/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Junethack is ongoing for the rest of June: junethack.net/
/rlg/ clan: Just kidding, there isn't one.

Poschengband 4.0.2 released: angband.oook.cz/forum/showpost.php?p=111187&postcount=195

DCSS Trunk Updates: crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-25-may-2016

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/pkf1qnuZ

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10423830
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for android race a best

>savescumming in the OP

I feel like an anime character.

You must worship Dithmenos to get the full nothing personnel kid effect

Let's settle this once and for all!

strawpoll.me/10423830

Is there a way to check for what items have spawned in the game, even if the floor they spawned on no longer exists? I'm zig scumming and worried I might have missed an item

artifacts, or common items?

no, you can't see which items have been lost forever in zig/pan/abyss

FR: unrands left behind in those areas are added back to the item pool

Calm the fuck down son

>Start new character
>Sell some useless shit after wargs
>See this in the shop

No.
Fuck you game.
Never has anything this good been sold at any shop.
Jesus fucking christ I'd murder for this.
If someone tells me I should've played a Meme-Knight I'm going to find them and kick them in the balls.
Literally perfect.

unrandarts
and, oh, ok, I didn't know that. I'm not so worried anymore.

Jesus I can't play DDA for more than 5 minutes anymore

man, that's giving me memories of throwing all the junk in my pockets at manhacks because my encumbering-as-fuck armor plus zweihander meant i could never actually hit them in melee

i think they nerfed throwing shit at dodgy enemies some time since I last played though

well if you're telling us not to tell you, you know you should have done so.

fr stands for feature request
that isn't currently in the game AFAIK

>only 150k
that's a pretty good deal
too bad you're poor

oh, I now I am worried, I thought it meant 'future reference'

Why?

Good thing I've got a diamond katana then. Jesus fuck this thing is strong

>not using a FLAMING ZWEIHANDER
i'm disappointed, user
your choices are objectively wrong and uncool

The version I built for myself fixes the dosh knight exploit.

>Why?

I've already figured it out and finding food is tedious as hell

Fuck you.
Goddammit.

yay! I'm in the OP! My damage was pretty insane near the end there. I hit 23 of the last 24 attacks against the Serpent, which is pretty good when your damage is pic related.

I'm going to eat your corpse in Hell 666 like I did for Oberon you lying dirty double minotaur who didn't come to termcast. seriously please cut it out, it's a legit win and I want to enjoy it

oops wrong image, that one is from much earlier

This one shows the insane damages.
With Grond and a set of Gloves of the Berserker with +1.5 attacks, I get over 2k damage per round versus evil.

Helm of Ares is great, even though having a no-resist/utility helm is rough on the swaps. But those dragon boots were incredible and carried me through having lots of damage-only slots.

>damage 555
heh

anyways user you know i love you, i would never seriously accuse you of scumming

Finding food is literally just "find anthill."

Alright, so I've just gotta win twice in a row in Wheel.
I can already feel that shield on my arm.

I got a axe of distortion as a gift, took it off, and was taken to the abyss. How dead is this run?

other highlights included
117% liferating (after about 5 !NewLife)
Maxing out 4 stats despite lucky's -2s all around
Wild Blade of Chaos 1d30 and Vilya's +3 weapon dice is definitely a combo

Hades, Hermes, Zeus, the Master Tonberry, and some random early human uniques are still alive. I might clean them up at some point but it's not really necessary. I did kill the Unicorn after winning.
This Cloak of the Nazgul (+9, +8) [1, +15] (+2) {SpSl; -WiLf; -Li;CoPoNtShBl;FaSi} was my cloak almost all game long. The vulnerabilities negative liferating were annoying but the other pluses were too good to turn down.

Stone of Life for president. I wore The Jewel of Judgement for grinding/dungeoneering purposes for a long time at 50, but pre-50 and for the Serpent the Lifestone was just amazing.

Getting the gloves of Miphistopheles was really lucky and awesome because I wanted to all-in dual-wielding weapons on this character.

Apollo's harp was great but I also wouldn't have minded wearing one of my other +5 speed shooters, that can actually shoot! I needed the rLight to make up for my cloak though, and the clairvoyance was very helpful when collecting !*Healing* but not having access to shooting damage was problematic at times, and most warriors do use actual shooters

Deader than dead famicon, start running.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but there's an abyssal rune of zot RIGHT THERE

Spam brothers in arms and berserk,if you die you gotta do it with style.

>wield-identifying weapons
anyways distortion is actually a really strong brand, idk why you would immediately take it off unless it was a shit base type (in which case why did you try it in the first place?)

I did notice, its tempting. I'm not ashamed to admit I have never gotten a single rune before, at the very least I could touch it...

holding the rune also makes exits much more likely to appear

Unfortunately I didn't actually want to equip it, hit the touch pad with my arm and it equipped. I was fighting hydras in the lair and thought fire would be better. Not a smart move apparently.

Just do it.

Spam brothers in arms.

Spam trog's hand.

Fuck piety you gotta grab it man, getting abyss rune in los as soon as you enter is a bless. And it makes popping exits faster.

