/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #366

"N̶O̶ EMOJI!" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10118444
strawpoll.me/10162336
strawpoll.me/10170610
strawpoll.me/10209355
strawpoll.me/10288544
strawpoll.me/10296122
strawpoll.me/10347373
strawpoll.me/10347359

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uxilPbnsm1w
youtube.com/watch?v=hN9TucT5gfk).
youtube.com/watch?v=vYQGUxB0de8
youtube.com/watch?v=m6v6wtvvGWg
youtube.com/watch?v=OJVAeliWSy0
youtube.com/watch?v=MnA4u9CaK7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

(^ ^)/

Does anyone know how the textures for the Veeky Forums league team are coming along? Is there anything we have to do?
Also E3 in a few days.

S2 is happening (very early, prelim planning stages) but won't be mentioned at E3.

Reminder that Chloe's "NO EMOJI" attitude towards Max is merely self-protective; Max is too cute as is - Chloe dies a little inside from sweetness-overload every time Max uses an emoji.

Also this artist has a bunch of cute pictures.

I would think that right now most of the resources at Dontnod are devoted to finishing Vampyr. At most, the LiS team is sitting around the discussing ideas for plots and powers in S2.
I don't think SE is involved with Vampyr so they won't say anything about it. If Dontnod mentions anything about it will be a general announcement. I don't even know if they have a reveal planned for Vampyr since the publisher doesn't seem as big as SE is.

They aren't going to make a sequel.

There she goes again

Of course they are, it will just take a few years. LiS was wildly successful and did better than they ever imagined. It probably won't be connected to the first season, but they will reuse the format for a new cast and setting.
I'm fine with that as long as they don't have another predictable ending, that makes no sense, and that they don't make one of those terrible endings canon.

They are.

Then why would you want to play a sequel?

The main appeal was the characters, and there's not much of a tangible format to recreate without them.

You're getting way ahead of yourself.

>Bunny emoji Kate
Perfect.

Because maybe they will create a new cast that's different but just as likable as the ones we currently know, along with a new setting.
I love LiS and the characters, but unless they retcon a vast amount (They won't) there's nowhere for the story to go.

Focus Home is publishing Vampyr so SE has nothing to do with it.

SE owns the LiS franchise so they could potentially pawn it off to anyone, but I assume they have a good relationship with Dontnod and they won't rock the boat.

Thanks! The artist has a pretty cute style, even if I wouldn't know half of those characters without tags.

How would a threesome work with Max and kate?

What the fuck, the kid who makes this is 16?
What am I doing with my life?

Being comfy here

I was just looking at their Tumblr.
A game. About Deer solving some kind of mystery and having an adventure.
I think Max would love it. The creator says they love LiS so I would expect some references besides the obviously inspired graphical style.

Imagine someone who has never had the chance to make friends in a comfy imageboard posting about their favorite game. Imagine losing all the fun and sad times shared together here. Is this what you really want?

Is life all about being successful to you?

Max takes cute pictures of Alice!

>Be deer
>Going about doing deer things
>Suddenly see a flash
>Turn
>Max with a camera smiling and waving picture
>She waves to you
>You can't wave back, you're a deer
>She runs off to a tan pickup truck and drives off with Chloe

>friendly reminder that turning off your game at the decision screen is confirmed canon ending

What's she thinking about?

She looks unimpressed with whatever she's looking at.
Maybe Max is talking to Victoria, so Chloe's just trying to remain calm and patient until Max is done.

youtube.com/watch?v=uxilPbnsm1w
>"A Ninja would have cut Nathan's head off. I just took a butterfly photo."

That was unfunny.

>That PSY dance
Every fucking time.
That is a good ending though. Chloe lives, no use of time power, plenty of time before the storm, and even Nathan gets to live.
I hope Sbel does a kind of Ep 6 video or uses the future models some more.

The dance will start the storm...

The dance was so bad that the butterfly flew away from Arcadia Bay, bringing the storm elsewhere

Agreed. Shame that the only person out there making somewhat believable videos has a shitty sense of humor.

Renderanon's cheeky Tyrone at the end of his post-BAE video on the other hand was comedy gold (youtube.com/watch?v=hN9TucT5gfk).

No, but I never implied as much.
Challenging yourself isn't necessarily about success.

>>You can't wave back, you're a deer
10/10 would kek again

>A game. About Deer solving some kind of mystery and having an adventure.
This is everything I didn't know I wanted.

>Max clipping through the wall
But the storm still came.

That has truly made me realize that we'll never see them again.

There is a future- that we are not a part of.

How about these?
youtube.com/watch?v=vYQGUxB0de8
youtube.com/watch?v=m6v6wtvvGWg

Vicky is truly beautiful.

But user... We see them everyday!

We ~are~ their future.

