Lack of motivation

Since about a year ago I have been interested in building some kind of business but can't find the motivation to start.
>will do it tomorrow
The ideas I have are all online businesses that I know I can build. (with necessary research)

I keep telling myself bullshit like:
>Low chance it will ever make any money.
>Really hard to make and don't know where to start.

So, is this problem common and what do people do to overcome this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aDCGrINPGUQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Girl in pic literally wakes up and is given underwear to put on and asked to pose for a photo as her 'profession'
>OP wonders why it's hard to motivate ones self for ACTUAL work when others consider standing in underwear is 'work'

Long torso is loooooonnnnng

Motivation comes and goes, what you really need is discipline, or in some cases, desperation.

Developed a foundation for yourself, actually make it a business.

'Punch in' at a certain time and work until punch out time... you're not allowed to waste your time on social media/Veeky Forums ect, until the work day is done.

Some people are not cut out for self-employment though, or being their own boss-- they need structure and guidance given to them from higher ups.

Best of luck, remember at the end of the day it's just a matter of doing it. Once you start you're less likely to stop.

Was going to post the same thread, how do people find the motivation after coming home from a 9 to 5, easy office job.

It's not just that either it's the time, I need to spend time with friends, family, gf and i always put off working on my own business.

I found the motivation by having so much hatred for working 16 hours a day at a job that I hate and for not being able to do all the cool shit all my friends are able to do.

I'm just harnessing the darkness and using it for fuel.

youtube.com/watch?v=aDCGrINPGUQ

Watch motivational youtube videos like everyone else

Again motivation is a meme dude, it's akin to a day-dreamer.

Wake up an hour earlier and set the agenda to work on once you come home from work.

If you think you can maintain a full time job, keep the same amount of contact with friends and family, and start your own business-- you need to wake the fuck up and stop dreaming.

You will have to greatly limit your contact with your family, let them know what you're doing and I'm sure they'll understand.

>motivation manipulation
Total fucking joke, you guys are not going to get ANYWHERE unless you target the correct skills.

Motivation is not a skill, it's a fucking JOKE and you are selling yourself short trying to use motivation as a backdrop to success.

>what do people do to overcome this?

They just do it. They say "this is what I'm going to do today" and they do it. There is no magic fix. There is no secret video/book to read that will change the way your mind works. There is no drug or pill. From what you said in your OP I see you have a fear. Fear of failure. Fear of not having enough knowledge. And maybe even a fear of success ("what if I start making money, will I panic, fuck something up and lose it all?"). This fear and your habits are holding you back the most.

As others have said it's just discipline.

When I first started out I had this great fucking focus for two days and my brain was wired to hell. I came up with so many ideas, but I'm shit at implementing them, so I've been researching and forcing myself to build my prototype. I still have loads of ideas throughout the day on how to innovate, it's just a grind now getting everything off the ground so I can get some money (and get some staff to get the details worked out and finish things).

>girl in pic wakes up, spends 3 hours having her make up applied and reapplied until it's just right and her hair set perfectly, then spends 5 hours standing under a series of hot lamps while the photographer takes 10,000 photos from every angle and pose

>I keep telling myself bullshit like:
>Low chance it will ever make any money.
>Really hard to make and don't know where to start.

Yes, there's a low chance it will ever make money. Yes it's hard work.

You still do it. Why? Because this bussiness may fail. Then the one you do after it may make you a little bit of money but not enough you can live off it. The third one might do great but something unexpected fucks it up. But then the fourth one might be the money cow that keeps on giving for the rest of your life, because you have the cumulative knowledge and experience of the three ventures before it.

>what you really need is discipline
This guy gets it.
> you're not allowed to waste your time on social media/Veeky Forums ect, until the work day is done.
Preach it!

I've been in a band and had to wear eyeliner... I can't imagine what it's like having your entire face prodded with pens and brushes for a living and then having to hold perfectly still after each bulb flash. Yuck.

Let's go make a business on the stock market together.

