/twg/ - Total War General

Norscans must die Edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692490077&searchtext=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do you make a gobbo-only campaign ? Can you change your LL to a gob with a mod ?

*insults your favourite total war game*

I bet you can't even talk to girls haha.

What's the in-world reason for norscans being like twice the size of normal humans? Are they some kind of sub-race? Does Chaos energies being around you your whole like make you huge?

Everyone who likes that total war ruined /twg/

just replace your LL first turn

haha

Opinions on my cat?

How do you do that ?

Rollan!

open up your commanders details menu and click the little boot on the bottom right

> Tomb Kings still not announced

>6'0 vs 5'11

I used steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692490077&searchtext= and picked crooked moon, starts you with a gobbo lord and night goblins.

fred durstin

You're a gay faggot that should kill xirself

We need some more challenges similar to gobbos only. Anyone have ideas?

man gobbo only campaign must be brutal
the fanatics do okay in combat but the rest is pretty trash

>all of these stupid quotes about Bretonnian knights

Bretonnians were clearly supposed to be in the game on release but because CA fucked up their planning they have to release them as a freeLC

Amusingly that just makes them look better in the eyes of the average person

*adjusts trilby* but we're no "average person"...

In all seriousness though, I'm reasonably upset that they released payed DLC along with the game on release.

Nah man, blame sega rushing the game if anything.

I married my vampire waifu!

I hope we'll also get dismount button with them

I will always remember my freshman year of college because my RA owned a fedora and he legitimately thought it was cool

He was also one of those dicks who goes around looking for students who might be breaking some minor rule

there better be some qt elves when they come out

They will never be as qt as my vampire waifu.

i wouldn't be so sure. they might not have man-faces.

I like the ones with veils more 2bh

Cats are shit animals.

Elves only got ugly faces.

Your waifu is very nice.

>not playing on Ultra unit-size

Does anyone have any experience with using the faction unlocker mod to play as minor factions in a coop campaign? Does it work okay? Is it going to mess with my current singleplayer campaign saves any?

It works perfectly fine in coop, done it quite a bit. I've never had it cause a problem with my singleplayer but to be safe uncheck it on the mod manager when loading a campaign that doesn't use it.

That's what I needed to hear. Thanks, user

>gobbos only
>no monsters
>no tank/gryphons
>purge the french as empire

Norsca Invasion run, use only Marauder units etc.

>Just Auto Resolve my campaign senpai

>Does Chaos energies being around you your whole like make you huge?
This

GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG C'MON

4 SCOOPS OF KHORNE A DAY

pretty sweet lookin/10

Filch's cat/10

Must suck being a squib.

Basically how our world's Northmen had a general height advantage, taken to the extreme because it's a fantasy world and everything must be taken to its extreme.

Are you suggesting that the reason actual scandinavians are taller on average is because of a less extreme form of chaos corruption?

You got it, buddy

Mousillon is fun and I like the aesthetic mod

why's this still running whenever I quit the game?

...yep.

>Harry Potter: Total War

It would be shit

Does anyone know how the Kraka Drak mod plays? How buggy is it? Also how hard is it fending off Surtha Ek and Felman Ingersson from turn 1?

Let's try this again: What's wrong with my deployment here?

unless my eyes deceive me and that's actually a sharp slope then those cannons can't fire

Your infantry are too bunched up, spread them out a bit or you'll get the shit flanked out of you. Move your cannons back and make sure your cavalry stop anyone from going around to take them out. Where they are now, they'll have a hard time firing without shooting a cannon straight up some poor crossbowman's asshole.

I see nothing really wrong, but I'd move the swords in the middle up next to each other where the front one is. I get what you're trying to do to keep it clear for the gunners, but everything will end up blobbing infront of them anyway.

9/10

Make a line with infantry
Put gunners and crossbows to sides
Put cannons forward
Charge when enemy gets close to cannons or put infantry on both sides in advance
Flank blob with ranged and cavalry
Protect ranged with halberds

I'd move the gunners a bit further back so that they don't accidentally get engaged as enemy units start to overlap around your infantry.

Dwarfs are much better at the pike and shot style of hand gun deployment due to their infantry being much much tougher and with higher moral less prone to flanking issues. but empire can do it too, but they definitely need support.

DARKNESS COMES

and so do i

BY THE HAMMER, HAMMER THEM!

God damn Ungrim's voice actor is fucking garbage. In fact, the majority of them are terrible and don't fit their roles. I wonder how hard it would be to replace the voice overs with someone else saying the exact same thing.

Would

Bye Groongeese bee-ard

The flying bats make enemy armies act weird

They run around like they want to engage the bats, but then the AI realizes it can't actually hit them

>playing orcs
>forget about Bjornlings
>all my armies are up north

fuck fuck fuck fuck

>not having walls

lmao

>In fact, the majority of them are terrible and don't fit their roles
how do you mean

Cant fault thorgrims VA though. Well bearded.

