forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=19022.0
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20422.0.html

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/index.php/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Get your all seeing eye here:
mwomercs.com/cyclops

Play Snake on your SamsungEproduct of choice today:
mwomercs.com/viper

Light up the Night:
mwomercs.com/night-gyr

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=345&l=7e6c55e0d3585a78e114b73a71edc3bb04b07dd5
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=53&v=Y5eRBqD3mZA
twitch
youtube.com/watch?v=x2hAAUUtA40
youtu.be/fvAk_VThDPk?t=340
youtube.com/watch?v=oQ-Hk7NLcvE&list=PL09gIBBK82tG9RKK0K0P8Vm_ia2rGjIug&index=66
youtube.com/watch?v=SekUnMrNMxk
youtube.com/watch?v=CeDIm5Qpmx4
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=1&l=1e795662dc787bfe8fdcac543d2afc3bbbeb74bc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This general never had a chance.

What's been up with the last few days being nothing but random shitposting? Is the game really about to die like the official forums seem to think?

>Is the game really about to die like the official forums seem to think?

The game has been dying since the Clan launch. It just takes a long time for businesses to fail and more so for F2P games.

Every year has been full of prophecies of doom since 2012. I'm sure in 2020 people will still claim that.

Before the huge Kodiak numbers and the cash tournament I thought so but it's obviously still highly profitable.

Shitposting is nothing new.

After the very underwhelming patch that was Phase 3, yes, there's nothing else to be done here.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=345&l=7e6c55e0d3585a78e114b73a71edc3bb04b07dd5

Yay or nay?

HA HA, BUTTE HOLDE

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=53&v=Y5eRBqD3mZA
I HATE mwo

Yes because a thing on life support means it is vibrant with life.

twitch tv/stompybot/v/70129983
Latest stream from the Heavy gear beta.

>haruko's pics
>she's wearing pleb tier fake-thigh high tights instead of god tier lewd socks

Why the fuck do women try to imitate sexiness with this artificial ZR bullshit? Just pull your goddamn thigh highs up like a real woman, don't be a basic bitch with your $5 imitation nylons you bought off taobao.

ppcs/10

Rifleman comes out for cbills tomorrow, is it worth getting?

youtube.com/watch?v=x2hAAUUtA40

PPCs are fun as hell.

neg. It's a shittier Jagermech. I know we often say "X is a shittier version of Y" here but in this case it's absolutely true, they have almost exactly the same hitboxes and hardpoints, the only difference is that the Rifleman mounts smaller weapons and has less armor. The position of "tiny jager" is held by the Blackjack which, at least, can jump and run pretty fast, and is actually very small and agile.

>and is actually very small and agile.

Until it's gets resized into a shaq.

Look interesting, reminds me of tribes.

When does this come out?

nth for twilight phase of shitty canadian shovelware devs and their games.

So MWO is straight up P2W, right? Or basically P2P, right? I've been wanting to get into it, but it seems like the vast majority of content is locked behind rather high pay walls.

No, it's just grinfy as fuck.

Only play it if you are some kind of hardcore battletech fan, though. The game is essentially stuck in a minimally viable development limbo while being effectively in beta state for 3+ years now.

Is it better or worse than Hawken?

It's way better than Hawken. Hawken had devs who had no idea what they wanted to do and changed the game to piss off their playerbase several times each time dwindling resources and players.

The game is free. Give it atry if you like robots.

>make an opinion for me
if you like shooters try it, if you want walking tank sim go mwo

>wayyy better lmao

hopefully you've given up by now

>haha lmao

Hawken wasn't a bad game despite how ADH fucked up over and over again and couldn't figure out where to go. Maybe if they pulled their heads out of their asses and spent more time developing their game instead of making films and comic books it might have been great. We'll never know since it's forever unfinished and will never see another update.

That said the closed beta of MWO was already better than hawken at any point, simply because it was a proper stompy mech game with unique qualities and not another mediocre fps clone in a sea of mediocre fps.

these pig apologist are what pass for kongers nowadays?

how low you cucks have fallen

>films and comic books
At one point, the devs and the internet at large were convinced that hawken would rival League of Legends' playerbase? The game was so hyped, they were gonna do a TV series, a card game, a movie, comic books, toys, and a youtube exclusive show. Only the card game actually made it, and it's allegedly more balanced than hawken itself.