You're having the same issue I'm having.
You just don't have it in you, user. The best I can tell you is you won't ever overcome it. I'll be the friend I wish I had that would have told me I'm just going to fail and to stop kidding myself.
I need to realize that I can't ever start an actual business because I just want to play business rather than make and keep to one.
Do you really want to be rich and make your own business?
Go do it. is it 1am? Go to sleep and wake up at 6:30a.m.
10a.m.? Figure out what you want to do.
Lawncare? Go outside and get your mower and push that shit to your neighbor and ask if you can mow their lawn because you need discipline and to do something. Mow lawn. Do that till you get paid by someone.
Don't like lawn care?
Go do window cleaning. Get some basic material and go to every store front that isnt big box store and go to every restaurant asking to clean their windows for 2$ a piece.
Don't want to do that? You're full of shit about wanting to start a business. I actually tried to go out and do both of those because they require the least amount. but after a few days of "trying" i eventually gave up because I'd rather daydream about the what if's than continuing busting ass and being a worker.
but you know what? Maybe you want to make a product. I want to make a product, user. Where are your designs? And by designs I mean, have you draw or constructed your 100designs of a stupid dragon dildo holder? What about the knee pad stand for all the dudes on here that got to keep their knee pads on a stand to remind themselves of what they needed to do to get a head in life. better to say to give head in life.
Where are those designs, you bum.
Where is your proof of actually being able to come up with anything.
Need money to get through your launch because you don't have money to get it going?
Get a job. Simply get a damn job and earn your money to fund your idea. Already have a job and its not enough? Get another job.

Get another job to the point you're working 80 hours a week. No more games. No more Veeky Forums. Youtube or anything else. Females, as if, since we're on this board. Zero. no fun, just balls to the wall slave work for 80 hours a week for a couple months and that should get you moving towards your future prospect. It will suck and chances are you're me and you won't do shit. You'll seriously consider what anyone here says. Like
"Yeah, you know what, user. I will do that. i will go and do something so i can achieve what I believe I am."
but then after two days you'll realize you're a p.o.s. that isn't worth a dime and that you're a waste of space. so stop. go get a job and stop day dreaming you're worth a business. If you genuinely think you're worthwhile and can get going.. then.. go do it.
Call it... "Go Fuck Yourself, user L.L.C."

>I'm just harnessing the darkness and using it for fuel.
God damn man, thats some motivation right there.

>girl wakes up and takes instagram selfie and makes more money than you in a month
keep coping tho

I wish I could go back in time. About 4 years. And slap some sense into that dumb ass teenager who wanted to waste his time. Think of Vincent James. Started to kick ass at age 19, five years later, bam - 74 million, age 24. His whole life still ahead of him and completely financially independent. More money than he could ever spend.

So understand that I"m not writing this reply from a point of judgement. There will be tough love here. But if you think you suck and you're a procrastinating loser just sitting on your butt, letting one opportunity after another slide through your fingers just by not getting your act together, let me tell you my friend. I was the second laziest person in the world. I've only ever met one guy who was lazier than me. But he's a very long story.

Talk about a lack of self control! Jesus. I have none. Zip. I can just sit in front of a computer all day and waste every single last hour I'm awake on absolutely nothing. I'm miraculously good at this shit. Maybe I'll do an info product on how to procrastinate. If you need tips, hit me up. I'll teach you how... even if you think you're already pretty good at it.

I've finally, finally beaten it, and truth be told, it took me over 3 years to get to a point where I can work all day every day for at LEAST 6 days a week and not hate every minute of it. I HAVE worked that hard before, but against tremendous resistance... and I HAVE enjoyed working before, but only at much lower levels of activity. If you want to go from procrastinator to workaholic, this thread is for you.

NOTE: Yes you can pay your bills from passive income easily and hardly ever work, I could currently do that with an average of 5 to 15 minutes of work per day... but if you want to strike a massive oil well, you need to become a workaholic. Even Frank Kern the supposed lazy surfer dude admits that, if you read between the lines or look at the right interviews he did.

So, if that sounds at all interesting to you... I believe there are only 5 reasons why anyone would ever procrastinate. Here are the 5 and how to knock them out. I'm not doing any headlines here so people don't skim this post... the value is in the paragraphs, not in the headlines. I don't want you to skim and go "one two three four five, nothing new here." If you're still procrastinating, this thread CAN help you. Skimming it can not.

The first reason you procrastinate is that you're not motivated properly. Yes motivation. Tony Robbins hates that word. "I'm not a motivational speaker, that's never been what I was about." Most self help guys hate that word. But only because of the stigma. Without motivation, you're nothing. And motivation needs to come from your gut. It needs to be a deep emotion that drives you NUTS.

The way to fix this one is to make a note every time you feel this motivation. We all feel it from time to time, momentarily. For a fleeting moment, we feel a deep desire for something we want. For the briefest of moments, we really, really want it. Maybe it's a girl that's currently out of your league, a car, or any other thing that stirs you up inside. But the emotion passes, you forget and lose the motivation as quickly as it came. Write down what triggered it. Collect these things, then read through the list every day in the morning. The one that most triggers you that day, put it in a timer and make it pop up on your screen every 10 minutes. I'm not kidding.

