Is history-based guilt a zero-sum game?

Is history-based guilt a zero-sum game?

For example, should young German women of today pay for the sins of their ancestors?

German sins are of course numerous. Do you think Angela Merkel knows this and purposely invites rapists to her country as a form of redemption?

Do you think German women being raped by Muslims makes u pfor German sins through history?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/07/10/leaked-document-says-2000-men-allegedly-assaulted-1200-german-women-on-new-years-eve/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Angela Merkel

So I told /pol/ to break the rules.

They actually did it the absolute madmen

Angela Merkel is merely a DDR deep cover agent who is trying to bring down the dirty wessies.

Yes

Centuries of western imperialism and oppression of minorities is finally coming back to bite the bourgeoise in the ass

>Is history-based guilt a zero-sum game?
Yes
>For example, should young German women of today pay for the sins of their ancestors?
No, really any history-based guilt is idiotic.
>German sins are of course numerous. Do you think Angela Merkel knows this and purposely invites rapists to her country as a form of redemption?
I think Angela Merkel believes that what she's doing is genuinely good. I think she believes that she's saving Germany's economic future and giving hundreds of thousands of Muslims a Western way of life with no repercussions. She wants to have her cake and eat it too, except in reality someone dropped the cake on the way to the wedding and it got replaced it with a car bomb.
>Do you think German women being raped by Muslims makes u pfor German sins through history?
Two wrongs don't make a right. I suppose you could certainly call what's happening now a proper vengeance, but it's by no means just. You could look into any nation's history and pick a certain time period and say "look at all of these bad people doing bad things!"

>"Leaked document"
>No source

You realize that that's a fraud and only rightist Americans who ruined their country under Bush believe that Europe is that bad?

>what is Cologne
>dude nothing is happening haha close your eyes man refugees welcome

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/07/10/leaked-document-says-2000-men-allegedly-assaulted-1200-german-women-on-new-years-eve/

>But numbers that are now emerging are likely to shock a country still coming to terms with what happened in Cologne more than half a year ago. According to a leaked police document, published by Germany's Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper and broadcasters NDR and WDR, the previous estimates have to be dramatically revised — upward.

wow...really makes you think

I'm an European and I fucked off from the EU precisely because of this islamic fuckery, the entire continent is going down the drain.

>le pay for the sins of your ancestors
nothing needs to be made up for

counting every individual misdeed of every individual German person as the unified "German sins" is an almost comical example of why collectivism is fucking stupid.

>Do you think Angela Merkel knows this and purposely invites rapists to her country as a form of redemption?
wouldn't surprise me

nice b8, 10/10 I'm mad

Can reality even be called bait? It's not like someone made it up to make you mad, it just happened.

>paying for sins that won't be considered sins in X number of generations when the social/political climate changes

>Is history-based guilt a zero-sum game?

Supposing that an individual desires to identify with a particular grouping, it is fair to say certain social-cultural burdens must be accepted.
I won't assign a good/bad ratio to it, but the pragmatic value is clearly there ( i.e Political/Cultural Perceptions, Geopolitical Cause-and-Effect and so on).

>For example, should young German women of today pay for the sins of their ancestors?

>German sins are of course numerous. Do you think Angela Merkel knows this and purposely invites rapists to her country as a form of redemption?

>Do you think German women being raped by Muslims makes u pfor German sins through history?

Would you care to unload this question?
It's not a wrong thing to ask, but the answer will not be as valuable or applicable should the apparatus be so closed.

Will you offer yourself to be raped and killed once you realize the sins of your ancestors and ancestors of other people in your particular group?

It seems like b8, so yes. I guess it's "possible" that someone could believe this, but I really don't believe that they'd post such a simple and typical version of it here.

Say what you will of Veeky Forums, but if someone bothers to come here with an opinion that's controversial they do a little bit better job of defending it. This post is either b8 or someone who's literally never been to Veeky Forums before.

Not unless I desired to admit myself into a particular group, no.

However, you seem to be supposing that rape and murder are universalistic punishments for instances of historical misconduct.

Again, the question is shortsighted, and presupposes an answer.
Something of value can be realized should we broaden our view.

>you seem to be supposing that rape and murder are universalistic punishments for instances of historical misconduct.

I'm not. If anything it seems like you are.

Or, (and this is insidious), they post it without any argument, then let the posters argue amongst themselves and create one for it, so they can use it in other situations

Jesus christ why is literally every /pol/cuck homogenous in their typing style their dogshit vibes and the unfounded questions they ask

What sound argument could be used for it?

I don't know, but give someone enough time and they can make up an argument for anything

>uh oh I'm forced to face my country's future instead of hiding myself behind artifacts of the past
>better lash out at /pol/

Would you be willing to pose the question again?

Maybe he plans to escape to Siberia, so he has no reason to care about his future?

>his future
his country's future*

race doesn't exist.

>More than 2,000 men were allegedly involved, and 120 suspects — about half of them foreign nationals who had only recently arrived in Germany — have been identified.
>120 suspects — about half of them foreign nationals
>60 immigrants

We don't know how many of these assaults were performed by /pol/'s favourite muslim stereotypes.

>Should you pay for the sins of your ancestors
Silly idea. Almost every human would be a target for potential violent retribution.

Learning about the sins of our ancestors however may make us less likely to commit them ourselves.

Therefore no such thing as genocide, or Jews or Germans only Humans.

Not entire. Just western cucks

t.visegrad 4

Taky doufám.