>/dsg/ Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral
>Draw
doodleordie.com/r/darksouls
imgur.com/a/XhBxC (DeS)
collageanon.imgur.com/
flockmod.com/dsg

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4msdma/update_app_version_105_reg_version_108_friday/
strawpoll.me/10405830
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Beat Dark Souls 3
>Want to play more Dark Souls
>Have conflicting feelings about jumping into New Game Plus, but also have conflicting feelings about starting from scratch with a new character
This is a bad feel.

Xth for black knight weapons

luci pls die

thanks

blow your brains out

then you can finally meet up with your parents you worthless sack of shit

Ignore this thread, Tripfag made it with his tripcode again.

Do your part and use the other thread.

>worse than lucifer
I doubt you have true experience with Lucifer then

based from made them great again

nice work lucifer

Why is the character limit so small if NPCs can have gigantic names?

and they are nerfing them to shit again

bkga is already ruined

>get decent at Nameless King bird phase
>get wrecked by the King
>get frustrated and killed by chicken
i will never git gud

>Holy Knight Hodrick, which also would be censored
>Sirris of the Sunless realms
>Knight Slayer Tsorig, which also would be censored
>Lion Knight Albert, I think
>Londor Pale Shade, I think
>Calculator of the great swamp
There's so few NPCs with phantom versions that have fitting names

because japan

I was also somewhat worried about starting NG+, but it is so jokingly easy that you'll have a relaxed fun ride without having to worry about collecting stuff. Not having some zones is also no problem since you can literally get it done with in not even half or possibly a quarter of your NG time.

>tfw didn't fall for the "Sorcery is shit" meme and made a mage
>mfw sorcery is still getting buffed

What a time to be alive /dsg/

use this thread and let luci eat shit

What is a fun weapon with no boring moveset?

Don't forget
>Yellow***** Heysel

So I'm testing weapons on my first run to decide what to use
Why the fuck does the Astora Straight Sword feels stronger than Red Hilted Halberd?

This always seems to happen. Str weapons start out great, but by the end of the game's life, From has completely nerfed them to shit, and only Dex weapons are viable. BB is the only game that seems immune to this.

>whenever I make a fashion set I like I always end up switching back to Alva's set
I can't help myself

It's just so nice

Not to mention the bleed resist is really high for some reason

>K***ht Solaire

Thread wars are against the rules. The thread will most likely just end up getting deleted anyway, so why waste time posting in it?

if they weren't busy with das3, bb str weapons might have gotten more attention and met the same fate

>adjusted casting speed, stamina consumption, cancel timing of some Spells.
All my hopes.

So I started Edgeborne recently, if there's any players ITT will the Saw Cleaver and Hunter's Blunderbuss be solid and usable event at endgame?

I want to be as emulatory of the posterboy as I can, I already have the set and the weapons but I don't want to set myself up for failure

Why are people so mad with the FP changes? It's not like the weapons are getting a smaller moveset than the other games. Unless you count power stance.

Don't know. STR seems pretty okay. FUGS 1shot was OP

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4msdma/update_app_version_105_reg_version_108_friday/

For those that are unaware:

tl;dr
Simple Caestus no longer viable
NPC invincible summons removed
Magic stamina reduction
Weapon nerfs.

Every weapon is usable to the end, just like usual. Though the threaded cane is ass until endgame and I have no idea why it's a starting weapon.

Because even if you DO use weapon arts warrior was the best starting class

Knight being the best class will be standard again because warriors can't have low as hell FP and still use their weapon arts once or twice

thats the fault of the hornet ring, which should not even fucking exist

of course they dont touch that though because memezaki is obsessed with it for some reason

>Simple Caestus no longer viable
they ARE viable, just not broken

Why'd you copy paste my post from the real thread?

