So we all know that the Hussars were pretty damn cool, hard arse, wodka chugging, mudslime killers...

So we all know that the Hussars were pretty damn cool, hard arse, wodka chugging, mudslime killers, BUT! The leopard skin and what not you may see them wearing. Where did they get those from? Did the travel east enough to find a leopard or like.. what? Where did they come from.. and why did they wear them in the first place? Halp

Other urls found in this thread:

kresy.pl/?zobacz/i-toc-to-jest-co-ich-tak-strasznymi-i-okrutnymi-czyni-czyli-husaria-i-skory#_ftn3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tell me,why do they wear leopard skin?

Yeah, why do they?

Obviously they got them from merchants of some kind. The reason they wore them is because Alexander the Great's Companion Cavalry wore them.

It's almost as if foreign merchants were a thing.

Ooooh~ Thank thou user.

Hussars did not like that. Polaks and their revisionist garbage.

Well obviously I didn't think of a shit ton of hussars going out buying a leopard pelt from some china man at the time :)))))

Judging by how retarded you are it wouldn't surprise me.

They would have probably been provided by the King or Nobility, perhaps a General.

Nothing beats post-18th century Germanic pseudo revisionism and historic point of view.

They did you retard. Even contemporary records made fun of how show off the hussars were.

Kek did you get your psychology diploma on the internet aswell cool guy?

What kind of tard asks why people wore fancy pelts? They did it to show off their wealth the same reason people bothered with jewelry and other such bullshit.

You now realize tha lynxes live (well used to live until about a century ago) in Poland and their pelts are nigh undistinguishable from leopards if you're a pleb.
That said, rich tovaritz did indeed pay dearly to have the most exotic animals draped over them.

Because its expensive. No other reason.
Wearing your money, since its the only achievement you've got.

Lotta loyalty for a hired horseman

Someone gets it.

Was getting caught by the Turks a part of your plan?

Crashing this vizier tent,with no survivors!

Fun fact: they were aping Ottoman Light Cavalry, the Deli.

Who wore weirder shit than they did.

They're based on the Gusars.

>they were aping Ottoman Light

Nope. Both Polish hussars and Turkish deli were based off Serbian cavalrymen mixed with local traditions.

What kind of guy ridicules someone for asking a basic question? You're just a shitthead.

Because they were rich as fuck and liked a lot of swag

There are a lot of sources for that.
For example Charles Ogier in his diary(1635) wrote:
>never have I seen a more peculiar sight than this. Polish nobility all on beautiful chargers, in superb shining armour, with panther, lion and tigers skins thrown over their shoulders

Also references are in:

Visiting Poland in 1593, Fynes Moryson
>Shakespeare’s Europe. Unpublished chapters of Fynes Moryson’s Itinerary Being a Survey of the Condition of Europe at the end of the 16th Century. - Charles Hughes, Londyn

Irish doctor
>The History of Poland in Several Letteres to Persons of Quality... Londyn 1698

Venetian ambassador in Poland
>Relazione di Polonia di Girolamo Lippomano 1575

and few others.

Taken from
kresy.pl/?zobacz/i-toc-to-jest-co-ich-tak-strasznymi-i-okrutnymi-czyni-czyli-husaria-i-skory#_ftn3
But it is in Polish