/indie/ - Indie Games General

Last thread hit image limit: >What in the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Hotline Miami, Bastion, Machinarium, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, feg, Sonic Dreams Collection, Dorito Galaxy, etc.
Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here. Remember to tell just some user and other namefags that use names when they're not needed to fuck off!

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. Besides that, don't forget to play our !!!!GAME OF THE WEEK!!!!* and other indie games to have lots of joy and to make more discussions to our general. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except for namefags.
* - not a thing right now because we're on life support, also because that user is gone now

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=moDRbYgxDg4
youtube.com/watch?v=WmQrth_9dM4
humblebundle.com/hamble-staff-picks-bundle
youtu.be/MpFcfSU2OI0
youtu.be/xqmpich8Knc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manichaeism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for dankest games
youtube.com/watch?v=moDRbYgxDg4

>new thread before image limit
>/ntg/ autists already shitting up the thread
simply ebin

calm down bro
its not like our autists have never made a new thread just for the image limit

For the love of god /indie/ don't be one of those people that preface all of their steam reviews with their anecdotal credentials. It is obnoxious as shit

What does that even mean?

anybody try this yet? Is it any good?

What game?

filename baka. It used to be called Enemy Starfighter however

STEAMWORLD HEIST

not him but it's probably some shit made by just some faggot

IF YOU HATE OMNIBUS THEN I HATE YOU

Is there any indie character that can defeat Tom Morello on a guitar battle?
youtube.com/watch?v=WmQrth_9dM4

fish can

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS HANDS

But, does Fish have any other talents?

professional male stripper

it looks fun

Can fish roll on my dick?

>/ntg/ will ne forever dead
>no new updates
i miss it

I had a dream this night where nuclear throne was finished and it was good and not a broken piece of shit.

what was it like user

I don't remember much but I know that there was shitloads of exploring, you had to break walls to discover stuff and shit.

I'm jealous.
Maybe it'll come true. I doubt it though.

I shouldn't take pleasure in bullying Turing, but I do and it's awful. It's a beautiful sick, sick, awfulness

Can you bully her with your dick?

>Sonic dreams collection
>dorito galaxy
>>Indie
Remember when that stood for independently produced and wasn't just a label for budget games? Or in music it now means whiney faggot on acoustic and doot doot keyboard and most of them have record labels now.

Any who im fucking addicted to pixel dungeon right now because by circumstances I'm an android pleb right now. Been playing mostly Shattered because mage staff is OP in that and I actually have beaten level 15 so I have Huntress. Sprouting is damned good too, but after a point the inventory management feels overwhelming.

What do you think are the worst indie game levels?
For me it's the son's levels in hotline miami 2, ESPECIALLY take over on hard mode.

>Remember when that stood for independently produced and wasn't just a label for budget games?

Yeah, I remember. But this thread could use all games discussion it can and where else are people going to discuss those smaller miscellaneous games that can't support generals?

That one level from Rex Rocket.

Anything Eldritch throws at me in world 2. Fuck that game is hard
I'm going by worst as in hardest, I can't think of one that actually pisses me off...
I guess if I had to pick I always try to stay the fuck away from the jungle in hyper rogue. Stupid vines usually get me before I can grab 9 rubies.

>sad Turing

This is unacceptable.

Speaking of hyper rogue does anyone know if it's worth coughing up another four bucks for HRGold on mobile? The free version is good, levels unlock in a different order and no fancy PC options though. Would I just be buying the same game as I have on Steam for my tablet or is it different than PC?

>The Son
>Worst level on hard mode.
First of all, The Son is fun, FUN. Secondly, Dead Ahead is the worst hard mode because it's biggest level in the game. Also, it's hard mode, the game can't just give you the level for free.

>Hotline Miami 2 got an update

Can the swell adventures of Manny Pardo live on?

>son levels
>bad
top kek stay pleb my man

I ain't pleb, beat them on hard but they're still garbage

>commie scum in my general

I'm starting to warm up on Aliph's design in Even The Ocean. It's odd, but fitting. The whole game looks very offbeat

ITT the only indie games to ever exist are hotline Miami and nuclear throne.
Nobody has played Hyper Rogue?

No, stop being mad at people talking about indie games in an indie game general.

Not mad, just wanting an opinion of the gold version. Stop assuming any contrary opinion is somebody being mad at you, that's like some kind of complex right there.

no
it looks unique tho
kinda want to give it a try

As I said mobile has a free version which is lacking compared to the Steam one. I think I played four bucks at most for it on PC but if you have an android that's a good way to test it. My main beef is always starting in the ice world and the music get tedious because that's what I hear in the game 75% of the time because its a rogue like. A more randomised level progression would be neat.

post god tier indie fan art

it play good though?

What games are you playing my homies?

What the fuck game are YOU playing? That looks kinda cool. I already said I'm stuck with android rigt now and that screen cap looks relevant to my interests.

Solitaire spider on my browser.

My gaming computer is being used at the moment.

The game is called downwell my dawg
Pretty gud game

Shit it's not compatible with my freaking tablet. Oh well I'll just download rick and Morty Jerry's game because that popped up.
Casual af yo.

Well have fun with that

I'm actually having more then I was expecting to have.