I'm annoyed because it make's morne's hammer 100% not worth the investment when you could just use smough's or something with less str and less fth by a lot
even investing in ATT for a cleric type setup you only get 2 WoGs out of it reasonably

So I'm testing weapons on my first run to decide what to use
Why the fuck does the Astora Straight Sword feels stronger than Red Hilted Halberd?

I guess the problem is that there wasn't really another candidate to be the starting Skill weapon.

But pre patch FUGS 2 hits combo kills everyone. Not hornet swapshot

because it is

hornet ring is fine

Luci, fuck off.

fashion

That actually does sound pretty relaxing.

>Asking something is a luci behavior
Fucking wow what did that retard do to you, /dsg/

Is there an FC going on?

Thank goodness for small favors, I guess.

Which weapon should i use for fun and still be viable in pvp

literally my only option post homosword nerf and twinblades nerf is dual kats/gotthard/hollowslayer (i like the 2handed r1)

i don't want to be cancer but from really don't like fun

--- NEW SL META POLL ---

PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR PREFERRED META LEVEL IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

strawpoll.me/10405830
strawpoll.me/10405830
strawpoll.me/10405830
strawpoll.me/10405830
strawpoll.me/10405830

OPTIONS HAVE BEEN LIMITED TO 80, 100, AND 120 SINCE THESE WERE THE TOP 3 CHOICES IN EVERY PREVIOUS POLL

IF YOUR PREFERRED LEVEL ISN'T LISTED, PLEASE CHOOSE THE CLOSEST AVAILABLE OPTION

I think the issue now is that, it went from being OP to unused. The problem isn't that From nerf's shit. It's that they nuke it. They don't understand the concept of slight nerfs.

Use hollowslayer, (or flamberge?) the other 2 are lame.

Do any other covenants get rewards from co-op, or is it only the Warriors of Sunlight?

Reminder to rev up your DaS1 twink and practice your backstab fishing for the Reddit event this weekend!

It is. There is even a ring basically to counter it. The only time it is an issue is in FCs, where it should be banned. One shots, or close to it, are not fun in 1v1 no healing duels, but they are in random invasions.

What is wrong with dual kats? i know gotthard is kinda cancer because the rolling L1 (other moveset is really cool desu senpai) but why dual kats?

Is it even possible to make a viable BKGA build with armor and poise at lv80?

>WAHHHHHHHH I ACTUALLY HAVE TO USE ASHEN ESTUS NOW

>use ultra greatswords
>if the enemy player is lagging they can get free backstabs on you
>even when you're facing and currently attacking them
Still love them though

>armor and poise
>doing anything in DaS3

How about you don't ask me to reinstall old and busted game ever again?
Yeah let's just do that.

I really want someone to upload a savefile with a twinked out character. All anyone would need to do is change the name on the character and then let the invading begin.

You know, I might just do this just because I'd like to do another run through Dark Souls

Post Webms

I don't like lmao2kat on principle but I have an unnatural fear of katanas so don't listen to me
I don't think it has any particularly cancerous moves though

You should check how the poise works. It's hyperarmor during attacks, not free immunity.

it has been debunked, you just need to have more than 0 poise for hyperarmor to work
I wasn't ironic and agree with what you said

Yes, it is, but you will be extremely gimped versus people that min-max a 40/40 build at level 80. At level 120, you would be able to do it while still being viable.

Hell, at level 120 you can do a fast rolling Havel Cosplay, including the shield.

>It's hyperarmor during attacks
No it isn't, at least not in a way that any amount of poise beyond 0.1 matters, and it only gives hyper armor on a few weapon arts, not normal attacks.

Having any poise at all, even 0.1, causes a few attacks to gain hyper armor. The vast majority of R2 and even L2 attacks are not affected by this, and it doesn't matter how much poise you have as long as it's not absolutely 0.

Heavey armor and poise are still 99% worthless. As long as you're not naked, it doesn't matter aside from absorption.

So 80 is too low and 120 is too retarded
I pick 100 then

How do you revert back to a previous save if you have ps+?