They sieged me for 15 turns and assaulted 3 times before Azhag showed up to finish of the stragglers in my game

Milo > Ben Shapiro

Whaaaaaat

Agreed, at least from what I heard from Azhag. Sounded like some fat geezer they got off the local pub. An orc voice should not remind you of a ummie.

God fucking damnit, I can't stop saying it.
Is there any way to get rid of a specific voice line? I don't want to mute the game because I love the sound track. I'm playing VC and every time I hear "Darkness comes" I ALWAYS say "and so do i" under my breath. I can't help it, and I'm worried someones going to hear me whispering "and so do i" over and over again, and I can't very well explain it to them. I swear every character, regardless of necromancer or vampire lord says "Darkness comes" at least twice a turn, and it's really putting me on edge.

Darkness comes...

I'm being serious. I can't seem to find the sound files they use for voice lines, so I was hoping someone could help me get rid of that specific line. It wouldn't feel right if everybody was mute, I just want that line gone.

Darkness comes...

have you considered not being autistic instead

kill them
raise them

DARKNESS COMES

and so do i

Stick them in a stew

rolling

just keep doing it. Who cares

She looks kind of grumpy, do you think that she is nice and kind hearted?

And so do U

Of course she is! Unless you support the false Emperor from Reikland.

>recruit orc shaman for azhag quest
>end turn
>this pops

You get a glimpse of one in the vampire intro video, she giggles. Probably a total sweetheart when she isn't hungry.

SIGMAR FORBIDS THIS

I can't stand Milo's accent. Sorry.

BY SIGMAR, NO!

I get this event way too often

Kholek or Archaeon for chaos vh playthrough?

Sorry for being dumb but can someone explain magic to me?

About the spell on the left, what does it do exactly? What are power reserves? When is the best time to use this spell?

And about the UI on the right. The 30 there is basically the mana of my entire army right? What about that little curving bar there, what is that?

Also, is it just me or are the only useful spells the ones that buff/debuff? Damage and vortex spells feel so weak.

Sigvald is what I did my legendary with, so use Sigvald.

Also, I have a character that has multiple spells that do that. Do the effects stack?

ur gonna go to warhammer and do spells and shit
an yer gonna be fuckin pleased about it

On the left are character abilities, not spells. On the right are spells.

There is a certain amount of mana that you can hold at one time, and you got mana reserves, which returns mana back to you slowly over a few seconds or minutes. Damage spells against a group of units on larger battle sizes are shit. Damage spells against single targets are okay. If you're playing Mannfred or a Vampire hero, you'll learn to love the starting Lore of Death spell.

Archaon is the only appropriate leading lord, but Kholek can be forgiven because he can get 80% ward and that's just bonkers.

curvy bar is reserves
30 is the amount of magic you have to use
if you hover over it it shows how much magic you have/the rate you take it out of reserves. Reserves is the total amount you have to use

Magic is really weak atm, besides some single target spells and buffs

You've got norscans that sound like posh english, orks that sound like drunks and who suffer from the same thing as the dwarfs, the voice actor's voices aren't deep enough, an ork's voice is supposed to be deafening and booming and a dwarfs is supposed to sound deep and rumbling like the mines they work in, you've got people half assing the empire troops, the same god damn voice actor for each faction because CA was too lazy and cheap to get a different VA for each one. A lot of them have a bad habit of mumbling and slurring words together and its not because the character is like that, its because they're having a hard time trying to get the voice right. At least the brittonians sound okay, its obviously getting a little overblown and forced but at least they put effort in, same with the voice actor for franz and some of the voice actors for the vampires. However the female voice actor for them sucks ass and just sounds like she's some random person off the street reading the lines. I think the biggest culprit is that they aren't really getting into and enjoying their rolls.

Anyone willing to walk me trough the early campaign as orcs? I've tried several times at hard, but i still dont have any idea what im supposed to be doing.

Campaign map related things:
>Should i rush the dwarves? They seem to hit their t2 powerspike much faster than me.

>Should I have something like an army of gobbos to just run around rading and sacking, or have it support the main army?

>What I should occupy? Only the starting province? The mountains where you start?

>How to handle the economy? Run your shit close to red line to keep your army as big as it can early and support it by loot you get?

Then Battles:
>What is good for taking down dwarves? Loads of light cav? Are the chariots good?

> How i should actually do the battles? Distract with light cav so i dont get crossbowed to death? Try to use the grimgors black orcs to cut their line in two?

I've played trough Empire on hard, if it tells anything. Which funnily enough wasnt this confusing, seemed to have much more natural expansion directions. And ive played other TW's, but mostly as heavy infantry factions, so this is pretty new to me.