/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 8th:
218 – Battle of Antioch: With the support of the Syrian legions, Elagabalus defeats the forces of emperor Macrinus. He flees, but is captured near Chalcedon and later executed in Cappadocia.
632 – Muhammad, Islamic prophet, dies in Medina and is succeeded by Abu Bakr who becomes the first caliph of the Rashidun Caliphate.
1042 – Edward the Confessor becomes King of England, one of the last Anglo-Saxon kings of England.
1940 – World War II: The completion of Operation Alphabet, the evacuation of Allied forces from Narvik at the end of the Norwegian Campaign.

>News
EU4 DD02/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-2nd-of-june-2016.940420/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settler_colonialism
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
steamcommunity.com/groups/gsgmp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Ignore the autist above me.

First for nicer map

Refugeepocalypse mod when? I want to kick out Merkel with a fascist coup and get some fucking lebensraum.

So if I can be quick enough and get cities in France before reinforcements from the Allies arrive I can win the war?

Why didn't anyone think of this?

Imagine the upvotes if this was reddit...

Anyone here have a download link to Veritas et Fortitudo's newest version?

>HOI 4 IS STILL NOT IN THE OP PIC

It is, blind retard.

Add me on steam for an Hoi4 game
I've blueballed a lot tonight with promises of hoi4 games hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Add me on steam to get invited to the game.
/id/HLXen

Think of what?
That's exactly what Blitzkrieg is...

DLC when

>cannot compete
goddamn /pol/ has ruined me.

You've said what is the most none reductionist answer to a problem hat you have been immensely reductionist towards. That's entirely loaded. Come back with an unloaded post and I'll consider responding seriously.

It is but some faggot decided to replace DH

The original is way better.

that's literally what happened

Blitz to Paris and they should surrender with only that

how can regular aircrafts even compete?

this isnt reddit faggot stop pretending to be an intellectual

So in HOI4, besides equipment and manpower costs, is there any reason not to just have a million divisions training in paralell? I can't tell if I'm missing something.

you won't have the military infrastructure and supply weight to support that

I'm not stupid enough to answer loaded posts m8, nothing about pretending to be an intellectual.

is /gsg/ going to have some big hoi4 game or no
please it would be cool if we all were axis members

I usually make as much as I can supply, then tone it down and put reinforcements at high priority

>playing mp
You just arrived from reddit, didn't you?

Not everything has to be complex mate. You know what the nazis wanted to do to Slavs in eastern Europe? No, not to Jews,. to Slavs. It has a name, it's called settler colonialism and it's the worst and most permanent type of colonialism since it completely changes the character of a colony for ever and it's not reversible.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settler_colonialism

And that's whats happening in Europe right now. So I think it's understandable actual Europeans might be a little bit upset at the prospect of being permanently bred off.

>not wanting to match wits with other people

What are you? a carebear that can't handle losing?

I see, that makes sense. I've been pretty badly limiting the rate at which I build new divisions, then.

no
I've been here since January
Why can't autists play mp?

multiplayer is banned here

>>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>>[V2] - unHPM v1.3.1
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>>[V2] - Robmod v2.5
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - Visegradmod v3.2
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t

>>[HOI4] - Crack (May force a Johan wallpaper during install)
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>> Updated Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

So truth is now a loaded question?

>HoI4
>needing wits
KEK.

Anyway, reddit, you should know that mp is banned because known steamgroup members inevitably spam the thread with their gay ass MP shit as a result.

not a steamgroup mp but a /gsg/ mp
is it because you pirated the game?

It appears I've started a large proxy war

>Forming the Mexican empire
>Realize the USA have every single nation in america guaranteed

That was fun while it lasted.

>a /gsg/mp
>the steamgroup is literally called /gsg/mp

can't make this shit up. fuck off back to your gay group.

Don't mind it, it will be alright as long as no one comes back to circlejerk

MEMES

You will not find a single serious source of study on settler colonialism call the migrant crisis settler colonialism, it lacks a defining feature in that many or most of them have no intention of staying permanently, they have no single culture so they can't just override it, and many many other flaws.

You're either far too afraid, or you're seriously trying to make other people scared.

It's not even a group retard, it's just a bunch of people using the same crack.

You act like there's any difference between that and spamming to waggle your willy at this point.

Any good Hoy4 mods yet?

>it's not even a group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/gsgmp

I guess I was wrong. You aren't a steamgroup member, you're just another reddit spastic who's come over here to try and be edgy.

There is no difference. They're both shitposter groups.

5/10 of the top global trade nodes in the early 17th century, talk about a golden age of piracy.

I'd say this run has been a success. From now own I'll probably include the Haizei and Wokou as custom nations regardless of where I start, because they seem to make SEA much more interesting. Lanfong (Hakka merchant republic starting as a OPM on borneo) has been a disappointment, probably would only be interesting if played by a human, and even then, why would they play Chinese venice when they could be chinese pirates.

I'll post the Haizei ideas if anyone wants to slot them into their own game. Just remember to set their religion as anything in the eastern category except confucian.

Can I use my navy to bombard shit in HOI4

They're only guaranteed from countries outside the Americas. The US won't interfere until they have the Pax Americana focus.

Huh? What's edgy about multiplayer?

Depends. The new political system and the sandbox nature of the game is immensely fun. But if you're not into that, then I'd reccomend going back to HOI3 (for massive railroading) or DH for a little sandbox, but not full retard. AI, is somewhat broken. The game can be extremely easy. Other than that I have not noticed any major issues. The game definitely has potential, and can ripen into a pretty good /gsg/ with the right fixes and an overhaul mod or two

I'd reccomend it: pirate it or buy and play it (for less than two hours if you want to return it), to see if you like it or not.