As much as the PIG is slow and stupid, it's still way better than that and always will be.

k

really?

Yes really. Hawken had a real life millionaire VC supporting it. Where do you think all that money went? Because it didn't go into the computer game.

A big chunk of the developers who worked on hawken went on to become shovelware developers working on some shitty 5v5 fps which flopped earlier this year.

And they claimed they were going to revolutionize the gaming industry. That's what hubris gets you.

Post your best mechs gents.

It was surreal. The hype surrounding it to begin with was crazy - I remember being around PAX a few years back and seeing flyers on the street and stapled to corner poles advertising Hawken with cool af art, they had big spreads in the main hall and everything.

It's fucking tragic, honestly.

Where do you find this?

Not him, but there's a mech stats page under your profile in the forum.

Yeah but it doesn't look like that. The one he linked is a lot cleaner.

>tfw trying to fight vass in GG with a new controller that somehow mixed up my button config

>mfw I face Greg, but he at least agrees to the one more.

ded thred

Another Kong Bites the dust!

>berty is online
Well shit I haven't seen him in years.

unf

Hey guys check this mountain of salt out:

youtu.be/fvAk_VThDPk?t=340

For my end of the story, this guy initiated teamkill attempts on me twice, in the only two games I ever played with him. I guess this video reveals that his idea of "critiquing bad teammates" is to kill them.
I told him if he kept messing with me he'd get banned, and now he is. I feel really honored to get a specific mention and call out including my pretty face. If he's so jimmied after only meeting me twice, I can only imagine how salty he gets over others he sees more.

How's the player count in MWO now that Overwatch is out?

10/10 bait

Guaranteed reply; thank (you).

It's pay to dodge grind.

Precious little in the game is realmoney only, as even most of the robots go from cash -> MC -> Cbills.

Maybe if all she was wearing was the socks.

She's not horrible by any definition, really.

That voice could be used to lobotomize people if you forced them to listen long enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=oQ-Hk7NLcvE&list=PL09gIBBK82tG9RKK0K0P8Vm_ia2rGjIug&index=66

WTF.. He's making fun of all my friends!

>socks

THEY'RE NOT FUCKING SOCKS THEY'RE DISGUSTING SHIT TIER IMITATION TIGHTS DESIGNED TO LOOK LIKE ZR

HARUKO IS A FUCKING SHIT

A SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Who'd a thunk triggering seagulls would be this easy?

OK, just the tights and neckpiece. And a smile.

This good enough for the kool kids klub?

youtube.com/watch?v=SekUnMrNMxk

I'd say it's a definite yay.

>She's not horrible by any definition, really.
she's actually kinda cute tbqh famm. I'm honestly a little surprised.
>tfw you lived long enough to see habasco cosplay as your favorite hag idol
what a time to be alive

What's a good mech for a first purchase? I'm new to MWO but a veteran of the franchise/FPS games.

Most folks will suggest a medium or heavy- if you do, aim at the top of the weight class- 55 for a medium, 70-75 for a heavy.

Clanwise, the Stormcrow and Timber Wolf are good choices. Marauders aren't bad IS heavies (and the Black Knight is even better), the Griffin line is a pretty popular IS medium.

Just remember that you'll end up buying at least three variants to master the chassis and to theorycraft (and post builds) via Smurfy.

Clan or IS?

SHE'S NOT CUTE SHE'S A LARDASS FROM BEING A LAZY OFFICE LADY AND RIDING HER LITTLE PLASTIC MOTORCYCLE AROUND ALL DAY INSTEAD OF WALKING

I BET HER DISGUSTING THIGHS JIGGLE CONSTANTLY WHEN SHE'S CLINGING TO HER SHITTY RICE ROCKET

FUCKING HARUKO FUCK OFF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks for the info.

Either/or. I want something that'll serve me well while I get into the game.

