Here we go again. The we wuzzing has taken it's toll on the famous Hannibal of Carthage...

Here we go again. The we wuzzing has taken it's toll on the famous Hannibal of Carthage. He's now black according to the cucks at history channel.

I had to force myself to watch this episode and it was shite regardless of Hannibal being a nig.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21082907
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no one cares faggot

>He's now black according to the cucks at history channel.
The cucks at the history channel are right you fucking neckbeard.

We don't know that he was black, but we also don't know that he wasn't. We just don't know how he looked. Quit getting mad at artistic license.

There is no proof or evidence to suggest Hannibal Barcid was ever negroid in looks or black in general. Using Occam's razor, the simplest explanation is that he was a swarthy Caucasian and probably looked North Africanish even though the Carthagians were exterminated in the 3rd Punic war and the people that survived the massacre were exported as slaves to Italy.

Stop making this fucking thread

Nobody cares

See this.

Why do you care though

Seriously

This is the first thread I've made about this topic on Veeky Forums.

Because it's apporiation and it's false history being told as accurate history. The episode also stated that Scipio the Younger (who became Africanus) was at the battle of Cannea.

Yes, and?

Actually a lot of people that are into history do care because the history channel and the mainstream is feeding the dimwitted public with revisionist history.

And? What do you mean and? The little factoid about their errors in making the show being accurate shows me that they made Hannibal black for no other reason other than to please a minority group.

>Hannibal could have had dark skin

truly shocking

>no other reason

maybe they liked the actor. maybe they wanted to try something different. maybe it doesn't even fucking matter

>a cuck beyond cucks

I can see the regular posters here on Veeky Forums truly don't care about history.

>implying dark skin = negroid

What we do know is that Hannible was not negorid and the onus of trying to prove him as such falls upon Afro-centrists and the history channel.

I have seen shitstorms here over whether Cao Cao or Liu Bei was the good guy and who is the true heir to the Roman empire, why is it a crime to argue over this irrelevant shit in particular? OP might be a racist? A racist on my Veeky Forums? Oh noez!!

He wasn't black and this is an obvious case of WUZ. Luckily though people intelligent enough to see straight through this are also intelligent enough not to become /pol/tards, try to relax a little.

>le cuck

Seek help

No it's because

1) It's irrelevant shit
2) We have the same thread everyday

i care about history which means i don't care about a television show

i don't think black people have ever claimed to be descendants from hannibal. if anything it highlights carthage as a foreign enemy

honestly kill yourself

was he better than Bashir

then direct your flood of complaints towards reposting

Well if you take your history from history channel you fucking deserve to be misinformed.

No they're not.

Carthage was a Phoenician place. Hannibal would have been a semitic person.

>all the apologists in this thread

fug, his is tumblr

No, Veeky Forums is just not /pol/

>1) It's irrelevant shit

Then what are you doing on Veeky Forums?
History itself can be labelled as irrelevant shit for nerds.

>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history

The is a Veeky Forums subject. If you don't care about historical accuracy, just ignore the thread and maybe just the board entirely.

>Then what are you doing on Veeky Forums?

To discuss history, not sperg out over the casting choices of a minor tv show

Who knows if he was black or not. This is ancient times, so he was probably Mediterranean, which likely means brown of some sort. But who knows. He could have been white or black.

>If you don't care about historical accuracy

Why is the only "historical accuracy" you care about making sure everyone's skin is light enough?

We know exactly what race he was though.
Carthaginian aristocracy was Phoenician, and Hannibal especially would have had a pure blood line. Phoenicians are from modern day Israel. Adding to that, even if Hannibal had mixed with the natives, they were light skinned dark haired Libyans so he'd still be pale.

So you're 100% fine with the general public being misinformed?

Hamitic*

I think its more about his facial structure as the skin is just a minor phenotype out of many when it comes to ethnic groups.
Are you american?

>Why is the only "historical accuracy" you care about making sure everyone's skin is light enough?
It's not. The show is factually incorrect on almost everything it tells us in this episode.

what do you think?
yes, the general public is always misinformed about everything, because they consume memes instead of the nuances of evidence and truth.
wasn't hannibal half iberian.

So because it's broken, we shouldn't fix it?

>wasn't hannibal half iberian.
no

>It's not.

