/maag/ - Marvel Avengers Academy General

Event is almost over edition.

>What is this?
A mobile city builder/tap-and-wait game where you build up your campus and "educate" your students, and wonder why they spend so much time "relaxing". It's basically waifubait and the most entertaining dialogue done by Marvel this side of Damage Control.

>Is it free?
Yes, although there's a lot of waiting unless you wanna fork over your shekels.

>Official trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=AergY6ijsfI

>Current event:
"Civil War has come to Avengers Academy for a limited time! Captain America and Iron Man's opposing views on how to keep the Academy safe divide the Super Heroes, but Hydra threatens them all. Can Captain America and Iron Man put aside their differences to defend the Academy?"

Previous Thread:

I was going to finally change up the OP text this time, but instead I ended up being so lazy that I just stole an image from leddit and kept the same old pasta.

at least you changed the old thread link

Yeah, I think I'm the only OP who does that, and also I may be the only one who deletes the extra "Embed"s after the trailer link. The other ones don't even do that.

>postpone doing the invaders challenge because it seemed like a waste of agents
>Decide to do it now after I got the red skull fishtank
>Invaders respawn on a 12 hour timer

JUST

>relatively new so I only have a few characters doing missions
>won't get Bucky and won't get madam hydra past rank 3
>won get Sif rank 5

Hopefully these event characters are useful for the next event. I at least have agent 13 and BP to rank 5

I'm in the same boat. I need three of them still. Oh well. Now I can check bobble heads off of my completionist autism for all future events.

Bucky is early access, so you'll have a shot at him again.
You'll be able to upgrade MH some point in the future
You'll be able to upgrade Sif right after the event ends for an ungodly amount of coins
Event characters are never useful in future events unless they happen to have a nice mission for the event mission board. (for the some time Pepper was the best character in game because of this, but they ruined her with this event)

>Got all free characters to level 5
>bought all vivbranium boxes
So what do I spend all my vib on now? Ballons?
Also i got like 350 shards, should I get spiderwoman or save them?

Spiderwoman put in work for me this event along with a rulk and abomb

Reminds me, how do the decorations you buy withe event currency work afterwards, like if you just buy one can you keep buying them from the game afterwards with coins or you only keep what you bought?

if its the same as the GotG event you keep what you bought only and your currency gets deleted as soon as the event ends

Remember to buy a ton of all the event decorations with your leftover currency, better then letting it go to waste.

I wish I remembered to do this with the GOTG event, those plants were cool.

Any chance we'll be able to sell them later?

>18/40 Selfie Sticks
I'm starting to worry

You should, you can only get 9 more right now and pay 195 shards minutes before the event ends, or pay an upwards of 100k coins to get him after the event

Are you sure, pepper? Really, really sure?

She's looking at your crystals. She's disappointed.

My god, they've broke containment!

They're slowly becoming self-aware!

By "self aware" you mean getting stuck in walls?

I'd love to have a Bot or a Ward left over afterwards as a momento. Maybe I'll leave one constructed and see what happens.

So I just came up with the next few events/progressions after this event
>Either we get Hawkeye or Hulk
>UK Event
>If we didn't get Hulk, he becomes available now
>Hulk has something to do with the building of the Raft
>Sinister Six event
>Six get moved to Raft, along with Ronan/Skull

I'm down to the wire on getting Bucky, those golden plates just weren't dropping at all for days on end.

bump

So what has been the Charleston of this event, either in terms of something you'd trash or something that has popped up a lot? My votes goes to the Test Invisibility Tech for Widow, lesser to the one 15/45/30 Star-Lord/Kamala/Widow mission that has it.

the progression on this one was terrible

I hope they don't change the requirements for the cage because I could have used those tokens for something else.

Anything over 4 - 6 hours.

Charleston with Falcon and Tasky. Or Enchantress/Quake double 8hr

I only saw Charleston on the other board

They'll do something you don't like
They always do

They're phasing

Why does it say "Buy All" if you can't buy the belts for Winter Soldier

>won't get Bucky past rank 1
>won't get MH past rank 2
>gonna be stuck with 6 event characters that I can't fucking upgrade.
I really wonder how you are gonna be able to upgrade the GotG/CW characters. You think Tiny /co/ is going add them to the regular upgrade rank or add textbooks and shits to their upgrade thing?
And what happens if you have Bucky stuck at recruitment stage? Is he gonna be permalocked as such?

> Need 1 Selfie stick
Ok, that's sorted in 2 hours

> Need 8 Hydra Secrets
Still enough time. Seems like I've got a 5 or so hour buffer. And I should have her Level 5 upgrade gear

> Need 30+ Red Skull tokens
Fuck.

If it's anything like the GotG premiums, you'll have to pay ridiculous amounts of gold to upgrade them after the event.

I'm pretty sure those are gonna change when they find a way to upgrade Rocket and Groot. Because its only Nebula and Yondu who you are able to upgrade using coins as of now.

They said from the start that premium characters would be upgradeable right after the event, while non-premium ones wouldn't be upgradeable for at least a month. That doesn't have anything to do with "finding a way" to upgrade them.

I ment nerfing the cost or adding textbook mats.

>the events will never let up
>we will never get our story update
>we will never get dating

>we will never get dating
It hurts.

