/twg/ - Total War General

Mods = Fags edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Old and busted

why did the thread die early? somone got a vendetta against the greatest of games?

Yo what happened to the last thread?

w-what happened to the thread

Did you jokers reach critical shitposting levels this early?

Are you guys watching the tournament? when the hell was this announced? isn't the game unbalanced as fuck in multiplayer?

this event is going in the book of grudges

hot pockets strike again
cant handle the banter

FOR FREE
O
R

F
R
E
E

No but literally what was wrong?

There wasn't even offtopic posting as far as I could see

would you play a warhammer rpg?

Well it definitely didn't go to page 10...

If you're gonna mod something that tame explain why at least

Veeky Forums fucked up. The thread was on page 10 for like 4 hours, it didn't ever get bumped for some reason.

probably a /gsg/ moderator

So when it comes to high level performance in campaign, do we all agree that:

>Mannfred tier
Mannfred von Carstein

>Great tier
Karl Franz
Kholek Suneater
Azhag the Slaughterer

>Good tier
Archaon the Everchosen
Grimgor Ironhide
Ungrim Ironfist

>Okay tier
Thorgrim Grudgebearer
Sigvald the Magnificent
Balthasar Gelt

>JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
Heinrich Kemmler

mods confirmed for butthurt history chumps who hate fantasy

>It didn't ever get bumped for some reason
autosage is a thing user...

Drop Azhag to okay

By the time he gets strong you don't really need a legendary lord to win.

Meanwhile Karl/Mannfred/Arcaheon/Kholek can carry armies on their own

>When Archaon finally completed his centuries long odyssey throughout the dark places of the world and was crowned Lord of the End Times, he immediately began work to add the remaining Northern tribes who had not yet pledged themselves to his apocalyptic banner to his vast armies.

>Within a short time, he had succeeded in bringing every last tribe, clan or warrior-band that had ever vied for control of the tainted Northlands under his iron-fisted rule. Bloodthirsty Aeslings and barbaric Baersonlings, wily Skaelings and sea-faring Sarls, twisted Vargs, savage Graelings and berserker Bjornlings and a thousand other hard-hearted Norse tribes aside, all did answer the Everchosen's call.

Threadly reminder that Chaos players who don't conquer Norsca first are free to play however they feel like tbqh

autosage doesn't happen at 100 posts user...

desu I miss warhammer online a lot now. I played it back in 2008 for one year I think but I was totally new to the whole setting.

Seeing all the places now in TWW really brings back memories.

yeah after you reach 750 posts that the old thread didn't have....................

>that fucking hero snipe tournament meta

great fucking game TW babies

Mods can make stuff autosage

mods can toggle autosage

and all other threads were being bumped

tournament tier high level play meta is always fucking cancer in games that aren't made for it, shit like MOBAs and FPSs generally play more or less the same way at most levels, unbalanced strategy shit gets full fucking retard real fast

I was kinda hoping the esl tournament would highlight how terribly MP is balanced

CA can't exactly pretend they're not aware of it now, though they can still choose to give vs. players the shaft anyway

My current Karl Franz army consists of:
1 Karl Franz, 1 Wizard (he's pretty shit desu), 4 Reiksguard, 3 Mortars, 3 Crossbows, 2 Halberds (in case of monsters) and 6 Greatswords

Is this good in your opinion? Should I replace all Reiksguard with Demigryphs? I will soon be able to recruit them
Should I get rid of the wizard? He's the one the game gave me at the start he's just not that good

replace reiksguard with demis. Instead of Wizard I'd use a veteran and put him with your frontline. At high levels his leadership bonus makes your frontline almost never route which is more valuable than one unit in my opinion.

Sounds fairly solid to me, but you might as well replace the halberds with Demigryph halberds, and also the rest of your army with demigryphs and put Karl on deathclaw

seriously though that army sounds fine

Yeah but balancing around mp would make sp way less fun

Once Karl picks up a ring of fireballs, that wizard is nothing but dead weight.

