/twg/ - Total War General

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Old one

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698586802
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698640427
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>"In a statement made on Monday The Creative Assembly confirmed the Total War YouTube personality known as "Arch Warhammer" had been bought on to the creative team for the next two titles in the Total War: Warhammer series."

>"We look forward to working with someone who can take the game(s) in a better and more source accurate direction while sharing our enthusiasm for the Total War franchise."

WAKE ME UP

Guys, why the fuck does the AI do this?
3 god damn full armies standing right next to my settlement, and this halph dead dipshit comes up and besieges it.

I thought the AI is intelligent ffs.

TWW btw.

>kill them, raise them!

That's a depleted waagh stack. Their leader just sent them to die like any human would.

source for this?

Anybody try out the new release of Europa Barbarorum 2 yet, downloading it now, after playing a good bit of warhammer ive got a \hist\ itch to scratch

I'm guessing his lower colon.

It's a shitpost, why would they bring in Arch for anything when he's so irrelevant to them he didn't even get a review copy? Despite that nearly every fucked with a youtube channel got one.

Nice

wtf is up with your finances?

>not playing on Ultra unit-size

More Lizardmen units incoming for BotET.

Also autism.

SUMMON

Reminder that Dwarfs will never EVER have tanks

>think they're master engineers
>still use catapults
Lmao

THE SUMMONED SKULL

you know they use fucking AH-64s right?

>"we don't need tanks"
>as the manlet scrubs goblin shit off the walls
>we're technological masters
>as the manlet shovels out an orcish shit-totem

kek, i had a huge treasure and -50k was no problem for a few turns.

Then i played for too long and didnt notice i was going broke.

Its all sorted out now though. I build expensive armies to fight off the orcs and delete them after.

Literally had 6-7 waagh armies destroying settlements and conquering provines like every turn.
They were going to gang rape me.

THIS REPLY DOES NOT HAVE MY CONSENT

>There exist people who get rid of the Empire's fancy hats

Jesus you mud wallowing animals, why don't you get rid of the nice ribboning, extravagant codpieces, love of holy script and skulls while you're at it!

is there a mod that brings even more extravagant hats into the fray?

You wish lmao

Mod when?

Monster VC unit, Summoned Skull Construct (magic damage) (AP damage) (fear aura)

How did you manage to get that huge a deficit though? Just how many stacks did you have? Did you build 100 steam tanks?

He is actually just cheating m8.

>no landschneks

>Not using superior pike and shot tactics.

kek, yes thats what i did.

20 steam tanks for every stack. I had 5 stacks i think.

But they saved my empire lel, all of them were rank 9 and i would always let them travel together.

So 40 steam tanks for every battle, it was epic.

that's epic bro

kek and epic lelz /b/ro

>Pike and shoot.
>No pikes

The Empire of Sigmar could be taken that way, with it's new units, most of which seem pretty neat.

>Play as Vamp cunts
>click on a gobling leading his army
>"Git out me head, nyaaaah!!!"
Goddamn I love the voicework in this game

Fake and gay

am I in a good enough position for now? I stayed away from Marienburg and can't expand in that diretion. It's legend so I didn't try to give those fucks a reason to attack me until I've built up my armies.

Get all of Reikland

Alternatively there also exist people who don't use the Chaos cosmetics mod.

>More helmets
>Axes and swords on guys so not everyone's so weirdly perfect uniform there
>Chainmail added over the otherwise exposed necks of helmet havers
>Other nice bits and shits to spice them up more

Idea is the same. my man

I can't, both Marienburg and some other empire faction invaded there. My best bet is to just get Pfeildorf. I intentionally stayed away from that fuckfest because every time I got into a war with Marienburg on Very Hard or above it ended up with my entire province getting declared war on from every fucking direction.

To the guy who wanted better slayers, i think it should work now, but i can't find the button that gives the 25% resistance tooltip, sorry.

i'm gonna boost the AP for grailknights now for other user.

>mfw i use this mod so greatswords actually look as ridiculously powerful as they actually are

forgot link:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698586802

>try to use tactics
>battle turns into a minute long skirmish which ends before you can do anything too smart

Kill yourself

Rollan!

I NEEEED DLC NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Vamps are so fucking annoying to play

Almost every settlement you capture has trade goods with low income just from the building
But nobody wants to trade with you (all the trading nations in the game being people you have to conquer/eliminate), whenever you do get a trade going the empire immediately declares war on your trading partner
And you can't sack shit like gobbos because of attrition

It's like playing Attila as the Jews but with worse relations and less settlement building to keep you occupied as you wait for corruption to spread

The inability for Greenskins to trade doesn't make their playthrough any harder but it makes Vamps a fuckload more annoying to play

I can't, nothing can kill me.

I'm an imperial greatswordsman

>do this in Call of Warhammer
>it bloody works
>constant Clear Victories

Although the guys at the front (usually spear, swords) get pretty fucked.

While I hated fending off doomstack after doomstack, I kinda miss it

Why does the AI give you quests to raise another army when you don't have the income to support it?

Wouldn't that ruin the games of new players who don't know any better?
Thought the whole point of quests was to guide people through a playthrough

>Go and raid a province 10 turns away for 500 gold

"no"

The point of quests is to torture and occasionally reward you

>6 turns to complete
>raid this dwarf province the other side of the mountains

Why do you even need to trade as Vampire Counts? Eastern Sylvania makes SO much money if you know what you're doing. Even without abusing agents you can get 3k a turn from that 1 province alone.

This, I pumped out so much dosh as vc I could field 4 armies of blood Knights and bribe the orbs every other turn

>blood knights
triggered

Adding to that, this is what you can achieve with agent abuse.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698640427
For the guy who wanted stronger Grail knights, just write if you want values changed.

