/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog general. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ #467 - Recolor Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10413918
tssznews.com/2016/06/03/sega-europe-on-sega-mega-drive-genesis-classics-hub-we-want-to-look-at-maybe-doing-some-different-platforms/
tssznews.com/2016/06/04/sonic-sega-fan-jam-2016-info-revealed/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fast?

Even before tumblr was bought by Yahoo the staff were pretty incompetent, you can look up stories about them by former employees if you want. It's the kind of place you'd wanna get hired by if you'd rather nap and party and shit, not do any actual coding.

Naugus will know more things about Angel Island than Knuckles could hope to.

You know, with Tails' tendency to blabber on to the point where he accidentally says too much (Like in the Adventure games), I think it'd be cute to see Tails and Relic geeking out about something together

Dead drawfags.

Time to settle this shit once and for all.

strawpoll.me/10413918

Is she the only one with thighs that are noticeable?

Depends on who's pencilling.

> no Snively

Is it wrong of me for wanting to see art of these two being lewd together?

Shit. Gotta go with the most unique one.

I'll wait until we find out who Egg Boss number twelve is.

Do not sexualize the suffering.

Eggman outright said at the start of the arc that he hasn't spoken to Snively in a while. More signs are pointing towards Wendy being hte final one
>On working terms with the Doctor on one other occasion
>Prefers tech over old fashioned magic
>Makes it a point to Walter that this is HIS problem
>Has a uniform similar to that of an Egg Boss
>Has a crush on Eggman
Most likely outcome is he beats her and then gives her an ultimatum :Join me or die. She decides to join him and Walter fucks off to Angel Island, starting Shattered

Then no lewd Sage?

That's going to be a pretty tough pill to swallow. One of them can't feel and the other's a robot.

>Recent ReleasesSonic Lost World has released on Steam!

It's dawned on me that this needs to be updated for Mario & Sonic Rio.

>One of them can't feel and the other's a robot.
The only parts of Cassia that are robotic are her eyes and ears, and whatever else is on her head to help those. She's organic everywhere else. I mean she broke her leg and felt pain from it

They already have working relations and trade agreements, putting her under his direct control by implanting her with nerve-killers seems pretty unlikely.

Relic is super cute.

I see her doing it more than anyone else, especially Snively, who's got his own plans. Would certainly explain why Wally is on his own in Shattered, though that could also be because after this she goes "This is YOUR problem, I'm out" and leaves him on his own

Why is Sally so hateful?

If you could remove one Sonic game from history which one would you pick?

And what are the consequences for erasing it?

It's too obvious, she'd stick out like a sore thumb (here are 11 cute animals and a fucking witch) and most importantly, she's not OC.

Since Ian is clearly setting up all the egg bosses to fucking die at some point they can't be SEGA characters.

Because she's a bitch.

Sonic 3. We end up getting the full game instead of paying twice for S3&K.

Sonic 1

>And what are the consequences for erasing it?
Sonic never happens.

Sega only cares about characters that they still use. They didn't care about Mighty having a sister even though there was the whole game characters can't have family mandate.

ABT's Jian most certainly does

>Since Ian is clearly setting up all the egg bosses to fucking die at some point they can't be SEGA characters.
I doubt they're all going to die, and Wendy falls outside of mandates. If she didn't, she wouldn't get a species change, an outright name change (Before this Wendy was actually a fan name) and become related to Naugus. She's a game character, but for all intents and purposes she's not. Also remember that Kukku is a game character as well
06 at least made Sonic Team realize that "Maybe we need to fix something". I'd remove Chronicles.
>Consequences
The whole Penders shitfit never happens

Probably Sonic Heroes, if I'm honest. If it's guilty of resurrecting Shadow for no more reason than to set up the next (and arguably, far worse) game of Shadow the Hedgehog, then it can go sit in the sin bin. Heroes is arguably the start of the decline of the series right the way up until Unleased, or Colours if you want to be picky.

tl;dr: Heroes never happens, Shadow's game doesn't happen, 06 probably doesn't happen. I just removed five years of bad Sonic games with one action.

>Penders doesn't quit in rage
>Ian continues writing fanficition
>I spend the past 8 years not giving half a shit about Sonic

I'm imagining that one scene from Katawa Shoujo with Rin trying to frig herself but failing and then Hisao comes up and helps her. This could work with Cassia & Clove I feel.

I was talking about the lawsuit followed by Pendering that came from Chronicles, not Penders leaving the book. Chronicles happened long after Penders left
Fund it

How can you tell? She's wearing baggy pants.

Shadow was gonna come back no matter what. Hell, might've made Shadow's game come sooner.

The Pendering was the best thing to happen to the book.

Got to go with the squid girl.

>nude squids

But she's so
What's the word
Barely even featured in the comic so far?

Blushed faces and tears galore

As in a different, but complete game or S3&K, but on another system?

What's your most unpopular Sonic opinion?

Not even that user, but she already has a defined personality and general role that it doesn't really go against her.

S3&K had mostly mediocre music.

It's either that Black Knight was actually decent, 06 had an overrated soundtrack, or that Scourge was a cool character.