Sure seems like it is, since you haven't talked about anything else at all, and this thread seems to be made every day.

I only just got here, the last time this thread was up i pointed out the problems in the episode, which you ignored and again claimed its all about race. You're obsessed with race.

If people get their history from the history channel instead of academic sources, it's no duty of yours to educate them.

I have given up trying to educate people about history. I just take solace in the fact that they will be laughed out of academia if they take their WE WUZ KANGS shit there.

Hannibal was from modern day Israel? C'mon. Just like today, North Africans could be of any color, and Phonecians included.

Most casual historians don't know better, hence they'll be misled.

And while I know the kangz shit wouldn't fly in academia, how long before you've got Sharpton accusing whitey of stealing Hannibal?

>Hannibal was from modern day Israel? C'mon.
Literally yes, this is history. You know how White Americans are from modern day Europe? People colonise.

>Just like today, North Africans could be of any color, and Phonecians included.
No not like today, many Berbers are dark or even black today, this is thanks to the introduction of the camel making the impassable sahara, passable. A huge trade developed with west Africa resulting in migration north and south and race mixing. This all occured well after Carthage was gone and when Rome was in her twilight. Phoenicians were pale, they were from the Levant, many did mix, but not the upper aristocracy.

no one cares about al sharpton whining about it. The truth is the truth. It doesn't matter what some upjumped junglemonkeys think. Hannibal did what he did and made his mark on history. WE WUZ KANGS won't.

Correct but remember that Celtic, Iberian, and Italian mercenaries would have settled in Carthage and mixing their genes in that unquie Carthaginian soup. Hannibals' father was said to have a celto-Iberian slave wife.

>whether Cao Cao or Liu Bei was the good guy and who is the true heir to the Roman empire
Those are legitimate historical debates that saw actual application with regards to how later governments defined and claimed legitimacy. They are hardly irrelevant.

you're dumb as fuck

This is the most lame, least unique bait on Veeky Forums. You should feel ashamed for even caring about these types of posts.

Stop arguing this dumb shit because no one really cares.

the real FU is to Arab/Berber North Africans. why don't they take a stance defending their heritage against Wewuzism?

Livy writes that P. Cornelius Scipio was among the survivors at Cannae. Considering at the Elder succumbed to his wounds from Ticinus, we can probably assume he meant Scipio the Younger, Africanus. Of course, this may be propaganda showing Fortuna's favour of Scipio, but that does not rule the circumstance completely from possibility.

They don't speak English and this is mostly a black american phenomenon.

North African geneticists confirmed what was already obvious. Indigenous North Africans were originally black.

>Everyone ever born in Africa is black, demographics have never changed

Most people from North Africa today aren't even fucking black so why would they think that this would be the case thousands of years ago

It was confirmed they were originally Black and Berbers all have substantial levels of this ancient ancestry. It's the foundation of Berber genetics.

No it hasn't

And that still doesn't address the fact that Hannibal wasn't black

Yes it has

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21082907

His ancestry as a Tunisian Berber includes these roots, quite frankly I don't care about his portrayal.

You people sure do care about accuracy but let me ask you this.
How come you guys never seemed to care that Romans were always incorrectly portrayed as English in both looks and mannerisms when they most certainly were not?
Or how Jesus is always portrayed as an Anglo and not a middle eastern Jew?
Or how Egyptians get portrayed as white anglos?
Or any given Mel Gibson film?
Its almost like historical accuracy doesn't matter until black people are involved...

Or all the meme-spawning conspiraracytard bullshit that the "history" channel has had on for years. It only stops being funny when there's darkies involved.

Those three groups were white, though.

Jesus and Egyptians weren't White though.

Because white folks want to enter the oppression Olympics and they are going for the gold

What the fuck has that to do with his post?
Why are you going on random tangents?

It's me, I complain about those things.

English Romans are pretty prevalent but at least for Jews and Jesus and Egyptians it's usually white people with some brown makeup. It's generally acknowledged that these were browner folk than they are portrayed on screen. (Most) people don't think they looked exactly like white people.

Afrocentrists however, think that the entire North African sphere was made up of people that look like Eddie Murphy. It's aggravating, but probably just as deserving of a thread as the topics you mentioned, which is to say not very deserving.

