/twg/ - Total War General

Everchosen Edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Karak_Norn
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nagash did nothing wrong

thx dude

Vlad a good boy!

Skaven are a product of their environment!

Orcs have a unique and deep culture!

Boys and girls, time to roll!

Dark Elves are the true heirs of Ulthuan!

>ten hours later
>finally finished short campaign as Chaos

slayers are not shit

NAGASH WAS WEAK

My dick no longer becomes hard at the sight of anime girls. Only Slaanesh and the hordes of chaos can sate my lust.

Archaon is coming for your lands, /twg/. What do you do?

I accuse him of being a faggot and he runs home to the wastes

They're not cost effective against anything except monsters and other naked expensive dudes

KHAZUK KHAZUK KHAZUK-HA

How are they against savage boys?

Anime is slaanesh approved and as such is relevant to /twg/

Slaanesh is ded

Regular or halberd demigriffs? Why?

rollan for my next legendary

roll

bless you
i will never forget you

halberds, because they it makes them more versatile in "counter matchups"

>skullsmashers still smashin skulls 150 turns in

Those are some tough orcs

If I use an agent to destroy a building in an enemy town, let's say Walls, or the "Town" Structure itself or a Garrison upgrade, does that remove the Garrison as well or damage them?

Some of these early cities as Empire are ridiculously hardened, and usually a 20 stack squats in them forever. I'd like to take Wissenland early on, but I don't know how I'll deal with them with one army.

My other one is busy with Marienburg shits atm.

THEY HAVE WRONGED US

Damages the building/walls not the troops I think

Lel, deleted already.
Take a sfw slaaneshi cultist instead, you'd fuck anything anyway

>poor little white guy

grimgor is a fucking tank

Grimgor alone is a good reason to bring a couple thunderers imho

First time playing dwarves after some Empire playthroughs.

What are the equivalant hero types?
Which ones are good/bad?
Thanes=Captains
Runesmiths=Battle Priests
Engineers=??

Other advice would be helpful as well. I plan on focusing on ranged units mostly.

Who else /stillontheirfirstcampaign/ here?

>not playing on Ultra unit-size

So this is how it ends...

Karak Norn for absolutely no fucking reason betrays his high king, and the once friendly mountains spew orcs into the empire while Karl Franz is forced to deal with the traitor dwarf.

Can't say I'm that upset that the game is giving an end-game challenge, tbqh

I have learned the wisdom of this to my sorrow

Another grudge for the book

>inb4 Dwarfs confederate Karak Norn and get pissed at you for 50 turns for breaking treaties with them

Having a united Empire with Norsca wiped off the face of the map must be comfy af

Well he is called IRONHIDE for a reason

I'm /onmytenthcampaign/ or so, always playing and then starting anew when I think that my cities aren't build perfectly demolishing buildings is against my religious believes

>Ultra isn't default settings

>just mindin my orc business
>this comes my way

wut da zog

>spoiler
Well now, you can't just say that and not tell us the story.

just wish Grimgor would look closer to his miniature.

he's always been a "lean"(read: lean for a massive black orc warboss) muscle packed but fast monster.

He looks fine in the game, but I guess I imagined him a bit dofferent

Western Dwarfs are legit retarded in all aspects. I blame it on being surrounded by manlings on all sides.

I'd be pretty surprised, if I were Thorgrim this shit would be grudge number 1, only thing worse than greenskins destroying your kingdom is a race traitor.

The great crusade was anything but comfy, but it was worth it to close the chaos rifts and rebuild Kislev.

>karak Norn selling out his race in yet another campaign

Why am I not surprised.

bump with my screenshots

let's get some action shots, famalamadingdong

Happened to me in my Empire playthrough. Karak Hirn or Izor declared on the Grudgebearer (or the other way around), and we naturally sided with Thorgrim. About 3 turns later, after we razed half their settlements to ash, they suddenly became Dwarf settlements and my diplomatic relations took a massive hit. Had to pay that old jew 2K a turn for the next 30 turns or so to stop relations going into the negative. (this was after we'd wiped out Norsca and Chaos)

that's the good stuff

It's go time

they attacked again after my army routed

finally wounded him with my cannons but the other general was magically at 100% hp at the beginning of the battle so I'm still going to lose

Karak Norn also wanted to be my vassal.

I'm just bullshitting, I'm an autist that doesn't want to rearrange buildings

>Chaos rifts left behind from raiding don't spread corruption
>Chaos rebels disappear after they raid the province they spawned in

Is Karak Norn the Sweden of Warhammer?

I'm not even a dwarf and this triggers me something ferocious. My resolve to raze these mountains has doubled.

Get the Chaos Rifts spread corruption mod, I found it weird that they actually made a special ruin for chaos and had it do jack diddly squat. This makes stopping chaos a real priority.

I thought the rifts DID spread corruption, on account of one of my northern provinces surrounded by rifts having +15 chaos corruption due to 'buildings and commandments'.

What would you guys say is the strongest and weakest factions?
I have a friend who thinks the vampire counts are too weak because of the attrition they suffer, but I don't think it's that bad.

