/acg/ - Armored Core General: You Faggots Can Make The Thread Too Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Have a bump before class.

Bump.

The fuck WG never lost an arm.

bump.

I just finished ACV's main story. Was this another poorly translated mess like AC4? I still trying to piece together what happened.

>MC is a Corporation shill and BTFOs the resistance and helps murder their leader
>MC is apparently one of Chief's rookies or something
>MC randomly defects and joins the resistance
>resistance fighters do resistance things together
>random side chapter where MC goes on a killing spree in the wastelands and murders a bunch of Terminators for no real reason
>resistance doesn't even actually find anything useful in the wasteland, the entire scavenging subplot is dropped entirely
>resistance goes back to doing resistance things
>RD is kill (but not really)
>Corporation betrays Father for no reason
>the resistance didn't take into account the idea that the Corporation might not vanish into thin air upon Father's dead/capture, suddenly the resistance's entire plan is a failure
>oh, and RD is randomly a Newtype genius and is back to kill you
>but not really, he's actually a jobber
>kill Chief a few more times
>game randomly ends with no closure whatsoever
>?????

Did I miss anything?

Bump.

Bump.

I don't think so, that's pretty much all of V's main line. Now proceed to the side missions and fight the Zodiacs.

The best closure you will get will be with the side story, look OP for more.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Well, just ordered Gundam Breaker 3, hopefully it's as fun to play as it looks like. At the very least I'll get 30 hours out of it just tooling around and building mobile suits.

It isn't missing an arm in the picture.
I think we're supposed to imply the player character is butthurt about getting shown up by Chief and decides sweet loli poon trumps douchebag aliens.
There was something they were looking for in the polluted area. I think it was weapons?
The Corporation sees it can get two birds with one stone and eliminates a good chunk of its problems in one fell swoop.
But you pretty much got it.

It's good that you're able to change the colors of parts to match others, because if I remember correctly building a decent collection of parts takes longer than one would expect.

If there comes a time that I'll play gundam breaker, I'll only recreate the Huckebein MK3.

Yea the color options are nice. I watched some gameplay on youtube and I'm happy to see that there's camo pattern options, something that I feel is often bizarrely absent in the various Gundam shows.

Not surprised it takes a long time to build up a parts selection. There's something like 150 MS units available. That's a fuckton of bits to collect. At least they brought Wing/Endless Waltz in though.

>turning White Glint into a pony

GOING TOO FAR AHAB

I didn't have the OP copy paste available to me. Sorry Ahab

nump

Good day bump

survive

Bump for Messer. Fucking Ahab

Does that turn you on?

Forgot who I was

>2016 Penny still is complaining about ponies
Of course he's turned on by them otherwise why all his rage of not enough AC ponies.

>It isn't missing an arm in the picture.

Look closer, the arm is basically hanging by a couple of cables.

The MC is similar to the Chief, and didn't like being shown up, so he decides "screw it, I'll show them how important I am" so he turns to the resistance.

Chief is kinda like robo-kefka, so betraying Father wasn't out of the ordinary.

>robo-kefka
No, Chief is nothing like Kefka.

How is chief like kefka

Speak

we will miss you edgelord, messer. ;_;

Good ridance.

desu thou, never liked the guy from the start. Edgelord deserves getting NTR'd by his own cap and being edgy to death

Relax, boyo. The picture is older than your disease.
I'm pretty sure.
They both laugh like maniacs.
I wanted to scream, but I didn't because it was 1:30 in the morning and there were other people in the house.
But man, that scene was really brutal.
Hey now, that level of PTSD and rage makes him just as much of a Vagrant Gun as any one of us. And the last two episodes showed us that he's really not that bad of a guy, he's just a jerk because he doesn't want the nuggets to get dunked.
But at least the way is clear for Red and best guy.

>sounds like he's having a gay old time when he genocides everyone
>constantly fights against obvious lesbians (Rosary/Terra)
>overthrows the leader of his faction (Father/Gestahl)
>fight him muliple times, him getting stronger each time

/served

thats pretty standard stuff for your common villian.

>constantly fights against obvious lesbians (Rosary/Terra)
I think is usually Fran the one getting in the verbal fights.

Fran is confirmed not lesbian, though.

Isnt Rosary too? Wasnt she in love with Leon and I understand that there is people in the high command of Sirius with her Family name.

Probably. I also seem to recall that Terra was pretty hungry but lost to best girl.

Terra was more the type of "looking for love of anykind" with all her stuff of having her emotion supressed since being a baby and being just a living weapon for the empire, and settle with being the mother figure of a small town full of orphans

STOP TEARING HOLES IN MY HEADCANON

>Headcanon

Ok, everyone share your own headcanon about the games.

BEGONE PAGE 10! THE RAVENS SHALL NEVER FALL

Shamir RaviRavi is Strayed's loving, but dominant mistress.