>page 10
Pic related

> lost a day of playing due to TinyCo being too inept to make a game that doesn't keep breaking
> need an extra 24 hours to get everything else I need

Ugh

I lost a day as well with the robot upgrade bug early on, but right now I have everything except the upgrades for a few characters (most notably MH and Bucky).

>this thread may get the way of the dodo until the next major update

Probabky. It always goes into hibernation when there's no event going on.

>myplanetneedsme.jpg

T-10 hours

Who /almostfree/ here?

Not yet.
I can still get enough tokens to get Bucky rank 2.

How did I manage my time so poorly, what the fuck?

I need another 16 tokens to get Bucky to 2. I don't think there's enough time to get to RS 3 to net me the tokens I'd need

There would be if you had lvl 10 resistant troops and you started making them half hour ago.

They're level 9. I've got 2 of each sitting there right now. Now that I think about it, there's a chance I might be able to reset, hit 1 and 2, reset again in a few hours and hit 1 and 2 again. Should get me the 16 I need. But I'd have to stay up

When does leveling up start to slow down? I'm almost to level 11 and haven't turned the credits for Enchantress, haven't bought Avenger's Dorm Rank 2, Robo-Dojo, or repaired the Triskelion (I'm assuming that's what that building in the SHIELD Zone is?).

You don't have to reset.
With lvl 9 you need
>3 troops for streak 1
>3 troops for streak 2
>5 troops for streak 3
11 total so if you have 4 already it's totally doable.

29 I think. They nerfed it so you got less than x1 XP drops above that level

The end is near.

Does event XP mean anything?

After the event? Nope

And during the event?

They level up that little thing next to the coat hanger which act as reward multipliers for the currency that's used but they don't mean anything to gameplay afterwards.

Thanks!

I FUCKED UP!!!

I bet you didn't anything a little cash can't fix.

I send soldiers/ robots to train and I want 4 people to fight Red Skull for 1 hydra token for MH to go rank 5.
I'm 1 hour short. So should I give shards or wait until she's available to upgrade? I have finished all the main stories, missions and normal upgrades so I'm really considering. Of course I'll keep my device open because we may go a few hours late considering TinyCo and all of her events.

You can do the later but you might have to wait to when she's upgradeable

You still have time to train 6 bots/agents.

I send 3&3 normal bots/agents. If I have time to send 2&2 resistant ones I will

Agree, I don't want to give shards for this.

Is there a reason I only seem to be getting Heroic missions on the quest board right now? I need more vibranium so I can unlock a few more upgrades before this ends.

Why aren't you fighting hydra solider.

HO NO someone with a name on Veeky Forums i've never seen that before
>Spoiler !G06lKU6JL

Did they ever say what the drops from ronans box are for?

NOPE
O
P
E

Reddit says bucky

Be honest who else has done this

Here's a second pic

>Yfw they do one last vibranium box

I intend to do it in a few hours, but that only means i'll probably lose track of time and not do it at all.

Reddit is stupid. Bucky won't be upgradeable till he comes up in the storyline again, which probably won't be for another year. They're probably for the raft which seems to be coming sooner rather than later.

I got all the extra decor because I plan on doing like theme areas when we get more space.

I'm going to get 50 of each and be done. I Don't think I'll ever need more of each.

I don't get any character showing up when I collect the coins and I have Bucky. That seems like a visual glitch and I wouldn't trust reddit unless it's been datamined.

Same boat as well, and will probably only buy 15 of things at most.

>Keep trashing Heroic missions
>Keep getting more Heroic missions replacing them

Is there something in the code that mandates 3-4 Heroic missions at any one time? I'm never going to get those final upgrades if this keeps up.

Who /nobuckyupgrades/ here?

Got the cage and recruited Buckster. I'm just sending Bitches on random missions now. I'm not sure what to do with all the vibranium either since I already got multiples of all the decorations and still have over 100k

I wish we could convert it to coins or exp or something instead of just getting it removed.

Someone siggested buying shit and then selling it for coins, could you do that with the GotG stuff?

I have him standing locked in the quad, does that count?

I had a similar idea when I realized I couldn't get Red Skull in time.

my failure list:

>Bucky at rank 1
>Madame Hydra at rank 2
>9 gold bets short of Madame Hydra's bobblehead

Probably not.You wont have any form of getting Hydra tokens after the event so he will probably go away.

> be one USB away
> accidentally attack one of the Level 11 enemies instead of the one hit 10s
> trying the quick quit trick typically didn't work this time

FUCK

There's still time to recover for it. But only an extra day gets me Red Skull at this point

Same but in my case I didn't knew about the invaders having a 12 hour spawn.

I spent 50 shards to upgrade Sif rank 5.Im still paying for my crime of buying Yondu and Nebula

Even with uncle Sam craping all over you're campus it still looks better then mine

Stupid question, but where do I find the screen to get those decorations?

Forgot I even had this saved under the name I did

I think they replaced the ability to sell things when they added storage. Or at least I can't remember how to do it. I think the button was in that place.

>tap shop icon
>tap decor

In the decor part of the shop and thay cost vibranium

Can't wait until these fucking goons are gone and hopefully the UK event doesn't have roaming shit like these "real" events have.