Reiksguard I find are just fine for the role, you don't need to replace with demis unless you like overkill and have the economy to support that fetish.

Demigryphs are clutch.
But reiksguard are good enough.
Also get steam tanks.
Wizard is fine.

Replace one mortar with rockets. Also, keep two reiksguard for flavour, don't be a boring min-maxer. I'd keep the wizard because I like the buffs, but you could replace him with a steam tank or hero.

Yes to the Demigryphs, and yes to get rid of the Wizard. Finished my Hard Empire campaign the other day and realized that I never used any heroes beyond Warrior Priests for the replenishment and reduction to Vampire and Chaos shits.

Light wizards are good

Their spell to stop the enemy from moving is great

Whenever I've seen people play multiplayer and stream it (Not high level, shit like Darren vs Legend or shit) they always agree on basic rules like "no X" or "only two Y" or shit like that.

Fuck. was for Quote got removed.

Wow CA really got the age of sigmar experience of self-balancing down!

Classic scrub thinking

Rollan!
Mods suck

No, scrub thinking is picking whatever is most broken and stuffing your army full of that and expecting easy wins.

I've heard people say rockets are shit but honestly if you don't get enjoyment out of sticking as many rocket squads into your army as you can get away with you're a sad person, it might not be very efficient or effective to have 4 or 6 rocket dudes but shit, if you're Empire you're probably going to reach a point in the campaign where you can build armies out of whatever the fuck you want and get away with it

So 90% of /twg/?

Quick question if anyone can help. I heard that different provinces are better for raising specific units and some are better for making money. My question is how can you tell? For example what provinces makes money for empire or which one has bonuses to siege barracks?

THA'S GOIN IN THE BOOK LADDIE

i would fight honorably

If it has a special resource like iron or lumber, you might be able to also build a purple chain building that gives units recruitment bonuses. For example an iron province giving black orcs +3 ranks and -20% recruitment.

The age of the Vampire is nigh.

Additionally important settlements have a yellow castle icon in the tactical map.
Usually faction specific buildings.

>People keep supporting Warhammer even though it continues CAs decline into casual arcadey streamlined doom

you fuckbois are going to turn total war into a fucking moba

but that bonus is global, right?

demigryph nerf fucking when? find enemy stationary demigryphs in the forest, he was trying to charge me suddenly, charge him with my chaos lances, poison doggies and great weapon marauders

demigryphs with halberds kill them all, what the fuck, they were stationary, they didnt even get a charge and they still kill chaos lances, posion dogs AND marauders with great axes

Lancers cost 1600, Demis 1400 explain this shit to me? you are damn right I am mad

and dont even get me started on the fact that empire spearmen cost only 300, you know what other unit costs 300? gobbos

I would use cannons instead of the mortar since its easier to fire and extremely devastating close range.

However most of games are in slow motion once fighting commences so if you play normal you maybe wont have time to fire yourself.

nope, they're always local unless otherwise specified.

Here's your (you)

The book of grudges is the dumbest thing I have eber heard off. In fact are dwarves the most ass backwards race of idiots ever conceived? It's no wonder their "civilization" is on a steep decline probably due to thier stupidity

>you will never be this poor

feels good

too bad you're missing out, it's the best TW in forever
maybe you can get it in a few years when it's $5 :)

TOTAL WAR: ARENA
they beat you to it
I've done 2 campaigns on very hard, so i feel a little stupid now.

attila was far more complex than whatever old piece of crap you worship, yet no one played it

Grimgor is a beast in emlee so I was extremely worried when my level 25 mannfred was gonna go up against him but I noticed somethiing. sure he'll kill your whole army if you let him but instead of killing grimgor just get him to rout and it's over. Grimgor only got 54 kills against me and since my whole army is causing fear and mannfred was spamming leadership debuffs Grimgor routed very early and his whole army followed

What's the point in resources like furs and wine. Just for trade?