Número dos is that you're not enjoying your work. You hate what you're doing and you feel resistance to it. It's simply more painful to do the work than to procrastinate, and the human brain is HARD wired (this isn't even subconscious programming, it's hardware) to avoid pain. You can never succeed if you feel that way, it's just impossible. Even if you push against it, it won't last and is not sustainable.

So you need to make the process enjoyable. So enjoyable that at LEAST the pain of doing the work is a LITTLE bit less than the pain of not having whatever thing you created desire for in step one of this exercise. How can you make your work more enjoyable? Don't go into a niche you love. Everyone wants to teach dating advice cause everyone likes girls... That's retarded. It'll be a chore anyway, cause business is business... you'll get paid for creating marketing campaigns, not for having sex. Instead, learn to love the things you need to do to be successful. Like an acquired taste, like durian fruit or squid. Reframes can help with this... imagine you're playing a video game, or that you're Mark Zuckerberg building facebook, or an alchemist in his lab tinkering on the formula for turning lead into gold. Silly shit but if it works it's good right.

You also procrastinate because you keep thinking about things you'd rather be doing. That's reason number three. If you're working, and you've reframed your task enough to where it's tolerable, and you've stirred up this massive desire in your gut to get to your goal, but at the same time you're thinking about this movie you wanna see, or a game you wanna check out, or about hitting the bars to hook up with chicks, you will still be grinding against resistance like a mofo. So don't think about that shit!

The thing is, the human mind can NOT stop thinking about something, as evidenced by the old pink elephant example, so please do me a favor and do not think about a chicken wearing a cowboy hat now. Do not think about it. There's a workable solution, however - you can think about something else instead, the since the human mind can only hold one thought at a time, the distracting thought that stirs up the desire to procrastinate disappears. Gets crowded out. So FOCUS on what you're doing, focus like a meditator, like a zen like workaholic, zone everything else out, nothing exists but this task in front of you.

Onwards to number four... overwhelm. I'm not gonna lie to you. I'm making pretty serious money now by most people's standards but it's simply necessary to be a workaholic to do it. So easy to underestimate the amount of work required. If you still believe that you can get more done in less time, then ask yourself - why do you pull allnighters when the pressure is on? Why do people sleep less during a product launch, or before an exam? We DO get more done in more time, period. Just gotta keep yourself from burning out. But seeing just how much work is required to reach a lofty goal is absolutely intimidating. Scary as fuck.

So don't even look at it. NEVER look at your whole todo list. First, sort it by categories. I use mindmaps for that. Then prioritize the categories. Then chop it down further in workflowy. After that, only look at the one tiny little next step you need to take NOW. Never ever look at more than the one little next task. When it's done, look at the next one, but ONLY the next one and nothing beyond that. You're not even eating the elephant a bite at a time, you're eating it a nibble at a time.

And the final reason why despite all the above you might still procrastinate is that you fail to remember a simple truth: Your todo list is finite. It may be infinite in the grand scheme of things, but in regards to your current goal, whatever figure that may be, it is absolutely finite. At some point, in 1 year, in 5 years or in 30 years, you CAN reach your goal. How long it takes, that my dear, depends entirely on you. But the number of steps you have to take between here and there IS finite.

And that's what I do every day... and I've been crushing it since. It's also why I changed my avatar picture to a scene from the movie "There Will Be Blood"... the scene where Daniel strikes his big oil well and holds up his hand to send his employees the good news.

If this was an article, I'd have to write a nice wrap up and summary now, along with some more motivating sentences to put this all into practice. But, I'm a Copywriter and since I'm not intending to sell anything here - this is just my advice. And I think you can figure the rest out for yourself.

Hope this helps some people as much as my other contributions have. Now go get whatever it is you want... noone else will give it to you.

Both fuck you and thanks for the inspiration, user.

That was a good read! Very helpful, thanks user!

good read, thank you.

who is vincent james. i googled but got some architect?

Just don't let it burn you out. Watch some videos of cats purring once in a while or else the darkness will eat you up.

He wrote “The 12 Month Millionaire”

Towards the end of the book he gives his take on the keys to success. Here are the steps that he outlines:

1. Make a list of the good things in life you want & write them in present tense

2. Write down your perfect life based on the list referred to in step one

3. On top of that page, write down the date in which you want the goals to materialize. Don’t set that date too close or to far away.

4. Everyday, 2-3 times per day rewrite the perfect life

5. The more impressions you make on your sub-conscious mind, the quicker the results will materialize for you

6. Be Serious, Persistent & Disciplined

7. This is the secret of the rich & famous! This is the secret they’ve used to build their fortune! Now you can use it yourself.