/twg/ - Total War General

Lazy Shits Edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699310314
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=690580791
geforce.com/whats-new/articles/mirrors-edge-catalyst-and-geforce-gtx-1070-game-ready-driver-released
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ahhh Altdorf… the eternal city

SUMMON

Any reason to use pistoleers?

crazy battle holy shit.

HAPPENING STATUS: NOW

Mousillon ONLY reskin now out
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699310314

go hard or go home lads

great work senpai

it's going to be a blast when Bretonnia will be playable

THIS MEME DOES NOT HAVE MY CONSENT

>MilkandCookiestotalwar
Already seen most if not all his CoW visa :(

>1 FPS

KINO
I
N
O

annoying your opponent in multiplayer

I don't get it which one of your mods should I download to have moussilon and just moussilon reskinned?

whats the point of using slayers? You'll just have to recruit them again

>Play anybody other than Empire
>Stomp around effortlessly, basically autopiloting around even on VH difficulty until it gets boring and I quit.

please tell me this isn't your normal army composition but confederation leftovers hastily thrown together to combat chaos

Posting faction stuff again give me some (You)s

>first time total war player detected

you need light cav to run down routing infantry
they are also good at cheesing the ai since they'll chase them with an orc warboss or whatever

I had recently confederated, it was one of the confederated factions armies. I didn't think i'd win desu those cannons were super handy.

the one I just released user. as it says in its description.

cheers user

Lizardmen Con is lack of any tech.

>visa
*videos

WHEN

>all those neatly organised factions
>now we have this for order alone

see

some of em are unfinished, i simply found em on Veeky Forums

>running down infantry with light cav
have you even played the game ? they do next to nothing in melee , even against routing units

Rollan!

here we see what i believe will be the main mechanic of the woodelves, their goal is like the vamps to spread their "corruption" by growing trees all over the place and ambushing the shit out of others

Fuck man, I had taken Mousillon out a couple dozen turns ago, and just had an great war with Estalia. Now I'm going to have to restart just to see your work

haha, well user
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=690580791

that isn't mine but it unlocks Mousillon for custom battles. go hard

ok how do I get a cav line to charge in formation without arrow-heading one target?

I know that you group them then alt click through the enemy, but when I do that they dont charge, they just run at the same pace towards the enemy, they dont do the jump and pounce at the last moment thing

pls send help.

nice work modder kun

If you put them in a group (G hotkey) and right click the enemy line, they will logically charge what ever is in front of them.

Put them in a group then click the lock symbol then right click the enemy.

Thanks senpaitachi

Hold down control when pressing g to form a group. This will lock them in formation and cause an attack-move command when you tell them to attack. Do note you need to select the entire group and attack for this to work.

Thanks famalamadingdong

You dont have to click the lock symbol, just CTRL + G

>Dark elves

>Pros

>Cons

The fuck kind of list is this?

You need to tell them to keep running if you just want to run them down other wise they will just stop and attack.

Note this only works if their charge manages to knock the enemy unit on their arses.

It's always 1fps on loading screens man, have you never noticed that before?

How noob friendly is this game? I want to get into a good strategy game, and while I don't want to be overwhelmed, I want a lot of content and mechanics.

Do you think they will implement the double rank attack for the high elves?

takes a few hours to get your head around the campaign. battles are easy to learn

You will need around 2-3 restarts to have it figured out.

>tfw fighting this army
>with no cav
ANOTHER GRUDGE FOR THE DAMMAZ KRON

If you have patience and actually try to read and remember what the adviser says, you'll do fine.

I think the most important thing to learn is that battles actually require you to put your army into formations and that the battles are kinda 'realistic' in the sense of friendly fire is a thing, so try not to have your archers fire into the back of your own men and such.

poor little white boy

>I want a lot of content

Better play Rome 2, or Attila for that. Warhammer is really lacking at the moment.

>Fighting Marienburg as Empire.
>Their full stack is 60% just fucking pistoliers because Marienburg are FAGGOTS.
>Lay an ambush on them and most of the pistoliers still survive despite having surrounded them and put all my ranged unit to focus fire on them because pistoliers are FAGGOTS.
>End up wasting my fucking time and I lose more units that I should have because those FAGGOTS won't stop being annoying fucktards.
>Still manage to defeat stack, but have to retreat for a bit to recover my casualties.
>Same turn another Marienburg stack comes down and sieges me while I'm recovering.
>12 units of FAGGOT pistoliers.

Fuck you Marienburg and fuck everyone who uses pistoliers, it's not even a good tactic it's just annoying as fuck and doesn't even let me autoresolve the battle.

Don't listen to any memers who tell you to play Rome 2

This game is designed to bring in new players and has a very low skill ceiling. You just make an army, go fight, right click their guys, and watch the action. The only thing you need to think about is balancing your income with your armies and diplomatic situation.

Just take the town and let them rot in attrition.