Burn everything to grab it. Haste yourself with that wand. Get agility. Godspeed user.

Been playing videogames for 6 years now and this is the first thread I see on Veeky Forums Veeky Forums?

Really shows how pathetic this place is.

(you)

We did it boys. Now to escape.

seriously you probably wanna use trog's hand to regen

just sitting around mashing 5 to heal in the abyss ain't a great plan cause you'll always be getting interrupted by more monsters

Is your first ever DCSS rune actually the abyssal rune?
Nice.

I literally identified the axe I got and the portal appeared... The luck is strong today!

You're fighting two enemies. One is far more difficult than the other.

Do you kill the stronger one first or the weaker one?

You should be able to answer this.

there are SpAks who have gotten the abyssal rune in

Well that was lucky indeed.

Also that exec axe is thebest axe you can get for now.

Now don't splat horribly after this.

Yeah but he said it was his first ever rune.

Yes, my first ever is. Literally the furthest I have been is dying to the 27(?) headed hydra in Swamp.

How do you feel after they just removed decks in Crawl (except for Nemelex followers)?

I kill both at the same time.

Well that's something very few people can say. I've won 2 games and I've never got the abyssal rune

This actually made clearing O:2 about a dozen times easier than it would have been.

depends on the situation obviously

if the difficult one's a squishy glass cannon like an orc priest next to a regular orc, i'll kill the priest first

if it's a tanky motherfucker like an emperor scorpoion next to some tabfodder spider enemy i'll kill the weak dude first

Wait did that one dude from one of the previous threads really delete decks and change how nemelex works?

Yeah in trunk decks are gone. Not sure about Nemelex though. Tavern right now is split between the "remove decks, remove is good!" and "keep decks"

no that idea posted in /rlg/ never went anywhere

crawldevs just stopped decks from randomly spawning, so they're only accessible by worshipping Nem

step 1

actually step 1 was removing the deck types that weren't gifted by nem

actually actually step 1 was removing those deck types from nem when he was reworked

>the barnacled rune of Zot is a mimic!
Does that mean that the real rune haven't spawned and I should go back or is it still out there on the level?

It's in another one of the huts.

Nah, I'm no dev. I can definitely see this going down the same route as my idea though.

Make sure you check what monsters are standing on before waving your sound ball rod around.

ITS TIME TO GET RICH BOIS

>a fucking book trove
kill me.

hahaha, that bites son

Well, a fighting and an evo manual are nice I-I guess.

Trog gifted you a free abyssal rune

You fucking shitter
those alone turned that into the best trove you could have found

That's a pretty good haul, tbqh senpai.

>a fighting and an evo manual are nice I-I guess.
You bet your goddamn ass they are.

that's like finding 4 or 6 potions of experience, you bet it was worth it

Alright boys, this is the run

>tfw you have enough +speed that a 2-charge rod of detection can't recharge fast enough for you anymore

How come the mercenary card is always complete garbage? Even from a legendary deck, with 27 evo, it costs gold and produces a shitty 'harmless' or 'easy' ally.

Meanwhile an untrained user can draw foxfire from a plain deck and summon 5 yaktaurs for no cost.

>foxfire
that summons insects and shit user

they can get an army of red wasps though

maybe spark wasps too now?

merc card should let you summon uniques for a price imo.

are you saying yakatar's aren't annoying insects?

>tfw you're so bad at magic devices you fail to read a t-shirt

oh, sorry, I was thinking of rangers. Still though, do you see my point?

That was actually suprisingly easy.
Only lost 11 arrows to disint breath and one !Healing to Whirlpool.

>melee damage: 156
One day I'll find a good weapon and use all the buffs and get dispelled.

This is actually fun once you get passed the early game where you can't do anything.

should've played a dosh knight

>Trog gifts you the elven rune
Pottery.

I get in a 1x1 corridor, kill the weaker one and then pillardance until I can park the strong one.

>playing DrCj, just turned red
>find the Gauntlets of War just lying on the ground on D:5
Too bad I don't have any good weapons. The only ego item I've found is a dagger of draining.

Annoying little fucker.

sexualize
the gods

Don't sexualize the gods

> Xom finds this hilarious

>A fire dragon (friendly).

I think it's funny that the combo you gotta enter to choose a MuMo is "V, C".
It's like the game is trying to tell you how shit they are

There's King Pushover done with. From here I guess Either it's take out Cthulhu or just go straight to the Serpent. Kinda want to get things over with. But I'll put it off until I get a good night's rest.

>when you're forced to use all 5 scrolls of teleportation you had to escape 1 group of enemies

Senpai.

>vampiric
>vorpal
>slays evil
>blessed so I can actually use it
This is the best randart stormbringer I've seen.

I don't get it.

Are you playing a Priest? How is it?
Daemon- I'm guessing?

WC

Version Control?
What Colour?

WC is water closet or bathroom in europe. I don't know why V translates to W though, might be a german thing?

I'm worshipping chei for the first time.

The stats are good and all, but how do I use the god skills?

>"V, C"

Villainous corprophile?