Egyptians, Palestinians, and arabs in general are white.

Define white since the definition tends to be 'if they invented anything of note they count as white'

Part of the cacusoid race which is distinct from the Negroid, and Mongloid races. Yes this means Indians are white. Also arabs can be pretty pale skinned so they are white.

So then why the fuck even call them 'white' anymore if you're going to include millions of people with dark skin?

>he thinks race is determined by skin color
Literally as ignorant as /pol/

That's not what I said, can you fucking read?

Why use 'white' as a descriptor if you're going to lump tons of people with dark skin into that category?

Use some characteristic that they all share to mark them out.

Then use 'they invented this which I can claim credit for through mental gymnastics'

>I had to force myself to watch this episode and it was shite regardless of Hannibal being a nig.
This. This is why I can't get mad about Hannibal being black. They're at least closer. A few years ago he would have been a fucking space alien, and before that, he would have been a literal who.

>I have seen shitstorms here over whether Cao Cao or Liu Bei was the good guy and who is the true heir to the Roman empire, why is it a crime to argue over this irrelevant shit in particular?
Because that stuff is OUR shit, and you come in here wanting us to be mad about YOUR shit. It doesn't work that way nigger.

Define 'our' since you personally did not do fuck all to contribute to what they made.

Fuck you, I personally contribute the contention that the Ottomans were the Roman Empire in every single one of those shit flinging matches, and have posted
>
>
>
More times than the HRE was holy, roman, or an empire.

Let no man doubt my contribution to indigenous Veeky Forums shitposting.

Mel Gibson literally darkened Caviezel's skin and gave him a fake jew nose to make his Jesus look more middle eastern, cuck.

>English Romans are pretty prevalent
In the sense that its overplayed tripe and a cliche at this point.

Dravidians are closer to Negroids then Caucasians or Mongoloids.

Citation needed on the second point.

The negroe aspect of modern-day North Africans whereby countries like Morroco and Algeria have on average upto 20% negroid ancestry which is in large part due to the trans-Saharan slave trade of the middle-ages. NOT ANTIQUITY.

I contend that Berbers/Numidiens as well as Ancient Libyans and Carthagians were of nearly pure Caucasian stock.

Carthagians I would classify as white or near too it, certainly more whiter than say modern-day Tunisians. Why? Because as I stated before the Carthagians had genetic influx from Europe dur to their heavy use of Celtic, Spanish, Italic and even Greek mercenaries.

Hannibal is not black and the onus is placed on Afro-centrists to provide archeological, genetic and documented evidence to say he was.

Otherwise, case closed - Hannibal was not black.

Even if he was north African he wouldn't be black.

American understanding of geography(ethnography?) strikes again.

>of nearly pure Caucasian stock
Yeah right.

This is historically inaccurate.

lel. If I were a Tunisian, a Lebanese or heck even a Sicilian or a Cypriot or some other kind of Phoenician descendant I'd be hella pissed

Blackhistory should be banned. They just tell lies.

Tunisian here. Its pretty stupid because we look more like South Italians but not many of us care because we pretty much lost our cultural heritage after Islamic conquests.

Exept for our "Carthage airport" and our 2nd biggest TV station named "Hannibal"

Is Hannibal your national hero or is it some Berber?

just some Berber who fought against Romans honestly

>because we pretty much lost our cultural heritage after Islamic conquests
that made me sad desu. If things continue the way they are for Western Europe then Asia Minor and NA would not be alone in that aspect

Fuck the arabs seriously we should Nuke Mecca, Ryad and everything else and free the ancient world from the clutches of their semitic fuckery.

Modern-day Tunisians also had genetic influx from Europe due to the Barbary slave trade
While most of the Transsaharan slave trade mixing was confined to the south

He was never black. Firstly Carthage was a Phoenician colony and the Phoenicians were from the Levant area. Second they were in north africa, north africa doesnt have that many blacks like that, they are all brown people with black hair. If Hannibal was black it would have been mentioned by the romans constantly.

What you're doing is telling closet polfags that they should come out of the closet which feels pretty shitty

Veeky Forums is the 2edgy4pol board, you disagree with everything that might be slightly right of centre in the political way so that nobody can say that you're a cringy polfag because you're insecure