>or that Scourge was a cool character.
Is that unpopular?

The second half of S3 and all of S&K had mediocre stages. Angel Island, Hydrocity and marble Gardens are all I ever replay nowadays.

>Nude hedgehogs

That just makes me want to learn more about her.

You'd be surprised as to how many people dislike the guy. He's tied with Sally for being the most divisive comic character, hell with the reboot he might have just surpassed her

>>Nude hedgehogs
Where? I only see a fully clothed Shadow.

>Sonic Underground has fantastic background art and if they took the musical parts away, would have been thought of as a classic
>Lost World was fantastic even if the story was fluff
>Most of the Penders Era stuff is enjoyable if viewed through a younger perspective
>Freedom Planet not only is good, but also had the same tone of the 90s-early 00s Sonic Comic

Considering where I am, the most unpopular one I have would be that I don't care for the comic reboot. There's good elements to it, but I've stopped caring for the most part.

>>Most of the Penders Era stuff is enjoyable if viewed through a younger perspective
So basically if you remove any and all standards or semblance of critical thinking skills the Penders stuff is good? Makes sense

No? Sounds like something some buttmad guy whose name starts with a P would put on TvTropes. Scourge takes up half of what's universally considered to be the comic's golden era, issue 175-200.

Nah, he's quite divisive. Honestly, Veeky Forums is one of the only places with a largely positive of the opinion of him. Usually it's split down the middle or negative, and the reasons he's hated are the same reasons his fans like him

you have a low opinion on younger people then

boost is the best gameplay style. It really captures the feeling of going fast. I don't care if it's hold boost to win, I still enjoy more than any other gameplay style

Tails 'brothers' relationship with Sonic is entirely artificial in the games, and it'd be best if they just dropped it and had him chase after Sonic like obnoxious fanboy like Amy and Sonic 2

Did that commission user get an idea of what he might go for?

Sonic hasn't had an amazing soundtrack since 2005

>What is Black Knight?

Lien-Da was the best female character lost to the Pendering.

Well, kids tend to have low standards anyways. I could definitely see why kids used to enjoy some of his stuff. But the minute you hit an age where you gain the ability to look at a story critically, anything Penders writes falls apart. The only way one could enjoy Penders' stuff is by not even thinking about it while they're reading it, and even then that doesn't work half the time
>Implying Unleashed's wasn't great
>Implying Black Knight's wasn't god tier
>He doesn't even Let the Speed Mend It

Not really an unpopular opinion about an existing game, but I'd really enjoy a spin off game with the main character/s being any one of Sonic's friends and their own adventures. It's a shame Shadow the Hedgehog tarnished any chance of that ever happening again.

Also I really REALLY enjoyed Sonic Heroes

But would you still like her if she had no boobs?

>Lien-Da was the best female character lost to the Pendering.
I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. Outside of maybe Hope, Matilda, or Mina if you actually like her, Lien-Da's the only female character worth a damn that we lost

This looks terrible. Never post it again.

Can't you ask /trash/ or something?

Pick from the following
>Jian the Tiger
>Relic
>Alicia Acorn (Either Sally's mom or Anti-Sally)
>Isabella Mongoose
>Rosemary Prower
>Bernadette Hedgehog
>Tekno the Canary
>Princess Alucion
>Sonar the Fennec
>Abyss the Squid
>Conquering Storm

Sasha

They'll just ask him to draw more Rouge or Amy for the millionth time.

Your joke wasn't lost on me, user.

> forgot to spoiler the image

Oh well.

Thunderbolt hate-fucking Clove.

Thanks, you won't believe how many hours I usually have to wait for my (you)s

>Clove in the 4th panel
>Hi I'm Troy McClove. You may know me from such movies as "Slowly and Painfully" and "My Sister is a Robot"

She doesn't smile very often, of course it's going to look awkward.

I'm beginning to think you have a thing for MILFs

They'll ask for someone that already has 1000+ pics like the game cast.

Thanks for the help. I've spot three potential candidates for my choice. You're welcome to speculate who those three are if you like.

If it's not Jian, Relic, and Thunderbolt I'm going to be very disappointed.

Will Clove ever be truly happy?

No.

Looks like someone else already took care of the first option.

Nothing wrong with more Amy in the world.

Especially if it's StC Amy.

Where? Usual places give me nothing

I liked Werehog gameplay more than Hedgehog gameplay.

Sega, StC, Boom. All Amys are love.

tssznews.com/2016/06/03/sega-europe-on-sega-mega-drive-genesis-classics-hub-we-want-to-look-at-maybe-doing-some-different-platforms/

tssznews.com/2016/06/04/sonic-sega-fan-jam-2016-info-revealed/

Constant Vigil.

Official Saturn emulator soon?

This place is not really much better than other Sonic sites. It just has different problems.

How many of the Egg Bosses has Maw fucked?

I'm confused. Does this mean they want to emulate other consoles like the 32X and the Saturn, or that they want to port the Mega Drive and Genesis Hub to consoles?

Pretty sure he's never met them outside of Eggman's bi-annual fucking. Different continents.

>Tails 'brothers' relationship with Sonic is entirely artificial in the games
but that is true