Whould you recommend it?

If you want to waste time grinding literal air it's good. It's the game you see jerry playing in episode 1 season 1 of rick and Morty with the balloons. Fits a bit of a parody of casual games, you can earn free shit by watching ads like Pocket Mortys and you have to unlock things like backgrounds music and the ability to pause(which needs more balloons to use)
So yeah pretty much what you expect if youve seen jerry playing it in the background

Honestly I stopped playing when I made this reply I'll probably play the odd game while I am not doig anything and pissed off at things that make me think.

humblebundle.com/hamble-staff-picks-bundle
Looks ok I guess. I have hand of fate on my wishlist but I missed the cheaper hours.

hand of fate is some real good shit

Aight cool I mite check it out

Bump

Bamp!
Does Final Fantasy Record Keeper count as indie now that apparently AAA devs can make indie games so long as they're cheap?
I both love and hate that fucking game. I love the game itself, the UI however was coded by a brain damaged marmoset on methadone and the loading feels like they only have one server in Asia.

Level 4 of Crypt of the Necrodancer

They're not really independent if they're made by a company that has the budget for AAA games though.

Post cute!!

Anyone know if Craft The World is decent?

The thing about Record Keeper is there is a Final Fantasy thread so the miscellaneous game argument doesn't apply. This thread should be reserved for games that don't have anywhere else to go.

>pic related

Benis

Yeah well there's a sonic game and a game made by sprites in the general description, this was covered already AAA has ruined indie. You know PAX used to be about indie games? Now is dominated by AAA shit.
Yeah good point.

Sprites = D o r i t o s
I hope the guy who coded autocorrect gets slapped until the cry.

Dude i know this is a indie games general but why all this hate for AAA stuff?

Wait, when was there a sonic game? I can't find it on this general?

Sonic Dreams Collection

What was a fangame though. It's indie since a big company didn't make it and was independently created instead.. Same for things like Megaman Unlimited. Also I wonder how many people got off to the dreams collection unironically?

I don't hate AAAs but I don't like them muscling in on the little guy. They don't need to call them indie just to steal fans, they should be called what they are, budget games.
Right in the OP, o' observant one.

I didn't know it was a fan game. Im not a huge sonic geek, grew up with SNES and NES then PSX.
Speaking of fan made though, anyone play Quint's Revenge? It's a remix of Mega Man 2 starring Quint from MM2 for game boy, the dude with the jackhammer weapon.
Also it's very lore driven and I ended up learning a thing or two about mega man while looking it up, such as Quint is actually Rock from a future where Wily gets beaten into submission and becomes reformed so he decommissions his battle gear and I guess goes into the field of infrastructure construction? I dunno. It's all in Archie comics. Either way not a ROM mod, Google it. It has some added moves like an X dash and a sort of double jump you can only do from dead falling.

ay yo
more like hyTHICCs

All I see is desolation.

I love how this feels 80s in a weirdly unique way that most games don't explore. Feels a lot like the music videos MTV used to show and the fanbase that they had during the sorta 80s period. That's just me though.

Reminder that Off is inspired by an obscure and weirdly named religion/ religious belief system.

Well, what is it?

my dick

Machinarium, a pretty good adventure game

But that was released in 2009 while OFF came out in 2007

Sounds really interesting actually. I'll give it a play sometime. You should try Megaman Unlimited. It's an incredibly solid fangame that took a few years to make and feels as though it's official due to just how well done it is. Arguably one of the best megaman fan games period when it comes to being a homage to the classic series. Also that OST's something else, save for a track or two done by this one dude like with Rainbow Man's theme being a glaringly obvious one. Also you've never seen Sonic Dream Collection? I take it you don't watch LPs because everyone and their mother was playing it for a little while when it came out. youtu.be/MpFcfSU2OI0 youtu.be/xqmpich8Knc

Nonono. The religion isn't named that. Manichaeism is the religion. Manichaeism, not Machinarium. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manichaeism

Any time in nuclear throne when you get an especially bad spawn.
Even worse with crown of blood and already being in the loop.
Even worse when that is the sole reason you died despite having a good run ahead.

OFF was ahead of its time, as they say.

Like taking inspiration from games not invented yet.

Also this.

Thats an interesting comparison. A correct comparison

Basically the batter is Jim Jones and is saving people from their normal impure mortal existence in order for them to join that of a more pure and spiritual one while not also doing that to himself.

Dude /x/ is the other tab

I'm tired of pop culture references.

Who the fuck cares this is indie games general. What does that have to do with indie games? Either you are lost or not being descriptive enough.

Why? Memes?

I play all these indie games and they toss in all these references to old games like Simon's Quest. This isn't fun. I want the fun!

Well I don't know what you can do about that. Pop culture references are kind of in everything, no matter what the medium. Try finding some like minded individuals and petition steam for a 'zero pop culture refernces' search category. It's gotta be more useful then female protagonist.

Thing is a lot of indie games are created partially as homages to the dev's childhood favorites and current favorites sometimes.
Hell even AAA does this with each other, usually within the same development company, such as the final fantasy XXXV posters in Deus Ex.
Try Fourecks strategies? That seems more or less safe from anything but historical references.

What did he mean by this?