Holy shit the explosion icon in the notification section are the exact same image from stellaris.

Why does paradox reuse shit so much.

So you don't deny that you came over here from reddit then? You faggots stand out like a sore thumb.

Uhhhh, Germany? y'okay there buddy?

this invasion has being going on for multiple months now and it's a stalemate of "sweden holds 3 well defensible provinces and Germany doesn't want to pull any of the hundred divisions it has on the peacetime border with the Russians."

Where do you see your justification of war? I need to see how many days I have left before it finishes

I actually noticed that paradox reused a shit ton of icons and textures from stellaris in HOI4. HOI3 and Vicky 2 also had a lot of similar icons and textures.

Where can I see the country tags? Fucking nationalist spain always loses so I'm gonna use cheats

The AI (just like everyone predicted) is completely broken. It's even worse than HOI3 in release.
>don't worry Goyim, pay $14.99 for the new AI Germany DLC, while you're at it, want to buy the major nations AI bundle for a dis punted $99.99, you'll even get a special Latin American leader portrait pack for free, valued at $2.99

there is literally nothing wrong with being a redditor

The only way to get rid of reddit is to get rid of HPM prove me wrong.

Weird. In my games Nationalist Spain almost always wins, even without me bothering with it

why can't other paradox games have pops and economy?

>worse than hoi 3 at release
>paradox charging for an AI upgrade

I think you've let the memes pollute your brain friend.

Man Kaiser Willy was handsome. I'd open my lederhosen for his bavarian sausage, if you know what I mean.

diplomatic screen for your cunt
or at the top right, there's an (!) that'll bring up closed pop-ups; if you have a justification, it should be there

Hmm... Really Makes you think...

That's so ugly it sort of looks pretty. But what did you do to get most of Asia in a war.

>this is what greeks actually believed

Send volunteers you retard. If republican spain wins it'll be because Stalin carries their asses. Only time I saw republican spain win was when the war triggered quite late on and Stalin sent tanks.

Too much work and it scares the lowest common denominator

>play as Yapan
>no matter what you get ganged on by the whole world
>chinese supply is shit no matter what so you get bogged down
welp no more yapan

Communist China joined the Commintern when I dec'd them. Then I just decided to dec England and Netherlands because my War Goal for them was running out.

He's is handsome.

I like Tzar Nicky better.

If you look on the diplomacy tab, when you hover over the bullseye on the left it'll tell you when it'll be done
HOI4 kinda has pops

Fuck off arumba.gif

Too many pixels.

Because those games aren't about the things that Vicky is so it'd be pointless computation that would only make the games work less well.

Added complexity doesn't always mean better, it usually means worse because after a point things just take away from other things.

No it doesn't

How about young Stalin? notemaynotbestalinatallbutinsteadapaidmodelsincerealstalinwasuglyasshitgeorgian

Frogcucks gave up in real life in like 3 weeks, so how come my heavily upgraded and researched 100 divisions are taking like 4 months? I already have Panzer IIIs in early 1940 for fuck's sake

Over it's predecessor

Fucking learn english OP

>a better simulation takes away from things

Yeah, I can surely see how having an economy in HoI or EU would take away from thing and not simulate things as supply or production

>implying I meant that the overall release was as bad as HOI3, and not specifically the AI
>implying that (((Pdox))) won't go to further lengths to milk the massive tits of its fat, autistic, man-child fanboys for more cash

Are you spamming the shit out of heavy cruisers?

there is nothing wrong with mp

I already sent volunteers, 2 panzer divisions led by Rommel.

LITTLE
WHITE
PROPS

If yoh declare war on Belgium, Netherlands, and France at the same time it'll slow you the fuck down

Based Cobra

if they ever try to make Cold War game (or make HoI4 official Cold War mod or whatever) they'd need, at the very least, population and economy simulation since the conflict between capitalist and communist ideologies (and the particulars of the system) plus Cold War is when stuff like living standards and wealth of countries started actually mattering and being discussed.

That's not young Stalin you retard, that's a model who posed for the cover of a book. Young stalin in reality was an ugly sperg who always hid his face.

HOI 4 question here.

What should I do about fleet composition, and more broadly, submarine warfare? How do I make the best use of my subs and how do I kill enemy ones?

Because what the Germans did IRL was a miracle. You're also shit at the game

I didn't attack the Maginot head on, I went through the low countries but the fucking frogs sent a stack of like 8 divisions to Luxembourg that slowed me down for a while

I'd actually really like medieval economy in CK2, at least to simulate flow of goods, counties (and baronies (since cities were extremely important economically) producing goods) and stuff like gold and silver and copper producing counties because that would completely change up the game and people's goals. Right now, as long as the county is feudal and not completely shit in tech it's fine which is lame,.

just spam submarine production, convoy raid, starve enemy nation of resources.

Yes the AI which literally just stopped if you did something it didn't understand was definitely better.

The AI that would always do certain things, etc,etc. And yes I am implying that, because even trying to conceive what would make you think that actually made me lose braincells.

It wouldn't, the economies were completely different and simulating them would be computationally intensive and incredibly difficult to make even slightly realistic, even behind layers and layers of abstraction and would almost certainly not do a better job of simulating war economy which is a TOTALLY different beast to normal economy which is why it fundamentally changed many of the economists that had to run them.

Yeah but like, how many subs should I put in a group and all that?

I was asking for advice but I'm glad you got your opportunity to shitpost

But why. Not that guy but it took a retarded amount of time to beat Belgium, Netherlands and France and I had like 40 medium tank divisions that were slightly ahead of time and another 130 infantry divisions.