>every weekend off too
>165 days off a year
>still paid 75k

Awesome dude

Great. Thanks for the insight user.

> 26 sick days a year
guess who isnt getting promoted

hmm that picture really makes me think

Congrats, you've impressed all the other cubicle cucks here by having a marginally more advantageous slavery contract.

hmm that picture really makes muh dik

Once you get to be a senior manager even taking all your vacation is pretty hard. Once you get a business phone they've got your ass.

Sauce bro sauce!

>It's better to work for yourself 80 hours a week 52 weeks a year than to work for someone else for less

Lol, you can't make this shit up.

I wonder if OP has a point to his story or if he's just autistic?

Like everyone else on this site, he will not make any points and he is autistic.

I wonder the sauce on ops pic.

>80 hours

Rofl, try 10, tops. Feels good man.

Okay.

government work, huh?

me too except I'm a contractor so I get paid three times as much to do twice the work in half the time.

its my fucking slutty sister, pic was taken by an ex-bf who sent them to everyone. she was drunk btw.
sucks for my family.

Lol, no it's not nigger. Your peons should know what to do when you're not there, and if you're not a total plebeian you are a director and have senior managers who work for you making your department run.

Muh dick t b h

/thread

Either lying or extremely blessed.

If it's the latter, good for you.

>i realize the schedule is slipping but i have to show off how much pto i get to Veeky Forums!

This is a great way to waste the 10+ years it takes to become a director. Unless of course you work for a totally insignificant company. More likely a totally fabricated company.

He both has a point and is autistic.

Not him, but in the financial banking world you HAVE to take 2 weeks off in a row every year by US law. You're not even allowed to access your work email during that time. If a manager can get away for 2 weeks in a row at fucking Goldman Sachs, then there's no reason why anyone anywhere can't establish ways to take off their vacation.

It depends on the culture, but a lot of companies will think you're stupid for not taking the PTO the company gives you.

>living in a fantasy world, the post

Other industries have 24/7/364 production cycles (have yet to see a plant run on Christmas) without the benefit of a government mandated vacation. It is much easier to get away with a 2 week vacation when it is stipulated by labor laws.

It has nothing to do with labor laws m8. It's to reduce the risk of white collar crime within the firm. (the people who get delegated the person's workload can find out if something fishy is going on).

I'm just saying that Goldman is notorious for thinking any employee working less than 60 hour weeks clearly doesn't care enough. Still, if you're just looking at manufacturing sectors, maybe you're right. The majority of business and well-paying employment in the US however is not in those sectors.

Yea I can only speak for manufacturing and logistics. Company policy can be just as good as labor law. If the expectation is that you'll be gone 2 weeks so your work can be audited it is much easier to plan around than having the expectation that you'll be available for consult any time a line is down or a product needs to be dispositioned.

I legitimately think that company culture is just as important. As I said about Goldman and their long hours, I work for Morgan and we tend to focus more on the work/life balance. Management say it's a giant shift when they get hired from Goldman and suddenly work 10 hours less a week and take non-mandated vacation.

I work at a major aerospace firm as an operations manager with 24/7 operations. Getting away from work is a nightmare. There is always a manufacturing crisis; a misplaced part, a non-conformance where someone fucked up badly, a deadline that was missed.

If I turn off my phone for two weeks, I pay for this in the two months after because the incompetent cunts fuck up so much.

Yes I can imagine culture is important. At my current company it is very common for senior managers to sell a week or two of vacation back to the company. The payout is at a diminished rate but it is very difficult to use it all. Kind of envy you financial types.

We had our HR people approach us about trying to bypass our CCPs because hourly employees keep fucking up the paperwork and getting written up. The fucking idiots that work in manufacturing boggle my mind.

About 3/4 of our workforce is de-unionized so we deal them accordingly. If you are in a unionized workforce, God help you. Lazy bastards the lot.

> still a faggot