We're living in their past.

youtube.com/watch?v=OJVAeliWSy0
Max looks hella great with this hair.

We don't get to see them anymore, but we can be happy knowing we gave them a future. And we can imagine the details of that future.
Our job is done, they're happy and safe. =

Max vs Lisg

They barely even make lip contact, and because of the shitty animation, every artist draws with the same forced mouth-pressure.

Let's have a real kiss!

Much better than inanimate lip-contact.

Sure, sometimes. And sometimes in their future. Most of the time we are just giving them presence. But all of those are still their future, as without it we'd forget about them. Thinking about them however is all that ever made them alive in the first place.

Use your eyes. Both physically and figuratively. You can see them just as much as you could then.

I wouldn't be here anymore if I felt trapped. I understand some people here are legitimately emotionally haunted and can't let go despite wanting to. I'm not and I don't. I am however internet addicted and /lisg/ is part of that.

It was her first kiss, give her a break!

Not digging tomboy Max, personally. Her hair is perfect as is really, although I'm not saying she wouldn't look great with other styles.

???

Hello, "I'm going to read your suggested fanfiction tomorrow".

What time do you actually plan on discussing that fanfiction tomorrow, anyway?

How will we find each other?

This game has to have been funded by a Conservative think-tank somewhere as a way to make liberals look cringy and stupid.

Hi. I'm "I'm going to read it tonight".

So I have some classes at twelve, so I will probably be here in the morning, but I'm groggy as heck and never type much in the mornings. Then I'll be back at around six, presumably. That's in roughly seventeen hours.

We always find each other anyway. (Meet at the tree fort of the afterlife in case we don't make it.)

It's by idealistic French artists, with a naive style of dialogue-writing.

Certain Cloe politics, for example, are just plain bad character building.

Right, you're reading it tonight, discussing tomorrow.

That'll be around 17:00, tomorrow, for me.

I truly do think I'm in love with you, user.

A love-hate kind of thing, yeah?

Anyway, I'm off to sleep. See you then!

No, just a fondness, I suppose.

I'm so lonely.

Indeed.

Why is Victoria being mean to Kate? :(

Well, I've seen people come and go this place; I'm fond of everybody that sticks around just for that alone. But I dare say some I am fonder of than others, and you certainly are special.

I am furiously blushing.

With fury.

Thank you.

That is all.

Would Max take self defense classes after being kidnapped by Jeffershit?

Sure. Good way to stay safe, stay in shape, and have fun. Same for Chloe too.
They could also have David teach them how to shoot or at the least proper safety.

Chloe never turns the charm off

That's not good.
We've established that Max's cuteness can physically harm Chloe and Chloe's awesomeness can harm Max.

As nice as it was to see David get redemption, I wish Chloe saved Max from the Dark Room. Or both David and Chloe teamed up.
Chloe dying again in episode 4 didn't shock me at all since I knew it was just another thing Max was going to correct.

Lisa! Lisa, where are you?

Lisa can't come out to play right now. She's having dinner.

Okay. Just be careful not to drown her.

"Serenade me, Max! Woo me with your voice."

Max can barely play 2 chords!

She can play way more than that!

Max is a good person that deserves a lond and happy life

>Max is a good person
I disagree. :)

You're right, she's not good.
She's a wonderful person.

Chloe is #1

Chloe's truck is a great resource.
They can drive in it, store stuff, sleep in the bed or the seat, listen to the radio, take shelter from rain, or make a pool by putting a tarp in the bed and filling it with water. It even survived a massive storm.
The Beast is a more than worthy vessel for the two pirates.

She is too! Max is a very good other mommy.

>This message brought to you by Max Caulfield

Night /lesg/

Good night, user

Good times. Stuff like this and speculating about Episode 5.
I miss it.

One of my posts got screencapped, neat

There's no way these threads will last another year until Season 2's release. Only options are to try to push on until Vampyr and then be /dndg/ (DONTNOD General) or go as long as we can, fade away, and then reconvene /lisg/ as Season 2 begins ~2018.
Even though things have slowed down, I hope we keep going but do not just become an image dump.

I'm not so sure about that. I was positive the general would be dead 2 months after Episode 5's release. Yet here we still are in June.

I'm surprised too, but happy. Maybe more people will discover LiS over time.

Few things have made me tear up:
the last airbender
this youtube.com/watch?v=MnA4u9CaK7A
some musical compositions
and the non-storm ending of LiS

The parts of the game that got me to tear up were both in episode 4; when Chloe asks you to help her die (Which confirmed the fears I got after looking around the house) and finding Rachel. I watched the ending where Chloe dies on YouTube and couldn't even get sad, it just aggravated me how contrived it was and how much more effort was put into it to try to give some "meaning".
Not many movies have made me actually cry, but a few episodes of Futurama get me.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!) (thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's Chloe just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget