/edg/

Not on my watch

>2.1
Lots of improvements overall, the engineers added a system that acts as a time sink and lets you improve your ship beyond normal grade upgrades.

>etn.io
Route planner but can be used to find the shit you need in your vicinity.

>roguey.co.uk/elite-dangerous/
Database with mostly updated info on where to find the modules and ships you want.

>Do we have a playergroup?
Not yet. Playing together is actually fun though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u4bDrZtiGoI
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=260928
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bUMP

Anyone wanna wing up? I'm at Malaikudi.

Whats great about that system?

Its probably just where he happened to be. Every system is the same except with minor exceptions

>pristine rings
>faction hq
>smuggler systems like robigo

Did they kill res farming.
I'm pledged to Hudson and wanted to dark because of 100% bonus.
Don't have anyone wanted at high res and get constant spawns from other powers who are thought as fuck and worth 200cr and sometimes not even that

And nothing with relogging? Try hazres or the regular. Once they fucked everything BUT normal RES.

If only /edg/ would live, damnit.

if only this game would live

but we can't always get what we want

stop being so entitled :^)

What's a good smuggling/long range trading planet? I need to do something after Robigo.

Fehu, Maia, Quince

I love brabonposting more than actually playing the game desu

haha right on cmdr o7

+rep

>mission is to deliver slaves to Tartarus Station
>dock in
>no option to complete the mission
???

GET VISION'D BITCH

fugg :DDD

PLUSS REB :D:D:D

ded serb

That's a hunchback if I ever saw one.

I thought about making a new thread since I saw the last one died but decided to let it sleep.

It appears that /edg/ will never die. The hatred burns eternal.

Why can't this game ever be good /edg/?

Oh but it is.

>Post this video on the forums, since it basically covers the forums to a tee youtube.com/watch?v=u4bDrZtiGoI

>mfw the ensuing butthurt/cognitive dissonance

I miss the old /edg/ comics and shit we used to come up with back before hate gripped our hearts.

I wish they'd add tracer-effect for cannon, it would complete nicely my dakka-loadout.

AHAHAHA
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=260928

Since they cater to the dad's people like him will probably get their wish and the game will keep being a snoozfest.

>toggleable son mode, target an NPC and set it to 'show your kid' so you can let your wife's son pilot your spaceship and easily kill the target.

I hope that AI bitch reads that and realizes that her "tweaks" are fucking over the most loyal part of the fanbase they ever had insted of EVIL GRIFERS she want's to punish so desperately.

She's too busy writing pig fantasies

*Chuckles in the background*

*strokes a dog*
;)

thoughts on mercs of mikunn? havent played gaym enough to know if they're shit or not. backstory seems cool though

>Meanwhile, on Bizzaro /edg/......

Why does the SRV have to unload on return to ship? If i have 4 SRVs, why can't it give me 8 extra cargo potential?

>We would be posting different engineer ship builds and and varied modifications, experimenting with different metas and even posting absurd joke builds because the system encourages experimentation and gives the player room to play around.

>We would be posting amusing greentext stories about our awesome adventures in game, whether it's discussion around the varied and entertaining missions, or just interesting encounters with other players.

>discussing and theorizing over the advancing story line and plot, and the Thargoids and other various alien races fall into the grand scheme of everything.

>Powerplay rivals would gloat over who's faction was better, discussing the different perks and rewards and just how getting involved with power play is totally worth it. There would be even talk of /edg/ gunning to make their own player faction get recognized as a power play faction.

>Discussing how game changing and engaging
the latest community goal is, and how the stakes have never been higher.

>every activity in the game would be profitable, and engaging. There is no talk of grind.

>There would be hope for the future.......

This hurt to read

I didn't need that. Not at all.

Ok, i laughed

ow dude

I have no image in my collection to express the feels or lack there of, so have this, an image of what could have been but never will be.

FUCK

This just makes me mad and want to punish the dads for all the evil they've brought to this world.

Just another thing the babyboomers have ruined for the rest of us.

Stop reminding me of what could have been

JUST

>tfw Freelancer Discovery has all those nice things
>tfw can't fucking stand their forced cringy RP and community full of retards and furfaggots
Space games are dead, Jim.

didn't know i was gonna cry today

Original poster of now i regret everything...

every time i see this photo i laugh at the light sticks in his hands. i guess theyre supposed to be weapons but they make him look like an edgy runway assistant

and some wonder why we hate FD so much

Requesting the VISION image, any and all of them.

>I didn't ask for this

dumping brabens

Reminder that viper mk3 needs a buff and viper mk4 needs a bigger buff

This whole game needs a buff my dude

Don't worry friend, I'm sure they will include a Viper Mk5 in the next paid expansion.

now with omnidirectional spoilers in 50 places and the turn rate of a type 9

The amount of time it takes to do anything in this game is staggering.
Even getting to and docking station is a fucking chore.