Why

blood knights aren't in the game

>20 steam tanks for every stac
legend is that you?

>playing chaos
>first 50 turns literally drowning in gold
>decide to give it to the awakened tribes so they get stronger
>in total I donated 200 k
>turn 250, still stuck in the north because I am without money every 10 turns
>mfw VC have already taken over the empire

Mods bro :^)

How do you deal with mounted archers/gunners as chaos?

>Literally using overpowered cheat units

You can trade with vampire rebels that take over your previous neighbors as your corruption seeps into their territory.

>people still for the uniting the tribes meme

Kek

They already cost as much as a steam tank

Why the fuck would you give them money? They already make mad dosh from their OP ports and other buildings.

>giving money to batshit northern tribes

They probably threw it in the ocean to satisfy a savage old god.

Mounted axe throwers.

>give a minor empire tons of money so they're confederate
>you don't get your money back

I play on ultra but playing the game with different unit sizes is actually really fun and adds variation. If you like to use magic then play on small or medium unit sizes where they have much bigger impact.

On small, Mannfred's Spirit Leech one-shots Lords which is kinda funny.

WTF I hate skeletons now!

My enemy had a stack of grave guard and 6 crypt horrors and yeah they killed like 10 zombie units but it's just not enough. my zombies held them down for so long my elite units could clean up the rest

mercy programming. AI that are badly depleted and have no way to do anything but march around the map in circles will just siege or attack whatever so you don't have to chase them around like a retard.

>playing with an ezmode mod

blood knights weren't in the game for a reason.

They spent it on more fancy hats and codpieces.

>politicians pocket the money and live their lives in luxury because they sold out to you

The reason is so they can sell them as DLC you mongoloid, clearly it's not for balance reasons or demigryphs wouldn't be in

Dogs with poison. If you get the tech that gives them +10% speed they will catch anything on the ground.

Using historical tactics in Total War is always so much fun, even if it's rarely as effective as hammer and anvil. I liked to use Epirot Maniples in Rome 2 a lot just because they're so stable and easy to micro despite taking slightly larger pike casualties.

In the lore, they don't have them because they wouldn't really do anything with them. They live in mountains, the only reason they made gyrocopters is because they are useful for scouting between peaks. You could argue the tanks would be useful in the underways, but a stationary cannon does the same thing just as well.

Dwarfs have giant metal battle ships and a Zeppelin that has bombs and 5 organ guns, they have the technology to put a steam engine on a god damn cart then surround it with metal.

Then there is the giant ass Zeppelin that the Dwarfs and Nuln work on together than can stay airborne forever.

>implying that was ever the point of quests

Quests started as a way to simulate the way warlords have to play politics and favors with the political class even if it required making strategically unsound decisions. They're supposed to risk ruining your game for a few shiny units and money.

Why did you capitalize the M on monday here? Is that how you english? Foreign fag here

That's how it is with many of the Grudges, too. Sometimes you'll have to assassinate an ally over a 2gold dinner bill potentially ruining relations. It's actually kind of funny.

Yah, days and months get capitalized because they're proper nouns.

Days of the week are proper nouns, same as names, locations, languages etc

>The Halfling Grudge
>Karak Ziflin has stolen a Halfling that was supposed to be your cook! Never mind the impending Chaos hordes and Grimgor Ironhide dicking around in your backyard, send a Thane over to Karak Ziflin (which is now owned by Karak Norn) and brutalize their garrisoned forces!

Literally the last grudge in the book. Didn't help that Karak Norn was Karl Franz's vassal and forced me to ally with the fucking frogs to eradicate him.

THIS ACTION DOES NOT HAVE MY CONSENT

Do dawi have enough money to buy their way out of problems caused by grudging?

So Veeky Forums, what are the predictions for pic related?

>New Unit
Blood Knights
>New Hero
Probably a Greenskin one
>New Lore
No idea
>New Empire Legendary Lord
Volkmar
>2nd New Hero
No idea
New Lore of Magic
-
>New Orc Legendary Lord
Either Skarsnik or Wurrzag
>New Playable Race
Bretonnia
>inb4 Wood Elves
>New Lore of Magic
-
>New Hero
Probably a VC one.

To settle grudges, most of the time you have to go through an extremely lengthy courtroom process, which can take months, years, even decades to actually happen or get an outcome.
By that time, most people have forgotten what the grudge even was, however trivial, but a grudge still stands so they will pursue.

Depends if the background pic is indicative of the faction

You could go cause international shitstorms over your grudges, or you could use your mountains of cash to build breweries and drown your longbeards in mead.

>Having loads of fun
>Chaos shows up
>Epic battles against the Chaos LL's
>Win
>Spend the next 600 turns chasing infinite stacks of Varg and Skaeling all over the map

This shit is boring.

If it is then half the new content will be Empire.

Just peace out with them and forget they exist

>When Archaon finally completed his centuries long odyssey throughout the dark places of the world and was crowned Lord of the End Times, he immediately began work to add the remaining Northern tribes who had not yet pledged themselves to his apocalyptic banner to his vast armies.

>Within a short time, he had succeeded in bringing every last tribe, clan or warrior-band that had ever vied for control of the tainted Northlands under his iron-fisted rule. Bloodthirsty Aeslings and barbaric Baersonlings, wily Skaelings and sea-faring Sarls, twisted Vargs, savage Graelings and berserker Bjornlings and a thousand other hard-hearted Norse tribes aside, all did answer the Everchosen's call.

Threadly reminder that true Everchosens of the gods unite all of norsca before ravaging the world.

>thinking honour can be bought off by gold
THAT'S A GRUDGING

Fuck it, time for a hot buttery roll.