The routes of FA happened in a combined fashion. Strayed fought on WGs side, then joined ORCA. He was about to take the last Arteria, where he was betrayed by Otzdarva/Thermidor and driven off, yet escaped with his life. He then takes up Oldking on his offer and destroys Cradle 03, resulting in him fighting at Carpals and committing Genocide, destroying all Arteria facilities, clearing the Assault Cells, and then killing himself after sending a message to Fiona Jarnefeldt and the remnants of Line Ark that all major LYNX have met their demise. She uses her remaining military assets to ensure that nobody gets a hand on any Kojima tech, an easy task afer Strayed literally wiped out all of the corporations and the entire elite together with the cradles.
The remaining people on the surface struggle to survive for ages, and eventually the Kojima pollution fades.
Countless lifetimes come to pass, yadda yadda, Verdict Day happens.

Oh yeah. Line Ark were also the ones to seal the entire Kojima tech into the towers as their destruction would have taken even longer than the hundreds of years that collecting them took. Remember the towers used to be underground structures, which makes a lot more sense to store shit in.

I tried playing Verdict Day but I only got about three missions in before I quit. I just couldn't fucking see shit on the screen. So many HUD items and shit was just muddy in general.

I really liked the controls and general feel of the AC's but the fact that I was just shooting shit at a lock-on box was not too fun. Am I doing something wrong aside from not having a fuckhueg TV?

Not entirely sure what your problem is here. There's a few maps where a ton of sand is flying around I guess, but you can generally see most stuff pretty decent. Then again my TV is pretty large. I'd suggest upping brightness. I also don't see your problem with the HUD. It's just a circle. If you dislike it you can turn it off in options. Or do you mean scan mode? In that case I also don't see your problem. The only convoluted thing is the stats that show up when you scan a thing, and those aren't that important for story mostly. Just look at defense values. In general you can easily tell what kind of defenses an AC has after a while based purely on looks anyway.

Actually, are you on PS3? If so I could maybe show you some stuff and coop some missions with you.
Don't worry, I'll bring a junk AC at the start so I don't just rip the game apart before you get there and steal all the fun.

I'm playing fairly close to a 26" screen and all the hud stuff and overlays are just smashed together on top of low contrast graphics and it makes my head hurt and my heart sad.

Yes I am. I don't remember my PSN name off the bat though, lemme get back to you on that. Thanks for the offer for help

Your brain is too slow and can't handle all that information.

Not trolling just my 2 cents.

My PSN is UristMcGamer if you don't wanna give yours out here. I'll be on for a couple hours

Maybe I've been spoiled by the visual and gameplay simplicity of For Answer for too long

Noted, thanks mate. Idk exactly when I might be on- at work right now.

Honestly For Answer is way more confusing to me, but that's because I don't play it much anymore. I keep trying to enter scan mode or turn boosters on and off.

>rehashed gundam game with grey and bloom everywhere
>"visual and gameplay simplicity"

You're just reinforcing his point. Also NEXTs are more powerful than like 90% of Gundams and mobile suits.

>Also NEXTs are more powerful than like 90% of Gundams and mobile suits.

Are you serious? I mean the general gundam isnt like a super robot kind of thing? always pulling new weapons or power out of their shinny asses?

Aside from Turn A because it's just so overpowered, NEXTs are larger and faster than every Gundam (not including mobile weapons). This is also taking into account that the scale changed between 4 and FA, so NEXTs in FA are huge compared to those in 4. I support that last claim with how large they seem when standing on top of Cradles, aerial cities that hold billions of people each.

>billions
meant millions, nevertheless each one has to be the size of a small country in order to hold 20 million people each

>I support that last claim with how large they seem when standing on top of Cradles, aerial cities that hold billions of people each

Wasnt that just a mistake by FROM? You know like the part when on VD you get killed and fly around as a human with jetpack, you are bigger than normal cars.

Possibly, unless there's a way to definitively know that it should probably be assumed that the most recent installment is canon.

>three people were signed in to Vagrant Guns at the same time
Whoa dang. I never thought I'd see the day.

The ACFA XMB Screen says NEXTs are one kilometer in height. Nothing ingane supports this, not in FA and not in VD.

And then you left immediately. And for such a shitty reason too.
actually you're pretty cool

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

>You're just reinforcing his point. Also NEXTs are more powerful than like 90% of Gundams and mobile suits.

What the fuck is this guy talking about? Who gave you your license pilot?

Bump.

Hump.

that sounds weird. In most ac games your mech is about 6-7 cars high. source: that one railway mission from Silent Line.

Bump.

I wanna bully someone in FA

Nice post, very constructive

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Well, I thought I was going to get on tonight.
But then again, I also thought I wouldn't be working until 1:30 am.
That's because the NEXTs aren't a kilometer in height. The description threw me off for a long time, too, until I realized that it's a matter of poor grammar.
The 1000 meter tall machines you're battling aren't the NEXTs, they're the Arms Forts.
Yeah yeah, but you gotta pay for textbooks somehow.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Ah, that's what he referred to. I forgot what XMB meant.

Good day /acg/

good day
say hi to puchis

Puchis are made of love and unlike most of /aceg/ I love them with all my heart.

Absolutely agree, pal

bump

t. /gerg/

Refrain from doing anything degenerate to puchis' and admire from a distance, Buddy.