doodleordie.com/r/darksouls
imgur.com/a/XhBxC (DeS)
collageanon.imgur.com/
flockmod.com/dsg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rJ31eBipr_g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is already a thread up here with over 100 posts:

Oh, I can't see that thread in the catalog. So I made a new one.

BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT

Really?
I have Lucifer filtered because he is a dumb cunt but I still see threads in the catalog, even when he makes them.

Any comments or concerns with this Wolverine cosplay? I'm thinking of taking out the helmet.

?

Anyone on PC willing to backup their file and drop +2 rings and shit like that for me?

dank meems

I can in 17 hours.
I'm going to bed.
Then going to work
Then showering
Then sure

>in farron keep
>The three PS4 players who bought the game are huddled around the dead body of the only xbone user
>they drop pharis' hat, bow, and a stone guardian greatshield when I kill them
I don't understand

Hey, same for me.

>I can in 17 hours.

>mfw I can't in 17 hours
Let's make it like 20 or so!

Hey man thats not cool, prince died earlier this year

>invaded host of embers Chicken n' Wn nekcihC

Is the souls cycle real?

Do from do it intentionally?

I wasn't even aware this was an issue. Now I understand why last thread happened. sorry for making it a out to be a big deal against tripfags

Man I feel so stupid

It's literally just the Zelda cycle if you rotated to the next stage whenever the DLC dropped

Nice, edit. Check mine. I just confirmed that the filters do not hide the thread in the catalog.

I can, I already got everything with my main character. Where and what pass?

They auto center the catalog, yours is on the left. Also that edit is misaligned. Nice try

>summon a phantom
>he gIvEs you a HuG
>see he's got a crossbow on him
>Black Crystal him home

Highwall first bonfire
Pass make it "rings" I guess
Gotta be red sign

What's wrong with Xbow?

Does from release unfinished games intentionally in order to meet deadlines?
Yes

Do they patch the game constantly after release right up until the DLC?
Yes

The reason the games end up 10/.10 by the time the dlc is out isn't that the dlc fixes everything, it's that they fix most of the core issues with the game through patching by the time the dlc lands.

Souls games are generally excellent for a single playthrough, and their glaring flaws only become readily apparent through consecutive playthroughs and long-term pvp, which is why there's a shortlived post-release honeymoon period followed by months of harsh "critique" from pretentious youtube personalities. Fast forward 8 months and most of those issues have been addressed through patching, while the others are addressed by new content added in the dlc.

Why can host black crystal sentinels home lmao

>souls cycle

This shit happens for every from game, everytime they add a new number to the Armored Core series they always change a bunch of shit. Some of it is good and some is bad, some splits the community on if its good or not.

However the Armored Core unlike Soul series usually has a game or two following a generation of game that learns from mistakes and tightens it the new mechanics without shitting on everything and is usually called better in everyway. See Armored Core 4 to Armored Core For Answer, and Armored Core V to Armored Core Verdict Day for recent examples.

youtube.com/watch?v=rJ31eBipr_g

Yeah, you're a lying bitch.

But 4A wasn't an improvement over 4 at all.
It was the Bloodborne to 4's DeS. It took a game with tight controls and an intricately balanced and deep combat system and shat over everything for the sake of FAST. They broke down most of the game's mechanics through a mindless increase in speed that left the only viable option to use 1 cookie cutter build and spam the most efficient weapons possible. Neither game had stellar balance, but 4A was a huge mechanical step backwards from 4 in much the same way that Bloodborne's mechanics were vacuous style with no substance that relied on their speed gimmick over actual depth or engagement.

what weapon would you use for a sneaky assassin build? obscuring ring, the ring that silences footsteps, hornet ring. i want to invade archives or lothric castle and try to sneak up on the hosts and his buddies for a quick assassination and then book it.
regular dagger because of the high crit? or is there a better dagger? id prefer a dagger to fit the cosplay. id accept a straight sword though iguess

Thanks for the rings

Daggers are shit for backstabs due to their low AR. The high modifier doesn't compensate.