I bet if she did aheago pics you'd end up with a coronary.

Like Haruko will ever idol lewd you that way, you sorry boy.

HARUKO ORBITERS PLEASE DRIFT OFF INTO SPACE AND DIE

>>tfw you will never bully Haruko for having cellulite thighs and listen to her awkwardly make excuses about why she doesn't care about fitness

New player, to learn how a mech works and all I would suggest starting with a Hunchback 4G. Once you learn how to master how they work they have more armor than a Dire Wolf.

Clan Mech, I'd go around with a Timber Wolf or so. Clans are expensive as shit right now, and they're underpowered atm. But they have a really hard learning curve.

>Talking about my waifu like I wouldn't know
ill find u noobs
ill fuck u noobs up

Heavies are the most common type you'll run into in MWO, being sufficiently mobile while still packing plentiful firepower and good armor.

Lights take more effort and constant mobility but can generate obscene firepower-to-weight ratios (Arctic Cheetah, Jenner IIC all-missiles variant, Oxide (Jenner Hero), Firestarter).

Mediums tend to not get enough mobility to compensate for the lighter armor and lesser firepower than a heavy, but even so there's some good ones and even unique roles. Streak-boating Stormcrows are the bane of light 'Mechs everywhere, for example.

Assaults tend to suffer from all-in syndrome- that is, most aren't mobile enough to get out of trouble, only shoot their way out of it if possible.

This tends not to work when you get left behind and swarmed by lights or gangbanged because you're a hueg target. Right now, the best assault (Kodiak) is so new it's real money, but even so it's fucking common as hell because it's the first competent Clan assault not held back by one major flaw or another. IS side, the Mauler is a brutal dakka boat (but clumsy with a full load), the Atlas can be a 100-ton linebreaker ram, the King Crab is a decent if low-slung assault with capable builds...but PUG assault piloting can be a very frustrating place if you're not agile enough to keep up with the heavy deathball.

If he's going Hunchbacks, the -SP is one of the most durable ones of the bunch and doesn't have the "shoot me" hump.

Or the Hunchback IIC line, of course- aka babby Kodiaks. They're C-bill and quite decent, if more fragile gunboats than the IS version.

4G and the 4P Are not bad Hunchies. They're probably the best starting mechs in game to help learn with rolling armor, and having awesome fire power.

Just remember, Clan is Expensive, and Inner Sphere is Cheap

>you will never rub one out between Nana-Haruko's bunny ears

Why live?

I'm a big fan of the Hunchback from the table top game (I'm a fa/tg/uy, truth be told), so maybe I'll roll with that. Is the 4G solid?

Actually, the IICs aren't too bad in that regard. And a lot of "fun tax" critical upgrades like double heat sinks are already built in, part of the higher base cost.

I like the whole get-up, but the tights/socks around those thighs and legs is a definite UNF

4g Starts with AC/20 1 Small in the head and 2 mediums in the arms. It has decent quirks and is probably a great starter if you like Hunchbacks. Either the 4g or the 4p Variant that has all the energy hard points on it.

the IIC arnt bad, but they just seem really squishy compared to their IS counter parts even though they are cheap.

>8 medium lasers on the 4p

God damn, now I'm conflicted.

4P for Energy Boat, 4G for Smack down of the Ballistic. Its a tough choice. Infinite Damage VS Ammo

Alright, I grabbed the 4G, and I'll nab the 4P when I save up enough for it.

The -4G literally is the original medium from the very start of the MWO, the first of it's kind here.

It's still reasonably good but incredibly predictable due to being around so long that everyone knows it's tricks. The Hunchback line is pretty predictable based on their bonuses (quirks), but that doesn't mean they're not GOOD old dog tricks- and there's some really decent quirkage in the various lines.

Take the -4H. Five energy hardpoints (given one's in the head so nothing bug there). 20% better energy cooldown. 20% less heat firing energy weapons. Yeah, it's got AC/10 quirks too but boooy will it snap out laser fire quick and cold.

The -4G's best with an AC/20 mount, but it can get plenty of reach, speed AND accuracy out of whatever dakka you put in that hump.