> how do you want your mod feedback senpai?

> just fuck my shit up

oh jesus

What happens if they run out of pages in the book of Grudges?

Jesus fuck

Johnny Cash the duelist strikes again

no modding or cheating was involved in the result, just the fire ring bug again

Oh fantasyfags...

whats with the random java script shit

Bad English I guess

I saw you post this days ago and was able to try it out, that doesn't happen with the fire ring in my game. Definitely a bug from a mod you mod scummer.

yes just forget about army placement, army composition, agent spam, town building composition, tall vs short expansion

>modding is bad
go home EA
or maybe you were not lucky enough, it only happened twice to me

geforce.com/whats-new/articles/mirrors-edge-catalyst-and-geforce-gtx-1070-game-ready-driver-released

>And with regards to Total War: Warhammer, the new GeForce Game Ready 368.39 WHQL drivers introduce several changes ahead of a game update. For further details please stay tuned to Creative Assembly's social media channels.

What did they mean by this?

corruption management, public order, settlement defence

>be CA
>factions have multiple liege lords
>don't give them multiple starts and starting positions, just give them one starting position in one area

I'm guessing that in the long run "Empire nations" "Dwarf nations" "Greenskin tribes" and "Undead factions" will be different DLCs for things like Mousillon

Exactly, that is part of the fun of the game, none of that shit matters. I've been massing spearmen and invading everyone while still having enough money to build my settlement main buildings when the growth triggers.

>some of those factions have less than 5 models

I'm guessing it's because "Order" counts as one big team on the tabletop so you can mix and match whatever factions you want

>be GW
>don't release "collectors edition" models of WHFB miniatures for people to "discover the models"

It's like they hate money

then you are playing on easy and if you say otherwise you are lying

Nah probably just abusing autocalc

>rock throwers will wipe out your whole army

That wouldn't actually happen would it?

Nah I'm playing on hard. Why is the game suppose to be super hard? Am I just some kind of gaming genius?

>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699310314
Sorry for being late to the party here, so with this mod, should I unsub from your other mods (mousillon vampire counts reskin and mousillon zombie reskins)?

Cheers mate!

Because you can't win battles with just spearmen unless you do nothing but autocalculate everything, you can show battle stats to prove you win with spearmen

>I'm guessing it's because "Order" counts as one big team on the tabletop so you can mix and match whatever factions you want
even better user there are no more factions just talk to your opponent bring what you want :^)
i'm not kidding this is actually the rule now

Just get the honest steel skill and they shred. Dummy.

You can also get recruit them at rank 5+ in provinces with woodworkers.

GW has hated money for over a decade, their new CEO is bro though and is working on making Warhammer Great Again.

The problem is Age of Sigmar already happened. You can't abandon it too early or it'll shake consumer confidence in your product, you can't support it too much because it's a huge fucking flop. You just have to drag it along for a few years then kill it off and never mention it again

Like the Xbox One

Why even have factions then?

>chaos demons of sigmar!

Doesn't the honest steel thingy only affect units in the lords aura?

>play a 3v3 mp battle with randoms
>enemy team has aprox 15 units of artillery
>they all focus my army

No.

Should have brought bats. The added bonus is the make your enemy drop frames giving you a tactical advantage.

Nope, any spearmen, swordsmen and halberds in the same army as him get +12 attack and defense.

Warhammer a good place to jump in if you've never played Total War? I'm penniless currently so I can't exactly play any time soon but I'm still curious.

>their new CEO is bro though

yeah, deleting Bretonnia and Tomb Kings, alongside any major characters, was pretty bro-tier

It's as good as any TW

Well, maybe not Empire

Yes, it is the best total war out of the newer gen ones. Med2 and the first rome are good but have aged.

Around what turn should I invest in another General as Chaos? I've got 80,000 banked right now on turn 20.

I thought this game had Zombie Dragons and Chaos Dragons? How do I unlock those?

That's Age of Sigmar's fault, not his. Literally nothing from AOS is selling, and Bretts and TK were already undersold in terms of fantasy so they were cut. Honestly it's better to die than live on in Age of Sigmar

Betrayal at Calth, a single fucking box made GW more money than the entire line of Age of Sigmar.

Generic chaos lords can get dragon mounts. It takes for fuckin ever tho

That was the last CEO, Age of Sigmar and the murder of Bretts and Tomb Kings was his last act as CEO.

>be Orcs
>Lootan', thumpan 'eads, and gettin' the boyz together.
>Starting to launch raids and WAAAAAGHs! into 'umie landz.
>Chaos Boyz show up an' think they're gun' stomp us and the 'umies into bitz.
>All the remaining 'umies and Stuntiez ally themselves as the gits of """""""""civuluhzationz"""""""""""

>10 full stacks from the rainbow 'umie and stuntie alliance start stompin' and krumpin' me boyz in the Badlands
>Chaos Boyz havin' a field day.

oh zog it