lbv?

>all these gullible goyim sucking almir's dick for update 100
We deserve all the shit they give us

>last played when hoxout got released
>two weeks ago my friend brings up payday again
>4 new heisters, more DLC bullshit, microtransactions, new decks
>before I even get comfortable they also remake the skilltree into some retarded easy bullshit
good shit

7th for Counterfeit being a shitty endurance map and worse than Undercover

>skill tree updated
>remake my shotgun build
>primary is the usual kind of scattershot Raven
>secondary is a Locomotive with slug rounds and 100 accuracy that can kill shields with two shots through the shield, and hit snipers no matter how far away
>shotgun sniper

>Those new ghost concealment skills,

So OP it's just funny

>not using Rogue with suit.

Base dodge a shit, developpers seems to really hate middle grounds in this game.

I want to use med bags with rouge will I die a lot? I don't want to be the one shitter with first aid kits

>optical illusions basic

armor. Suit's too squishy, your stacks are going to be wasted.

>implying the previous skill system was hard

>endurance

you can solo DW cook off forever with silent AP turrets. 2 on the road + 2 in the garden and nothing will ever get near the house.

This

Dont you understand? 505 is the devil, Overkill dindu nuffin!

Anarchist or Grinder ?

>Can have every single stealth skill you could ever want including bag moving skills by level 40
I like some of the new loud skills but as far as stealth is concerned, the rebalance really took the nuance out it.

ECM RUSH GUIZE

the only nuance stealth used to have was choosing between ECM and body bags.

and now you don't even have to choose.
Thanks, Jack of all trades

I don't think putting them all in 1 tree actually robs the nuance. Everyone's stealth build was basically identical before, it just took more points to complete. So instead, everyone's stealth build is the same until about level 40, an then they can start spending points on other options. the intuitive choice might be putting points into dodge and crits, but you could get mines to use as extra spotters, or stack up the drill powers, or have enough points left to have a solidly playable plan B build, instead of "shit goes loud, time to restart automatically. because I have no real safety or damage output to deal with Gensec elites"

last played fuck knows when
does DLC unlocker still work? no way i'm buying all this shit

If anything its loud that's been robbed of nuance cos stealth was never that complex anyway. Before you had to choose between Inspire/pistol messiah and overkill/ICTV. Now you can have it all in a single build. Now the only real choice is if you are going to be an armored inspire shotgunner or a sentry shitter. Bit more boring now imo desu.

I like it now you can have
all ecm skills
body bags
trip mines to spot
silent saw
all at once you can also take jack of all trades so you could get stuff like
2 body bags/1 ecm
2 ecms/7 trip mines

free safes when

Its payday fellas?

>dreamed Biker had a perk deck based around bonuses for slav squatting
What the fuck is wrong with me...

shitters

I made the most accurate shotgun you can possibly make under the new skillsets and rebalances. Only four points away from perfect ;_;

With the Far Away skill, it has perfect ADS accuracy. The shot has ZERO spread. All that flechette hits exactly the same spot at any distance. It's be great for slugs, but worthless otherwise.

Now if only they'd remove the only one pellet per target hit damage restriction.

Don't cosplay me, I call this thread faggots and shitters!

>tfw you fall asleep and forget to unpause your download
>still have 800 megabytes left to download before you can play Payday

FUCK

Why would you pause it in the first place

Why would you start it in the first place

>800 megabytes
sorry for your loss

Because anything else I try to do on the Internet slows to a crawl while downloading anything.

Did they unfuck slugs to not be single pellets and instead be sniper bullets?

I thought you didn't want accuracy on shotguns because it means more spread since every pellet does the same damage anyway and doesn't stack up

I just want to put a Theia on a bronco. Is that so wrong?

That is exactly right. That weapon in question is only useful for Slugs.

Are slugs gud now?

see
I don't know.

Is that a fucking RPG ?

Is a 200 damage bronco with trigger happy aced a bit too overkill?

bronco without any pistol skills is overkill enough already

you don't need anything other than Equilibrium basic, and even that is debatable. Put points in it only if you have some to spare.

>bottom two have generic positive messages
>better call them cucks to try and invalidate them lol

this meme is retarded cancer

Yes, you should put it on the Judge instead

Keep in mind there are skills that boost your accuracy, so you really don't need a perfect 100 on the gun itself

I swear to god most of these reviews are just straight shilling. Not even an issue of the reviews being written by dumbfuck casuals that don't know how to read so they think everything's good now. This shit might as well be written by Trashly.

