/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Last thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Luma 5.5 fixes issues with online play: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for O3DS only, see Plailect's guide for details

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 doesn't seem to be happening this week. Make sure to block updates anyway.

>Vita
-Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dJ7bx9PmKeg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

Is Freeshop any good yet? Better than CIAngel?

>tfw no anime in OP

Newbie here, do I need to format my 64 gig sd card for the 3ds? (I am using the Plailect guide.)

i dont know. i didnt reformat the sd card im using from my dslr. you're good. i think

I did it before i started part 1

Akari-chan mo daisuki~

Pardon my terrible nip

You need to format it as FAT32, if you already did that before then you should be good.

>tfw never ever

Guys.. freeShop keeps failing to download. I'm not sure whats going on. Tried kirby triple deluxe and majora's mask and both download for a bit then I get "fail?" in the download screen at bottom. Is the dream dead?

>freeShop
found your problem. Use FBI + titlekeys like a normal person.

>someone posted it for me
T-Thanks

No matter what I try; my senran kagura 2 always gets stuck at the same loading screen. I've tried installing through ciangel and manually making .cias of both the eshop and cartridge version, even the Japanese version doesnt work. Restoring through the eshop doesnt fix it, leading me to the conclusion that something's wrong with my system, and not with the installation. Any tips? I'm on arm9loaderhax 11.0 cfw

what cfw

It worked for me for a day (downloaded awakening, fates, some other titles) just today its acting up. Guess I'll give that a try.

Does someone have a guide for Cosmo3DS? I want to test something on it but there aren't directions for it. Unless all I had to do was swap the arm9loaderhax.bin file after I did the region swap

What is the cute pixel are at the bottom. I looked up pxz and it's nothing like the pictures shown..

luma3ds

It's pretty much CIAngel with a nice interface

does it get stuck at the initial loading screen or at some loading screen in the game? if the latters, and if you're on n3ds, turn off the n3ds cpu options in Luma settings.

---------------------------------------------
Shitty Idea for better load times
---------------------------------------------
Steps:
1-Self Host Hacks
2-Blocked Wii U by MAC on router
3-Enable Quick start
4-Start browser from quick start

Is this idea too retarded? Just came up with it

ZTD leak when

I have a question about fates

is the dlc uncensored?

That actually fixed it. Thanks a lot! How did you know that? Is it common for the n3ds cpu options to cause problems?

Tried FBI to get majora's mask off titlekeys and this is what I get

>Fail to install CDN title
>Result code: 0xD8A0A048
>Level: Permanent (27)
>Summary: Invalid state (5)
>Module: HTTP (40)
>Desc: (72)

help?

Well, I just finished installing my CFW, and now FBI is missing. Health and Safety is just Health and Safety. Any advice?

there's like two games that have problems with the n3DS cpu enhancements, can't remember the second one.

copy redNAND to sysNAND
if you've already deleted it, reinject FBI.

try again at night

lol :D

Was able to do reinject FBI with Hourglass9. Thanks regardless.

DAMN, THAT'S SOME FRESH BREAD

no problem Kitlith, good luck on your n3DS

>it's real

Just have to wait until an 11.0 exploit is found. But I've been patient so far for freakyhax to be found, I can wait a lot longer, especially with my hacked 3ds.

some fag called the best senran hibari shit
well guy i want you to know that youre a fag

Okay so the guide says nothing about >rxtools and I need some pointers here

What I'm trying to do here is install GBA .cia files to my SysNAND so I can play them on my EmuNAND since they're unlinked, but the latest version of RxTools refuses to both inject FBI into H&S and boot into patched SysNAND

To add some salt to the injury the latest version of RxTools requires some files which just poofed from the face of the internet and are NOT on the "must have" files on the pastebin, so I can't even boot the damn thing to inject FBI and boot into pasta

tl;dr wanna install GBA stuff to sysnand and retroarch is dogshit. what do

use Luma

So Clock, L2 or Clock+L2?

Luma

Clock+L2, none if you get crashes in some games.

theres a reason that nobody here uses rxtools
it's shit

Can it load into Sysnand to install unsigned CIA files? I always used cakes and kept rxtools around in case I wanted GBA stuff so I never even bothered with luma

I'm on 9.2 sys / 11.0 emu

hibari is just too deep for him

at first, you think she is a worthless retarded moeblob

then you learn the truth

That happens at peak hours? well I tried downloading ocarina and it worked. I'm not sure if something is wrong with majora's mask or what

yozakura best senran anyway, don't get your panties in a bunch

>cakes
install a9lh and run Luma on sysnand

Are you on the latest FBI?

It's custom sysnand. Doesn't need to fuck with all that, just install the .cia

Try reading sometime

damn fuckin straight
yozakura a shit! SHIT! hibari is pure! too pure for you!

I really don't wanna take the risk of going through a9lh since I'm on an N3DS and already almost got a softbrick because of a mid-downgrade error

Again, I never even bothered to look up luma so I wouldn't know. Try reading sometimes

if you're already on 9.2 there's pretty much zero risk unless you fuck up

don't be a pussy

>at first, you think she is a worthless retarded moeblob
>
>then you learn the truth that she is worthless
FTFY.
Hibari a shit!
SHIT!