You shut you fucking face umgi

They give special buildings with different bonuses. They also increase trade yes.

empire was by far the easiest campaign i've completed on very hard so far. Their basic units are good and their end game units are ridiculous.

Grimgor is a giant ugly pushover

Furs give greenskins the beast lairz building, and wine is like a public order + income in a single slot.

>new Radious units update
>Dwarfs with polearms
>Black Orc Cavalry
>Savage Orcs with spears

Bring on the Dwarf Boar Cavalry.

I am one of the Asur you blind bearded stuntie.

What's the best way to build carry mannfred? I'm going single nuke just to shoot lords and cause easy routes

Sounds like pic related in TiTs.

Still mad we kicked your shaven perfect little arse you knife eared piece of shit?

Eh they made attila which was the best complex TW ever but with kinda lame battles and now they've made warhammer which is simpler but immensely fun in battle

best of both worlds

Yeah once you get end game units as empire there's no challenge left

I delayed the last quest and won so hard that the ai reinforcements routed the moment they spawned

>Dwarfs needing polearms
>when their infantry fuck up cavalry without

Get life leech fate of bajuna and then get lighting strike and some melee and support

An army? To carry Manfred "Tempelhof? More like Ponyhof" von Carstein?

anyone realize how horrible chaos will be when we get woodelves? fast skirmish units.

What game is this?

radious pls

>spaghetti line two units of dogs in to bite down the great gates
>AI literally has no response to this
>it's faster than using a battering ram

Attila

hence the huns

desu singleplayer is easy with any faction, its MP that annoys me, I think at this point I'll just leave the match before it even starts if the other guy picks empire

I dont want to fight cheese with cheese, but otherwise there is no way to beat the fucking demigryphs, them being so cheap is a crime against humanity, considering that they outperform a fucking steam tank

>losing the varghulf
That's just not right

how do you beat large unit spam?
3 arachnaroks at a gate 2 gates I had 2 artillery batteries and some trollhammer torpedoes and a master engineer at each gate and couldn't kill a single arachnarok

Is the dark sun of whatever spell any good?

I've never bothered to get it

Battle took 20min~ and I lost the whole army after around 3min even though I thought with the map border against my back.

But manfred stood alone in the middle of enemies and just refused to die.

Later he took all the settlements by himself (only on hard tho)

Oh boy I just remembered its summer.

Whats your first total war, amigos? Shogun 2 I'm guessing? ;-)

The worst thing about the Dwarfs he added is that the polearms don't even look Dwarfen.

The blade looks like a rusty glaive and the shaft is made of undecorated wood with random spikes coming out of it.

No proper Dwarf would be caught dead wielding something like that.

Anything is faster than a battering ram
Ironbreakers somehow fuck up monsters something special

>spaghetti line

What the hell is this?

Soooo is the Chaos DLC worth it ?

It's 8€ now
As a historyfag I thought I could ignore the game but the appeal of TW is too stonk, I'm going to yield to temptation ;_;

I won with a dwarf garrison against a chaos stack, I positioned the cannon right infront of the gate with 2 miners on the side and the rest of the units to defend the wall.

Miners stopped the enemy at the gate while I manually shot into the blob with the cannon over and over again.

I know the battering ram is nigh useless, but the fact that I'm biting down the gates is ridiculous. Couldn't they implement some kind of armor value onto the gate to make this less viable?

I'm not even giving you a legitimate response

You kids need to do some searching and play the superior games in the series.

Not whatever newest wet fart CA churns out

;--)

Rule of thumb is to never get vortex spells
They suck big time

Gotta love the RNG of the Empire campaign. Skullfuckerz burn Grunburg after I take it, the Orcs with the blue skull come down aswell after razing Carroburg and the rebels invite Marienburg so after I take the settlement in the southwest I'm immediately attacked by the Marienburg stack full of Pistoliers I have no way of fighting off.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Rome was so much fun and it's fairly similar to TWW

>I'm not even giving you a legitimate response

But it's a legitimate question.