/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 7th:
1099 – First Crusade: The Siege of Jerusalem begins.
1494 – Spain and Portugal sign the Treaty of Tordesillas which divides the New World between the two countries.
1776 – Richard Henry Lee presents the "Lee Resolution" to the Continental Congress. The motion is seconded by John Adams and will lead to the United States Declaration of Independence.
1832 – Asian cholera reaches Quebec, brought by Irish immigrants, and kills about 6,000 people in Lower Canada.
1866 – One thousand eight hundred Fenian raiders are repelled back to the United States after they looted and plundered around Saint-Armand and Frelighsburg, Quebec.

>News
EU4 DD02/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-2nd-of-june-2016.940420/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/attack-of-the-clone-nation-leaders.943149/
imgur.com/a/YZ9kb
youtube.com/watch?v=DXG9ZlDXk7I&feature=youtu.be&t=14
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/i-protest.933513/#post-21201010
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that if you don't post regularly on /r/paradoxplaza, then you can't call yourself a true /gsg/ veteran and you should leave this thread forever,

reminder to report and ignore shitposting

where and how do you use air and navy experience

reminder to

Not a single encirclement was made.
Didn't got the 50% battleplan bonus either, just manually attacked.
All I did was have my troops train for 1 year. No brigade attachments.
Only outnumbered them by 3-4 divisions. My general's skill was 3.

Nice game Paradox.

is this windows xp or some shit

Fuck me, R&I's apprentice needs to up his game

JOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

Daily reminder HOI4 IS FOR KIDS and PARADOX IS CRAZY.

Really no stats to sperg over after a battle finishes?

That moment when you do facist coup on commies and suddenly half of Union is controled by White Army

>he has AI on historical focus
>he just wants to recreate WW2
>he hates fun
>he doesn't want Victoria 2 with nukes
>he wants railroaded HoI3

Been playing for 11 hours with a 5 hour sleep break and this is the most fun I've had in fucking ages, and I've only declared war once to annex Ireland. There's quite a few things I don't like, like the fact that the map isn't solid, some civil war events are bugged so Poland keeps having civil wars every single year but overall I think this could be Vicky II tier if Paradox tries to actually fix it and doesn't pander to reddit.

Still not as good as Darkest Hour though.

>hoi4 has not battle reports

how do i parachute myself into a volcano

im gona get annexed by the end of the war anyway

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/attack-of-the-clone-nation-leaders.943149/

[muffled hand rubbing in the distance]

>I
>My
Nice youtube/stream cap, faggot.

>if Paradox tries to actually fix it and doesn't pander to reddit.
xD

it's fun, until you realize that you can win all wars and losing is impossible unless done on purpose.

see:

So I will be the first to make an overall tune-up and fix mod for HOI4. What changes do you want to see in v0.1?

Plan so far is to
>remove silly meme names for nations
>give PRC their proper flag rather than the flag they adopted in 1949
>make Stanley Baldwin PM of the UK at start instead of Chamberlain

I agree that the political stuff is possibly an improvement, but you say you have only had one war. When you play a large war you will realize how shit the new system is,.

based pizzanigger

How do I fix this flag? I replaced the default with the Swastika flag in GIMP and saved it as a .tga with the exact same dimensions, but I get this.

wow, people from /gsg/ watch my youtube channel? i need to step up my game

Make it so US elections aren't retarded

find the bugd game

non-compressed 32bit

Fix this.

>twin generals

So is HoI4 an EU4 of HoI?

I really dislike the OOB removal.

whoops

Bugged retard you say? You need to capture more of Sinkiang, easy as that.

who is the black man in the middle? is he coming with a dlc?

>game developed for 3 years
>all south american leaders have generic "latino man" portraits
>all chinese warlords have generic "chinese warlord" portraits
>no metaxas line (second strongest after marginot line) in greece
>republican spain has communist allegiance, nationalist spain has fascist allegiance
>historically fascist regimes having neutral allegiance
>national focuses for only 6 countries
>3 FUCKING YEARS
let me guess, dlcs?

Well EU3 was already pretty casual. If you're asking if they needlessly removed good mechanics (mana instead of sliders in EU4) then yes. Battle plans are the worst mechanic of all time.

you need to untick RSE compression and export it as a tga apparently. I couldn't get it to work.

There's already mod in workshop that replaces German flag with the proper one.

Just remember, East vs West died for this. HoI4 was in development longer than EvW was by miles.

That's Randolph Heinler, leader of the DNSAP.

well you might not believe it, but they have a swastika detector. same thing in hoi3 and dh. you need to find another way.

mods will fix it :^)

>buying the game

good goy

Fix fascism in British dominions. They shouldn't get rid of the union jack from their flags. The main change should be adding the lightning flash to the small Union jacks on the dominion flags. Canadian/Australian/South African fascism was just an extension of British fascism. Even the main Canadian/Australian fascist parties just called themselves Canadian Union of Fascists, Australian Union of Fascists etc.

Elaborate.

Elaborate also. Fix what, in particular?

Standard Paradox jew tactics. But more likely they've just been goofing off all the time and being fucking lazy.

Include this some notes: if you want all countries to use the state flag then replace the neutral and fascist one with the democratic one; also changed Legionary to Kingdom of
General flag fixing would be nice.
Replacing portraits with actual photos to eliminate the Illuminati leaders, but this is lower priority and will take a crapload of time.

But frankly, HoI 4 is a game that isn't even worth modding.

