/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

Clearly running out of ideas to put in tiers edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Unofficial Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Lo0ZCCJ8g7o
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289070/ss_cf53258cb8c4d283e52cf8dce3edf8656f83adc6.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Balance patch when?

I got my Warp Drive Engineering PhD from Trump University in 2189

>level 5 careful scientist is studying level 3 anomaly with 5% fail chance
>study finishes
>don't read the popup
>check situation log, nothing new
>continue playing for a few minutes
>look at my outliner
>science ship is missing
fuck off paradox stop stealing my ships
space monsters parked at warp-in points is bad enough, but this is bullshit

>what is rng

Never at this rate. HoI4 is out now. They forgot about us

>Random empire declares war against me
>Capture their planets
>Purge every pop
>I'm the bad guy
I hate it

What's that?

So if you want massive amounts of breeding you want to take Rapid Breeders + Agrarian traits and have fanatic pacifists, right?

Thats 40% less growth time and 20% more food, you cant get a better start can you?

Autism.

Xenophobe so you get +100% food on titanic life world.
Then migrate/resettle from there.

Collectivist have reduced food consumption.

mod idea draft on how you make the economy more interesting, by adding more resources.

But you have to find a titanic life world first right? Its a bit risky.

Yeah I was going to take it so I could purge as well.

Just a shame you get such poor government choices

Set memes to 65%, TARS.

>Just a shame you get such poor government choices
ironic monarchy

Will rare minerals be stored like normal ones?
Also can you make food global? Instead there could be buildings/structure that increase pop growth(like clone vats or urban centre).

I'm hyped for claim fabrication in Civ:VI

>no game comes even close to simulating that picture
Why god, why

Ironic monarchy so you can spam edicts(like subsidy farming).

>Will rare minerals be stored like normal ones?
That's the idea.
So certain weapons could require special types of minerals that you can stock up on.

>last 4 planets of small empire
>go to war to cede them
>invade and occupy all of them
>they literally have no troops, no fleets, no stations
>empire is allied to another empire on the side of the galaxy
>warscore at 31
>not even high enough to demand a cede of even 1 planet

Time for sex

Interesting.
Need help with testing or other shit?

Growth isnt thay important early game.
Colony ships dont even use up pops

>ideas guy in charge of delivering
kek

Its about RP rather than minmaxing

pacifist.. colectivist..?

can you still purge?

Where did the guy making the Ork portrait go, I want to WAAAGH already.

He almost had it finished.

Yup

WE WILL KILL THEM

WITH LOVE

>2 faggy ass empires near my starting location
>immediately start warring
>economy is in shreds but manage to beat them within the first decade
>cede, purge and recolonize their Gaia worlds
>one is arid preference, I'm desert, so I can colonize their capital with all the cool buildings
>by the time I make some real alien contacts these two races are wiped from the galaxy
>bloated federationfags have no idea
>no survivors
>no witnesses

They probably see me as no threat because I only have like 4 shitty corvettes left after all this. Also strong anti-purge faction. Was this a mistake?

YOU'RE NOT MATING HARD ENOUGH

DEATH SENTENCE

SNU SNU

patch when

Lets hope not this game is far more iteresting than a fuckin ww2 game.

At the end of this month if the swede didn't lie to us.

youtu.be/Lo0ZCCJ8g7o

I made an 8-bit cover of Baba Yetu.

is this one of the scenarios?

Groovy, i like it, kinda reminds me of Ducktales.

>civ 6 will never be good

I feel like I need to wait another 10-20 years before firaxis ever gets good at game design again

like, they're almost there with some of the concepts they've been talking about but they lack finesse

Yes, G&K one on top of that.

Reminder that Black Holes do infact destroy all information.

how does one deal with the late game stuttering in Stellaris?

>inb4 get a better toaster

kys

only with black holes will i truly die

Wait till patches I guess or maybe it helps conquering everyone so that there are less ships and fleets moving aroud the place or you could just play a smaller map that could maybe help.

What do you mean with this ?

Civ 6 is sounding great, user. There will be claim fabrication, trade routes that build roads, no silly workers just standing around for 1000 years, lots of unique tile stuff that gets benefits from certain adjacent tiles, plus stuff I'm probably forgetting.

nth for Fanatic Collectivist stronk. Who doesn't like free minerals and faster growth?

l-lewd

d-delete this

if trade were actual trade like in rising tide, and you didn't build any "internal" structures in cities anymore, and the AI made capable at 1upt combat, it could be really good

but for every improvement it seems they're taking a step back, civics research tree wtf?

OH! And no global happiness and religion is a thing right off the bat with no waiting for DLC.

Plus the visuals, though cartoony when zoomed in, are supposed to look very good when zoomed out at the usual distance.

I'm optimistic.

You were supposed to be my ravenous hordes! Why have you done this?

Whelp... Time to purge.

I don't mind the graphics, literally the most pointless thing to get asshurt about

it's just they're taking steps to de-spreadsheet and de-abstract the game, but they'll only go halfway, and add more abstract bullshit like the civics tree, and it'll take at least another decade before they fully realize the true paradigm

>Incoming transmission!
I DON'T WANT TO JOIN YOUR FEDERATION ONLY TO BE STRIPPED OF MY PLANETS IN A DUMB WAR, LEAVE ME ALONE.

>de-abstract
>de-spreadsheet
Literally complete opposites, user.