>I wasn't ironic and agree with what you said
My apologies, then. It's hard to tell sometimes.

>enter lothric castle for the first time in NG+++
>halfway through my fight with the red eye knight in the first room get invaded by dark spirit 'i have faith'
>he shows up the moment I kill the knight
>keeps trying to lure me into the lothric knights in front of the bonfire
>claps
>the curved sword he's holding looks familiar
>he's also holding a llewyenenwenen shield
>applauds for a second after dodging a few attacks and re-entering lothric knight hallway
>holds down for a second
>starts dual wielding sellswords
>buffs with darkmoon blade
>does the nothin personnel slow walk towards me, multiple times in the fight too
>spams the L2R2
>can't kill me in a single combo or hit me with the full combo
>chugs ashtus after performing the combo twice
>keeps spamming it, actually gets me to follow into the lothric knights
>cleric gets up and buffs the knights which also buff him (more you know)
>DMB wears off
>he visibly malfunctions
>getting the shit beat out of him by Onikiri and Ubadachi
>buffed lothric knights catch up and hit me at the same time he does, which does a hell of a lot more damage than he was doing with unbuffed twinblades
>I die
>applauds
My patience is kill

I think 120 is perfect, but 100 is also respectable. The people that wanted level 80 should have teamed up with the people that wanted level 100 if they wanted beat out 120. They were just too delusional and though that they were the majority for some reason

the people at 80 are just annoyed by 100 being able to match with 120 so they're 'outclassed'
I'm at 99 and I don't really invade so I don't worry about the upwards range and even against 120's I don't really care anyway

Has anyone / is it possible to change the lighting in Wolnir's arena to see what it looks like?

The trick to beating those douche bags is simply having more patience than they do. You need to just absolutely refuse to follow them into enemies. They will eventually get bored and leave or come and fight you legit.

You can also backtrack and start summoning help, and that will bring them running.

Tell yourself that they are greasy neckbeard irl, it might not be true but it will make you feel better

Except you can vote for level 100, then stay just below it. That lets you invade level 100s with only a very slight disadvantage, while also avoiding the 120s.

Literally just a giant cave, nothing special, sorry user.

Man, magic feels like shit pve wise. I'm playing as a pyromancer and the king is fucking too fast.

With black puddles at the bottom tho

Is there any particular reason why the meme build is sellswords? Gotthard's has insane AR at +10 (what my upgrade level is) and can be buffed IIRC

Pyromancy is best for PvE. Have you upped your cast speed? Are you using melee weapons too? You really aren't supposed to be a pure caster as a Pyro.

I think they just happened to be what some eceleb used

Is there a single boss in this entire series that's cooler than Pontiff?
Everything about him from his over the top stance and his badass grunts to the music that plays when you fight him and his clone is just soooo cool and I really believe he's final boss material.
He really reaches out to the silly 13 year old in me.

I do but they don't do as much. I really need to play a more quality next time so i don't bitch out for help. The problem with the build was hp.

what weapons have S or A faith scaling when i infuse them with lightning gem ?
i know winged spear has S scaling but it has only 357 dmg with my 40 faith

He has the same problems that Gwyn did. He is a really tough and challenging boss until you realize you can parry him then the fight is basically done.

Astora greatsword i believe

ludwig the rape horse
pontiff is the boss in DS3

AGS I think, I think chaos infusion has an S scaling as well

Sadness covers me.

Yeah, magic builds are really hard to play in NG, because they have huge requirements. That's also why the level 80 meta doesn't really work for them.

Even more so than Gwyn, considering one parry to Pontiff usually brings him down to half his life, at least in my playthroughs.

Damn shame.

What is a +3 Boss weapon equal to in a normal weapon?

+6 i think

Weapons that only upgrade to +5 count as +2 for every upgrade IIRC

So +1 would be +2 and so on

the king 2bh

it's overused