Attrition is damaging, but not the main problem: the main problem is the public order penalty in uncorrupted provinces, and also the negative diplomacy modifier of Aversion.

yeah when the scum raised the capital in ostermark it spread corruption like crazy
i think only capital rifts do it

>Strongest
Empire
>Weakest
Counts

>play Orcs
>love fooling around with the dwarfs and other orcs
>feels like a race against time if I want to raid in the empire before Chaos fucks everything
>later half of the campaign is just intercepting Chaos and Norscan stacks before they raze the feeble human factions

really thinking about the mod that removes the Chaos Invasion alltogether, does it work properly?

I got a mod that delays chaos, but ever since I've used it, for some reason the entire Empire gets btfo by the first wave

>because of attrition
you can reach most cities from others in 1 turn i rarely if ever suffer attrition with them
their biggest issue is the lack of ranged units which is the most reliable way to take out big things atm
i also really dislike their leadership system even though it usually works in their advantage

>Vampire counts isn't good meme is back
Campaign wise, VC is really fucking easy, just tedious. Empire probably has a harder time in campaign. In multiplayer battles, Chaos is the weakest, and Empire is the strongest.

i think that mod also doubles the amount of stacks produced user

is there any difference in magic ability between hero and lord magic users, and is there a site that hosts all the unit stats, the wiki is not very detailed

Oh shit, that probably explains it

I had a dorf campaign, came over the hills and saw humanity had fallen, seeing the same in my orc campaign

It's unclear at this point. Though, if lords can do it, they SEEM to do it a bit better than heros. That said plenty of heros have unique abilities in on themselves.

I meant to mention the public order, but I couldn't remember the term.
It's a bit of a shame that the penalty is so high, because I like the theme of the counts the best.
I suppose I'll stick with Greenskins, then. They're my second favourite in theme, and they're pretty fun to play, too.

>play as chaos
>raze all of bretonnia
>estalia takes over the ruins, mousillon does fucking nothing

When they add the beastmen the beastmen should have a primary focus on bretonnia and athel loren because otherwise Bretonnia just seems like nothing happens there and everything is retarded

In multiplayer
>Strongest
Empire
>Literally trash
Chaos

Dont worry, Wood elves get to bully bretonnia

>Karak Norn
Declared war on me for no apparent reason in a previous campaign and sent a stack to sack Grunburg. Ran back to their hold afterwards and requested peace, offering payment.
What the fuck is this faction's problem?

I'm convinced Karak Norn is either skaven/gobbos in disguise

Watch yourselves, around Karak Norn

what's wrong with chaos ?
i've only played 4 mp games

>The largest hold in the Grey Mountains is Karak Norn (“Barren Earth Hold”). Populated by displaced clans from the fallen hold of Mount Silverspear and the watchtowers of Mad Dog Pass, Karak Norn sits on the only sizeable deposits of metal and semiprecious stones in the Grey Mountains. The Dwarfhold is strategically placed with its upper level visible on a plateau high above the Loren Forest. This enables the Dwarfs to monitor the activities of the Wood Elves of Loren, albeit from a considerable distance. While the Elves haven’t been a threat for over 4,000 years, and the grudge against the Elves was officially settled with the taking of the Phoenix Crown, the Dwarfs see no harm in vigilance.

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Karak_Norn

That explains it, since Wood Elves still not announced, the manlets think that everyone is an elf and go berserk.

They're pretty much just overpriced and less versatile than the other races. Chosen are great, but almost never worth it for 1500 a pop. Chaos warriors tend to pale in comparison to grave guard, or great swordsmen, not to mention black orcs. Forsaken and chaos spawn are pretty good, but "pretty good" doesn't cut it against turtling dwarves, rush-snipe greenskins, even the knights of bretonnia mess them the fuck up. They're actually ok against VC, but VC has way more tools to deal with other races than them.

I don't think I have to mention empire in detail.

>swears fealty to a greenskin because elves shreked him 4000 years ago
makes sense, Dwarfs are literally that retarded

Yes they did that to me as well, right under a wave of chaos invasion. Fuck those stunted assholes, now Mannfred himself is going around razing every single one of their karaks, just got their main force, 2 stacks hiding in some shithole karak. Now I will have to seek out the rest of them in their holes in some mountain range.

Is this what it felt for U.S. after 911?

>every single time i boot up shogun 2
>hard drive crashes
>need to restore it time and time again
>could install it on another HDD
>lose all my Otomo campaign progress

I bet it's Ieyasu or Hanzo behind this shit.

Neither, it's fucking Takeda Shingen.

It's literally always Shingen.

Reminder to raze Karak Norn to the ground in every campaign, regardless of faction

Why is there a Spearman unit, and a shielded spearman unit? Is it like in other games, where shielded units will prioritize blocking arrows and will attack less?

That fucker.

can't wait to raze it as Wood Elves

Shields pretty much just protect from missiles. Un-shielded guys are cheaper.

Do I intervene, or do I wait for one faction to beat the other, and then go in for the kill after when one side is weakened?

Take it while it's weak.

>Nordland
You're going be dragged into a war with Todbringer regardless of whether you do it now or later.

it's a social experiment

orc warboss after wiping out the last of a slayer unit. last slayer prays to valaya as he dies.