>true paradigm
FUCKING LEAVE

iktf

I'm not him but I knew using that phrase would trigger someone

First time I actually came across them in all my games so far - so that explains who that is spreading communications with other nations. I like the design and idea of the Space Ark that they have, and kind of wish I could build all my ships looking like that like I kind of did with Polaris Sector's ship designer (the spinning ring around the center of the ship).

I don't know why they're bombarding a sun, however. Maybe that's how they 'refuel' to continue their endless wander?

This is one of the main problems with playing a Militaristic species - if you colonise a Tomb World with a Militaristic species, they'll look at the war-torn world and go 'actually, war really is a bad idea after all' and turn into Fanatic Pacifists. No other edict I know of suffers from colonising a Tomb World.

Thing is, the cockroaches were the original inhabitants of the tomb world (I sent my droids). They've been living there since forever and when I come they suddenly decide "you know what guys, this place is real shitty" and turn pacifist. Pre-sentient xenos are weird.

>no global happiness
There was nothing wrong with that. The problem is a buttfuck retarded AI, which they "compensated" by giving ridiculous bonuses, so it could spam shitty cities in every possible tile without penalties, but taking them would dip the player into unhappiness.
>are supposed to look very good when zoomed out at the usual distance.
I wouldn't call cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289070/ss_cf53258cb8c4d283e52cf8dce3edf8656f83adc6.jpg very good. It will be even more clusterfucked in later eras, for sure.
Funny they've changed store screenshots from over-saturated zoom-ins to panned view with less post-processing shit. Guess rigorous reaction on forums didn't go unnoticed.
>I don't mind the graphics, literally the most pointless thing to get asshurt about
That's why civ games with every iteration become increasingly more detailed, because graphics doesn't matter, amirite?

civ 6 doesn't look bad, have you been keeping up? minimalism is the in thing right now

I disagree with everything you just said.

Global happiness made no sense and took away one more aspect of city management. Your complaints about the AI are ignorant. They could have easily improved the AI. There are mods for it out right now. They went with bonuses because no one wants to wait fucking 10 minutes just for all the AIs to complete their turn. Instead they give bonuses to approximate what a smarter AI would do, and I appreciate that.

Did you even read what I wrote? It doesn't look good either (compared to EL), but the point is later eras get increasingly more clusterfucked, no "minimalism" will solve it.

>I disagree with everything you just said.
Of course you do, because you are a retarded shill, who didn't even play civ5 in the first place.
>Global happiness made no sense and took away one more aspect of city management.
What aspect exactly? Can't ICS right off the bat? Or we don't have examples of IRL empires falling down due to over-expanding?
>Your complaints about the AI are ignorant.
How to spot a shill 101: he tries to take a high ground.
>They could have easily improved the AI.
That's why they didn't improve it even a little in BE, right?
>They went with bonuses because no one wants to wait fucking 10 minutes just for all the AIs to complete their turn.
The biggest offender in my CBP (which has a built-in smarter AI) games was recalculation of city-connections of my cities (which was taking longer than all AI player turns combined). Vanilla game game had similar slowdowns, but shorter. So shove "but muh AI turns" up your ass, because it "complexity" doesn't affect turn length much, unless you have ADHD.
>Instead they give bonuses to approximate what a smarter AI would do, and I appreciate that.
Shitting cities without regards to global unhappiness = smarter play? Last time I checked all smart players were going Tradition + 4 cities set-up for almost any game.

Fastest way to win a war if i suck at manouvering troops? even if i split fleets they always seem to outmanouver me and take planets behind my back while my main force can't catch up with them.

What are you, twelve?

just go straight for their homeworld. Their fleets usually come back and then you can fight it out. After go capture their planets
>chasing fleets around
>ever
also if you have a massive navy, split fleets so you can bombard multiple planets at once. bombarding/blockading gives a lot of warscore.

That fog of war look nice

civfags fuck off

Actually only playing with hyperlanes can also fix this.
Wormholes do really fuck wars up in late game.

they're moving things out of numbers, icons and menus and onto the game board, how is that not both?

>federation A declares war on federation B
>I'm at war with federation B
>I'm independent
>apparently I'm now at war with federation A
BRAVO

That's really shitty I got that happen to me also several times.

Getting enough Hydrogen to run the Fusion power plants should not be a problem.
>literally the most common element in the universe

Aren't wormholes the best to get to ponts faster in the late game though?

I don't know I never used wormholes but the AI can really fuck shit up if you don't counter them with your own wormholes.

lol, damn this game is buggy

I just hope it wasn't designed like that on purpose.

There's a difference between minimalism and mobile tier graphics. They could have pushed civ 5's aesthetic even further by making the game cel shaded art deco following the style of the portraits. Instead they just made it look like a step backwards.

so weird being on a defending war with someone im also at war with

I once got into a war with like 15 nations because of this.

>cel shaded

lol yup I'm at war with 12 atm

GIB RIGHTS GIB RIGHTS GIB RIGHTS GIB GIB GIB GIB GIB GIB

Can you upgrade defense stations similar to how you can press the button and send your ships to get upgraded? Can you send like a builder ship to do it or do you need to demolish the station and build a new one?

>BUY DLC BUY DLC BUY DLC BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

:^)

What happens if a synth gains the spiritualist ethic?
Will it hate itself?

Thanks for reminding me I need to make a squid empire

You tell me, fampai.

Welp, kinda narrowed down the FE bug to a few mods. It's either the extra events mod, star trek anomalies, the belt mod, or the trader mod.

Gonna figure out what's wrong, one mod at a time.

This is the first time that I am unhappy with Paradox.

They have been incompetent at times, but...