If you want to 1-shot hosts with hornetstabs, your best bet is a high-AR ultra weapon like the Dragonslayer Greataxe

Are the following swords good/usable:

-Carthus Curved Sword
-Pontiff Knight Curved Sword
-Falchion

I'd like to use one of them, maybe the Pontiff Knight because of the flashy weapon art, but I don't know how good they are in battle and I'd have to farm for the Falchion and Carthus sword.

I fail to understand why this relates to crossbows.

Feels though.

No problem man.

how come all the clutch rings have massively reduced effectiveness in pvp, but the hornet ring still does full damage?

Got my first invader kill with Dead Again. I thought it'd never be able to kill anything with it. I'm surprised how much damage a single explosion does.

>Works on my machine

i guess not one shot but deal a huge chunk of damage and finish them off with a bow or throwing knives while they panic roll away. are theyre still shit if i infuse them with sharp and go all out dex? i really dont wanna use a big weapon as its a cosplay build. 100% efficiency is not required, playing the part of a dagger/bow assassin hiding in the shadows/plain sight is more important.
i just wanna have fun and using an UGS would ruin the roleplay for me

>kill Soul of Cinder
>walk out of arena
>nothing happens
>walk up to bonfire in the arena
>Link the First Flame
>I guess this is all I can do?
>cutscene plays
>character stares at fire
>touches fire
>sits crosslegged silently at the fire like a behaved kindergartner
>screen fades to BLACK Black black
THAT WAS IT?

who knows. clutch rings were stealth nerfed, no one knows why

I agree with FA's speed being a problem and why I said "usually called better" subjectively rather than saying it objectively. Personally I liked the interior levels of previous games and Attack on B-17 or whatever it was called in FA shows why speed makes them shit.

Also most people tend to like FA over 4, and more so than 5/VD so I use those as an example when I see people go "why do souls game make so many changes between releases" when this shit has been going on for almost two decades, not exclusively to the souls series.

u were a good boy an did a good job

now eat your lunchables, there's even an estus juice box

>crossbow is the gun
>host sees the crossbow
>gets upset
>phantom is sent home
How did you not understand this

Carthus Curved Sword is one of the best weapons in the game.

>literally everyone is running through the game with at least two phantoms
>literally everyone refuses to pvp unless it's 3v1, because they don't have the confidence that they will win with just 2v1
>more people now are playing with 4
How much of a hormonal pussy boy do you have to be to require three fucking extra players to just play through the game? Holy shit.

I mean I guess? It's a bit of a stretch, innit? You didn't take the crossbow, you didn't tell he had it hidden, you didn't stop him from going and making a mistake with it. Quite a stretch, actually.

If you want 1v1s, FCs are usually hosted outside Pontiff

>literally everyone is running through the game with at least two phantoms
its not quite true, its just that matchmaking prioritizes you to worlds where the host has phantoms. there are solo players, you just have a much smaller chance of invading them

There goes MoonLight Master.
The biggest ASS that ever lived.
What a douche.

essentially all players are terrible at pvp, user. and pve, they need all the help they can get.

Moonlight master
you should kick my BUTT

PVE wise, ds1 is the best game in the souls series. Right or wrong?

Das2 holds that title desu

Wrong, DeS has the best PVE, with Bloodborne right behind it.

ill drop someone +2 rings if someone will do the same for my twink

>red invades me and my friend
>he wants our bodies
>friend runs off and leaves me with the red
And then he slapped me with his penis.

Post like these need to have the platform you're playing on...

PvE
DeS > BB > DaS2 > DaS1 > DaS3

PvP

DaS2 > DeS > BB > DaS3 > DaS1

DaS1 is the best RPG in the series
DaS2 fails a lot in the RPG aspects of the game, but at least has them
DaS3 doesn't even try. It's an action game, through and through. The RPG elements in it are as vestigial as they are in Bloodborne.

They all share elements of action games, and 3 does the action elements the best out of them all, but that comes at the cost of the entire RPG concept just being absent from it.

pc friendo

So, if I want to make a character that uses Dark spells, my options are Black Fire Orb, Affinity and... is there anything else that is usable? Not completely shit?
I don't mind underwhelming but seriously, some of these seem so situational or just plain terrible.

