Am i the only one tired of the index fund meme?

Am i the only one tired of the index fund meme?

Sure, not everyone can beat the market but if you are disciplined and talented its very much possible.

When buffet stated that its impossible it was to protect the general simple minded and less intelligent lazy public from trying, and failing. Obviously thats not his "real" opinion.

nothing to do with talent. It's just educated guessing and someone is bound to be an outlier who succeeds more than others by sheer chance.

Only idiots think the rich are super special/intelligent.

It's called passive income for a reason.

Oh boy, cue the, "Muh index!!1" sperglords.

I know I am, Jamar. When I found a way to actually beat the market by looking at past data and using it to time when stocks would rise and fall, I knew I'd never have to worry about money ever again.

Yeah, that's why Buffett made a bet with high profile hedge funds that a simple index fund would beat them over the course of the decade, and guess what, hedge funds never stood a chance.

Tell that to einhorn or soros.

Why does Buffet put money in anything else?

> implying Jews that high level aren't rigging everything
for the common man, index funds will still win out, especially if you're not actively full time day trading and wired 24/7

successful hedge funds beat index over time and more importantly they are not correlated to market performance, even in 2007/2008 they were making money while your index plundged

Steve Cohen dont get beat by no index fund. The hedge fund king.

Its MUCH MUCH harder to beat the market with a huge portfolio such as a hedge fund. Typical uneducated hivemind reply.

Consider this index memesters

You only need to find one priceline (PCLN) Amazon or pharmacyclics during your lifetime and you are practically set for life. And for many of these the writing was on the wall for a long ass time.

>but if you are disciplined and talented its very much possible.

Okay then go beat the market long-term and come back to us.

>Oh wow look at this small handful of people and like 5 out of all the thousands of hedge funds who beat the market! See, anyone can do it!

That's why so many people beat the market... right? Right? It's so easy but no one seems to do it. Why?

All it takes is ONE lottery ticket to be rich forever. So, why aren't you buying a lottery ticket user? Do you want to be poor?

Many beat it including me lol.

Roi of 100% yoy fag

Is that why you're a millionaire?

Why shouldn't I invest in the handful of hedge funds that consistently outperform index funds?

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself because of how transparent you are. You know that everyone sees through you, right?

I'll answer for user.

Because that isn't what hedge funds are supposed to do. Hedge funds aren't supposed to outperform index funds during bull periods, what they are supposed to do is be HEDGED so that when the economy takes a downturn it remains profitable.

The modern hedgefund does neither of these two things. It doesn't beat index funds, which is how its performance keeps being judged, and it doesn't hedge its investments in order to protect itself from bearish conditions. It imperfectly pursues profits during bull markets because that yields the easiest and largest paycheck for the people running it with other people's money.

>Why shouldn't I invest in the handful of hedge funds that consistently outperform index funds?

Because you need millions of dollars in order to invest in a hedge fund?

Why are you so retarded

He's always qualified his answer. Someone always asks what's good for the "average" person with not enough time to dedicate.

He'll go even further and say that most people should not.

He says this because he knows the level of commitment he's needed to get to where he is.
He played the game from the bottom all the way to the top.

The level you need to be at to even be considered a player to him is significantly higher than what most people can even conceive.

This is a man who moves markets with the silence between his words. He knows most of us are spastic idiots grasping at straws.

Two things favor the index funds, max risk and max utilization of capital.

He's gone on record saying diversification is for idiots. He built an investment system, a working symbiotic machine whose sum total is greater than the sum of the parts. All of which he shopped around for, for decades at a time to make sure it was a great fit.

I don't think you could be any deeper us this man's asshole even if you were giving him a prostate exam.

While you're not wrong, the other guy isn't wrong either.

Warren Buffet is so astronomically rich that he influences that market all by himself. People try and imitate what he does, simply because he's doing it.

He's also liable to know a shitton more about a company he buys out than you ever could even with the same amount of time. So given all that, you should stop being so egotistical in assuming that you're so special it's going to be YOU who beats the market when so many others fail.

You're much better off just parking your money on something which tracks the market and living your life as normal. You'll be happier that way, and richer.

>tfw index funds are so big most buy and sell within themsleves.