I enjoy docking but holy shit I don't understand supercruise. It wouldn't be so much of a nightmare if accelerating and decelerating wasn't soul crushingly slow.

>yfw loop of shame

Whoever made supercruise the way it is needs to be drown in a lake. What the fuck is this bullshit? I start accelerating with my throttle at zero? acceleration from a dead stop seems completely random and deceleration seems to depend on what you're targeting. If I didn't know better, I'd say the whole thing was a buggy concept.

I really like the concept myself, max acceleration is based on where you are in relation to each planetary body's gravity well, and current acceleration is 'optimized' depending on what you are flying and what you are targeting.

I've never had the issues you mention, but it's certainly not a fun or easy system to work with.

It's a really nice idea, but they could do to implement it a whole load better.

Is it worth it to run Sothis missions to get a python and outfit/engimeme it for exploration duty or just run sothis until suicide and get an exploration anaconda at like 200m credits? I have around 45mil in credits, 60-70million in total assets

Or just buy an
>ASP

Awesome art.

Also put the word elite in the title so it is easier too find

ThisI've made it to Sag A on ASP. I have enough money to outfit Conda but if I had to go to Sag one more time if still do it in ASP

I hate the asp and its memery i want a big nice ship to explore in not a honda civic-tier ship

Anyone made a site yet with a guide explaining how to get shit for engineers?

>i want
Look at this entitled, privileged scum.
Next thing you'll be saying that Fdevs actually owe you game updates........kids these days.............

I no longer have the desire to play after reading this. Thank you for breaking the curse.

Haha right on cmdr o7

+rep

I sometimes wonder what hell would have been waiting for everyone had they stuck with sub-luminal speeds.

This. I can understand a max speed in a gravity well but for fucks sake there's no reason for it to accelerate and decelerate so goddamn slowly.

>coming in to destination
>miss the safe exit from FS by .3Mm/s

guys got grinded like 3-4,5mil credits.
how should i proceed now?
all that was mix of bounties, trade and exploration.
I really appreciate some goo ideas.
Any good trade routes?
What ship should i get?
i mostly play offline

try playing a better game

I like the DB Scout the best. Its like a space Apache. As for want to do, that's always the same. Grind until you can't bear it anymore then uninstall.

I hear the vulture is a great ship to make money in

what would be a better game

All deepens on what your goal is.
Get more money? Buy ship with biggest cargo hold and best FSD and keep doing missions high profit missions until you can afford Python. Don't bother with trading it's not worth it.
Exploring? Grind until you can outfit explorational ASP
Combat? That's complicated. Basically you can get any ship, that isn't obvious space truck, and start fighting.

anything but this one

>I like the DB Scout the best
had it but i wish i could at least fly a higher tier ship before i uninstall lol
>As for want to do, that's always the same. Grind until you can't bear it anymore then uninstall.

that sounds sad user, sad and soulcrushing

i like making money but i have absolutely no idea how to do it efficently.
i was kinda "bruteforcing" for small amounts.
but getting like 300 mil would literally kill me

but i like it... can't help being space nerd...
only way i can explore the universe because real life sucks nigger dick

i get you my dude

but i'm just trying to save you from grinding endlessly for months to come.

Actually community goals is a pretty good way to make money. With last update they've made it easier to find them. You can see them on mission board. Community goals pay out depending on how much you contributed to the goal. The current ones, where you have to mine gold, are shit. But there is one, you have to turn in combat bounties. If you get 2-4 bounties you're already guaranteed to be top 75% and that would lend you 3-5mil by the end of the week. You could invest more time by getting more bounties and get to top 50-25%. You would make 4 times the money you have now with less effort.

literally just hit a high RES with any ship

stick around the system security, swoop in when their target is at like 5% health. if you get an instance that spawns condas, FDLs, clippers, pythons and federal X ships you'll pull a couple million in an hour or so without much effort or risk

The funny thing is that this game is fucking awful for dads. At least if you have a young kid. No pause, 15 second logout timer, more if you're in combat. Takes a fucking retarded amount of time to get anywhere.

Even with an older kid you can't play together cause that's borderline child abuse.

When was the last time you did high res? It's fucking impossible now

>15 second logout timer if you're in combat
fucked up in my dadrage.

about 8 minutes ago. average hour run, pulled in 14mil but i've got 2x bounties due to hudson. literally just don't engage alone, let the fucktons of security kill them and then take the kill at the end

I have 2x Hudson too. Security never fucking comes and I get pp ships up my ass all the times.
I've seriously given up I don't know what to do.

what's your ingame cmdr name? we can BH together in this baller system if you want