Actually, you can download files from workshop without owning the game.

A proper supply system
Bring back the OOB

Why battle plans suck?

> EU3 was already pretty casual.
I've never played EU1 or EU2: the post.

>Bring back the OOB
Bring it back to Armies and up, the worst part of HoI3 was having to move corps HQs.

Hourly reminder HOI4 has only 483 unique minister portraits, compared to 17,524 in Darkest Hour, and 17,698 in HOI3, and this doesn't even take into account identical men wearing different suits; so the actual title is probably even lower.

imgur.com/a/YZ9kb

The combat in this game gives me cancer, how the fuck can darkest hour have a more in depth tech tree than this fucking mmorpg talent system

Pls buy dlc

Noted.

I'll look at it but what do you mean about 'state flags'?

I'm not a frickin wizard lol

JOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

What you see is a single Soviet province in my territory where Japanese troops with whom I am at war retreated into. I can't get them out and sometimes they randomly manage to attack from neutral territory for whatever reason. They've honestly covered my entire front with Russia with troops. They have tons of troops in Russia for unknown purposes. It's all kinds of fucked up, just like those Americans and Brits wh aren't invited into my lands, but there they are.

εισαι kομμουνι ρε μαλαkα?

>why isn't everything for FREE???
>do they seriously expect me to pay for their work?
>are you telling me i have to level from 0 again in diablo 3 when I was already max level in dablo 2? that's i i'm sueing blizzard

Can anyone tell me what exactly is plan value? What does it do? Also, when I declare war on a country and give my commander the order to execute it, he always gets those negative modifiers. Plan value was +80% before I executed it, and it didn't have shit like "Division still preparing" or "Some divisions not in position"

I clicked post reply too early

Darkest Hour wasn't made by PDS.

For instance right now Japan is using the IJA flag instead of the state flag which would be identical to the present-day flag. Likewise, Romania's coat of arms was only present on the war flag, not the state flag, which was the bare tricolour.

any way to better see where the VP are beside one little fucking dot on this clusterfuck of a map annons ?

What is the best Italian state and why is it Savoy?

This seems to be something hardcoded. Like I said, I'm not a wizard and can not modify how the game is built and functions. Only how it looks and how things progress (eg. events, decisions).

The crappy AI will be fixed by Paradox, I'm sure.

μονο για να με βοηθησουν οι σοβιετιkοι να παρω την τουρkια, μετα θα ξαναγυρισω στον μεταξα :D

>all text in size 16 wordart
>map that's full of stupid mistakes
>graphics like you're playing Civilization
>ck2 style map textures
What is this supposedly fascist-Dutch flag even supposed to mean? Two Schleswig lions on a flag of Paris?
>mfw
youtube.com/watch?v=DXG9ZlDXk7I&feature=youtu.be&t=14
Although sea/ocean textures are 10/10 and a lot of the mechanics have potential after three years of patching

8/10 too triggered to play

> no after battle report
> cant trade resource 4 resource

Really makes you think huh

>being 10times less complex than its predecessors
>their work

t.paradrone

>he bought the game
KEK

>australian union of fascists
What? It was called the New Guard and later the Centre Party with a faction called the Fascist Legion.

> A proper supply system
What's wrong with supply system in HoI4 though? I've played the game and it's pretty good, pockets still work and organizing supplying of your troops is less tedious. No more "surround the capital to starve all the troops" meme.

>AI germany shits the bed against France
>AI Italy conquers all of southern France and eventually takes Paris
>"German Troops look unstoppable!"
>Vichy France created from Italian held territory, Germany given land it didn't even get close to in northern France
Great, nice railroading.

>Protestant greeks

Nobody's forcing you to play or even buy the game if you don't like it.

>tfw Deep Purple

>he pays for entertainment

Do you also enjoy sucking on black dick? lmaoing at your life.

please reminder me on where to spend my experience

jesus fuck

Does this game railroad historical events like Roosevelt suffering his stroke and dying?

Paradrones would positively review a jar of Black Bull semen if it had the paradox logo on it.

Wow. I don't like Hearts of Iron 4 very much.

bring back free city of gdansk
it could be this game's krakow

>those green parts in Britain and France

yesterday i got a bug where vichy france was released twice, so i had vichy france in northern france
and vichy in southern france
and they were at war with each other
and one of them was ruled by a NIGGER

What's the HIP submod with the cocks and shit that gives you one prestige per event called?

>it must be the rest that are too positive and not us that are too negative

It's nice to see Protestantism in Europe is finally dying.

>those muslim contamination levels in greece and bulgaria
shit map

t.Paradrone.

>have 100s of hours into HOI3
>do everything manually
>start HOI4
>no idea what I am supposed to do

t. definitely not paracox shill

Does HoI4 have helicopters? Those were my favorite in DH
>>do everything manually
lol liar everyone knows HoI3 is literally impossible to play without letting the AI do everything

>check the DH forum
>one of the biggest modders is banned
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/i-protest.933513/#post-21201010

I do everything manually in hoi3 too, you jackass.

I hope you guys didn't download that torrent that Johan bundled with a virus

>He doesn't play Soviets in full manual mode

Fucking casuals.

am i supposed to manually keep track of all the trading in victoria 2?

Which one is that?

Literally everything has positive reviews on steam unless it's complete dogshit that won't even run.

The average guy is a schmuck, there's a reason why yearly installments of COD still sell like hot cakes.

Lol at "France"

>Joined: Feb 24, 2003

holy sweet goddamn