I agree with this except DeS. That shit aged poorly. Disconnected world just like das2

How could he be so cruelhouse?

I hope he's happeeEEEeeee

I liked DeS's disconnected worlds, honestly. It let you get weapons or armor for a build super fast, right out of the gate

Can anyone drop me a refined gem
I'm on Wii u

>me and friend stuck in Irithyl Dungeon
>need help but the only other sign is a purple
>take the gamble
>summon the grape
>he stands there staring at us
>spams PMs telling us to Applaud

>disconnected world just like DaS2
3 has mandatory warp outs to other areas

BB is connected to a degree but it isn't 100%

DaS1 is the only area where every area can be reached through connections from other areas

Disconnected World only makes things worse if individual levels are shit, 2 had some terrible areas, whereas DeS has the best poison area in the Soulsborne titles.

Seems about right, this might be the reason why i like ds1 so much but crystal cave is still bullshit.

Great Deep Soul
Dark Edge
Dark Blade

best level for woods/cathedral invasions? wpn upgrade?

35/+3

>kill king of storms
>dodge nameless wind attacks
>hit nameless once
>get hit by the roll catch
repeat ad infinitum

Fuck Prince Lothric.
Lothric wants to empty the Lothrics, fill our streets with Lothrics, and make a Lothric-making operation out of his Lothrics.

Lothric or lothic

>infinite homeward bone
>sunlight straight sword buff
>cleric's candlestick and scholar's candlestick
Why even put those three miracles in the game if you're going to invalidate their use

>mfw he said he was going to zip up his pants
I can't believe he said that.

>find a Taurus(?) demon in the Catacombs
>even the skeletons help me kill it
>continue on to a bonfire that leads to a small cave hallway
>walk into the open to find Ash Lake fucking set ablaze
It's so hot out there the Uh-Huh girls just went UEHAUUWUHUH.

>In the Catacombs
>Anri starts yelling at me
>AND YOU FIND HORACE
>AND YOU FIND HORACE
>AND YOU FIND HORACE
>AND YOU FIND HORACE
I don't mind the yelling but does she have to spiips?

What's the best build for the cathedral knight greatsword?

>Darkmoon covenant is still fukt
>too lazy to commence silver knight genocide.
How fucked am i?

This is officially the best /dsg/ thread.

is this supposed to be yhorm

>Dark Souls 3 challenge run with a billion END
>your only way to move around the landscape is dark sword R1s

What do you think it is?

Yhorm is not a coat.
Yhorm is not a closet.
Bowl. Yhorm is not a bowl.

scrubs in full fallen knight already do this :^)

>sitting around waiting for Farron invades
>any one invade takes an hour+
>usually times out
>any I get are seeded
How's that family share thing work?
Cuz holy fuck at least if the invades were quick I wouldn't feel like shooting myself.

what SL are you my man

farron invasions dry up quickly

120, I should not have waiting on this, I could just farm Ghrus I guess but fuckery. Like holy hell, the invasion complaints are real as fuck.

The most meta /dsg/ thread*

Anyone notice that blue summons are more frequent now? I'm getting them just about every three invasions and I haven't messed around with the family share garbage.

Making it worse would have been a fucking achievament.

Anyone know what the conditions are for Pale Shade of Londor to invade you in Farron Keep? I've never seen him invade except for Irithyll, but you have to kill him both times to get the Pale Shade set IIRC.

You missed him in Farron Keep. He invades near the first bonfire on the way to basilisk town.

I will never post in a lucifer thread, ever.

>From releases a buggy unfinished mess
>people are upset
>they fix a lot of problems in patches and the DLC
>people are now content and happy
Will From ever finish a game before releasing it?
Will From ever release a game without cutting a shitload of content?

He does every time? I've only gotten invaded by Heysel in that locale by the basilisks.

Fuckkk.

>starting your character as a Sorcerer is not the best way to level a Sorcerer