Lol buttmad salt shitter

Hello heisters! New side jobs are out!

Today's Daily Side Jobs are:
- I Knew What I Did Was Wrong (i_knew_what_i_was_doing_was_wrong)
- Painting Yourself Into A Corner (pink_panther)

Keep those helmets flying! ;)

Haven't played in a while, is 3 Deagles still the optimal loadout?

Deagles are dead.

3 Deagles is still the optimal loadout for whining at people to bring ammo bags because you'll run out after 5 minutes.

Really? I thought they escaped the Bataclan

Ammo pickups were nerfed, plus low ROF pistols no longer fire as fast as you can click

Get on my level.

>Fake 46

the joke
your head

There was a joke?

Let's see some raifu names

Kill yourself

Ladies first.

You first

>/k/ memes

Surprised you didn't label it a moist nugget. Now shoot yourself

What's a harder list to make, the viable weapons or the unviable weapons?

Go find out yourself you lazy shit

Just update the weapon spreadsheet.

Fuck you.

Does the skill that increases the range and power of your intimidation make it easier to convert cops?

what weapons are not worth using anymore

>Does increasing the power of your intimidation make it easier to intimidate cops?

How do you tell if a weapon is viable or not?

Deagle. Beagles are better in every way.

Do they hit damage breakpoints?
Do they have decent stats with the damage breakpoints?
Can you use them in a DW heist without being a useless piece of shit that can't kill cops?

Equip it, run some DW, rate how hard a time you have. If you're completely being carried, note why (keep running out of ammo? Not doing enough damage? Missing targets?)
So yes. If you're good enough, everything is viable and if you're shit nothing is.

Are the damage breakpoints still the same as they've always been?

Is pd2skills updated yet so I can play around with weapon mods and shit without having to sink all my money into just testing guns?

Is there a point in getting infamy anymore since the new skilltree system makes the 10% discount a little useless.

>Are the damage breakpoints still the same as they've always been?
They never really changed. Some lesser used breakpoints moved around but nobody cared about them anyway. Cop HP values were basically never changed.

>Is there a point in getting infamy anymore since the new skilltree system makes the 10% discount a little useless.
I infamyd and saved myself 2 skillpoints to put somewhere far more useful, so yeah it's useful still.

10 wankers

What are the least viable weapons even when fully modded? Assault rifles first please.

Any weapon that cant hit a breakpoint, the most common one, 40

>Not having skins
>Being this much of a shitter

I have all the skins unlocked

Anyone who wants to try to finish Goat Simulator Pro on Deathwish?

Ive got all the ones that don't look like shit.
All 6 of them.

None of them are horrible, but the Queens wrath and Valkyria are most mediocre, though the Valkyria can be made pretty decent with silencer skills. The Dragan rifle would be pretty shit too if it didn't have a good RoF as a saving grace.

What went wrong?

What's the maximum amount of skillpoints now? Still 120?

YEAH

Is a primary shotgun plus a saw worth using or should I bring a rifle or LMG instead?

What's a good secondary to use with a primary shotgun? Should it be an SMG or an accurate pistol, or the China Puff or RPG? Or would it be better to take a rifle or LMG when using the China Puff?

Take the m16 with your china puff for maximum IT AINT ME

>shotgun plus a saw
That's a question that depends on which heist you're playing

Really all those questions depend on your build as well.

Havent played in a while, is Muscle better than Grinder after the nerf? Is the new deck any good? Any other decks good?

Muscle and Grinder are situational, not one better than the other.

I want to do an ICTV Techforcer like I always did back in the day. Have one build for straight firepower and one for opening everything probably, not sure exactly what I want to do yet.

Can I make that work while still having the drill, c4 and saw skills, or should I go with a build meant for wearing a ballistic vest?

I had the most fun being the ICTV wall with a loco shotgun, and the drill skills and saw are just good for clearing heists quickly.

What's the good perk deck for that? I always used Armorer.

LMG + Loco and M79 + loco were both fun, never really used the Piglet much, but I've been wanting to try out primary shotguns a bit since I've heard they're viable now.

Did they remove the ammo pickup penalty from 000 Buck or just the ammo capacity penalty?

Infiltrator
They are
No penalty anymore

>infiltrator
Really?

So there's not reason to not use 000 buck now right?