Yep on latest.

Well the github tutorial says I gotta downgrade to 2.1 so I'm pretty sure there's a risk on N3DS

Okay /hbg/ I need to retard proof myself before I tell OTPHelper to copy the downgraded emunand to sysnand. I have a N3DS. Do I have to do "Unbrick FW 2.1 EmuNAND" first or does "One Click Setup" do that for me (or is it even needed at all?)

Don't want a hot brick here. Once I'm past this I'll be A-OK.

you have much to learn, young one

How can i hack my 3ds to get playable frames while playing MHX? ;_;

not really, the downgrade happens completely in emuNAND, and gets fixed and checked before transferring it to sysNAND.

Dude just follow the guide

link?

Alright, fine, but where do I pick up from the Pailect guide? Do I have to go back through part 3 (RedNAND) or just skip to part 4 right away? (downgrading to 2.1)

I really hope, you don't mean from Hibari. Because I don't want to learn how to be shittier.

Did you disable the stereoscopic 3D? If not, do that. It'll make it run a little bit better. If you already have done that, then you will have to bear it as there is no way to improve it.

>Open OTPHelper
>Select "One Click Setup" and confirm
>Cross your fingers
Guess it's just One Click Setup then. I'm scared please hold me.

how to not have shit taste

if you already have a rednand you can start with part 4, make sure to backup your rednand beforehand though

Am I fucked?

OTPhelper's one-step setup. I had DSiWare on the console ages ago, but it's been formatted twice before starting all of this.

Then it'd be impossible to learn from Hibari. Or anyone who likes her.
Daidouji is a better Hanzo and Senran in every literally regard.
Dance Fever is such a great track.

no
don't touch anything

I'm asking for help regarding Part 1 of Plailect's guide, I have a 2ds that came with a 6.0.0-7U(rough estimate, the last digit was over 6 so I upgraded to 9.2.0-20U correctly..or so I believe), have followed every step to the tee up until the browserhax exploit. Once I'm on the exploit site, a slider appears in the top left corner of the page, I click to the furthest right possible and a yellow screen will appear. It will go through many colors and a menu will appear for a split second before the bottom screen turns red. After which I am unable to do anything but power down the 2ds and keep repeating the steps. I'm aware it is supposed to take awhile but I can't help but feel that perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've been having this issue for the past 2 days now. I've followed the directions exactly, did many searches and tried alternate "fixes", and all to no avail.

Alright. Says here Secureinfo_A should be the same in both EmuNAND and SysNAND but that shit wasn't ever mentioned anywhere else. Where can I check that?

red means you don't have to boot file from the starter kit on the root of your sd card
>fucking up the first step

If you didn't change the region of your emunand then it isn't relevant.

Whats a good app for stuff like taking screenshots?

I think he meant the picture.
;_;

If you don't know what it is, you most likely haven't changed it.

How do I access the latest eShop if I'm only on 9.2.0? No RedNAND but I'm really hesitant at this point to continue to Pt.3 and beyond.

lel

I've downloaded Curtain Call using freeShop twice and it freezes/crashes when saving after the first quest mission, finding out ext data had been corrupted after restarting.
Should an eShop fix take care of it?

>Daidouji

Well, time to backup my EmuNAND and sink in around 3 more hours of work just to play GBA games and boot slightly faster

Pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=dJ7bx9PmKeg

>that revised queue system
>that banner
>closing the app still keeps download progress when you go back

neat as fuck

I'm the guy who was shitposting about freeShop the last couple threads, this thing actually looks pretty nice now. Can't wait to see it when it's done.

>sample

wow, I really am going to screw myself on this huh? Thanks though.

HOLY FUCK

THE DREAM

did he ever explain why some games have X icons on them?

it looks jarring as fuck

you won't be a9lh masterrace until you've baptised yourself in a river of sweat

>>closing the app still keeps download progress when you go back
oh wow thats actually cool as shit

For an n3DS what shit do I want to enable in luma's config menu the first time around?

(No arm9 for currently, doing that in a couple weeks when I have a spare day to cock around with the thing.)

the freeshop will eventually be better than the eshop

and nintendo will an hero

>Um novo software foi adicionado ao menu HOME

Is...is this guy a BR? Is that a legit BR doing something relevant? Hot damn

>Verifying copy
I'M GONNA NEED TO HYDRATE AFTER THIS

Im on part 4 on the github guide and Im having trouble with the Universal Inject Generator part, it says to use the terminal but I just get errors. Im using a mac to do this and don't have access to a windows. I looked at related threads on gbatemp, one of them had a download link to a fbi_inject_with_banner.app and I though id try it so i put it in my 3DS and then continued the next steps. After a few more steps I wasn't getting the same results the guide was telling me I should have and before going any further I wanted to fix the UIG step. I don't want to figure out how to do bootcamp or wine just for this 3DS thing either, is there a way to do this step on mac? (steps 11-24 part 4 on the plailect guide)

he's white. He said he knows Portuguese though

you get RedNAND and do it there. Part 3 is painless, it's 4 that people have nightmares about

I'm on 9.2 minipasta. How do I play online without updating?