When you're looking at 'Mechs, always have an eye for their quirks, which can mean a chassis seriously throws more weight around than you'd think. Black Knights are terrorbots because they're not only laserboats, but well-quirked ones.

An Oldie but a good video. youtube.com/watch?v=CeDIm5Qpmx4

You're also going to want to refit it ASAP.

Double heatsinks. Bar none. Playing with singles in MWO is torture. I'd suggest Endosteel as well- only do ferro as the last-resort on IS builds as endo + standard armor is more weight efficient than standard internals + ferro.

This is a reasonable "stock-plus" build to start off with:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=1&l=1e795662dc787bfe8fdcac543d2afc3bbbeb74bc

That's Smurfy, a wonderful way to theorycraft build before you shit yourself spending your spacebux on bad builds. Read up, it's also got quirk and equipment info a-plenty.

is this still good

Yes it still is, but its predicable as said by Current meta in game is boating all Energy weapons or Dakka.

Clanbots are almost inevitably squishier in terms of structure/armor maximums, but also can get away with XL engine megaweightsaving because Clan XLs don't cause you to explode dead from a lost side torso. This means guns.

LOTS OF THE GUNS. A Hunchback-4G has that AC/20, but a corresponding Hunch IIC is likely to be packing twin UAC/10s instead, along with more mobility.

Both lines have their virtues.

Yeah, but if he goes with IS he'll learn that Inner Sphere Auto Cannons shit on Clan Auto Cannons. Clan XL's are not all that great either. Get one side popped and bam you get the heat penalty. A single AC/20 vs 3 Ultra 10 Shots. Depending how accurate and stable the person is capable of firing. The Clan UACS may win. But if they start hesitating, the AC/20 will win.

Also, pilot skills definitely have meaningful effects on performance. Without basics, you're notably undereffective. Elites get your firing and runspeed up to snuff, and finishing elites doubles the effect of basic pilot skills.

Mastering gets you an extra module slot, but that's important only when you've got the money to put those modules in and tweak your robot's performance up a bit more. Not worth sweating till you have some extra C-bills socked away.

Also, don't spend global exp on anything other than module unlocks, never on a specific chassis's skillups.

>Clan XLs not great
>Clan UAC's not good

Yeah, I'll just wave at the Kodiak as he goes full >rape with his not-great XL engine and his shitty kill everything UAC's.

And heat penalty + slower movement beats the hell out of dead, which is what an IS XL engine does if you pop a side torso. That's a weak point on most Hunchbacks- people will see and focus that torso ballistic mount, as taking off that big ol' hump means you also take most of the Hunchback's firepower with it.

The -SP gets around this (and has been working out with swol internal buffs) by splitting it's firepower evenly between both sides, unlike most IS Hunchbacks where it's RT gone, target crippled.

Marauder seems like a pretty fun ride.

True true.

I stopped playing because of the horrible grind, but right now I have a 2 LL Raven.

It's not a bad heavy choice either, and scratches that old grognard itch.

Just don't get an Orion. You'll never hear the end of it because both Clan and IS ones suffer badly from their construction.

Ravens aren't bad, though pretty much outdone by the top tier designs except the -3L, and that only because it can do funky shit like NARC spotter bitch or ECM/2xERLL snipe.

it's hard to farm for even just the engines.
ECM/2xERLL snipe is pretty much what I do.
I have a Stormcrow SCR-B too but that doesn't work out too well because of the autocannon-only hardpoint

>plays low damage sniping builds

If you want big money you need tons of damage, and some kills and assists. Literally a srm or uac brawler.

I don't want to brawl in a Stormcrow, that never really ends well for me, especially against assaults

You do know that's an Omni, ergo you can swap pods and hence hardpoints? Swap it for up to 4E or a missile hardpoint (depending on the replacement arm pod).

>can't into ARSM6x4 Crow

>not using superior at trolling /gerg/ LPL+ALRM20 build

fuck off pardo

>doesn't know that Pardo was permabanned and fucked off forever

you think I don't know that?

Brain Cancer isn't any better. He's retarded and named himself after an autistic Italian fucktard.